ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 63 : Golden State Warriors (31-31) @ Minnesota Timberwolves (19-44) - 8:00PM

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,838

Re: Game 63 : Golden State Warriors (31-31) @ Minnesota Timberwolves (19-44) - 8:00PM 

Post#61 » by whatisacenter » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:26 am

clyde21 wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
jaymo123 wrote:
I agree. Mulder, Lee, Smilagic, even Bazemore should never be your best options off the bench. Use that money and sign better vets.

The best hope for the future is getting the minny pick to go with their own FRP.

and making the right picks

Well, one thing at a time...
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,838

Re: Game 63 : Golden State Warriors (31-31) @ Minnesota Timberwolves (19-44) - 8:00PM 

Post#62 » by whatisacenter » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:27 am

Double
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,187

Post#63 » by clyde21 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:27 am

whatisacenter wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
HiRez wrote:I continue to be amazed that people insist we're just a healthy Klay away from being championship contenders. Outside of Steph, Klay (will he be 100%?) and Draymond (11 points is a huge offensive night for him now), this team is straight trash. Sure, we have guys like Wiggins and Oubre who do good things here and there, but this is so far away from being a contending team it's a joke. There is no consistency at all. Wiseman will I think be good but he's clearly at least a year and maybe 2-3 away. And that "awesome" Wolves draft pick is looking worse and worse by the day.

the biggest mistake is if we go into next year pretending that having Klay back (and who knows at what % of his old self) next year means we're back to being contenders again. the bench unit essentially has to be completely rebuilt...and if we go into next season with Poole as our #3 guard, we are gonna be in trouble (relatively speaking).

While I agree with you guys how do they rebuild the bench with limited $$$?

a lot of finesse, maybe a S&T, a Wiseman trade, nailing the two picks, using the MLE correctly
Sam Lowry Jr
Bench Warmer
And1: 281

Post#64 » by Sam Lowry Jr » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:30 am

whatisacenter wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
HiRez wrote:I continue to be amazed that people insist we're just a healthy Klay away from being championship contenders. Outside of Steph, Klay (will he be 100%?) and Draymond (11 points is a huge offensive night for him now), this team is straight trash. Sure, we have guys like Wiggins and Oubre who do good things here and there, but this is so far away from being a contending team it's a joke. There is no consistency at all. Wiseman will I think be good but he's clearly at least a year and maybe 2-3 away. And that "awesome" Wolves draft pick is looking worse and worse by the day.

the biggest mistake is if we go into next year pretending that having Klay back (and who knows at what % of his old self) next year means we're back to being contenders again. the bench unit essentially has to be completely rebuilt...and if we go into next season with Poole as our #3 guard, we are gonna be in trouble (relatively speaking).

While I agree with you guys how do they rebuild the bench with limited $$$?

Draft - with one of our picks, we need to draft a ready to play Jalen Brunson type to come in and contribute. The days of ring chasing vets joining us on the cheap are long gone as shown by last offseason (see Avery Bradley and Marc Gasol, whom we both pursued).
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,170

Post#65 » by watch1958 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:24 am

Jordan Bell is available.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
WESCO
Head Coach
And1: 977

Post#66 » by WESCO » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:29 am

Bazemore almost made me throw my remote at the TV and wasn't Mulder supposed to be a shooter?
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#67 » by GQ Hot Dog » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:22 am

zimpy27 wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Chriss out since season started.
Wiseman was ruled out for the season.
EP is a bad rebounder so it didn't matter.

Looney is your tallest player and wiggins is second. Myers decided to add small guards rather than get a big.

Dubbs have been a bad rebounding team all season, yet it was never addressed.

Wait a minute, we haven't added any players to this roster since the season started other than GP3's ten day contract. No buyouts, no vet minimums, no undrafted rookies or G-league call ups other than GP3's single ten day contract(which we didn't renew).

This isn't Myers doing, this is Lacob calling the season toast and pulling the purse strings tight. We drafted a center #2 so it's not like Myers isn't willing to invest in rebounding. If we go through next season with the same problems with rebounding I'll concede that Myers is overlooking it but under the circumstances it seems pretty clear this situation isn't of his doing.

Edit: Let's not overlook the Oubre signing. He's an excellent rebounder for his position and has increased his rebounding numbers every year so if rebounding was a goal this off season, he was clearly part of the solution.

If Lacob did all this then why does Myers even have a job?

Clearly Myers has made a lot of mistakes here or at least let mistakes be made.

The team Myers built in the off season is a team that has ended up being a .500 team even without its #2 scorer and without two of its three centers. If we were healthy, we would be quite a bit better.

Since then Myers hasn't made any additions despite guys being available and despite having built a team that is still .500 even when crippled by injuries. Clearly Myers knows what he's doing, knows how to build a winning team but unfortunately due to circumstances out of anyone's control his efforts have yielded not a winning record but about a .500 record.

One would think he would add some front court and scoring help but since he hasn't it seems clear to me that he doesn't have the freedom to spend anymore money and somewhat understandably considering where our payroll is at.

If Myers let mistakes be made, it's in not being able to convince Lacob to spend anymore money and I'll give him a pass on that.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,396

Post#68 » by SpreeChokeJob » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:40 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:
Wait a minute, we haven't added any players to this roster since the season started other than GP3's ten day contract. No buyouts, no vet minimums, no undrafted rookies or G-league call ups other than GP3's single ten day contract(which we didn't renew).

This isn't Myers doing, this is Lacob calling the season toast and pulling the purse strings tight. We drafted a center #2 so it's not like Myers isn't willing to invest in rebounding. If we go through next season with the same problems with rebounding I'll concede that Myers is overlooking it but under the circumstances it seems pretty clear this situation isn't of his doing.

Edit: Let's not overlook the Oubre signing. He's an excellent rebounder for his position and has increased his rebounding numbers every year so if rebounding was a goal this off season, he was clearly part of the solution.

If Lacob did all this then why does Myers even have a job?

Clearly Myers has made a lot of mistakes here or at least let mistakes be made.

The team Myers built in the off season is a team that has ended up being a .500 team even without its #2 scorer and without two of its three centers. If we were healthy, we would be quite a bit better.

Since then Myers hasn't made any additions despite guys being available and despite having built a team that is still .500 even when crippled by injuries. Clearly Myers knows what he's doing, knows how to build a winning team but unfortunately due to circumstances out of anyone's control his efforts have yielded not a winning record but about a .500 record.

One would think he would add some front court and scoring help but since he hasn't it seems clear to me that he doesn't have the freedom to spend anymore money and somewhat understandably considering where our payroll is at.

If Myers let mistakes be made, it's in not being able to convince Lacob to spend anymore money and I'll give him a pass on that.

They are only a 500 team because of one man and his name isn’t Myers or Lacob or Kerr. People have to wake up to reality when Curry is no longer here, the big three mentioned above accomplished things but they also rode the coattails of others. When the training wheels came off people can see they weren’t driving the bike.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#69 » by clyde21 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:22 pm

lol @ myers built a .500 team

this team would be, again, THE worst team in the league without Steph.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,042

Post#70 » by Jester_ » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:07 pm

Ah 36 wins from COTY Kerr. I remember when Keith Smart led sophomore Steph Curry and Dan Gadzuric to 36 wins

Fire this trash ass coach
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#71 » by clyde21 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:25 pm

Jester_ wrote:Ah 36 wins from COTY Kerr. I remember when Keith Smart led sophomore Steph Curry and Dan Gadzuric to 36 wins

Fire this trash ass coach

ya'll literally wanna blame everyone except the man that put this **** roster together... :lol:
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#72 » by and1GS » Sat May 1, 2021 12:02 am

If we're pointing fingers, which seems to be our favorite thing to do, point them at Myers. This team really sucks talent wise and doesn't mesh well. Kerr has at least tried to switch it up throughout the year. Past this year we have a bizarre grab bag of guys to fill 5-10 of our rotation, and most of them are 10th men.

My POV is Myers came into this season saying 'we're looking good baby! let's round out this roster with some vets!' which was a horrible, horrible short sighted approach. Kerr did the same thing and IMO has at least experimented since then.

In other words, I think Myers and Kerr came into the season like this:

And are crawling out like this:
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in

Return to Golden State Warriors