Around the NBA Discussion (20/21)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,030

Re: Around the NBA Discussion (20/21) 

Post#181 » by daoneandonly » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:55 am

Mike lorenzo wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:Lauri Markanan is essentially Charlie Villanueva. Remember that guy? We had him here before, nothing special at all.

While I agree Carlisle deserves some of the blame, the bigger issue is Nelson. There's only so much Rick can do, I mean a chef cant cook a gourmet meal if he's given trash ingredients. Donnie Nelson needs to scout better, plain and simple. Drafting Josh Green because he has international ties when Bey and Bane were on the board is just the start of it.

if it's funny..you chase after a Bey and you look at Tyler ?? .. Big **** in the Draft..Achiuwa, Mcdaniels, Quickley, Maxey, Pritarch etc ... we made the worst possible 1 Round selection, ..along with perhaps the Suns and Knicks

Yea there's no excuse for Green over Saddique, not one scout or analyst had that, but Donnie only looks at guys with international ties, and its going to kill this team. We can even argue Desmond Bane who's doing great in memphis.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#182 » by arkuo » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:51 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Mike lorenzo wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:Lauri Markanan is essentially Charlie Villanueva. Remember that guy? We had him here before, nothing special at all.

While I agree Carlisle deserves some of the blame, the bigger issue is Nelson. There's only so much Rick can do, I mean a chef cant cook a gourmet meal if he's given trash ingredients. Donnie Nelson needs to scout better, plain and simple. Drafting Josh Green because he has international ties when Bey and Bane were on the board is just the start of it.

if it's funny..you chase after a Bey and you look at Tyler ?? .. Big **** in the Draft..Achiuwa, Mcdaniels, Quickley, Maxey, Pritarch etc ... we made the worst possible 1 Round selection, ..along with perhaps the Suns and Knicks

Yea there's no excuse for Green over Saddique, not one scout or analyst had that, but Donnie only looks at guys with international ties, and its going to kill this team. We can even argue Desmond Bane who's doing great in memphis.

It goes back to Donnie being as dumb as a rock.

His old man scored big and made a name with a German draftee back in 98, he's trying to do the same until he hits the jackpot. Thing is, junior here is a dud. Has been doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. From Mo Ager to Satnam Singh. You name it.
Absinthe
Pro Prospect
And1: 452

Post#183 » by Absinthe » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:23 am

To be fair, Green could be good. He simply doesn’t get playing time because he’s essentially behind Reddick, Brunson, THJ, and Richardson. There’s too much guard depth and even if you slot him in at SF he’s behind Luka and DFS (and other players depending on line ups).

Nelson has whiffed in the draft, no doubt, but Brunson and DFS have been solid picks. And he orchestrated the trade for Luka. So it’s a mix of bad and good.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#184 » by HMFFL » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:34 am

Kevin Porter Jr scored 50pts and has 11ast tonight vs Milwaukee.

It's ashame we never pursued him when we had the chance.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,813

Post#185 » by dirkforpres » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:32 am

HMFFL wrote:Kevin Porter Jr scored 50pts and has 11ast tonight vs Milwaukee.

It's a shame we never pursued him when we had the chance.

It’s what you should expect from our lazy do-nothing GM
FIRE JASON KIDD
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#186 » by ejs78 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:05 am

Can you give me an estimate on when Giannis will return from his ankle injury?
dirkforpres wrote:

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#187 » by dirkforpres » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:54 am

ejs78 wrote:Can you give me an estimate on when Giannis will return from his ankle injury?
dirkforpres wrote:

Before KP will, since Giannis isn’t made of tissue paper
FIRE JASON KIDD
Golden Knight
Analyst
And1: 4,965

Post#188 » by Golden Knight » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:40 am

dirkforpres wrote:

[/url]

Did anyone actually want him after all his major off-court troubles?

There's a reason he was traded for a top-55-pick protected 2nd rounder (most likely will never convey).
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#189 » by HMFFL » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:35 pm

Golden Knight wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

[/url]

Did anyone actually want him after all his major off-court troubles?

There's a reason he was traded for a top-55-pick protected 2nd rounder (most likely will never convey).
Yes, I created a thread about it once he was released.

daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,030

Post#190 » by daoneandonly » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:51 pm

dirkforpres wrote:

The FO deserves a lot of flack, but not for this one. Character matters, and KPJ has proven on multiple occasions he doesn't have any.
dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#191 » by dirkforpres » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:16 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

The FO deserves a lot of flack, but not for this one. Character matters, and KPJ has proven on multiple occasions he doesn't have any.

But they have no problem signing Parsons inside of a nightclub, trading for Noel/KP/Odom/Rondo, or keeping a guy on the payroll for nearly 2 years after a sexual harassment claim.

This front office has never cared about character red flags and for a team that has so few tradeable young assets, they sure do take a lackadaisical approach to acquiring anyone that could potentially change that
FIRE JASON KIDD
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#192 » by ejs78 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:22 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

But they have no problem signing Parsons inside of a nightclub, trading for Noel/KP/Odom/Rondo, or keeping a guy on the payroll for nearly 2 years after a sexual harassment claim.

This front office has never cared about character red flags and for a team that has so few tradeable young assets, they sure do take a lackadaisical approach to acquiring anyone that could potentially change that
Biggest part of the whole Kevin Porter trade is the Rockets have John Lucas and the rest of the league doesn't.

But hey whatever gives you a chance to rip the team right

dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#193 » by dirkforpres » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:36 pm

ejs78 wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Biggest part of the whole Kevin Porter trade is the Rockets have John Lucas and the rest of the league doesn't.

Looks like someone still has their rose-colored glasses on. It’s not a pessimistic POV, it’s a realistic POV.

But yeah ok buddy if it makes you feel better to think that the Mavs supposedly have the best coach, deepest bench, most consistent role players, best GM, that KP is a steal with that contract, and that Josh Green is the hidden gem of the entire rookie class then feel free to continue setting yourself up for disappointment.. It’s a free country
FIRE JASON KIDD
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#194 » by ejs78 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:13 pm

This from the "doctor" who immediately said KP would be out 6 weeks lol

Go back and look at what I've said about the team and this offseason I've been pretty realistic.

Been pointed out by others too you only come around during losses to crap on the team
dirkforpres wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

Looks like someone still has their rose-colored glasses on. It’s not a pessimistic POV, it’s a realistic POV.

But yeah ok buddy if it makes you feel better to think that the Mavs supposedly have the best coach, deepest bench, most consistent role players, best GM, that KP is a steal with that contract, and that Josh Green is the hidden gem of the entire rookie class then feel free to continue setting yourself up for disappointment.. It’s a free country

dirkforpres
RealGM

Post#195 » by dirkforpres » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:34 pm

ejs78 wrote:This from the "doctor" who immediately said KP would be out 6 weeks lol

Go back and look at what I've said about the team and this offseason I've been pretty realistic.

Been pointed out by others too you only come around during losses to crap on the team
dirkforpres wrote:
ejs78 wrote:Biggest part of the whole Kevin Porter trade is the Rockets have John Lucas and the rest of the league doesn't.

He should have been out for weeks, and the Mavs brass moronically rushing him back to ultimately “return” for 2 quarters before another injury backs that up. Since they can do no wrong by you and are the most brilliant minds on the planet though, I’m sure you disagree. All hail Donnie Nelson, Rick Carlisle, Casey Smith, and Mark Cuban! Greatest thinkers of the 21st century!
FIRE JASON KIDD
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#196 » by ejs78 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:45 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
ejs78 wrote:This from the "doctor" who immediately said KP would be out 6 weeks lol

dirkforpres wrote:

He should have been out for weeks, and the Mavs brass moronically rushing him back to ultimately “return” for 2 quarters before another injury backs that up. Since they can do no wrong by you and are the most brilliant minds on the planet though, I’m sure you disagree. All hail Donnie Nelson, Rick Carlisle, Casey Smith, and Mark Cuban! Greatest thinkers of the 21st century!
Hilarious that you know better than the medical staff which includes Casey Smith who was good enough that team USA had him on when KP should have come back. Where did you get your medical degree from?

Once again I've never said all hail those guys but this is what you do

41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,794

Post#197 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu May 20, 2021 5:44 am

I watched GS-Lakers...not a good game at all, GS is only Steph. Green ever left wide open and never score.
Lakers are worse than last year i think but they can win Finals anyway.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,794

Post#198 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun May 30, 2021 10:24 pm

Davis out at the start of 3th quarter, Lakers lost game 4 easily.

Very bad game, CP3 win the game alone in the second half...other Suns are mediocre, Lakers aren't better and have low IQ basketball players.

Matthews seems done, what a trash game for him.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#199 » by HMFFL » Mon May 31, 2021 2:14 am

41Dirk41 wrote:Davis out at the start of 3th quarter, Lakers lost game 4 easily.

Very bad game, CP3 win the game alone in the second half...other Suns are mediocre, Lakers aren't better and have low IQ basketball players.

Matthews seems done, what a trash game for him.
Good for Phoenix! Win the next one too.

Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,336

Post#200 » by Mavrelous » Mon May 31, 2021 5:51 am

Yeah the Lakers are in trouble, Booker is not a 1st option, them beating the Suns w/o CP3 is nothing impressive, and anytime CP3 played relatively healthy they were destroyed.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down

Return to Dallas Mavericks