ImageImageImage

OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,851

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1381 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:15 pm

djFan71 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
djFan71 wrote:I'm interested in this one too. I liked the Kaz books more, but enjoyed them all. It will be interesting to see how they combine things from the 2 series.

Pilot was good. Might need to change my name to zoyathesqualler.

I'm 2 episodes in, pretty solid. I give it 4 of 5 Wanamakers so far. Seems like they're just Game of Thronesing it and making up their own Kaz story line, but it's working so far. If you hadn't read the books it might be a little tough to follow.

Yep, it's kinda confusing since they seemed to have introduced the characters from the duology (read the first book) into the original trilogy (read the first two lol). I finished it the other day. Production value impressed me more than the story. 3.5 Wanamakers for me. Makes more than enough room for a sequel series.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,170

Post#1382 » by djFan71 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:30 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:Pilot was good. Might need to change my name to zoyathesqualler.

I'm 2 episodes in, pretty solid. I give it 4 of 5 Wanamakers so far. Seems like they're just Game of Thronesing it and making up their own Kaz story line, but it's working so far. If you hadn't read the books it might be a little tough to follow.

Yep, it's kinda confusing since they seemed to have introduced the characters from the duology (read the first book) into the original trilogy (read the first two lol). I finished it the other day. Production value impressed me more than the story. 3.5 Wanamakers for me. Makes more than enough room for a sequel series.

I believe on the Wanamaker scale, 3.5 is the best possible, most solid rating. 4 gets you a raised eyebrow from Brad.
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

out of the park OT: You guys watch that Q doc on HBO? 

Post#1383 » by Ernest » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:31 pm

Man that was nuts! Like almost Tiger King level good for a doc.

I guess I kind of knew some of this stuff, but it was really well done. I'd recommend giving it a watch.

My favorite part? When the hanycapped guy had to leave the incell forum because he had sex.

Is it cool to talk about this here?

I had a ton of questions like, if that guy took over Q, who was Q before?
Ernest
Sixth Man

Post#1384 » by Ernest » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:34 pm

I just posted about the Q doc, maybe I should hav posted it here. I don't know.Well Dj is on so I'm sure it will get sorted./
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,528

Re: out of the park OT: You guys watch that Q doc on HBO? 

Post#1385 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:15 pm

Ernest wrote:Man that was nuts! Like almost Tiger King level good for a doc.

I guess I kind of knew some of this stuff, but it was really well done. I'd recommend giving it a watch.

My favorite part? When the hanycapped guy had to leave the incell forum because he had sex.

Is it cool to talk about this here?

I had a ton of questions like, if that guy took over Q, who was Q before?

I don't know what film you're talking about, but if I get the general idea correctly, this is material for the Current Affairs forum.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,067

Post#1386 » by Ed Pinkney » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:04 am

An important question everyone must ask themselves at some stage in their lives. Do you djent?

jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#1387 » by jmr07019 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:48 pm

Started the serpent on Netflix. Only 1 episode in but pretty damn good
Show Love Spread Love
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,312

Post#1388 » by Captain_Caveman » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:00 am

I'm too old for this emo Gen Z stuff, but this kid is stupid good.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#1389 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:35 pm

Guys and gals......what strains do you enjoy smoking?

My current favorite is Blue Dream, but Gorilla Glue is nice for the end of the night.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#1390 » by Feed Your Head » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:43 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Guys and gals......what strains do you enjoy smoking?

My current favorite is Blue Dream, but Gorilla Glue is nice for the end of the night.

I just threw some BD in my decarboxylator, makes awesome edibles.

As far as smoking, I like Blue Dream, ATF, Unbiased Opinion, Purple Trainwreck. There’s more, but those are my four favorite. I still love me some Pineapple Express, Pink Cookies is good as well
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#1391 » by Captain_Caveman » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:45 am

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Guys and gals......what strains do you enjoy smoking?

I just buy a couple of cartridges for my vape pen battery based on whatever the budtender tells me. I rarely go to the same dispensary twice, and they never have the same strains anyway. I just tell them I want some hybrids, with one on the high-THC indica side and one on the sativa side. For specific strains? Alien OG was a good one. I liked Girl Scout Cookies. The ones with fruit in their name have been some solid sativa-dominant strains, and are more a go-to for me. I don't enjoy the indica "in the couch" thing. Just want to chill and still be able to function. TMI, but I only love the indica for having sex. You can go some places lol.
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#1392 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:53 pm

Them on Amazon, extremely disturbing historical fiction with some spooky horror undertones. Set in 1950s compton during the white flight.

Also you guys need to smoke some more modern strains. There's so many new ones out there.
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM

Post#1393 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:56 pm

LarryBirdsFingr wrote:Them on Amazon, extremely disturbing historical fiction with some spooky horror undertones. Set in 1950s compton during the white flight.

Also you guys need to smoke some more modern strains. There's so many new ones out there.

Speaking of new - You try any of the THC beverages yet? I wanted to, but then I looked at the THC content. Not sure how many I’d need to drink in order to get high. Lol
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#1394 » by Feed Your Head » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:57 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:Them on Amazon, extremely disturbing historical fiction with some spooky horror undertones. Set in 1950s compton during the white flight.

Speaking of new - You try any of the THC beverages yet? I wanted to, but then I looked at the THC content. Not sure how many I’d need to drink in order to get high. Lol

They hit you quicker than edibles, and it takes much less THC to do so.

I enjoy them, but it’s more mental high than body high.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM

Post#1395 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:09 pm

The Comedian wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:

They hit you quicker than edibles, and it takes much less THC to do so.

I enjoy them, but it’s more mental high than body high.

Sounds good. I’m not about that body high life anymore. Last time I felt body-stoned, it was after taking 3 consecutive hits from 3 different bongs of various sizes. I could hear everything going on around me, but I couldn’t move at all. Felt like I was in a coma. Just a weird feeling to still be conscious but not able to move or respond. My friends were cracking jokes and I wanted to laugh, but I was literally on the couch sprawled out. Took about 2 hours before I could even open my eyes, but again, I was awake that whole time. This is also why I try to stay away from bongs.

I’ll buy a few cans of those drinks this weekend. Friend’s grandmother passed away so I figure I’m going to need something to pick me up after I attend the wake.
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#1396 » by jmr07019 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:11 pm

Show Love Spread Love
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#1397 » by Captain_Caveman » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:47 pm

I probably do. Don’t even know their names anymore lol.
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,067

Post#1398 » by Ed Pinkney » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:40 am

I was never a weed smoker/eater/drinker, but I sure do love a good weed song! What are some of your favourites?

Ernest
Sixth Man

Post#1399 » by Ernest » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:29 pm

What's the deal with locking the Duke thread? I get that the motivation behind it probably was as a joke because of his name, but there wasn't anything racist or offensive in the thread. And it was about a basketball player and this is a basketball forum. So anyone with the same name as anyone bad can't be talked about? It's not like this place is buzzing with chatter at the moment.

People are getting way to sensitive these last few years.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 8,950

Post#1400 » by Bad-Thoma » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:37 pm

Ernest wrote:What's the deal with locking the Duke thread? I get that the motivation behind it probably was as a joke because of his name, but there wasn't anything racist or offensive in the thread. And it was about a basketball player and this is a basketball forum. So anyone with the same name as anyone bad can't be talked about? It's not like this place is buzzing with chatter at the moment.

People are getting way to sensitive these last few years.

There's more context than that with CHL's odd humor and posting history and the way some people have reacted to it in the past, I don't blame the mods at all.

Return to Boston Celtics