Image ImageImage Image

PG: New Best Win of the Season

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,222

Re: PG: New Best Win of the Season 

Post#41 » by Red8911 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:02 am

Most of these back to back games against the same team usually end up being 1-1 and that’s exactly what happened. Bulls needed this one badly and fortunately they came through !

Theis was awesome today, scored 23 pts, rebounded, defended, blocked people,had assists, hustled, he did it all.By far his best game as a Bull, I see him becoming a fan favorite. I really hope the bulls can bring him back, I expect him to have interest from around the league though.

Vucevic once again did what he usually does, was the main point on offense and hit big shots. Coby was good played under control and scored in key moments, he has gotten his confidence back playing as a starter. Thad and Temple were solid and contributed to the win. Lauri was ok too at SF, 12 pts with a big 3 pointer in the 4th and finished the game over PWill who was once again disappointing.

I hate watching Jimmy playing against the bulls, still can’t believe they had a player like that and decided to trade him. He had a very good game but that missed layup there at the end was a gift. Big win tonight but on to the next. Beat those fkn Knicks !!!
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#42 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:05 am

The Force. wrote:** Warning: negative take to follow **

This is the epitome of a pointless win. It would be one thing if P-Will or Coby had breakout games but winning on the backs of Vuc and Theis?? Lackluster. But yay, another step closer to the play-in, I guess...

Yes winning because our all-star that we traded two 1st round picks for is bad. /s
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Post#43 » by Stratmaster » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:07 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
The Force. wrote:** Warning: negative take to follow **

This is the epitome of a pointless win. It would be one thing if P-Will or Coby had breakout games but winning on the backs of Vuc and Theis?? Lackluster. But yay, another step closer to the play-in, I guess...

Yes winning because our all-star that we traded two 1st round picks for is bad. /s
Yeah. Overrated.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,222

Post#44 » by Red8911 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:08 am

2weekswithpay wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:We have to resign Theis right?

For the right price. Theis is 29 already and this is probably his last chance at a payday.

Exactly Theis will go wherever he gets paid the most. Problem is a lot of teams will probably want him. He would fit in great on contending teams. Hopefully he likes it here and decides to stay.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,877

Post#45 » by Dresden » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:08 am

DuckIII wrote:
BigUps wrote:Theis was a really good trade. We won that one. No debating it.

Too bad he’s a UFA. Could be short lived. I’ve been really happy with him. We need some guys like that going forward.

I don't know how much of a market there will be for him though. His type of play is not really what teams are looking for right now. He's not a stretch 4, he's not an athletic rim protector, and he's not young either. Playing under Brad Stevens though, he knows how to move the ball and play good team defense, which makes him pretty valuable. He's also a good fit with our roster here, and he's getting a lot of minutes. I could see him re-signing here if we can make a competitive offer.
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#46 » by Stratmaster » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:10 am

I am really looking forward to seeing the Coby, Zach, Temple, Theis, Vuc lineup.

bad knees
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#47 » by bad knees » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:10 am

Dresden wrote:
bad knees wrote:We all want to resign Theis. The question is whether he wants the Bulls. He is mostly a PF for us. Is he cool with that, or does he want to play C like he has for most of his career? I don’t know. But it will be a gut punch if he leaves.

Celtics were using him more as a pf this year, too, so I don't imagine he wants to be exclusively, or even mainly, a center.

Until this year Theis played almost exclusively C. Last year he was the starting C for the Celtics when they went to the Eastern Conference finals. He played PF for the Celtics this year only because Ainge made the mistake of spending a fair amount to sign Tristan Thompson. When you read the Celtics board, they all seem to believe that Theis prefers to play C and only plays PF because it is obviously better for the team. This summer he will undoubtedly have his choice of teams who will offer him the opportunity to start at C. I don’t know his preference. I’m just saying that it’s a potential problem for us in our efforts to resign him. Who knows? Maybe PF is growing on him.
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#48 » by Stratmaster » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:13 am

bad knees wrote:
Dresden wrote:
bad knees wrote:We all want to resign Theis. The question is whether he wants the Bulls. He is mostly a PF for us. Is he cool with that, or does he want to play C like he has for most of his career? I don’t know. But it will be a gut punch if he leaves.

Celtics were using him more as a pf this year, too, so I don't imagine he wants to be exclusively, or even mainly, a center.

Until this year Theis played almost exclusively C. Last year he was the starting C for the Celtics when they went to the Eastern Conference finals. He played PF for the Celtics this year only because Ainge made the mistake of spending a fair amount to sign Tristan Thompson. When you read the Celtics board, they all seem to believe that Theis prefers to play C and only plays PF because it is obviously better for the team. This summer he will undoubtedly have his choice of teams who will offer him the opportunity to start at C. I don’t know his preference. I’m just saying that it’s a potential problem for us in our efforts to resign him. Who knows? Maybe PF is growing on him.
Who do you think wants to pay him top dollar to be their starting center?

cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,104

Post#49 » by cool007 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:18 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:We have to resign Theis right?

No question about it. My top priority is him and Temple - Lauri at the end.
bad knees
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by bad knees » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:22 am

Stratmaster wrote:
bad knees wrote:
Dresden wrote:

Hornets, Knicks, Thunder, Mavs, Raptors, for starters, will likely be interested and have the space. And why do you mention top dollar? That’s not the point. The point is Theis may well want to play C and there will be teams offering the opportunity. If he prefers to play C, then we are likely screwed.
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#51 » by Stratmaster » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:27 am

bad knees wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
bad knees wrote:Until this year Theis played almost exclusively C. Last year he was the starting C for the Celtics when they went to the Eastern Conference finals. He played PF for the Celtics this year only because Ainge made the mistake of spending a fair amount to sign Tristan Thompson. When you read the Celtics board, they all seem to believe that Theis prefers to play C and only plays PF because it is obviously better for the team. This summer he will undoubtedly have his choice of teams who will offer him the opportunity to start at C. I don’t know his preference. I’m just saying that it’s a potential problem for us in our efforts to resign him. Who knows? Maybe PF is growing on him.

Hornets, Knicks, Thunder, Mavs, Raptors, for starters, will likely be interested and have the space. And why do you mention top dollar? That’s not the point. The point is Theis may well want to play C and there will be teams offering the opportunity. If he prefers to play C, then we are likely screwed.
I wasn't challenging you. Was genuinely curious.

As far as top dollar, the trend of the comments seems to be he is going to get paid. Trying to get a feel for how much

bad knees
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by bad knees » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:33 am

Stratmaster wrote:
bad knees wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:Who do you think wants to pay him top dollar to be their starting center?

I wasn't challenging you. Was genuinely curious.

As far as top dollar, the trend of the comments seems to be he is going to get paid. Trying to get a feel for how much

I dunno how much he will get offered. But there is going to be a lot of money chasing a shallow pool of FAs, and most everyone loves him for the same reasons that we do. I could see the Hornets or the Mavs deciding to go after him. And he’s a Thibs guy for sure. All of them are going to have a lot of space this summer.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,877

Post#53 » by Dresden » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:34 am

He's pretty undersized as a center. I don't imagine there are a whole lot of guys who would prefer to have to defend the paint every night and go up against guys like Embiid, Gobert, and the like, when instead they could be playing more on the perimeter, and getting to shoot more. But he might be one, I don't know either. I think it's likely he will be used at both positions for whoever signs him.
chefo
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,386

Post#54 » by chefo » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:40 am

Some quick laughter nuggets from the Heat forum:

* We're known lovingly as the "Cows"; there was an effin' somewhere in there too.
* We've got "The Triple Towers"--hey, it worked for Pop with Rasho, Timmy and Drob? We're two HOF short in our triple towers, but so what? Go big or go back to...? I was about to say Milwaukee, but they have one of the best teams in the NBA. And, they're pretty huge themselves.
* Fire Spo
* I'm pretty sure the spell check ***-out some of the stuff said about Vincent
* Fire Spo
* Hang'm up, Udonis!
cool007
RealGM

Post#55 » by cool007 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:48 am

Stratmaster wrote:I am really looking forward to seeing the Coby, Zach, Temple, Theis, Vuc lineup.

When Zach comes back and if Billy has PWilly still in the starting lineup over Temple then I will have to seriouly question Billy and how much he wants to win.
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#56 » by Stratmaster » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:51 am

cool007 wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:I am really looking forward to seeing the Coby, Zach, Temple, Theis, Vuc lineup.

When Zach comes back and if Billy has PWilly still in the starting lineup over Temple then I will have to seriouly question Billy and how much he wants to win.
Agree 1000%

SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,142

Post#57 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:54 am

Missed the game, was going to watch the replay and avoid realgm so as not to get spoilers...go out for a cig, look at my phone and open espn/nba according to muscle memory...well we won and seems like a game worth watching!!
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#58 » by Stratmaster » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:03 am

SalmonsSuperfan wrote:Missed the game, was going to watch the replay and avoid realgm so as not to get spoilers...go out for a cig, look at my phone and open espn/nba according to muscle memory...well we won and seems like a game worth watching!!
Definitely worth watching. It was a great game.

Even if it hadn't been, Jimmy Butler missed a layup down the stretch trying to flail his way into a foul. That alone was with it :)

cool007
RealGM

Post#59 » by cool007 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:06 am

SalmonsSuperfan wrote:Missed the game, was going to watch the replay and avoid realgm so as not to get spoilers...go out for a cig, look at my phone and open espn/nba according to muscle memory...well we won and seems like a game worth watching!!

Yes definitly worth watching. Felt like a playoff type game. Going back and forth - both teams fighting hard.
That's the kind of game I like watching - both offensively and defensively.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#60 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:18 am

I watched the end of it but I had it on the whole time I was watching the Knicks/Suns, which was a great game also. Bulls played really well. They are 4-3 without Lavine and have their two best wins of the season also. Hopefully when he comes back they can keep moving the ball and playing better defense like they did tonight.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson

Return to Chicago Bulls