ImageImageImageImage

2020-2021 Regular Season Game 58: Orlando Magic (18-39) at Atlanta Hawks (31-26)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

OrlandoSaban
Junior
And1: 201

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 58: Orlando Magic (18-39) at Atlanta Hawks (31-26) 

Post#161 » by OrlandoSaban » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:08 pm

Been a Magic fan since the very first game ever. Never thought that intentionally losing games would be excited. For some reason the way the NBA has become a political machine about BS, what the hell I guess?
OrlMagic05
Sixth Man
And1: 1,062

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 58: Orlando Magic (18-39) at Atlanta Hawks (31-26) 

Post#162 » by OrlMagic05 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:32 pm

OrlandoSaban wrote:Been a Magic fan since the very first game ever. Never thought that intentionally losing games would be excited. For some reason the way the NBA has become a political machine about BS, what the hell I guess?

Why do people get so upset that players have political views.. Let me guess "shut up and dribble"? I got into a disagreement with a friend about this the other day. People don't b***h about Dana White being pro Trump/express his political views or boycot UFC, but the moment LeBron or the NBA says something that they dont agree with its always keep politics out of sports..Hmm :roll:
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,489

Post#163 » by Skybox » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:01 pm

OrlMagic05 wrote:
OrlandoSaban wrote:Been a Magic fan since the very first game ever. Never thought that intentionally losing games would be excited. For some reason the way the NBA has become a political machine about BS, what the hell I guess?

Why do people get so upset that players have political views.. Let me guess "shut up and dribble"? I got into a disagreement with a friend about this the other day. People don't b***h about Dana White being pro Trump/express his political views or boycot UFC, but the moment LeBron or the NBA says something that they dont agree with its always keep politics out of sports..Hmm :roll:

I think it's incredibly courageous considering the blowback Kapernick got (he was a top 5 QB) to feel so strongly that a player or celeb puts his ass and his endorsements on the line by making a statement. They know they have influence among communities that may not, unfortunately, pay enough attention or get involved in things that DO affect them. LBJ and others encourage people to use what they're given (votes, efforts to encourage others, for example) to make changes...anybody who opposes that probably just doesn't agree with their positions (even though they'll deny it-1st Amendment gets interpreted however they like-just like the Bible)...It's certainly not as unethical, IMO, as big corps throwing literally millions to get things "fixed" the way they want. I see it in my business everyday...the big money beats up the little money EVERY F**king time. It's childish and lazy to say "shut up and dribble" or "why should I have to listen to his opinion"...you don't (if you're willing to give up NBA, sorry-that's his leverage and he's using it for a cause he believes in). All the talk of "I'll never watch another NFL game again" certainly didn't seem to materialize. Another empty threat from the same people that like to call out "cancel culture" when they disagree....wait, no politics. I barely survived the election. :nonono:
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 489

Post#164 » by 89Magicfan » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:54 pm

OrlMagic05 wrote:

I don’t agree with shut up and dribble. However, in a day where every damn thing now is politicized because it’s a business that makes politicians richer, it would be nice to enjoy life, the in the moments. Sports as a kid was a way out from all the drama and bs. It seems as we grow up we get dumber and forget why we turned to sports in the first place.

I don’t watch espn. Not because I don’t agree or disagree. It doesn’t matter because my opinion is mine. I just don’t value steven a smith or anyone’s over mine unless they are doing something I want to do and like to know how they got there (ie if I wanted to be a baller I’d watch the greats). I have no desire to be a sportscaster. I also don’t put much emphasis on someone lecturing who has no clue on what it’s like on the other side of the coin.

So yeah don’t just shut up and dribble but stop thinking because you can dribble you’re an expert at everything else and don’t for god’s sake forget why sports was was so helpful to all of us growing up. To get away from the bull, not to run to it to get rich from it.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#165 » by tiderulz » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:40 pm

89Magicfan wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:

I don’t agree with shut up and dribble. However, in a day where every damn thing now is politicized because it’s a business that makes politicians richer, it would be nice to enjoy life, the in the moments. Sports as a kid was a way out from all the drama and bs. It seems as we grow up we get dumber and forget why we turned to sports in the first place.

I don’t watch espn. Not because I don’t agree or disagree. It doesn’t matter because my opinion is mine. I just don’t value steven a smith or anyone’s over mine unless they are doing something I want to do and like to know how they got there (ie if I wanted to be a baller I’d watch the greats). I have no desire to be a sportscaster. I also don’t put much emphasis on someone lecturing who has no clue on what it’s like on the other side of the coin.

So yeah don’t just shut up and dribble but stop thinking because you can dribble you’re an expert at everything else and don’t for god’s sake forget why sports was was so helpful to all of us growing up. To get away from the bull, not to run to it to get rich from it.

but the things they are talking about, many know. growing up in projects, being profiled and harrassed by police (rightfully and wrongfully). trying to make a difference (some do, some dont). and sometimes you need bigger platform to highlight a problem that exists for decades but no one wants to talk about
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect

Post#166 » by 89Magicfan » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:04 pm

tiderulz wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:

but the things they are talking about, many know. growing up in projects, being profiled and harrassed by police (rightfully and wrongfully). trying to make a difference (some do, some dont). and sometimes you need bigger platform to highlight a problem that exists for decades but no one wants to talk about

Speaking and doing. Warrick Dunn saw an problem with single mothers battling financial issues in regards to homes. He did something and receives little attention for it.

There’s a lot of issues going other than race and police for decades as well. Those issues however don’t benefit the media talking heads and politicians and the ones that are doing something about a variety of issues don’t get much recognition.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#167 » by tiderulz » Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:49 pm

89Magicfan wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:

Speaking and doing. Warrick Dunn saw an problem with single mothers battling financial issues in regards to homes. He did something and receives little attention for it.

There’s a lot of issues going other than race and police for decades as well. Those issues however don’t benefit the media talking heads and politicians and the ones that are doing something about a variety of issues don’t get much recognition.

speaking is better than ignoring. Ignoring only helps the people it isnt affecting. Yeah, Lebron may talk a lot. He also went into Akron and helped out a school and get people into college. Yes, Warrick Dunn has done a lot. He was very personally affected (single mother a cop that was killed on duty). Doesnt mean people cant do something less than him and it doesnt count.

Dunn receives a lot of attention, but its the bad stories that always grab the headlines. just like 90-95-98% of cops are good, buying bikes with their own money, helping kids and neighborhoods and people like Chauvin grab the headlines.
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect

Post#168 » by 89Magicfan » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:15 pm

tiderulz wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:
tiderulz wrote:but the things they are talking about, many know. growing up in projects, being profiled and harrassed by police (rightfully and wrongfully). trying to make a difference (some do, some dont). and sometimes you need bigger platform to highlight a problem that exists for decades but no one wants to talk about

speaking is better than ignoring. Ignoring only helps the people it isnt affecting. Yeah, Lebron may talk a lot. He also went into Akron and helped out a school and get people into college. Yes, Warrick Dunn has done a lot. He was very personally affected (single mother a cop that was killed on duty). Doesnt mean people cant do something less than him and it doesnt count.

Dunn receives a lot of attention, but its the bad stories that always grab the headlines. just like 90-95-98% of cops are good, buying bikes with their own money, helping kids and neighborhoods and people like Chauvin grab the headlines.

Speaking is fine when you know what you’re talking about.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#169 » by Skybox » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:00 pm

89Magicfan wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:

that's the tricky part :nod: ...but, there's so much bad info in mainstream sources now that everyone believes they're right because they can find unlimited fellow idiots who want to believe same...Hence, freedom of speech-but buyer beware
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect

Post#170 » by 89Magicfan » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:27 pm

Skybox wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:
tiderulz wrote:speaking is better than ignoring. Ignoring only helps the people it isnt affecting. Yeah, Lebron may talk a lot. He also went into Akron and helped out a school and get people into college. Yes, Warrick Dunn has done a lot. He was very personally affected (single mother a cop that was killed on duty). Doesnt mean people cant do something less than him and it doesnt count.

that's the tricky part :nod: ...but, there's so much bad info in mainstream sources now that everyone believes they're right because they can find unlimited fellow idiots who want to believe same...Hence, freedom of speech-but buyer beware

People just gotta stop giving a shh what LeBron, Steven A Smith, etc think or say. They don’t give a damn about you and me. They blame the same system that gives them multiple houses and fat accounts. ESPN was watchable when sportscenter just ran highlights. Now they put everyone on a soap box to talk about things they claim they care about, don’t know anything about and pay them huge amount of money to do so.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#171 » by tiderulz » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:53 pm

89Magicfan wrote:
Skybox wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:

People just gotta stop giving a shh what LeBron, Steven A Smith, etc think or say. They don’t give a damn about you and me. They blame the same system that gives them multiple houses and fat accounts. ESPN was watchable when sportscenter just ran highlights. Now they put everyone on a soap box to talk about things they claim they care about, don’t know anything about and pay them huge amount of money to do so.

i dont take anyone's straight word. But Lebron is helping put kids in college (11,000 scholarships). also helped fund and open a high school and provide housing. so hate on him all you want, he is doing things to help.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#172 » by Skybox » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:28 pm

89Magicfan wrote:
Skybox wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:

Nobody listens to those that don't "Have" already, they don't have an audience. The "system" didn't give LBJ anything, they went and got it. Being 6'9 and a freak of nature played a huge part but his neighbors growing up didn't have those advantages...he's speaking for them even though he's set.
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect

Post#173 » by 89Magicfan » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:12 pm

tiderulz wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:
Skybox wrote:

i dont take anyone's straight word. But Lebron is helping put kids in college (11,000 scholarships). also helped fund and open a high school and provide housing. so hate on him all you want, he is doing things to help.

Not hating on him. Idgaf about him just like he doesn’t gaf about me.

He’s an athlete and does good things. He’s not the all knowing.
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect

Post#174 » by 89Magicfan » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:13 pm

Skybox wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Nobody listens to those that don't "Have" already, they don't have an audience. The "system" didn't give LBJ anything, they went and got it. Being 6'9 and a freak of nature played a huge part but his neighbors growing up didn't have those advantages...he's speaking for them even though he's set.

What he got here isn’t what most others get in other countries.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#175 » by Skybox » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:16 pm

89Magicfan wrote:
Skybox wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:

He's not satisfied...I like that. Could be/Should be a lot better for a lot more
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect

Post#176 » by 89Magicfan » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:54 pm

Skybox wrote:
89Magicfan wrote:
Skybox wrote:

He's not satisfied...I like that. Could be/Should be a lot better for a lot more

He doesn’t have the qualifications. His handling of the recent shooting was atrocious.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 23,908

Post#177 » by Knightro » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:23 pm

People who say "keep politics out of sports!" actually mean "keep the side of politics I don't agree with out of sports!"

That's all I can say.
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect

Post#178 » by 89Magicfan » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:51 pm

Knightro wrote:People who say "keep politics out of sports!" actually mean "keep the side of politics I don't agree with out of sports!"

That's all I can say.

Bs. People go to sports at an early age to decompress from life and stress, to have an outlet, so naturally they want the same when they grow up.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,125

Post#179 » by pepe1991 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:12 pm

Knightro wrote:People who say "keep politics out of sports!" actually mean "keep the side of politics I don't agree with out of sports!"

That's all I can say.

Ehh... vast majority of us fell in love with sports way earlier than we had any clue what politic is.

As for Lebron issue goes, he should shut up and dribble. Because he is hypocrit. He delited very dangerous tweet that is basically threatening other person. if any white player of any sport had such a racist tweet he would have been suspended and blacked out from sports in general.
Lebron and other race-baiting people don't give a damn if black are killing blacks, they won't say a word, but if white kills black ( regardless if it was in litteral attemp to save girl from being stabbed by other female, who just happend to be black) than he will bark.

IN mean time, same cultural "woke" warrior, is being slapped in nuts from China but in that case he is no longer posting his #accountability BS because it goes against his pockets.
That's why Ali is biggest activists in sports history, he was willing to give up everything for what he belived. Lebron is not willing to give up on anything, he is political puppet from left wing that plays their race-card game every time something happends, that fits their narrative.

Either keep your ground and be part of the politics or don't. Lebron wants his cake, but also wants to eat it too. it doesn't work like that, he just keeps making fool of himself. You can't talk about equality and in same time bag China to stay in NBA to not cut you salary, despite China doing modern day genocide on daily bases against muslims and is just matter of time when their hands will be full of blood of Hong Kong population ,as their agreement is up in air in 2050.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,936

Post#180 » by Xatticus » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:26 pm

89Magicfan wrote:

That's all I can say.

Bs. People go to sports at an early age to decompress from life and stress, to have an outlet, so naturally they want the same when they grow up.

Maybe athletes don't want to serve as a distraction from issues that mean something to them personally? Do their points of view inhibit your enjoyment of the product on the playing surface?
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991

Return to Orlando Magic