Image ImageImage Image

PG: That's a wrap

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Rupert
Freshman
And1: 33

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#41 » by Rupert » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:32 am

Bulls played decent we were missing our best player they had theirs and he was a beast. No tank we can make it
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,413

Post#42 » by Ice Man » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:35 am

I don't think the Knicks have the talent to make a playoff run this year, but they are fun to watch. Thibs certainly does get the best out of what he has. As for the Bulls, might as well give Green, Dotson, Aminu etc. some run. We're not playing for anything now.
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,693

Post#43 » by SfBull » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:41 am

cool007 wrote:Seriously guys? I don't hear anyone complaining about Beal/McCollum/Booker etc being really bad defender. I could argue that Zach is atleast on par with them defensively, if not better. This year lavine has been far better defensively but when you have Coby/Carter and Pat Will (who everyone raves about being a good defender like Carter - but in reality way worse than Lavine) then your defense would look bad.

If Lavine was on Knicks in Thibs system with Noel protecting the paint, he would be in the MVP conversation just like Randle might be.

I really think Bulls fans love to bring down on their star players (Some with Rose, many with Butler and now with Lavine) but I can bet you all I have that pretty much every single team in the NBA would LOVE to have a player like Lavine on their team and would happily give you FRP - so that we can have another Coby White/Carter/Lauri/Pat Will etc.

Very well said.
The Box Office
Starter
And1: 1,370

Post#44 » by The Box Office » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:48 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:LaVine’s defense is not the reason we have been losing games. That’s a load of crap. He isn’t fit to run a team. We know that. So get someone who can.

You're finally making some sense. Kudos. That's why we shouldn't build around LaVine. And Vuc, too.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#45 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:49 am

Bulls problem is that we don't have many two way players. The reason the Knicks are on the rise is they have a lot of guys who play both ends of the floor especially their best player, Randle. D Rose is playing some really good defense right now in the games I have watched. Taj has always been a very good defender. RJ is solid. Noel is not much of an offensive player but he is a presence on D. The most important thing is that their defense is on a string. Watch them rotate, watch them help. They block shots, they swarm, they pressure the ball. Nothing comes easy for the opponent. It wears teams down and by the 4th Q all they have to do is blow on the opponent and they fall over. So much of the Knicks offense comes from their defense. It's so much easier to score when you're not constantly taking the ball out of the basket on your end. You get easy buckets off of turnovers and stops. It's fun to watch a team that plays for each other like that.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,413

Post#46 » by Ice Man » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:04 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:Bulls problem is that we don't have many two way players. The reason the Knicks are on the rise is they have a lot of guys who play both ends of the floor especially their best player, Randle. D Rose is playing some really good defense right now in the games I have watched. Taj has always been a very good defender. RJ is solid. Noel is not much of an offensive player but he is a presence on D. The most important thing is that their defense is on a string. Watch them rotate, watch them help. They block shots, they swarm, they pressure the ball. Nothing comes easy for the opponent. It wears teams down and by the 4th Q all they have to do is blow on the opponent and they fall over. So much of the Knicks offense comes from their defense. It's so much easier to score when you're knock constantly taking the ball out of the basket on your end. You get easy buckets off of turnovers and stops. It's fun to watch a team that plays for each other like that.

You're mistaken, Johnny. This is what I have learned from Stacey.

1) Fred was better than Thibs. With Thibs, the team was too tight. With Fred, they ran free. Downhill. Nothing but running downhill with Fred. Always downhill.

2) Then Boylen was better than Fred. The team was out of shape with Fred. With Boylen, they got fit. They became attack dogs. Just look at them work!

3) Then Donovan was better than Boylen. With Billy, the players know their roles. They aren't miscast, being asked to do what they're not good at doing. Everybody is geared to perform their best.

So Billy > Boylen > Fred > Thibs. Which means the Knicks aren't well coached, not at all. We get 20 points per game against the Knicks because of better coaching. Maybe more. I am surprised to see you making that mistake.
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,075
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#47 » by Clint Eastwood » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:08 am

Jeffster81 wrote:Bulls, Hawks and Cubs are playing an excellent game of pissing off their fans.

Any reason you chose to leave off the Bears?
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,762

Post#48 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:15 am

The Box Office wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:LaVine’s defense is not the reason we have been losing games. That’s a load of crap. He isn’t fit to run a team. We know that. So get someone who can.

You're finally making some sense. Kudos. That's why we shouldn't build around LaVine. And Vuc, too.

I have never said build around LaVine. Always build with him. He is SG not a PG. Him not being able to lead the offense is a not necessity for his position. There are plenty of great players that can’t run a team effectively. It’s not prerequisite to being a core piece. Both of them would benefit greatly from a high level starting floor leader. How we get that after giving up our picks for Vuc is for AK to solve.

If you are talking trading them that’s basically crazy talk. We went all in when traded this picks for Vuc. He said he wasn’t done so those follow up moves need happen ASAP.
The Box Office
Starter
And1: 1,370

Post#49 » by The Box Office » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:28 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
The Box Office wrote:

I have never said build around LaVine. Always build with him. He is SG not a PG. Him not being able to lead the offense is a not necessity for his position. There are plenty of great players that can’t run a team effectively. It’s not prerequisite to being a core piece. Both of them would benefit greatly from a high level starting floor leader. How we get that after giving up our picks for Vuc is for AK to solve.

If you are talking trading them that’s basically crazy talk. We went all in when traded this picks for Vuc. He said he wasn’t done so those follow up moves need happen ASAP.

? You wrote it yourself. "He isn't fit to run a team. We know that. So get someone who can."

Logically, a GM doesn't build a team around a player you just described. The player who you were referring to is Zach LaVine.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,727

Post#50 » by Jeffster81 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:39 am

Clint Eastwood wrote:
Jeffster81 wrote:Bulls, Hawks and Cubs are playing an excellent game of pissing off their fans.

Any reason you chose to leave off the Bears?

They are in their off-season, so they get a pass till August.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,762

Post#51 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:44 am

The Box Office wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
The Box Office wrote:

? You wrote it yourself. "He isn't fit to run a team. We know that. So get someone who can."

Logically, a GM doesn't build a team around a player you just described. The player who you were referring to is Zach LaVine.

By run a team I meant be the PG. Zach was never meant to be our PG. He has had to do it because we don’t have one. I don’t mean he isn’t fit to take on a leadership role.
CobyWhite0
Rookie
And1: 819

Post#52 » by CobyWhite0 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:52 am

The Box Office wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
The Box Office wrote:

Just absolutely no.

Logically, a GM knows he needs a PG.

Obviously, you don't think a team can be built around/with anyone who isn't a PG.

Obviously, Zach isn't a PG, he's a SG.

I think you're being trolled WCB.
CobyWhite0
Rookie
And1: 819

Post#53 » by CobyWhite0 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:54 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
The Box Office wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

By run a team I mean be the PG. Zach has never been to meant the PG. He has had to do it because we don’t have one. I don’t mean he is fit to take on leadership role.

Obviously, and you said it in plain, simple English.

To quote you, "He is SG not a PG". I still think you're being trolled.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,193

Post#54 » by Red8911 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:57 am

Ice Man wrote:I don't think the Knicks have the talent to make a playoff run this year, but they are fun to watch. Thibs certainly does get the best out of what he has. As for the Bulls, might as well give Green, Dotson, Aminu etc. some run. We're not playing for anything now.

What do you mean not playing for anything now? There are 10 games remaining with 2 games out of that 10th spot. Is it looking more unlikely for them to reach the play in? Sure but they will still try to make it that’s the goal right now. No other choice but to fight it till the end at this point and hope for the best. If they somehow sneak into the play in, then with Zach back anything is possible.
beeshma
Starter
And1: 1,766

Post#55 » by beeshma » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:09 am

Ice Man wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:Bulls problem is that we don't have many two way players. The reason the Knicks are on the rise is they have a lot of guys who play both ends of the floor especially their best player, Randle. D Rose is playing some really good defense right now in the games I have watched. Taj has always been a very good defender. RJ is solid. Noel is not much of an offensive player but he is a presence on D. The most important thing is that their defense is on a string. Watch them rotate, watch them help. They block shots, they swarm, they pressure the ball. Nothing comes easy for the opponent. It wears teams down and by the 4th Q all they have to do is blow on the opponent and they fall over. So much of the Knicks offense comes from their defense. It's so much easier to score when you're knock constantly taking the ball out of the basket on your end. You get easy buckets off of turnovers and stops. It's fun to watch a team that plays for each other like that.

You're mistaken, Johnny. This is what I have learned from Stacey.

1) Fred was better than Thibs. With Thibs, the team was too tight. With Fred, they ran free. Downhill. Nothing but running downhill with Fred. Always downhill.

2) Then Boylen was better than Fred. The team was out of shape with Fred. With Boylen, they got fit. They became attack dogs. Just look at them work!

3) Then Donovan was better than Boylen. With Billy, the players know their roles. They aren't miscast, being asked to do what they're not good at doing. Everybody is geared to perform their best.

So Billy > Boylen > Fred > Thibs. Which means the Knicks aren't well coached, not at all. We get 20 points per game against the Knicks because of better coaching. Maybe more. I am surprised to see you making that mistake.

:clap:
Tetlak
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,133

Post#56 » by Tetlak » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:29 am

I don't wanna derail too much, but to the group of people talking about how you can't build with Zach because he can't run a team - can you give us a list of players who can both be the primary scorer and run a team?

And then secondly, can you name me how many teams in the past 30 years have won a title with a point guard as their best player?

I don't have high hopes for either list.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,869

Post#57 » by Wingy » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:44 am

The Box Office wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
The Box Office wrote:

Logically, try digesting the points of WCB’s post, maybe?

MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,896
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#58 » by MalagaBulls » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:40 am

That's pretty much a wrap for me too. I've checked out for the season. What maddening, delusional, uninspired BBall this team plays. The rerun from hell over & over again. Start off terribly like a majority of games and have to expend twice the energy to claw back and then collapse totally. I don't have the energy for this anymore as they have torpedoed my interest.
I am so questioning BD's ability to get the most of his players. Vooch's & Coby's body language was terrible. Blech, it is what it is. See you guys at ping pong ball time to see if we can salvage something from this disastrous season.
TallDude
Junior
And1: 140

Post#59 » by TallDude » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:05 am

Zach is great player but not what bulls need. Star PG would be more important. Zach would be better if he could be more like Doncic, Harden etc. But we can not ask that for Zach he is pure scorer. Problem is he is not getting players around him better. Actually they get worse because of Zach heroball. I don`t like ballhogs. I know Luca and Harden are but they are better players than Zach and they can pass. Zach also need good PG. With good PG Zach would be every year allstar and his negative impact would not be problem. We lose no matter Zach scores.
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,693

Post#60 » by SfBull » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:27 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
The Box Office wrote:

AK needs to get a better pg . Keep playing Zach with backup points like Sato or combo shooting guards like Coby and we'll get more threads like " The Bulls are a better team without Zach" everytime he can't play for some reason.

Return to Chicago Bulls