ImageImageImageImageImage

Last 10 game POLLapalooza

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Official Final Record guesstimator : Last ten game record

7-3 or better : Knicks have 41 wins or more.
20%
6-4 : The Knicks win 40 games this season
28%
5-5 & 4-6 : Above .500 39-38 wins
30%
3-7 : Just 1 game above .500 37 wins
4%
2-8 : At .500 36 wins
1%
1-9 or worse : Knicks finish below .500
3%
STFU & GTFO : with this isht.
13%

Total votes: 90

stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,916

Last 10 game POLLapalooza 

Post#1 » by stuporman » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:39 am

What you think?

Rules of the moctagon are two answers each!! Yes, a ranked choice format. So you can give your two top predictions or waste one on venting your inner angst at me which is what I expected of you...yes you.

No time limit and more...you can change your vote you sneak yes we saw you...

So ?
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
stuporman
RealGM

Re: Last 10 game POLLapalooza 

Post#2 » by stuporman » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:14 am

Some pretty optimistic people so far.... a little surprised I suppose since the 6 game west road trip is still ahead.
Image?
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,559

Post#3 » by KnixtapeH20 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:13 am

7-3 or 6-4
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,441

Post#4 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:18 am

I coach my teams possession by possession.
Free Palestine
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,929

Post#5 » by knicks94 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:51 am

Adam Silver didn't want the Knicks going to the playoffs hence the difficult schedule.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#6 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:07 pm

we still coming for everbody's chains.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
stuporman
RealGM

Post#7 » by stuporman » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:47 pm

Woah, so many votes for 40 wins or more....that would be such a great achievement for this team and it only needs the Knicks to go 6-4 the rest of the way to get there but that 6 game western road trip is a killer with 5 of them against playoff teams.

If it was against mostly the lottery bound teams I'd be more likely to entertain that idea but wow, it's a gauntlet of quality teams so it's difficult for me to hope too hard for it. Although, I can appreciate the positive thoughts and enthusiasm from Knicks fans, we deserve this season for our loyalty.
Image?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#8 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:01 pm

stuporman wrote:Woah, so many votes for 40 wins or more....that would be such a great achievement for this team and it only needs the Knicks to go 6-4 the rest of the way to get there but that 6 game western road trip is a killer with 5 of them against playoff teams.

If it was against mostly the lottery bound teams I'd be more likely to entertain that idea but wow, it's a gauntlet of quality teams so it's difficult for me to hope too hard for it. Although, I can appreciate the positive thoughts and enthusiasm from Knicks fans, we deserve this season for our loyalty.

Is that really all we have left is just 10 games?
Free Palestine
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,815

Post#9 » by 8516knicks » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:10 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
stuporman wrote:Woah, so many votes for 40 wins or more....that would be such a great achievement for this team and it only needs the Knicks to go 6-4 the rest of the way to get there but that 6 game western road trip is a killer with 5 of them against playoff teams.

Plus the playoffs. Think positively! :lol:
Spot31
Pro Prospect
And1: 527

Post#10 » by Spot31 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:17 pm

8516knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Plus the playoffs. Think positively! :lol:

At least the ECF
"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character hope." Rom. 5: 2-4
stuporman
RealGM

Post#11 » by stuporman » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:24 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

Well, regular season, yea...10 games to go. That's more than 1000 possessions translated into your measure.

Like others are saying not including playoffs and depending on where the Knicks seed they could have areal good shot at 2nd round but let's not get too ahead of ourselves.

If the Knicks were to finish the season on this tough sched with 6-4 to get to 40 wins, a 40-32 records would be pretty sweet considering the preseason expectations.
Image?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#12 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:28 pm

stuporman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Well, regular season, yea...10 games to go. That's more than 1000 possessions translated into your measure.

Like others are saying not including playoffs and depending on where the Knicks seed they could have areal good shot at 2nd round but let's not get too ahead of ourselves.

If the Knicks were to finish the season on this tough sched with 6-4 to get to 40 wins, a 40-32 records would be pretty sweet considering the preseason expectations.

1000 possessions :lol:

I like that 40 number. Nice and round and even. That's a .556 winning percentage according my computer calculator. :D
Free Palestine
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#13 » by 8516knicks » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:33 pm

stuporman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Reflect (like I am) on just how unbelievable this is given our expectations starting the season! :rockon:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,555

Post#14 » by Capn'O » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:04 pm

7-3 plus. You only live once.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#15 » by br7knicks » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:27 pm

8516knicks wrote:
stuporman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Reflect (like I am) on just how unbelievable this is given our expectations starting the season! :rockon:

i had my knicks at dead last this season. good thing my knowledge of basketball sucks butthole
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#16 » by 8516knicks » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:50 am

10/11 - fantastic. part of me says "just ONE more" I'm so hungry for a .500 season, but no, I'm GREEDY - win win win!
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#17 » by robillionaire » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:23 am

my prediction would be 5-5. thankfully we already won tonight so 4-5 in the last nine. The most winnable games are houston, memphis, charlotte, san antonio, and boston. Denver, Phoenix, and the two LA games (LeBron will be back) are the games I'd most expect to lose. I'll say we go 3-2 in the "most winnable" set of games and then 1-3 in the tougher set of games. So 39-33 would be my final record prediction.

My most optimistic prediction is 41-31 and most pessimistic is 37-35, so I'll predict the middle of those
Davis18
Senior
And1: 695

Post#18 » by Davis18 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:21 am

I am hoping we finish W42 L30.

Win against Hou & Mem
Split Den / Pho
Split LAC / LAL
Win out all home games to end the season.

4th seed vs. either Atl or Bos.
Philly might get 1st seed due to easier schedule than BK.
Imagine ECF vs BK.. NYC will be party town.
What a dream season.

Let's go Knicks!!!
ForzaMetro
Senior
And1: 677

Post#19 » by ForzaMetro » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:04 pm

9 games to go and we’re 1 up on Atlanta (and have a tie breaker) and 2 up on Boston & Miami.

If we go 5-4, Boston/Miami would have to go 7-2 to catch us. They play each other twice, which makes it unlikely they’d both go 7-2 to finish the season.

Will be interesting if that last game of the season vs Boston means something for both teams.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2021-nba-predictions/

538 has it finishing

4 Atlanta 40-32
5 Boston 39-33
6 Miami 38-34
7 New York 38-34

For what that’s worth...we’ve been outperforming their metrics all season long
stuporman
RealGM

Post#20 » by stuporman » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:46 pm

More people want me to stfu&gtfo than think the Knicks will end up below .500...hmm....hah
Image?

Return to New York Knicks