Image ImageImage Image

PG: That's a wrap

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

The Box Office
Starter
And1: 1,372

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#21 » by The Box Office » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:44 am

SfBull wrote:So the Bulls are a better team without Lavine right?

That depends. Did we replace LaVine yet?
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,694

Post#22 » by SfBull » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:45 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Can’t even tank really anymore, worst they could do is 7th.

Having a poor defensive center is going to be such an uphill battle from a roster standpoint, I don’t know what AK was thinking. All the Bulls need is an elite help defender at the power forward spot and someone who still has a good offense. There are like 5 of those guys on the planet.

The Bulls needed and still need a real pg which is something we don't have since Rondo.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#23 » by SfBull » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:49 am

The Box Office wrote:We have a super high chance of losing the next 5 games vs. Bucks, Hawks, Sixers, Hornets, and Celtics.

I know we beat Hornets and Celtics recently, but they're looking for blood against us. On May 9th vs. Pistons is where LaVine should return. Even without LaVine, we should beat Pistons easily.

- Coby White should not be yelling at established vets such as Vuc. Even when Vuc was late on something, Coby has absolutely no business talking down to him when Coby himself was terrible, yet again, on defense tonight. Stubborn kid. I like his 9 assists tonight though. Coby White hilariously couldn't get to the free throw line either. Maybe that pop on Coby's mouth was warranted to shut the kid up.

- Patrick Williams still performing like a bust.

- Julius Randle is having a superb year. He's also a f*ckin beast defensively if y'all weren't following him. He's currently number 2 in the NBA in defensive win shares behind Rudy Gobert. Randle is also number 12 in defensive rating showing that he's better than anyone we currently have by 1000s of miles. Knicks are blessed to have Randle since he's currently out performing the guy the Knicks truly wanted and that is Zion.

I agree with all of this, especially about PWill playing like a bust.
dukeespn
Senior
And1: 506

Post#24 » by dukeespn » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:50 am

Do I have to remind you that we were 3-8 when both Vuc & LaVine played and now 4-4 when LaVine didn't play? I think we"ll lose next 4 games in a row and still 4-8 is better than 3-8. Do the simple math if you can.

Also what's the point if the team's winning record itself is still poor when your "all-star" Zach LaVine plays?
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#25 » by SfBull » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:52 am

The Box Office wrote:

Hopefully not,but perhaps AK can feel pressed for trading him by draft looking for a high frp.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#26 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:54 am

The Box Office wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
The Box Office wrote:
I disagree. Zion is nowhere near elite defensively right now. I'm not even sure Zion reaches Julius Randle's current defensive output ever in his career. Because I'm not confident in Zion's knees.

It took Randle like 5 years to figure it out. Zion is already a star. If he stays healthy he will he better. Probably significantly better.

I wouldn't trade for Randle for Zion. Randle is having a superstar year himself. I think you're speaking for yourself, correct? YOU would trade Randle for Zion. I don't care about 5 years from now. I don't care about the future. It's all about "right now." Right now, Randle is the better player and his stats and advanced metrics beat all over Zion.

Since Zion is a superstar, and I agree that Zion is, how come his team is currently ranked 11th in the West? They're out of the playoffs.

I said he is star right now, not a superstar. Also the last star PF in New Orleans didn’t win much either. Using that logic Anthony Davis wasn’t a top player until he joined the Lakers.

I would say 95 percent of NBA teams would choose Zion over Randle. Just about every single team except the Knicks who also think would pull the trigger too. I know I would definitely take Zion on the Bulls before Randle on age alone.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#27 » by SfBull » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:56 am

dukeespn wrote:

Do I have to remind you that we were 3-8 when both Vuc & LaVine played and now 4-4 when LaVine didn't play? I think we"ll lose next 4 games in a row and still 4-8 is better than 3-8. Do the simple math if you can.

Also what's the point if the team's winning record itself is still poor when your "all-star" Zach LaVine plays?

Seriously?
Zach is our better player by a lot, period.He shouldn't be blamed by playing with a bunch of bad players.There's a chance of building up a good team around him and Vuc,what AK needs to do is try to get better players than we have now.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#28 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:56 am

dukeespn wrote:

This team is not better without LaVine. No need quote all-star like that because he is one whether you agree or not. As is Vuc.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#29 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:57 am

SfBull wrote:
dukeespn wrote:

Seriously?
Zach is our better player by a lot, period.He shouldn't be blamed by playing with a bunch of bad players.There's a chance of building up a good team around him and Vuc,what AK needs to do is try to get better players than we have now.

They are serious and there is no point in arguing with them. Just tell them they are wrong and move on.
dukeespn
Senior

Post#30 » by dukeespn » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:59 am

SfBull wrote:
dukeespn wrote:

Seriously?

So that better player achieves what on the Bulls? Making one all-star apperance?

Good to see your fancy player make individual achievement!
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#31 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:00 am

SfBull wrote:
The Box Office wrote:

Hopefully not,but perhaps AK can feel pressed for trading him by draft looking for a high frp.

He should be fired if so. Trading two 1st round picks for Vuc then trading Zach to make up for it would be horrendous management.
dukeespn
Senior

Post#32 » by dukeespn » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:03 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
SfBull wrote:
dukeespn wrote:

Seriously?

They are serious and there is no point in arguing with them. Just tell them they are wrong and move on.

Honestly I really don't care if the Bulls without LaVine is actually better than the Bulls with him.

What I really care is the team having Zach as your best player has never achieved something meaningful.

Don't complain about other Bulls. I know they suck. And I also know LaVine can't make his teammates better and his defense is bad enough to lose the games.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#33 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:05 am

dukeespn wrote:
SfBull wrote:
dukeespn wrote:

Seriously?

So that better player achieves what on the Bulls? Making one all-star apperance?

Good to see your fancy player make individual achievement!

It’s team sport. If his teammates player like all-stars or just real NBA starters we wouldn’t suck.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#34 » by SfBull » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:05 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
The Box Office wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
It took Randle like 5 years to figure it out. Zion is already a star. If he stays healthy he will he better. Probably significantly better.

I wouldn't trade for Randle for Zion. Randle is having a superstar year himself. I think you're speaking for yourself, correct? YOU would trade Randle for Zion. I don't care about 5 years from now. I don't care about the future. It's all about "right now." Right now, Randle is the better player and his stats and advanced metrics beat all over Zion.

Since Zion is a superstar, and I agree that Zion is, how come his team is currently ranked 11th in the West? They're out of the playoffs.

I said he is star right now, not a superstar. Also the last star PF in New Orleans didn’t win much either. Using that logic Anthony Davis wasn’t a top player until he joined the Lakers.

I would say 95 percent of NBA teams would choose Zion over Randle. Just about every single team except the Knicks who also think would pull the trigger too. I know I would definitely take Zion on the Bulls before Randle on age alone.

Randle is having a great season but Zion is a generational talent like Doncic ,a future Hall of
Famer if he can stay healthy.I'd take him over Randle in a heartbeat.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#35 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:07 am

dukeespn wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
SfBull wrote:Seriously?

Honestly I really don't care if the Bulls without LaVine is actually better than the Bulls with him.

What I really care is the team having Zach as your best player has never achieved something meaningful.

Don't complain about other Bulls. I know they suck. And I also know LaVine can't make his teammates better and his defense is bad enough to lose the games.

LaVine’s defense is not the reason we have been losing games. That’s a load of crap. He isn’t fit to run a team. We know that. So get someone who can.

If he is drawing double and tripe teams and his teammates can’t take advantage of it means they suck, not him.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#36 » by SfBull » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:13 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
dukeespn wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

LaVine’s defense is not the reason we have been losing games. That’s a load of crap. He isn’t fit to run a team. We know that. So get someone who can.

We got 2 All Stars in Zach and Vuc,I just hope AK can be effective enough for building up a good team around them,it can begin by extending Theis and keeping Young,the others are expendable including the player he drafted.
dukeespn
Senior

Post#37 » by dukeespn » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:13 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
dukeespn wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

If he is drawing double and tripe teams and his teammates can’t take advantage of it means they suck, not him.

Yeah keep complaining only about other Bulls and don't mention his bad decision making just like you always do in this sub.

And coincidentally ONLY two metrics are saying LaVine's defense is really terrible.

DPIPM 506th of 523 players
DRAPTOR 216th of 250 players.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,752

Post#38 » by Jeffster81 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:18 am

Bulls, Hawks and Cubs are playing an excellent game of pissing off their fans.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#39 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:18 am

dukeespn wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
dukeespn wrote:

Yeah keep complaining only about other Bulls and don't mention his bad decision making just like you always do in this sub.

And coincidentally ONLY two metrics are saying LaVine's defense is really terrible.

DPIPM 506th of 523 players
DRAPTOR 216th of 250 players.

His defense is not losing us games. Period. I think I acknowledged his decision making by saying he isn’t fit to run the team. Funny even without him we are still turning the ball over like crazy including tonight so poor decision making seems widespread.

I guarantee you Thibs and Knicks fans would take LaVine as their starting SG in a heartbeat...
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,100

Post#40 » by cool007 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:26 am

Seriously guys? I don't hear anyone complaining about Beal/McCollum/Booker etc being really bad defender. I could argue that Zach is atleast on par with them defensively, if not better. This year lavine has been far better defensively but when you have Coby/Carter and Pat Will (who everyone raves about being a good defender like Carter - but in reality way worse than Lavine) then your defense would look bad.

If Lavine was on Knicks in Thibs system with Noel protecting the paint, he would be in the MVP conversation just like Randle might be.

I really think Bulls fans love to bring down on their star players (Some with Rose, many with Butler and now with Lavine) but I can bet you all I have that pretty much every single team in the NBA would LOVE to have a player like Lavine on their team and would happily give you FRP - so that we can have another Coby White/Carter/Lauri/Pat Will etc.

Return to Chicago Bulls