ImageImageImage

AOS: Who cares what the score was? They lost to the Thunder. (32-30)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

moonie_mcgee
Starter
And1: 1,794

Re: AOS: Who cares what the score was? They lost to the Thunder. (32-30) 

Post#141 » by moonie_mcgee » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:08 pm

The excuses here are precious.
I particularly like the ones re our youth and inexperience. The Ainge is at fault are good too.

Can't we just admit the obvious, that Stevens has lost the team once AGAIN. You can't play well, and beat some good teams, then lay rotten eggs and blame the GM. That makes no sense.
That's the Way of the World
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,281

Post#142 » by chrisab123 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:51 pm

Homerclease wrote:You can’t win games when Semi, Grant and Romeo are in your rotation together. Three completely useless players

100% agree. But then again when Danny enables Brad to play his friggin binkys every night it kills this team. Smart usually gets a pass on this board but this year he's been pretty brutal. At this point there's no reason to give him more tread shooting the ball than Fournier.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,734

Post#143 » by BK_2020 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:52 pm

chrisab123 wrote:
Homerclease wrote:You can’t win games when Semi, Grant and Romeo are in your rotation together. Three completely useless players

100% agree. But then again when Danny enables Brad to play his friggin binkys every night it kills this team.

Which one of Carlsen Edwards, Tacko Fall, and Tremont Waters should've played instead of Brad's "binkies" last night, if you don't mind sharing your opinion?
chrisab123
RealGM

Post#144 » by chrisab123 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:01 pm

BK_2020 wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:

100% agree. But then again when Danny enables Brad to play his friggin binkys every night it kills this team.

Which one of Carlsen Edwards, Tacko Fall, and Tremont Waters should've played instead of Brad's "binkies" last night, if you don't mind sharing your opinion?

And thats the issue...

you named 3 other players who are completely useless. So you have Semi Grant Romeo Edwards Fall and Waters who are all 100% useless so it really doesn't matter which one of the 6 you play. That would be an indictment on Danny and Brad. So if you want to actually win games you're forced to have a very short rotation. Basically the only worthy rotation players on this team are Fournier, Tatum, Brown, Parker, RW3, Prichard, TT, and Smart. I mean thats 8 right there...

It says a lot about this team that they signed someone off the street and he's already better than guys who have been with the team the entire season. This is a team that was supposed to "contend" this season for the East and half the roster is G League level talent or worse.

How many minutes did Parker get last night? Like 5 or 6? The answer to your question is play Parker over those scrubs. There's no reason that any of those 6 guys should get minutes over him. At least the guy they just signed is a legitimate NBA talent.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,221

Post#145 » by djFan71 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:07 pm

Theis would've helped...
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,211

Post#146 » by bisme37 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:17 pm

We need wins in the worst way so of course I was disappointed in the loss, but I don't think I'm as angry about it as most of you guys because I didn't have a good feeling about this one in the first place and kinda thought we'd lose.

We prob still had more talent on the floor that the Thunder, but the thing is, that's their normal crappy team and they are used playing with a lack of talent. They still find a way to put points on the board every night even with players no one has ever heard of.

But for us, without Tatum and Kemba and Rob, that just isn't something we're prepared for. We don't practice without those guys and we don't gameplay without those guys. We've certainly had a ton of injuries, but it's been different guys in and out every night. So it just puts everyone else into no man's land and they're making it up as they go along. So I'm not surprised the Thunder looked and played much more like a team. That's their team.

I was more upset about the Charlotte loss a couple days ago.
chrisab123
RealGM

Post#147 » by chrisab123 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:23 pm

bisme37 wrote:We need wins in the worst way so of course I was disappointed in the loss, but I don't think I'm as angry about it as most of you guys because I didn't have a good feeling about this one in the first place and kinda thought we'd lose.

We prob still had more talent on the floor that the Thunder, but the thing is, that's their normal crappy team and they are used playing with a lack of talent. They still find a way to put points on the board every night even with players no one has ever heard of.

But for us, without Tatum and Kemba and Rob, that just isn't something we're prepared for. We don't practice without those guys and we don't gameplay without those guys. We've certainly had a ton of injuries, but it's been different guys in and out every night. So it just puts everyone else into no mans land and they're making it up as they go along. So I'm not surprised the Thunder looked and played much more like a team. That's their team.

The Thunder are one of the worst teams in the league. They should have been able to put them away pretty quick and been up by 20 when they put the Gino Time squad into the game in the 4th.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,211

Post#148 » by bisme37 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:24 pm

chrisab123 wrote:
bisme37 wrote:We need wins in the worst way so of course I was disappointed in the loss, but I don't think I'm as angry about it as most of you guys because I didn't have a good feeling about this one in the first place and kinda thought we'd lose.

But for us, without Tatum and Kemba and Rob, that just isn't something we're prepared for. We don't practice without those guys and we don't gameplay without those guys. We've certainly had a ton of injuries, but it's been different guys in and out every night. So it just puts everyone else into no mans land and they're making it up as they go along. So I'm not surprised the Thunder looked and played much more like a team. That's their team.

The Thunder are one of the worst teams in the league. They should have been able to put them away pretty quick and been up by 20 when they put the Gino Time squad into the game in the 4th.

Well, I had a different expectation that you did, is what I'm saying. Without 3 starters we are also one of the worst teams in the league. Like most teams would be missing 3 starters, I think. But not that I don't understand why people are mad. That game was super rough to watch.
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#149 » by JHTruth » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:10 pm

Meh, 99 times out of 100 if Marcus Smart is your 2nd option in a game, no matter the comp, you're probably going to lose. This is the NBA, OKC isn't very good but they have NBA players. Celtics have a miserable record when Smart shoots 12 times or more. He shot 17 last night.

That's a loss almost every time.
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#150 » by Ernest » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:26 pm

This game was brutal. I took a drink everytime someone said the word "dort"
bobbutts
Sophomore
And1: 155

Post#151 » by bobbutts » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:54 pm

We are a mediocre 3 point shooting team that put up almost 50 attempts. We seem to always have multiple guys heaving as many attempts as possible trying to shoot out of slumps.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,313

Post#152 » by Homerclease » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:56 pm

BK_2020 wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:

Personally I’d have given all their minutes to Parker and Nesmith
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#153 » by cloverleaf » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:44 pm

Homerclease wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:

Personally I’d have given all their minutes to Parker and Nesmith

All along I would have given Tacko a few minutes a game against the opponents' bench until his on/off and other numbers came down out of the stratosphere closer to the other players. Yes, he's very limited in a lot of ways, but for a few minutes so far, his net effect on the court has been very positive--and he likely would have developed more with just those few minutes here and there.
AgentGreen
Head Coach
And1: 3,469

Post#154 » by AgentGreen » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:14 pm

OKC's GM/scouting has a much better eye for talent when picking talents outside the lottery.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,621

Post#155 » by Green89 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:28 pm

Dangit wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:
CSL_1904 wrote:I give up on this team.

Love Brad but I'm afraid he has to go at the end of the season. This is just unacceptable at this point.

Brad Stevens has 6 years left on his deal after this year. Stevens is going nowhere

Especially after playing like 6 games with a healthy roster ....

Stupid reasoning. Thibs has a roster even when fully healthy is worse than ours when injury depleted. Who's better in the standings??

Stat wise, Evan Fournier would be the second best Knick if he were on that team.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#156 » by return2glory » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:29 pm

moonie_mcgee wrote:The excuses here are precious.
I particularly like the ones re our youth and inexperience. The Ainge is at fault are good too.

Can't we just admit the obvious, that Stevens has lost the team once AGAIN. You can't play well, and beat some good teams, then lay rotten eggs and blame the GM. That makes no sense.

Lol at Stevens losing the team again. He never lost it to begin with. Didn’t lose it during the recent winning streak.

Guys have been in and out of the lineup all season.
Kemba out, Smart out, Tatum out, Brown ouT, Fournier our, Rob Williams out.

We get to o guys coming back only to see guys going out.

It’s like saying Vogel from the Lakers has lost his team. They are the defending champs but their record sucks. Never mind that AD and Lebron have missed a lot of games.

This season is pretty much over. The minute we finally stop blaming Danny or Brad and player X, the better it will be.

Bottom line is Celtics have a small chance this season of making a big run in the playoffs like last season. Only way that even happens isn’t it all top 7 guys on the team are all healthy at the same time and gelling well and playing well.
Dangit
Starter
And1: 1,921

Post#157 » by Dangit » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:08 am

return2glory wrote:

Lol at Stevens losing the team again. He never lost it to begin with. Didn’t lose it during the recent winning streak.

Guys have been in and out of the lineup all season.
Kemba out, Smart out, Tatum out, Brown ouT, Fournier our, Rob Williams out.

We get to o guys coming back only to see guys going out.

It’s like saying Vogel from the Lakers has lost his team. They are the defending champs but their record sucks. Never mind that AD and Lebron have missed a lot of games.

This season is pretty much over. The minute we finally stop blaming Danny or Brad and player X, the better it will be.

Bottom line is Celtics have a small chance this season of making a big run in the playoffs like last season. Only way that even happens isn’t it all top 7 guys on the team are all healthy at the same time and gelling well and playing well.

100%
Postby YouthMovement on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:09 pm

im 19 and i can say paul pierce ruined my childhood
moonie_mcgee
Starter
And1: 1,794

Post#158 » by moonie_mcgee » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:42 am

return2glory wrote:

Ya you're probably right
That's the Way of the World
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,625

Post#159 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue May 4, 2021 11:18 am

I found an apt critique of the game.

Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".

Return to Boston Celtics