ImageImageImageImage

Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Re: Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#1141 » by Skin » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:44 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:If any other younger player not named Dwayne Bacon is now averaging what Bacon is averaging , this place would have several " future allstar" comments attached to his name.

I think there is more nuance to it than that. What was exciting about Chuma is he wasn't just a black hole with a hero ball-playing style on offense like bacon. He was scoring within the offense and was playmaking and defending at a high level. I personally don't get caught up whatsoever in ppg totals.

Bamba scored 15 plus points two games in a row and I didn't bat an eye because of his horrific play on the other end of the court. Cole falls under that category for me as well.

I look for impact with young players. That's why I loved Isaac. That's why Chuma has really grown on me && that's what I'll be looking for with our lotto picks next season. I've always held that position with young players. When people were bitching about us not drafting DSJ/Markannen because of their ppg totals I always firmly stood my ground and said Isaac was the better pick.

Which even despite the injuries he still is. PPG is meaningless without context.

In hindsight, Adebayo and Mitchell were ones we missed with that draft...

With the way Adebayo's career started, you would've bashed his existence in life.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,140

Re: Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#1142 » by OrlChamps2030 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:47 pm

KillMonger wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
KillMonger wrote:I agree I think he can be more than that as well. We just haven’t seen it yet, I mean it’s kinda like that dude that made the thread about Chuma.....he jumped the gun, the stats doesn’t tell the whole story.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Chuma after thread had string of like 5 good games, people got wild, than in next 10 he shot like 12% for 3 and same people who were calling for my head and "eating crows" comments went hiding. As usual.

Isaac should be playing his FOURTH YEAR, player with normal history of health at such young age after 4 years has around 260 -310 gaes played.

If any other younger player not named Dwayne Bacon is now averaging what Bacon is averaging , this place would have several " future allstar" comments attached to his name.

We haven't seen it because he never showed capability. That's pretty much the point. He was even Robin to non other than Dwayne Bacon at college and i remember that being excuse why he only averaged 12 ppg at college. It's hilarious what people will write to defend opinion.
Shown capability to who? Not to me because i haven't seen it yet. JI haven't been stress tested to see what he can handle offensively. I watched every game and I haven't seen a concerted consistent effort to have him do more than just stand in a corner. What I have seen is him and fultz having to defer to people higher on the totem pole. My mind isn't going to change on this, I'm not ready to say someone can't do something or isn't able to do something simply because i haven't seen it.

Especially considering some of the issues i have with Clifford. So we're going agree to disagree, cause I'm iron clad where I stand on this issue and if I'm wrong I'm willing to own that.....but until then I'm going to let time do it's thing and see what happens first before I'm ready make such a statement on something which is no more than a educated guess and even then......

Just because someone hasn’t shown something, doesn’t mean they can do it..

Couldn’t you apply that logic to the below?

Shown capability to who? Not to me because i haven't seen it yet. Robert Franks haven't been stress tested to see what he can handle offensively. I watched every game and I haven't seen a concerted consistent effort to have him do more than just stand in a corner. What I have seen is him and Cannady having to defer to people higher on the totem pole. My mind isn't going to change on this, I'm not ready to say someone can't do something or isn't able to do something simply because i haven't seen it.

Just seems a little bit lazy, every fan for every team could make the same statement for young players who aren’t balling out stat wise.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,125

Post#1143 » by pepe1991 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:08 pm

OrlChamps2030 wrote:
KillMonger wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Chuma after thread had string of like 5 good games, people got wild, than in next 10 he shot like 12% for 3 and same people who were calling for my head and "eating crows" comments went hiding. As usual.

Isaac should be playing his FOURTH YEAR, player with normal history of health at such young age after 4 years has around 260 -310 gaes played.

If any other younger player not named Dwayne Bacon is now averaging what Bacon is averaging , this place would have several " future allstar" comments attached to his name.

We haven't seen it because he never showed capability. That's pretty much the point. He was even Robin to non other than Dwayne Bacon at college and i remember that being excuse why he only averaged 12 ppg at college. It's hilarious what people will write to defend opinion.
Shown capability to who? Not to me because i haven't seen it yet. JI haven't been stress tested to see what he can handle offensively. I watched every game and I haven't seen a concerted consistent effort to have him do more than just stand in a corner. What I have seen is him and fultz having to defer to people higher on the totem pole. My mind isn't going to change on this, I'm not ready to say someone can't do something or isn't able to do something simply because i haven't seen it.

Especially considering some of the issues i have with Clifford. So we're going agree to disagree, cause I'm iron clad where I stand on this issue and if I'm wrong I'm willing to own that.....but until then I'm going to let time do it's thing and see what happens first before I'm ready make such a statement on something which is no more than a educated guess and even then......

Shown capability to who? Not to me because i haven't seen it yet. Robert Franks haven't been stress tested to see what he can handle offensively. I watched every game and I haven't seen a concerted consistent effort to have him do more than just stand in a corner. What I have seen is him and Cannady having to defer to people higher on the totem pole. My mind isn't going to change on this, I'm not ready to say someone can't do something or isn't able to do something simply because i haven't seen it.

Just seems a little bit lazy, every fan for every team could make the same statement for young players who aren’t balling out stat wise.

That doesn't even make sense, but whatever...
IF you have player that was "beta" scorer at college , who spent 3 years in nba and never even averaged 15 ppg, ( career 9,9 ) how much evidence you need to figure he isn't scorer?

10 years?

Almost always this pointless debates turn into "next year allstar" Aaron Gordon type debates. People will debate to oblivion their bealifes despite there will always be zero or almost zero proof of any of their claims.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#1144 » by pepe1991 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:13 pm

Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:I think there is more nuance to it than that. What was exciting about Chuma is he wasn't just a black hole with a hero ball-playing style on offense like bacon. He was scoring within the offense and was playmaking and defending at a high level. I personally don't get caught up whatsoever in ppg totals.

Bamba scored 15 plus points two games in a row and I didn't bat an eye because of his horrific play on the other end of the court. Cole falls under that category for me as well.

I look for impact with young players. That's why I loved Isaac. That's why Chuma has really grown on me && that's what I'll be looking for with our lotto picks next season. I've always held that position with young players. When people were bitching about us not drafting DSJ/Markannen because of their ppg totals I always firmly stood my ground and said Isaac was the better pick.

Which even despite the injuries he still is. PPG is meaningless without context.

With the way Adebayo's career started, you would've bashed his existence in life.

Way Adebayo's career starterd is somehow bad ...because? Guy had first double double ( 13 points,13 rebounds) after 3 games in his career :dontknow:

You suggesting he "sucked" or what?
And for love of the God don't throw some Bamba comparison here, it's like comparing Ferrari to Fiat Panda
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,940

Post#1145 » by Ducklett » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:15 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Way Adebayo's career starterd is somehow bad ...because? Guy had first double double ( 13 points,13 rebounds) after 3 games in his career :dontknow:

And for love of the God don't throw some Bamba comparison here, it's like comparing Ferrari to Fiat Panda

Hey Pepe thoughts on the Shang-Chi trailer?
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#1146 » by pepe1991 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:16 pm

Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
KillMonger wrote:I agree I think he can be more than that as well. We just haven’t seen it yet, I mean it’s kinda like that dude that made the thread about Chuma.....he jumped the gun, the stats doesn’t tell the whole story.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Are you kidding me about Chuma right now? Guy is a rookie who finally got minutes due to our deadline trade and ever since Capt'n Jack Shot-o returned, it's been another adjustment period. So to deal with inconsistency is NORMAL. What you want to see are nights when he shows what he's capable of. THAT is how you gauge his potential. Defensively, he's already way ahead of the game. You keep talking about our players with a lens that says what they are now is all they'll ever be. Bleh.

Chuma isn't typical rookie, guy turns 23 in few months. You are not looking at 18 years old Hampton and trying to figure what will happen to his game in 2,3 years down the line. If he wasn't hurt and if somebody was willing to draft him, he would have been third year nba player, not rookie.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 23,908

Post#1147 » by Knightro » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:20 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Bamba had 13 PTS 7 REB 2 BLK on 6-8 FG and was a +13 in a game the Magic won by just 3 in the very first game of his NBA career.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#1148 » by KillMonger » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:24 pm

OrlChamps2030 wrote:
KillMonger wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

be my guest, you could but context is key in this situation, either way whether i'm right or wrong is something we'll find out in a few years or so i guess we'll see
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#1149 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:32 pm

drsd wrote:No broken bones and no cartilage damage.

I have never heard of an open dislocation. What an odd injury. The good news of course is that Cannady should very rapidly return from this. He should be fully ready to fight for an NBA job next pre-season.

How is that possible? The injury looked gruesome and he was bleeding.
aka: prorl
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#1150 » by drsd » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:34 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:

I have never heard of an open dislocation. What an odd injury. The good news of course is that Cannady should very rapidly return from this. He should be fully ready to fight for an NBA job next pre-season.

I guess the bone ball ripped through the skin, but did so without tearing the cartilage off of the bone. It sounds very painful, but it probably is about the same damage as a knife cut against the skin. I would think 6-weeks of stitches would be all. Plus the swelling of the dislocation itself needs to subside.

Skin
RealGM

Post#1151 » by Skin » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:48 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Look at you cherry picking stats :lol: :lol:

Sure, you can choose one good game out of many for Bam to make a point that he is good, but for any young player on the Magic who has a good game, it doesn't count. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,936

Post#1152 » by Xatticus » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:37 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:

Apparently it is exceptionally rare, but this 18 year old was back to full health in three months:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5883203/#:~:text=Isolated%20ankle%20dislocation%20without%20fracture,almost%20always%20present%20%5B1%5D.

It's difficult to understand how the bones can get so far dislocated without damaging the connective tissues, but apparently it can happen. I would expect that he will need extensive rehab to strengthen the area though. Some individuals are more prone to dislocations. Increasing the strength of the surrounding muscles helps prevent dislocations.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#1153 » by pepe1991 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:12 am

Knightro wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:With the way Adebayo's career started, you would've bashed his existence in life.

Bamba had 13 PTS 7 REB 2 BLK on 6-8 FG and was a +13 in a game the Magic won by just 3 in the very first game of his NBA career.

Bamba during rookie year scored at least 10 points - 7 times. Recorded one double double in whole rookie year.
Bam Adebayo rookie year scored at least 10 points - 18 times. Recored seven double doubles.

Six times, during rookie year alone, Adebayo had at least 5 assists. Mo Bamba's career high in assist to this date, 3 years later- is three.

In addition, as a rookie, Bamba had net rating of -14,9, by far worst on his own team and one of worst in nba among rotation players.
Rookie Bam Adebayo had net rating of -0,6. Nothing spectacular, but really no contest in terms of comparisment .

Bamba's first game ever, 3 year later, is still one of best games he played... Same was with Hezonja, he started career with 11 points, 3 rebounds 2 assists shooting 3-5 for 3. He even finished rookie year scoring 21 points in single game...
Skin
RealGM

Post#1154 » by Skin » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:16 am

pepe1991 wrote:
Knightro wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Bamba during rookie year scored at least 10 points - 7 times. Recorded one double double in whole rookie year.
Bam Adebayo rookie year scored at least 10 points - 18 times. Recored seven double doubles.

Six times, during rookie year alone, Adebayo had at least 5 assists. Mo Bamba's career high in assist to this date, 3 years later- is three.

In addition, as a rookie, Bamba had net rating of -14,9, by far worst on his own team and one of worst in nba among rotation players.
Rookie Bam Adebayo had net rating of -0,6. Nothing spectacular, but really no contest in terms of comparisment .

Bamba's first game ever, 3 year later, is still one of best games he played... Same was with Hezonja, he started career with 11 points, 3 rebounds 2 assists shooting 3-5 for 3. He even finished rookie year scoring 21 points in single game...

pepe1991
RealGM

Post#1155 » by pepe1991 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:25 am

Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Knightro wrote:

Look, if you tell me rookie will have 7 ppg, 5,5 rpg, 1,5 apg, play center, shoot 57% TS, be very,very strong defender and you will get all that- from fringe lottery pick- only fool would not take that guy.

It's you who claimed Bam was terrible as rookie, not me.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 23,908

Post#1156 » by Knightro » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:16 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Knightro wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

I know all of that.

I was just poking a little fun at you suggesting that Bam's rookie year wasn't that bad because he had a good game in his third game.
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#1157 » by MagicTownBaller » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:23 pm

We are top 2 in worst record! Yes!
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
Skin
RealGM

Post#1158 » by Skin » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:25 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Look, if you tell me rookie will have 7 ppg, 5,5 rpg, 1,5 apg, play center, shoot 57% TS, be very,very strong defender and you will get all that- from fringe lottery pick- only fool would not take that guy.

It's you who claimed Bam was terrible as rookie, not me.

Nobody thought anything good or bad about Bam as a rookie. He was in nobody's minds except Heat fans. You can't sit here talking about him as a case example because he scored 13 points in his 3rd game. You sound ridiculous.
Skin
RealGM

Post#1159 » by Skin » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:26 pm

MagicTownBaller wrote:We are top 2 in worst record! Yes!

Really scared about today's game against the Cavs tho. :cry:
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,167

Post#1160 » by cedric76 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:15 pm

Skin wrote:
MagicTownBaller wrote:We are top 2 in worst record! Yes!

Really scared about today's game against the Cavs tho. :cry:

Big game tonight
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon

Return to Orlando Magic