Moderator: ijspeelman

JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,351

Re: Game 61 : Cleveland Cavaliers (21-39) @ Toronto Raptors (25-35) - 7:30PM 

Post#21 » by JonFromVA » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:35 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:of course not, but when you act like that...its not the same as fire and emotion because you want to win, it looks like the exact opposite and screams give me a damn buyout already

He was frustrated because literally seconds after getting pushed in the back, sent to the floor, and scrapping his knee, it happened again, the official was right there, and swallowed the whistle. Draymond Green has made a career out of going off when stuff like that happens, the Morris brothers lose their temper on the regular, and Marcus Smart is also one to go off. Let's not be like fans of other teams and blow this out of proportion.

Love's coming off an injury that caused him to miss most of the season, the Cavs have been getting fouled on the boards since Drummond was sat down, and some of this **** is actually dangerous. Allen has been visibly frustrated on the court as well. It's too late this season because the officials aren't going to give the Cavs the benefit of the doubt when they're tanking (although protecting players is arguably the most important aspect of the officials job and really shouldn't be dependent upon that). In any event, the Cavs need an answer to this next season. We've had more guys on the damn concussion protocol miss more games than any team in the NBA, this wasn't happening when Drummond was playing, and we're becoming known as the team you can junk it up against without consequence.

I want to agree with you and he might have had justification to be angry but not to act out like a child. If anything he could have got fined for criticizing the refs post game after he lead the team to a come back win. He cant do that though in his current state and so he resides to frustration and what appears as nothing more than a man who has lost interest in playing in the NBA not just in CLE.

Sarcasm, right?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Re: Game 61 : Cleveland Cavaliers (21-39) @ Toronto Raptors (25-35) - 7:30PM 

Post#22 » by jbk1234 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:49 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:of course not, but when you act like that...its not the same as fire and emotion because you want to win, it looks like the exact opposite and screams give me a damn buyout already

He was frustrated because literally seconds after getting pushed in the back, sent to the floor, and scrapping his knee, it happened again, the official was right there, and swallowed the whistle. Draymond Green has made a career out of going off when stuff like that happens, the Morris brothers lose their temper on the regular, and Marcus Smart is also one to go off. Let's not be like fans of other teams and blow this out of proportion.

Love's coming off an injury that caused him to miss most of the season, the Cavs have been getting fouled on the boards since Drummond was sat down, and some of this **** is actually dangerous. Allen has been visibly frustrated on the court as well. It's too late this season because the officials aren't going to give the Cavs the benefit of the doubt when they're tanking (although protecting players is arguably the most important aspect of the officials job and really shouldn't be dependent upon that). In any event, the Cavs need an answer to this next season. We've had more guys on the damn concussion protocol miss more games than any team in the NBA, this wasn't happening when Drummond was playing, and we're becoming known as the team you can junk it up against without consequence.

I want to agree with you and he might have had justification to be angry but not to act out like a child. If anything he could have got fined for criticizing the refs post game after he lead the team to a come back win. He cant do that though in his current state and so he resides to frustration and what appears as nothing more than a man who has lost interest in playing in the NBA not just in CLE.
I think he does still want to play, his body hasn't cooperated, and that's what's frustrating. But whatever happens with Love going forward, I'm getting worried that the Cavs are getting a reputation as a team that you can get overly physical with and get away with it. We're about to pay Allen this summer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers