ImageImageImage

RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Pistons (7PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Archx
General Manager
And1: 7,763

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Pistons (7PM EST) 

Post#61 » by Archx » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:29 am

What a pathetic display this was. KP getting injured again and THJ had to have a career night vs these Pistons in order for Mavs to barely win.

Detroit players deserve defensive belt tonight for clamping themselves on all those missed FT's.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#62 » by ejs78 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:31 am

Game ball goes to Hardaway Sr for being in attendance here in Detroit. Jr never plays bad with dad in the crowd.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Post#63 » by 13th Man » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:41 am

Why did they rush Porzingis back so early? If it's his knee, this could be more serious :(
gottamakeit
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,318

Post#64 » by gottamakeit » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:50 am

daoneandonly wrote:If Mavs lose, Donnie should be fired for drafting Green over Bey

Can we still fire him ?
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
Golden Knight
Analyst
And1: 4,965

Post#65 » by Golden Knight » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:56 am

Brunson/Richardson/Redick combined for 9/34 shooting.
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,724

Post#66 » by leolozon » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:56 am

So... KP is in good spirit after turning his ankle. They act like it's nothing and could play the next game. Then he misses 2(?) games anyway. Come backs and have pain in his knee...

I disliked the trade when it happened, not because of what they gave up, but giving the max to an injury prone player who didn't even prove he was ever a top player is just stupid. It was too much of a gamble.

With a max deal, you can gamble on either future health or future potential, not both at the same time.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#67 » by ejs78 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:03 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#68 » by ejs78 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:04 am

Only man Casey Smith can't fix
leolozon wrote:So... KP is in good spirit after turning his ankle. They act like it's nothing and could play the next game. Then he misses 2(?) games anyway. Come backs and have pain in his knee...

I disliked the trade when it happened, not because of what they gave up, but giving the max to an injury prone player who didn't even prove he was ever a top player is just stupid. It was too much of a gamble.

With a max deal, you can gamble on either future health or future potential, not both at the same time.

Archx
General Manager
And1: 7,763

Post#69 » by Archx » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:08 am

13th Man wrote:Why did they rush Porzingis back so early? If it's his knee, this could be more serious :(

I wouldn't say they rushed him. He had a tweaked ankle but knee was apparently fine up until now. Hard to say really.
Golden Knight
Analyst
And1: 4,965

Post#70 » by Golden Knight » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:14 am

leolozon wrote:So... KP is in good spirit after turning his ankle. They act like it's nothing and could play the next game. Then he misses 2(?) games anyway. Come backs and have pain in his knee...

The deal really should have came with injury provisions just like what the Sixers did with Embiid.
Bluelabel24
Junior
And1: 51

Post#71 » by Bluelabel24 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:18 am

gottamakeit wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:If Mavs lose, Donnie should be fired for drafting Green over Bey

Can we still fire him ?

if Cuban is open to it.. thats a big if. Now is probably the best time and get it on the Masai Ujiri stakes. that guy imo has proven to be among the best if not the best GM/Pres in the league past few years.
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,724

Post#72 » by leolozon » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:19 am

The worst thing about the KP trade is that they basically gave up 3 1st, because taking THJ and Jackson should have been a 1st.

Now imagine the Mavs just decide to absorb the contracts and get a Knicks' 1st round pick... How is that not better? The pick probably doesn't convert in 2019 due to protections, but they certainly can draft Haliburton with that pick in 2020 like they wanted to. Imagine having Luka, Haliburton, (Saddiq Bey) + cap space for 2 max... WTF!

I wouldn't have wanted to sign KP to a max deal straight up, so giving up picks for the opportunity to do it looks like incompetence to me.
Bluelabel24
Junior

Post#73 » by Bluelabel24 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:26 am

ejs78 wrote:Only man Casey Smith can't fix

haha exactly.. i had high hopes on the trade for KP and part of it is because of Casey Smith.
the part that im curious about, is KP that stubborn again to disregard Casey and his staff.? did he follow everything they told him to do during offseasons? like training /workout regimen, diet, rest. because to me that is the red flag. thats the last straw that would make be 100% ok in trading him. cuz he did that in NY, team doctors and colker wanted him to add 10lbs and he didnt.
also let me emphasize that to me the red flag is the willingness to disregard and not the weight issue per se.
if casey smith says he should weigh 220lbs then he should weigh 220, but if Casey says he should add 8-10lbs and weigh 245-250 then follow it exactly. same goes for luka, but right now KP is the focus cuz of that max contract.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,795

Post#74 » by dirkforpres » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:33 am

Just keep Porzingis out till the playoffs, even if he’s feels 100% tomorrow. Need him healthy for an offseason trade
FIRE JASON KIDD
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,893

Post#75 » by HMFFL » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:35 am

Nice to see THJ show up! Great win

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#76 » by fuller4379 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:40 am

Who needs Luka when you have THJ?
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#77 » by ejs78 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:53 am

Who got defensive player of the game

MrOrange
Senior
And1: 417

Post#78 » by MrOrange » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:32 am

Bluelabel24 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:Only man Casey Smith can't fix

haha exactly.. i had high hopes on the trade for KP and part of it is because of Casey Smith.
the part that im curious about, is KP that stubborn again to disregard Casey and his staff.? did he follow everything they told him to do during offseasons? like training /workout regimen, diet, rest. because to me that is the red flag. thats the last straw that would make be 100% ok in trading him. cuz he did that in NY, team doctors and colker wanted him to add 10lbs and he didnt.
also let me emphasize that to me the red flag is the willingness to disregard and not the weight issue per se.
if casey smith says he should weigh 220lbs then he should weigh 220, but if Casey says he should add 8-10lbs and weigh 245-250 then follow it exactly. same goes for luka, but right now KP is the focus cuz of that max contract.

No, let me get it straight regarding Colker. He was never suggested to KP by NYK. On the contrary, it was purely a decision by KP's camp and was soon dropped afterwards by KP. Yes, Colker has in the past worked with guys like Shaq, but is considered a highly controversial figure with his obsession with building muscle at the expense of some core basics. Google him, some refer to him as Mr Anabolic. He has run into various controversies before. Actually, Knicks wanted Colker gone and that was good riddance in my book. KP does not need a bodybuilder treatment, which can actually be harmful.
Bluelabel24
Junior

Post#79 » by Bluelabel24 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:12 am

MrOrange wrote:
No, let me get it straight regarding Colker. He was never suggested to KP by NYK. On the contrary, it was purely a decision by KP's camp and was soon dropped afterwards by KP. Yes, Colker has in the past worked with guys like Shaq, but is considered a highly controversial figure with his obsession with building muscle at the expense of some core basics. Google him, some refer to him as Mr Anabolic. He has run into various controversies before. Actually, Knicks wanted Colker gone and that was good riddance in my book. KP does not need a bodybuilder treatment, which can actually be harmful.

yeah ive read some stuff regarding colker on google. he was even sued at one point. but to me his wealth of nba experience training all stars and legend like shaq and still outweighs that. and gotta factor in what he wanted to do. ive watched every KP workout vid there is on YT he was already being extremely careful imo only wanting to add 8-10lbs. if you think about it thats not that much to add on lower body/lower back and core.
But id like to reiterate where the red flag was for me. it was the willingness to disregard experts.
idc if KP comes in next year weighing 200lbs, if thats what Casey Smith says he should do. thats why ive been trying to find a recent interview of anyone on mavs training staff regarding this. cuz right now we dont know what would make him durable, it could be subtracting or adding weight, we wont know for sure. but you got to be willing to change something in order to find the answer.
what we do know is something has gotta change in his routine, and not just have him accept and settle that he is"injury prone"
Imo that it should be his landing mechanics, ive posted the vid on other thread. you dont need to be a MD/PHd to know that that inward bending of knees and ankles is dangerous for a 7'3 guy. i dont understand why it hasnt been discussed when we have KP bothered by his knees/ ankles a lot. some fans say he already tried adding some weight during the bubble and he only got injured, i think yes he already tried it but forgot to address the valgus issue.
agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#80 » by agentofatlas » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:18 am

Golden Knight wrote:

The deal really should have came with injury provisions just like what the Sixers did with Embiid.

That's what I thought his deal would be.

I mean the trade was fine. We need the FO to be that aggressive. But the deal was just bad because there were no provisions. I guess this is more on Cuban than the FO though.

Return to Dallas Mavericks