ImageImageImage

AOS: Who cares what the score was? They lost to the Thunder. (32-30)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,139

Re: AOS: Who cares what the score was? They lost to the Thunder. (32-30) 

Post#81 » by Hal14 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:48 am

Green89 wrote:Why did Parker barely play? Did he ask for a takeback on his contract?

Both him and Ojeleye, neither really did anything in the 1st quarter when they got mins to Brad sat them both the rest of the game.

Too bad he didn't also sit Grant..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
batabatuta
Pro Prospect
And1: 755

Post#82 » by batabatuta » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:54 am

This could've been PP's time for a VC but he was robbed with this AOS game!
Gomes3PC
General Manager
And1: 3,752

Post#83 » by Gomes3PC » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:54 am

GotDaSauce wrote:
Gomes3PC wrote:The AoS is on Ainge, for squandering all our picks of late and failing to build a roster deeper than 7 guys.

I'm scared that even if Ainge got Brad 7 All Stars Brad would insist on playing our 11th, 12th and 13th players 10 minutes each a game! :banghead:

Brad's not out there shooting 3-28. This roster does not have requisite NBA talent after

Jaylen
Jayson
Robert
Kemba
Marcus
Evan
Tristan
Payton

Legit, nobodies after that. Not limited pieces. Guys who do not belong. We saw that tonight, when those role players were badly exposed
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#84 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:55 am

Green89 wrote:
Kalela wrote:This is a fire-able loss. Brad should count himself lucky that he doesn't work for some organizations.

Allowing Marcus to shoot 17 times is instant termination in my mind. Unacceptable. Half his shots go to Pritchard and we win.

Coaching.....
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Wes-J
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,769

Post#85 » by Wes-J » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:59 am

Yeah I'm done wasting my time with this mess.

What are you gonna do Wyc??
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#86 » by Feed Your Head » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:01 am

We all know they’re going to come out and look great tomorrow, then suck again a few days later.
GotDaSauce
RealGM
And1: 9,681

Post#87 » by GotDaSauce » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:14 am

Gomes3PC wrote:
GotDaSauce wrote:
Gomes3PC wrote:The AoS is on Ainge, for squandering all our picks of late and failing to build a roster deeper than 7 guys.

I'm scared that even if Ainge got Brad 7 All Stars Brad would insist on playing our 11th, 12th and 13th players 10 minutes each a game! :banghead:

Brad's not out there shooting 3-28. This roster does not have requisite NBA talent after

Jaylen
Jayson
Robert
Kemba
Marcus
Evan
Tristan
Payton

Legit, nobodies after that. Not limited pieces. Guys who do not belong. We saw that tonight, when those role players were badly exposed

I agree but doesn't stop Brad from trying to play everyone including the ball boys whenever possible!
GreenBloodedC
RealGM
And1: 14,436

Post#88 » by GreenBloodedC » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:14 am

Was Jabari that bad to only play 4 mins?
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,671

Post#89 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:39 am

exculpatory wrote:
31to6 wrote:Semi Ojeleye is amazingly useless.
Grant Williams could’ve been that Bazeley kid, who is actually (shocking, I know) AN ATHLETE with PROPORTIONS TO BE A PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL PLAYER.

Pritchard was great, and Jaylen mostly didn’t try to do too much, while having to do too much tonight.

On to the next big old L

Two very important accomplishments today:
1. I achieved my very first Wall of Shame - the Injury Thread
2. I out-shamed you by 4 posts.

Shame, shame, shame ... shame
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,366

Post#90 » by tlee324 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:41 am

Payton is nice... Jaylen is a WEAPON.

Crap game from Smart.
jumblin
Rookie
And1: 1,088

Post#91 » by jumblin » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:45 am

Gomes3PC wrote:
GotDaSauce wrote:

Jaylen
Jayson
Robert
Kemba
Marcus
Evan
Tristan
Payton

I would add Romeo to that list. Which would give us 9 NBA caliber players, more than enough to have a good rotation. The problem is that Brad thinks Grant is Robert Horry and Semi is Bruce Bowen. Put those guys next to Tremont and Carsen on the bench and the team is instantly better.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#92 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:47 am

Gomes3PC wrote:
GotDaSauce wrote:

Jaylen
Jayson
Robert
Kemba
Marcus
Evan
Tristan
Payton

I'd say "skill" rather than talent. There are a few guys who should surprise nobody if they still develop, including:
-- Clangford
-- Nesmith
-- Kornet
-- Parker
moonie_mcgee
Starter
And1: 1,794

Post#93 » by moonie_mcgee » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:48 am

I'll be reading your takes in the morning over coffee. We're in big trouble. We all saw a lot of serious sad sack losses this year, but this one was a flat out nut punch. It's NOT a lack of talent. Our guys can play. We've all seen it. Hell even Edwards and Waters can win you a game. Tonight's game would've been hilariously bad if we didn't care so much. I'm sick of it. :nonono:
That's the Way of the World
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 10,938

Post#94 » by Fierce1 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:54 am

I just don't believe the Celts will get to the finals with Marcus Smart.

He's just too unreliable.

It's looking like Celtic fans must a few more seasons before the Celts will be in a position to win a championship.

They will always be in the hunt every season, but the low basketball IQ has to stop for them to get to the next level.

Celts are not playing the right way and the #1 culprit is the heart and soul, Marcus Smart.

The leader has to lead by example.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#95 » by Feed Your Head » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:58 am

Fierce1 wrote:I just don't believe the Celts will get to the finals with Marcus Smart.

He's just too unreliable.

It's looking like Celtic fans must a few more seasons before the Celts will be in a position to win a championship.

They will always be in the hunt every season, but the low basketball IQ has to stop for them to get to the next level.

Celts are not playing the right way and the #1 culprit is the heart and soul, Marcus Smart.

The leader has to lead by example.

return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#96 » by return2glory » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:07 am

Brown and Pritchard tried to keep us in the game.

Smart and Fournier right their best to make sure we lost.

TT is such a bad NBA player. I wish he was playing for another team next year. Good thing is he got in foul trouble and Kornet got to play and was solid.

Fournier is struggling since coming back from covid. Almost everything he has shot has been short.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#97 » by return2glory » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:26 am

I feel like this team is going to get it together in the last 2 weeks of the season.

It all will depend on all our top 7 players playing together and staying healthy. That will be our only chance to make a play run like last season.

Seems like up until this point we have had at least 2 of our top 7 players out every game. And during those games, we have had another 1 to 2 going rusty due to coming back from injury or illness.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#98 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:46 am

return2glory wrote:I feel like this team is going to get it together in the last 2 weeks of the season.

It all will depend on all our top 7 players playing together and staying healthy. That will be our only chance to make a play run like last season.

Seems like up until this point we have had at least 2 of our top 7 players out every game. And during those games, we have had another 1 to 2 going rusty due to coming back from injury or illness.

That's surely what Brad has decided to gamble on. Rest them in some games; don't push them in practice; just get their bodies in the best possible shape and hope the mental part follows almost immediately.

That said -- Brad needs to tell and convince these guys that it's better to make an aggressive challenge and risk getting beaten badly than it is to hang back and do nothing at all.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,109

Post#99 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:59 am

This team is an embarrassing pile of ****.

Brad Stevens can go suck his mom. Every game that this **** **** starts Semi Ojeleye is basically an automatic L because the guy is simply one of the worst basketball players to ever step foot in an NBA game.

**** everything. I hope they miss the playoffs. Team simply doesn't have any toughness or any pride. You wtach a bunch of nobodies light fire to the nets and guys like Smart and Fournier can't make a damn open shot. **** sickening.

They also absolutely disrespect the game. Effort wise they bring it when they want to bring it, they keep resting guys for no reason..

Hate this team so much it's not even funny.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
robdog_5
Veteran
And1: 2,155

Post#100 » by robdog_5 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:08 am

Sigh. Another game I didnt watch. Another game I feel good about not watching

Return to Boston Celtics