Image ImageImage Image

PG: New Best Win of the Season

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

The Force.
Head Coach
And1: 2,112

Re: PG: New Best Win of the Season 

Post#21 » by The Force. » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:45 am

** Warning: negative take to follow **

This is the epitome of a pointless win. It would be one thing if P-Will or Coby had breakout games but winning on the backs of Vuc and Theis?? Lackluster. But yay, another step closer to the play-in, I guess...
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 2,999

Post#22 » by jordanwilliams6 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:46 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:We have to resign Theis right?

Definitely. I mentioned in the game day thread that the qualities he has pretty much match Vuc perfectly. His age fits the timeline of the team too.
- High energy
- Interior D presence
- Ability to switch on the perimeter.
- Low usage
- Can pass, shoot and score when needed.
bad knees
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#23 » by bad knees » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:46 am

We all want to resign Theis. The question is whether he wants the Bulls. He is mostly a PF for us. Is he cool with that, or does he want to play C like he has for most of his career? I don’t know. But it will be a gut punch if he leaves.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,346

Post#24 » by DASMACKDOWN » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:47 am

I thought Lauri was very impactful in that 4th quarter. That goodness Billy learned is lesson with no Valentine this time.
The Cult of Personality
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,373

Post#25 » by DuckIII » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:49 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:I thought Lauri was very impactful in that 4th quarter. That goodness Billy learned is lesson with no Valentine this time.

He was outstanding.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,704

Post#26 » by BullChit » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:49 am

Good night for play in Bulls fans... Bad night for the Chicago Tankers.. However something we can all agree on is Kris Dunn tonight.

0 pts 0-5fg (0-1 3pt), 0 assist, 1 rebound, 1stl, 1blk, 1 turnover, 3 fouls in 13 minutes... I'm aware it's his first game in over a year but still glad we don't have to witness that play in a Bulls jersey.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 14,828

Post#27 » by Mk0 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:49 am

bad knees wrote:We all want to resign Theis. The question is whether he wants the Bulls. He is mostly a PF for us. Is he cool with that, or does he want to play C like he has for most of his career? I don’t know. But it will be a gut punch if he leaves.

We need to keep him as a starter, if he ends up on the bench again he's gonna leave. Why would you want to come off the Bulls bench when you can do that for a contender?
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,239

Post#28 » by 2weekswithpay » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:50 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:We have to resign Theis right?

For the right price. Theis is 29 already and this is probably his last chance at a payday.
Tetlak
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,133

Post#29 » by Tetlak » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:51 am

Gabe Vincent is horrendous. He's literally a more athletic, non shooting Arci.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#30 » by sco » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:51 am

Had this one down as a sure loss. Our good 3pt shooting trumped our bad turnover night.

I think someone said that we got Theis with the mind of keeping him. I've sait this so often, but he is about as good of a pairing with Vuc as we're gonna find. He is such an energy guy, and he inspires his teammates to play tougher - no way Sato blocks that shot of Theis wasn't out there bringing the energy.

Vuc makes things so much easier on offense for us.

Temple makes so many invisible, but valuable plays - love that dude!

Coby is so much better when he isn't playmaking. Catch and shoot & straight-line driving. His defensive awareness is still bad.

I don't mind the line-up with Lauri, Thad and Theis. Lauri tries and is inconsistent, but by definition, there's at least some good mixed in.

PWill didn't do too much, but he wasn't hurting us either.

I can't wait for Valentine to be planted on the bench again - too dumb, too slow, too MSU. Zach and Brown can't get back soon enough.
:clap:
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,288

Post#31 » by Stratmaster » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:53 am

DuckIII wrote:Despite my preference to lose, this was an exciting gutsy throwback game and I freaking loved it.

Vuc, Theis and maybe even Coby will probably get all the love. But I want to highlight Lauri’s second half. His stats don’t pop out at you but he was playing winning hoops all half on both ends of the court. Damn I wish we could see that version of him more often. It’s fun and infuriating at the same time.

Regardless, hell of a game from Lauri. He was a major factor in a gutsy physical win, and his play matched the tone of the game.
Good thing, because he played like ass in the first half.

Vuc and Theis won this game.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
mtron32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,997

Post#32 » by mtron32 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:54 am

Mk0 wrote:Coby learnt his lesson with Jimmy goading fouls. He pulled the chair out from under him and Jimmy blew the wide open layup in the clutch. HUGE play by White. Has to be noted

That play was impressive from him and the fact that's he's stopped jetting like a bat out of hell with a lead and minutes left....growth. Aside from those jitters he had during the first quarter Saturday, he's been surprisingly easy on my eyes since Zach's been out.
Just_Bullz
Veteran
And1: 629

Post#33 » by Just_Bullz » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:54 am

Good win and good job. Gutsy and strong-willed.

Sounding out Lauri for hitting that 3, that was your moment.

On to the next, keep on rollin!
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,346

Post#34 » by DASMACKDOWN » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:55 am

bad knees wrote:We all want to resign Theis. The question is whether he wants the Bulls. He is mostly a PF for us. Is he cool with that, or does he want to play C like he has for most of his career? I don’t know. But it will be a gut punch if he leaves.

The way I see it, we can lose Lauri. It will hurt but there are other ways to make up for Lauri. We cant lose both Lauri and Theis for nothing. That would be a significant step backwards for the franchise.
The Cult of Personality
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,017

Post#35 » by FriedRise » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:55 am

It's crazy that we're playing a 7 footer at SF, but Lauri at the 3 is really a thing huh? +9 tonight in 23 minutes.

I didn't think he looked overly mismatched either defensively, and between him, Vooch, and Theis, they can all switch 3-5. We're so big that we can outrebound the other team (2 rebounds total for Lauri tonight! heyoo!), and limit second chance points while getting some for ourselves.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,676

Post#36 » by GoBlue72391 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:55 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:I thought Lauri was very impactful in that 4th quarter. That goodness Billy learned is lesson with no Valentine this time.

Oh god, please don't mention Denzel and 4th quarter in the same sentence.
bad knees
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#37 » by bad knees » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:55 am

Mk0 wrote:

We need to keep him as a starter, if he ends up on the bench again he's gonna leave. Why would you want to come off the Bulls bench when you can do that for a contender?

Of course he’s a starter. For us he starts at PF. He may prefer to go elsewhere and start at C.
chefo
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,386

Post#38 » by chefo » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:56 am

Say what you want, but quality size is often tough to overcome. Wish our bigs + Lauri could play D like tonight every game. Our lineup in the 4th had 2 seven footers and another guy who plays really big despite being only 6'8.5. The Heat got nothing going all 4th just like last game, and this time there was no Val to bail them out.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,288

Post#39 » by Stratmaster » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:00 am

FriedRise wrote:It's crazy that we're playing a 7 footer at SF, but Lauri at the 3 is really a thing huh? +9 tonight in 23 minutes.

I didn't think he looked overly mismatched either defensively, and between him, Vooch, and Theis, they can all switch 3-5. We're so big that we can outrebound the other team (2 rebounds total for Lauri tonight! heyoo!), and limit second chance points while getting some for ourselves.
Lauri got abused defensively.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,810

Post#40 » by Dresden » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:01 am

Celtics were using him more as a pf this year, too, so I don't imagine he wants to be exclusively, or even mainly, a center.

Return to Chicago Bulls