ImageImageImage

AOS: Who cares what the score was? They lost to the Thunder. (32-30)

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,170

Re: AOS: Who cares what the score was? They lost to the Thunder. (32-30) 

Post#101 » by djFan71 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:34 am

Most disappointing of all is that OKC scored 41 points in the 4th quarter of a game we had a chance to win. 41 points! A couple ridiculous 3s you tip your hat at, but mostly parades into the paint or wide open looks off 2-3 pass we couldn't keep up with.
keevsnick1
Veteran
And1: 4,069

Post#102 » by keevsnick1 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:08 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
keevsnick1 wrote:Taking away that last heave Brown/Pritchard 8/20 from three. Which means everyone else was 3-28. Smart and Fournier picked a really bad game to go 3-19. the non Jaylen starters were 10-38 from the field for 29 points. That is impossibly bad.

Honestly the fact that Jaylen scored 39 while primarily covered by Dort is extremely impressive. But there are no other good defenders on this OKC team.

The ways in which the c's suck are numerous. They are probably gonna be somewhere 6-8 in the standings so they will be underdogs in round 1, if they make it.

Starting to think you are low key jaylens agent

Ya if thats what you're taking away from this post I think you're missing my point, which is that we somehow won the one actually advantageous defensive matchup OKC had on the c's and yet we sucked so much in every other facet of the game it didn't matter. I mean if somebody told me Jaylen and Pritchard combined for 67 points on great efficiency before tonights game I would have assumed we won by 20.

Its kind of impressive that the c's can just continually find a new way to lose. Some nights they shoot terribly from three. Some nights its the defense. Some nights its turnovers. Some nights its clutch play. Some nights its a gigantic free throw disparity. Tonight it was 3 point shooting and just general lack of defensive resistance.
CelticsLV
Head Coach
And1: 6,662

Post#103 » by CelticsLV » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:33 am

1st banana
Starter
And1: 3,002

Post#104 » by 1st banana » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:40 am

I’m sorry hold the **** on the thunder had 27 TOs and we had 16 stls and we lost the **** game?!

We must’ve legit been actively trying to lose in sure someone mentioned this already but I didn’t watch the game yet just saw that in the box and became sick to my stomach.
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,689

Post#105 » by ParticleMan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:12 am

what a fail. game, season, year, everything.

the team has taken on the demeanor of the coach -- just keep calmly doing the same thing, no matter what the opponent is doing, no matter the time or situation, no matter how it's going. ordinarily it's nice for a young team to have an even keel but this is too even. they don't turn it up in crucial situations. they don't match the intensity of other teams. they keep doing things that aren't working just because it's the "right" thing to do. this is basketball, not robots. play with some fire, some passion. take pride in stopping the other guy when you're getting lit up. change things up with what you're doing isn't working. don't just play "your game" and shrug when it isn't enough. do something to proactively win the **** game for a change.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,886

Post#106 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:00 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:Smart and Fournier combined for 8-31 shooting, including 3-19 from 3.

They did have 5 steals each.

I got Smart with the AOS, our "smartest player" yet again misses 13 shots. :lol: :lol:
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM

Post#107 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:01 am

Green89 wrote:
Kalela wrote:This is a fire-able loss. Brad should count himself lucky that he doesn't work for some organizations.

Allowing Marcus to shoot 17 times is instant termination in my mind. Unacceptable. Half his shots go to Pritchard and we win.

Such great games for Brown and Pritchard went to waste.
Solid showing for Kornett.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM

Post#108 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:06 am

We're done, nobody will hold Smart accountable, Fournier I kinda give him a pass cause he's only played like 5-6 games for us with 2 weeks pause.

I would literally give Smart 15+ shots a game to get that top 10 pick if possible and skip the playoffs. I think he'd gladly take it and maybe even blame his teammates for missing shots after the game(or during the game)

Grant Williams is not an NBA player.
Smart needs a new team that will keep him on a leash, Brad is too PC.
Semi needs to be cut already.
Good assessment:

FlatearthZorro
RealGM

Post#109 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:10 am

Celts17Pride wrote:Celtics collectively have no heart, passion, pride or interest in moving deep into the playoffs. This team simply has no interest.

OKC who lost 17 of 18 games scored 41 points in the 4th quarter in Boston to win the game.

Celtics have no pride.

They look disinterested, **** the pride, it's not even a pride thing, they are tuned out.

I really wanted that pick. I do believe it would've helped immensely with trades or even drafting a top 10 player in a stacked draft. Instead, we gonna enjoy us getting pawnded by the Bucks or BKN in the first round(I give us a slight chance vs 76ers cause it's been always close with them and we've beaten them 2 times in the playoffs the past 3 years, our games with them were close even with all their players healthy). :lol: :lol:
Good assessment:

CSL_1904
Veteran
And1: 3,479

Post#110 » by CSL_1904 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:14 am

I give up on this team.

Love Brad but I'm afraid he has to go at the end of the season. This is just unacceptable at this point.
Ticket
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,401

Post#111 » by Ticket » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:46 am

Love how this team keeps underperforming so we have low expectations for the playoffs when they will turn things around and beat the Nets in 7
One day Leon Powe and I were cracking up on Eddie House’s tattoo.…[Garnett] was like, ‘C’mon, Scal, it’s time to rock! What the ‘F’ are you doing?’ And I was like, ‘You know what? You’re right. It is time to rock.’ – Brian Scalabrine
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,314

Post#112 » by Red2 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:52 am

Given timelord’s injury history, trading Theis was a huge risk. At this point im back to going for a lottery pick. This year has been a disaster and why not at leadt get a higher draft pick .
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#113 » by cloverleaf » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:02 am

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:Does anybody truly want this team making the playoffs at this point?

It would take a bit for them to completely fall out of the play-in at this point, but a one-and-done from the 9 or 10 spot might at least give their "stars" a humbling they could well use--and next year's coach a slightly higher draft pick talent.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#114 » by cloverleaf » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:03 am

Ticket wrote:Love how this team keeps underperforming so we have low expectations for the playoffs when they will turn things around and beat the Nets in 7

Sure.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#115 » by cloverleaf » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:04 am

Red2 wrote:Given timelord’s injury history, trading Theis was a huge risk. At this point im back to going for a lottery pick. This year has been a disaster and why not at leadt get a higher draft pick .

They were probably tired of hearing about all the talent that walked from the team without their getting any compensation at all. Even if she's not that much of a girlfriend, it may feel better to break up with her before she dumps you.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#116 » by cloverleaf » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:07 am

FlatearthZorro wrote:We're done, nobody will hold Smart accountable, Fournier I kinda give him a pass cause he's only played like 5-6 games for us with 2 weeks pause.

I would literally give Smart 15+ shots a game to get that top 10 pick if possible and skip the playoffs. I think he'd gladly take it and maybe even blame his teammates for missing shots after the game(or during the game)

It was just brutal to watch Smart out there, playing like one of the Jays by simply holding the ball and going for his own shot without a glance at a teammate--over and over and over again.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#117 » by cloverleaf » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:45 am

CelticsLV wrote:Image

Who's that? The Big O after Johnny got done with him one night?
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#118 » by cloverleaf » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:49 am

FlatearthZorro wrote:We're done, nobody will hold Smart accountable, Fournier I kinda give him a pass cause he's only played like 5-6 games for us with 2 weeks pause.

Agree, re: Smart and Stevens. I don't want to them together with the C's after this month.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,966

Post#119 » by cl2117 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:01 pm

Think we coulda pulled this one out if Smart took more shots.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,573

Post#120 » by Celts17Pride » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:03 pm

CSL_1904 wrote:I give up on this team.

Love Brad but I'm afraid he has to go at the end of the season. This is just unacceptable at this point.

Brad Stevens has 6 years left on his deal after this year. Stevens is going nowhere

Return to Boston Celtics