Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 3.0

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Re: Thoughts in General, Rumors, etc 3.0 

Post#261 » by bondom34 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:41 pm

Read on Twitter
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#262 » by loserX » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:49 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I feel confused. There's 6 hours of free agency and *then* the moratorium starts? I'm obviously tired so I'm missing something.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,025

Post#263 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:57 pm

loserX wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I feel confused. There's 6 hours of free agency and *then* the moratorium starts? I'm obviously tired so I'm missing something.

Tampering period starts before the moratorium, and signings can start after the moratorium ends. It reads weird, but it’s generally the same. The moratorium also has other transaction lockup’s, not just free agency.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,546

Post#264 » by NYG » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:29 am

I have a random question...

The postponed Covid games... when are the going to be played or are they just skipped over?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,025

Post#265 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:40 am

NYG wrote:I have a random question...

The postponed Covid games... when are the going to be played or are they just skipped over?

They’re being made up as we go. Indy made up two postponed Covid games in the last week.
loserX

Post#266 » by loserX » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:25 pm

Austin Rivers to Denver on a 10-day.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,333

Post#267 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:22 am

Remember when Blake Griffin, LMA and Andre Drummond getting a buyout wrecked the league?

Yeah me either.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,966

Post#268 » by cl2117 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:40 am

Texas Chuck wrote:Remember when Blake Griffin, LMA and Andre Drummond getting a buyout wrecked the league?

Yeah me either.

Blake's averaging 9/5 on 60% TS.

LMA played only 5 games because of heart condition, but was averaging 13/5 on 60% TS.

Drummond has been an unmitigated disaster and is still a free double double 11/10.

Still way better production than the normal scrubs available

*Same goes for what C's have gotten outta Jabari Parker to a lesser extent.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#269 » by Devilanche » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:44 am

cl2117 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Remember when Blake Griffin, LMA and Andre Drummond getting a buyout wrecked the league?

Yeah me either.

Blake's averaging 9/5 on 60% TS.

LMA played only 5 games because of heart condition, but was averaging 13/5 on 60% TS.

Drummond has been an unmitigated disaster and is still a free double double 11/10.

Still way better production than the normal scrubs available

*Same goes for what C's have gotten outta Jabari Parker to a lesser extent.

Yeap, at their price , any production is a win .

The either displace less useful player out of the rotation or they soak up minutes that maybe would keep some better rotational players fresher for the playoff.

Don’t think anyone of them will be the reason their team win a playoff game though.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
loserX

Post#270 » by loserX » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:10 pm

Couple of uates, people may already know:

- Clippers sign Boogie Cousins until the end of the season
- Kings sign Damian Jones to a multi-year deal, waive Chris Silva
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,930

Post#271 » by Mamba4Goat » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:15 pm

It’s been a minute since I’ve thrown a vague outline of a trade out on here so I may be rusty but...how far off is something around a Winslow+Tillman for Bagley type of trade? Minor salary filler/balancing may be me needed. (This counts as a general thought right?)
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,972

Post#272 » by VCfor3 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:40 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:It’s been a minute since I’ve thrown a vague outline of a trade out on here so I may be rusty but...how far off is something around a Winslow+Tillman for Bagley type of trade? Minor salary filler/balancing may be me needed. (This counts as a general thought right?)

Honestly it seems fair to me. Tillman has been very good this year and has outplayed Bagley, but Bagley without question has the higher ceiling so could be worth the gamble for Memphis. Tillman would be cost controlled and lack Bagley's injury history while being the same age so could entice SAC if they don't think they can retain Holmes at a reasonable price. Winslow would be an expiring deal and would let the Kings take a look at a young guy who, if healthy, can maybe be a quality rotation piece. Winslow is still looking rusty offensively (or could just be bad lol), but he has had some good defensive games for us so may be worth a look for the Kings. Could easily see both teams saying no though SAC is probably more likely to say no since they'd be giving up on their #2 pick, but the value feels mostly ok.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,333

Post#273 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:48 am

If I'm Memphis I'd just decline Winslow and keep Tillman and have more financial flexibility. I don't have either Winslow or Bagley worth their salary to Memphis.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#274 » by kalenclayton » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:57 pm

The Kings signed Chimezie Metu to a multi-year deal and the Raptors signed Freddie Gillespie to a two-year deal.

I like both signings. I’m genuinely curious why the Spurs let Metu go. Was he just not getting it over there? He’s really starting to show he belongs in the NBA.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,232

Post#275 » by blind prophet » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:06 pm

kalenclayton wrote:The Kings signed Chimezie Metu to a multi-year deal and the Raptors signed Freddie Gillespie to a two-year deal.

I like both signings. I’m genuinely curious why the Spurs let Metu go. Was he just not getting it over there? He’s really starting to show he belongs in the NBA.

Meh on Metu. But 2 years of non guarantee?

Why not?
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#276 » by kalenclayton » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:07 pm

blind prophet wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:The Kings signed Chimezie Metu to a multi-year deal and the Raptors signed Freddie Gillespie to a two-year deal.

Meh on Metu. But 2 years of non guarantee?

Why not?

I think he has a skill set with a trajectory that should make him a comfortable 10th man on a lot of teams. He just has to iron out a few kinks. I’ve liked what I’ve seen from him. I’ve seen too many people on social media hyping him up past 10th man status and I think it speaks to just how bad the Kings bench has been all year.
NYG
RealGM

Post#277 » by NYG » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:51 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:If I'm Memphis I'd just decline Winslow and keep Tillman and have more financial flexibility. I don't have either Winslow or Bagley worth their salary to Memphis.

One thing I wonder... what is Justise Winslow's 2021-22 salary if the Grizzlies let him go?
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,790

Post#278 » by psman2 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:02 am

NYG wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:If I'm Memphis I'd just decline Winslow and keep Tillman and have more financial flexibility. I don't have either Winslow or Bagley worth their salary to Memphis.

One thing I wonder... what is Justise Winslow's 2021-22 salary if the Grizzlies let him go?

0 from Grizz. However I could see a scenario where we decline the option but give him a 2/20 deal. Lowers his salary next year but locks in another year of guaranteed money, this would free up 3m for Memphis and gives us a longer look at him if the front office still believes in him.

I think he could get anything from the TMLE to the MLE still on the open market. He may rather take a one year deal somewhere if he still believes in himself to gamble on a bigger pay day down the road.
NYG
RealGM

Post#279 » by NYG » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:08 am

psman2 wrote:
NYG wrote:

0 from Grizz. However I could see a scenario where we decline the option but give him a 2/20 deal. Lowers his salary next year but locks in another year of guaranteed money, this would free up 3m for Memphis and gives us a longer look at him if the front office still believes in him.

I think he could get anything from the TMLE to the MLE still on the open market. He may rather take a one year deal somewhere if he still believes in himself to gamble on a bigger pay day down the road.

Yeah like a Tax MLE with Golden State to boost his value for a season.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#280 » by bondom34 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:22 pm

Read on Twitter

Huh.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO

Return to Trades and Transactions