ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,788

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#681 » by Hallstar » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:16 am

Kobewade11 wrote:btw this team made the right call not giving up assets for Lowry. I wouldn't go near that guy this summer at his reported asking price, it'd be worse than the Dion/JJ deals.

Still taking him over Oladipo straight up. Which is likely gonna have to be our decision. Dude's never gonna get right.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,120

Post#682 » by twix2500 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:42 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,306

Post#683 » by Beenie » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:20 pm

Hallstar wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:btw this team made the right call not giving up assets for Lowry. I wouldn't go near that guy this summer at his reported asking price, it'd be worse than the Dion/JJ deals.

Still taking him over Oladipo straight up. Which is likely gonna have to be our decision. Dude's never gonna get right.

There's a price difference between the two players that needs to be factored in.

Lowry will reportedly cost somewhere in between 25-30m per.

Olapido is unlikely to command anything close to that number.

Personally, I value Lowry over Oladipo by a considerable margin but the cost analysis of the two players and how it would affect the team's ability to make other roster additions has to be taken into consideration.
Hallstar
Head Coach
And1: 6,788

Post#684 » by Hallstar » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:41 pm

Beenie wrote:
Hallstar wrote:

There's a price difference between the two players that needs to be factored in.

Personally, I value Lowry over Oladipo by a considerable margin but the cost analysis of the two players and how it would affect the team's ability to make other roster additions has to be taken into consideration.

We'll be over the cap either way going forward. At least I'm fairly confident Lowry will be on the floor. What we can't do is go into the offseason talking about sacrifice and paycut or some foolishness and lose everybody. Figure who you really want and go pay those persons.
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#685 » by HeatIn5 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:56 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

This is why I wanted to trade Nunn and Duncan.

Love them as players but we’re gonna get suckered into paying him
Read on Twitter
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,513

Post#686 » by AirP. » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:14 pm

Hallstar wrote:

I wouldn't say that. He was moving pretty well in Houston and Miami before the "pain" which could just be scar tissue or possibly something else, who knows at this point. Luckily Miami did acquire Oladipo and now have his medicals, have their own doctors looking at him and can be as educated as possible to decide how he'll be moving forward. We just saw a situation like this play out with Winslow and Miami had very little issues moving on from him.

Currently we don't know if there's an issue or what the hold up of him coming back may be. Miami could be playing it cautious with him right now allowing him to take as much time as he feels he needs or it could be Oladipo is just saying he's not ready/comfortable. I just know that last year Miami seemed to take it's time bringing players back from injuries, possibly Miami not holding them out but giving them extra time if they wanted it.

Not sure if it's his hopeful opinion or something he heard but Ira Winderman mentioned yesterday that everything could be sorted out after tomorrow's(today's) game with Charlotte(he said the wrong team), mentioning that Miami had 2 days off after the game and they could use those days as a mini training camp to reintegrate Oladipo back in with the team to be ready to play against Cleveland(which is the right team) but he'd possibly not play in back to backs.

The issue with resigning Oladipo is that this team needs to find more talent. Personally I think no matter Oladipo's health, his athletic ability will start dropping off in his early 30s so he's nearly as much of a short term option as Lowery is. With Lowry's game, he could be a very good PG into his late 30s because of how he plays and doesn't really lean on his athletic ability. The BBIQ and working hard on the court(much like Butler) will still be there for a few more years. There will be decline but he'll still be a very good player who you can lean on in crunch time.

Read on Twitter
twix2500
RealGM

Post#687 » by twix2500 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:36 pm

Hallstar wrote:
Beenie wrote:
Hallstar wrote:Still taking him over Oladipo straight up. Which is likely gonna have to be our decision. Dude's never gonna get right.

We'll be over the cap either way going forward. At least I'm fairly confident Lowry will be on the floor. What we can't do is go into the offseason talking about sacrifice and paycut or some foolishness and lose everybody. Figure who you really want and go pay those persons.
It doesn't matter who is the cheapest. Only matters can they play at a star level. If they can not play at a star level then it is a failure.

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,513

Post#688 » by AirP. » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:13 pm

Read on Twitter
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,378

Post#689 » by Vertical Limit » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:36 pm

I knew that last years Finals appearance would setup unrealistic expectations for this season lol... fire spo? Lol... this thread is toxic...

We made the Finals last year, riding on the backs of Spoelstra’s defense... the same defense that we rode for 4 finals appearances during the big 3.. but we dont have a player like Lebron or Wade or hell even Bosh, to count on to take over our offense in the fourth quarter. We’re not built for that.. If we had a guy like Beal, we would probably have 8 more wins right now sitting at the third seed.

Next offseason i expect Riley to turn back the clock to 2004 and offer everything and anything he can to get that third star. Thsts the Riley i know.. holding off on Lowry because Toronto asked for **** Tyler Herro is not the Riley i know..

thats like Riley telling the Lakers hey no deal for Shaq if youre asking for Caron Butler...
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,344

Post#690 » by Bishop45 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:41 pm

I understand not trading for Lowry and his contract; Lowry's not a star-- not even by a stretch of the definition of the word. Maybe we can have the convo about Cp, but not Lowry
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Vertical Limit
RealGM

Post#691 » by Vertical Limit » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:41 pm

Hell it dont even have to be Beal.. it could be a guy like Demar Derozan and id say our team is 6-8 wins better right now..
Vertical Limit
RealGM

Post#692 » by Vertical Limit » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:43 pm

Bishop45 wrote:I understand not trading for Lowry and his contract; Lowry's not a star-- not even by a stretch of the definition of the word. Maybe we can have the convo about Cp, but not Lowry

Herro isnt a star, will never be a star... his ceiling has been reached... hes not devin booker or klay... hes not even oladipo.. hes ray allen 2014 at best
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,959

Post#693 » by carnageta » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:04 pm

Vertical Limit wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:I understand not trading for Lowry and his contract; Lowry's not a star-- not even by a stretch of the definition of the word. Maybe we can have the convo about Cp, but not Lowry

Herro isnt a star, will never be a star... his ceiling has been reached... hes not devin booker or klay... hes not even oladipo.. hes ray allen 2014 at best

He’s 21..
twix2500
RealGM

Post#694 » by twix2500 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:13 pm

I agree to a certain extent. I believe Lowry cant be the star he was that was a player who can give star like performances or most nights. However I think he can have many nights where he does play like a star which is what is needed as a third tier star player ala Bosh with the Big 3. In order for it to work, Bam needs to lift his game to 22 pts average along with Butler. Lowry being a high 18 low 19 pt player, similar to Dragic in the playoffs. I think there is a chance that can be squeezed out of Lowry.

Also, I believe Lowry will lift Tyler Herros game. Which can contribute as a third tier star. Ofcourse Herro will have to put in work this offseason. If he does I would highly consider giving him a chance to compete as a starter vs Robinson. I think Lowry being a true point guard allows Herro to be a good fit as a starter over Robinson.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#695 » by twix2500 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:22 pm

I know the room hates when I mention him. I would still take a look at Kevin Love.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,894

Post#696 » by eddieheatfan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:49 pm

twix2500 wrote:I know the room hates when I mention him. I would still take a look at Kevin Love.
why not!
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,632

Post#697 » by Kobewade11 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:50 pm

twix2500 wrote:I know the room hates when I mention him. I would still take a look at Kevin Love.

oh hell no
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,344

Post#698 » by Bishop45 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:55 pm

Vertical Limit wrote:

I'm not the biggest Herro advocate out there and I would not go that far. If Lowry can be an All Star then Herro definitely can be one.

This isn't about Herro tho', it's about Lowry and his contract, which will age like milk.

I'm willing to trade Herro for a star, I'd do it for Lowry Straight up, but his contract is ugly
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
Beenie
Assistant Coach

Post#699 » by Beenie » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:11 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Hallstar wrote:
Beenie wrote:

It doesn't matter who is the cheapest. Only matters can they play at a star level. If they can not play at a star level then it is a failure.

Costs absolutely matters.

Lowry will potentially command a contract that would put him in the neighborhood of a top 20 highest per year salary which is fine if he’s at or near top in 20 production. The fear is at his age that he won’t be able to give that production night in and night out moving forward which the team cannot afford; they're simply not good enough to be able to endure paying a big contract to someone who can’t produce big results consistently.

Considering that Mia also has other holes to fill and their owner who certainly isn’t frugal but has exercised spending prudence in past years, it’s not as a given that the team will sign Lowry, resign Duncan, and somehow fill their other gaps including PF if it means going into the luxury tax.
Beenie
Assistant Coach

Post#700 » by Beenie » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:15 pm

As a buy out candidate next year mid season, yeah, I’d be all in.

Return to Miami Heat