Around The NBA

Moderator: ijspeelman

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#301 » by Stillwater » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:09 pm

toooskies wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Make as many excuses as you want about this org did all they needed to do to repair the problems with KPJ but Koby is a fool

So are 28 other GMs in the league for not offering more

Every mf on earth knew KPJ was troubled and I respected the Cavs for not being little b's like every team that passed on him and taking him at 30th knowing his upside as an iso scorer. Then instead of doing what they should have and grinned and took it when the going got tough they flipped him for nothing. It has nothing nothin nothing to do with trade value everyone knew CLE wouldnt get sht for him after the bs coming out of this teams insider reporters like Fedor. Does that mean you trade him? no it means you keep him let him score 50 on the Cavs roster and then you fkn trade him if neither party can get along.
I am sick and fkn tired of fans so in love with whatever the org does
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#302 » by JonFromVA » Sat May 1, 2021 5:38 pm

Stillwater wrote:
toooskies wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Make as many excuses as you want about this org did all they needed to do to repair the problems with KPJ but Koby is a fool

So are 28 other GMs in the league for not offering more

Every mf on earth knew KPJ was troubled and I respected the Cavs for not being little b's like every team that passed on him and taking him at 30th knowing his upside as an iso scorer. Then instead of doing what they should have and grinned and took it when the going got tough they flipped him for nothing. It has nothing nothin nothing to do with trade value everyone knew CLE wouldnt get sht for him after the bs coming out of this teams insider reporters like Fedor. Does that mean you trade him? no it means you keep him let him score 50 on the Cavs roster and then you fkn trade him if neither party can get along.

The Houston board is still waiting for you.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#303 » by Stillwater » Sat May 1, 2021 7:56 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
toooskies wrote:So are 28 other GMs in the league for not offering more

you say I don't deal with facts and yet 50 and 11 is staring you down
the fact is you support your org with all your being and love them like a child loves a puppy
here is my advice for you: get a job in another field Koby
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#304 » by JonFromVA » Sat May 1, 2021 8:15 pm

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Every mf on earth knew KPJ was troubled and I respected the Cavs for not being little b's like every team that passed on him and taking him at 30th knowing his upside as an iso scorer. Then instead of doing what they should have and grinned and took it when the going got tough they flipped him for nothing. It has nothing nothin nothing to do with trade value everyone knew CLE wouldnt get sht for him after the bs coming out of this teams insider reporters like Fedor. Does that mean you trade him? no it means you keep him let him score 50 on the Cavs roster and then you fkn trade him if neither party can get along.

the fact is you support your org with all your being and love them like a child loves a puppy

What was KPJ doing the game before?

Go cheer for your boy elsewhere.

Even Houston fans aren't as excited as you. Accept the challenge and show them the way before the Rockets dump Porter Jr out of fear he'll be a bad influence on their lottery pick.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,086

Post#305 » by jbk1234 » Sun May 2, 2021 3:46 pm

Last I checked the Rockets have the worst record in the NBA.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#306 » by Stillwater » Mon May 3, 2021 1:21 am

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

Even Houston fans aren't as excited as you. Accept the challenge and show them the way before the Rockets dump Porter Jr out of fear he'll be a bad influence on their lottery pick.

he is not my boy
this org however is clearly you're daddy
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#307 » by JonFromVA » Mon May 3, 2021 2:32 am

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:you say I don't deal with facts and yet 50 and 11 is staring you down

he is not my boy

Stick to your opinions .. facts and truths are beyond your grasp.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#308 » by Stillwater » Mon May 3, 2021 4:50 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

he is not my boy

You are the horses ass for pretending your opinions are truth
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#309 » by JonFromVA » Mon May 3, 2021 5:58 pm

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:he is not my boy

How would you know? Your grasp on reality is tenuous at best.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#310 » by Stillwater » Mon May 3, 2021 6:39 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

wrong. Your obvious opinion of me is that I am speculating everything where you in fact are clearly basing much of your
claims off of the front office pr bs.
I would imagine there is little chance you will ever understand how much I actually know given the level of disrespect you display on a regular basis. Thats alright you are now on ignore I am done with you
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#311 » by JonFromVA » Mon May 3, 2021 7:09 pm

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

wrong. Your obvious opinion of me is that I am speculating everything where you in fact are clearly basing much of your
claims off of the front office pr bs.
I would imagine there is little chance you will ever understand how much I actually know given the level of disrespect you display on a regular basis. Thats alright you are now on ignore I am done with you

It's not an opinion to believe you speculate about everything, it's an observation. You never give facts and you always ignore the facts other people show you.

You can't even be bothered to be consistent ... you accuse me of not understanding how knowledgeable you are, yet assume my claims are based off of front office pr bs?

I look forward to your non-reply. 8-)
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#312 » by jbk1234 » Tue May 4, 2021 1:33 am

Okay, that's enough. There's an ignore feature.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#313 » by Stillwater » Mon May 10, 2021 5:41 pm

JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#314 » by JonFromVA » Mon May 10, 2021 6:45 pm

This also opens up a position on the coaching staff. As nice as it would be to add a former Cavs player to the staff, they really should be using it more strategically to bring someone in to run the offense or defense.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#315 » by Stillwater » Mon May 24, 2021 11:51 pm

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2939791-jordan-clarkson-wins-2020-21-nba-sixth-man-of-the-year-award-over-rose-ingles
Key part of contender never liked him signing with Klutch but was always a backer of his prior to that
Read on Twitter
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#316 » by JonFromVA » Wed Jun 2, 2021 5:48 pm

So, Danny Ainge may just be retiring on paper. He might be considering new offers. I would have been super interested in snagging Brad Stevens if he was the one the Celtics gave up on, but Ainge at least deserves a moment of thought as an experienced GM and culture setter that we've lacked.

The fact he'd be coming from Boston is disgusting, but I suppose I could get over that as sort of a reversal of losing Bill Fitch to those guys. The black spots on his record as a dirty dealer would seem to be the main concern. Of course he's also been criticized for holding on to his assets too tightly and for signing Kemba ... but he hires good coaches and he's created competitive teams, even won a championship without tanking.

Also consider he probably wouldn't come in as our GM, we'd probably slot him in over Altman as President of Basketball Ops, so he might not even be dealing with other GMs directly.

But we're not going to get an experienced FO person like Ainge to join the organization unless the Cavs can convince him that Dan is in no place to meddle with the team and is ready to or literally has no choice but to step back.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#317 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:12 pm

JonFromVA wrote:So, Danny Ainge may just be retiring on paper. He might be considering new offers. I would have been super interested in snagging Brad Stevens if he was the one the Celtics gave up on, but Ainge at least deserves a moment of thought as an experienced GM and culture setter that we've lacked.

The fact he'd be coming from Boston is disgusting, but I suppose I could get over that as sort of a reversal of losing Bill Fitch to those guys. The black spots on his record as a dirty dealer would seem to be the main concern. Of course he's also been criticized for holding on to his assets too tightly and for signing Kemba ... but he hires good coaches and he's created competitive teams, even won a championship without tanking.

Also consider he probably wouldn't come in as our GM, we'd probably slot him in over Altman as President of Basketball Ops, so he might not even be dealing with other GMs directly.

But we're not going to get an experienced FO person like Ainge to join the organization unless the Cavs can convince him that Dan is in no place to meddle with the team and is ready to or literally has no choice but to step back.
My concern with Ainge is his perception among players after the the IT trade. He's also made some statements regarding players talking about social issues and/or politics that I'm sure the players found off putting.

In addition, I think his reputation precedes him, fairly or not, among potential trade partners. I think he's damaged goods tbh.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#318 » by JonFromVA » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:27 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:So, Danny Ainge may just be retiring on paper. He might be considering new offers. I would have been super interested in snagging Brad Stevens if he was the one the Celtics gave up on, but Ainge at least deserves a moment of thought as an experienced GM and culture setter that we've lacked.

My concern with Ainge is his perception among players after the the IT trade. He's also made some statements regarding players talking about social issues and/or politics that I'm sure the players found off putting.

In addition, I think his reputation precedes him, fairly or not, among potential trade partners. I think he's damaged goods tbh.

It would certainly hurt in terms of using our POBO as a player recruiting tool, but in terms of vision, strategy, and team-building it would be an upgrade. Anyway, sounds like Utah might be where he ends up.

These opportunities to add a successful executive are few and far between, and it would be nice if DG was at least considering spending on something that could make a huge difference without hurting our cap.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#319 » by jbk1234 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 11:46 am

JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

It would certainly hurt in terms of using our POBO as a player recruiting tool, but in terms of vision, strategy, and team-building it would be an upgrade. Anyway, sounds like Utah might be where he ends up.

These opportunities to add a successful executive are few and far between, and it would be nice if DG was at least considering spending on something that could make a huge difference without hurting our cap.
The entirety of his success is linked to two very lopsided trades and neither McHale nor Billy King are around to trade with anymore. The Celtics ownership group is on record as saying that they made Ainge go back and ask for more picks, twice, in that Nets trade.

But I'd argue that the record for his long term vision is a bit mixed, and that's putting it charitably. It's no secret that he was hording draft capital for AD. He didn't really have a plan B and the Celtics have been looking for a good big man since they shipped out KG. He burned through Brown and Tatum's rookie deals without adding that young big. Kyrie, Horford and Hayward walked for nothing.

His best attribute was in getting guys already on the roster to buy into signing team friendly deals, and after what happened with IT, I think that's over.

But he's not leaving the Celtics in a great spot. They're a tax team that's on the clock with Smart's contract. Their starting PG is on the wrong side of 30, has bad knees, and two years left on a max deal. His later lottery picks are meh and have limited trade value. Part of me wonders if he pulled a Morey here and left before he had to pay a small ransom to get off of Kemba's deal.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#320 » by JonFromVA » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:35 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:My concern with Ainge is his perception among players after the the IT trade. He's also made some statements regarding players talking about social issues and/or politics that I'm sure the players found off putting.

The entirety of his success is linked to two very lopsided trades and neither McHale nor Billy King are around to trade with anymore. The Celtics ownership group is on record as saying that they made Ainge go back and ask for more picks, twice, in that Nets trade.

But I'd argue that the record for his long term vision is a bit mixed, and that's putting it charitably. It's no secret that he was hording draft capital for AD. He didn't really have a plan B and the Celtics have been looking for a good big man since they shipped out KG. He burned through Brown and Tatum's rookie deals without adding that young big. Kyrie, Horford and Hayward walked for nothing.

His best attribute was in getting guys already on the roster to buy into signing team friendly deals, and after what happened with IT, I think that's over.

But he's not leaving the Celtics in a great spot. They're a tax team that's on the clock with Smart's contract. Their starting PG is on the wrong side of 30, has bad knees, and two years left on a max deal. His later lottery picks are meh and have limited trade value. Part of me wonders if he pulled a Morey here and left before he had to pay a small ransom to get off of Kemba's deal.

lol, I'm not going to waste my time advocating any further for Ainge; other than to point out that maybe we shouldn't be so picky and choosy until Koby Altman has shown he can construct even one 48-win team, let alone 10 of them.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers