Image ImageImage Image

Cap Space+Realistic Targets this Summer

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Re: Cap Space+Realistic Targets this Summer 

Post#101 » by sco » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:17 pm

MrSparkle wrote:With Vuc here, I don’t think this team can go into another year expecting a committee of Zach, Coby, Sato and Thad to deliver him the ball. I don’t think a MLE point will cut it.

I didn’t see Coby playing much better (last night) than any of his better games in the first half of the season. I saw Temple out there controlling pace and making simple, good entry passes.

They need to a good conventional PG. And it’s obviously a tricky crop to select from. AKME need to nail their pickup. Lonzo and Schroder are the obvious names; there will be movement elsewhere on the market. We have no idea what happens in the post-season; 1st/2nd round disappointments (14 teams are gonna be fishing, plus the play-ins) are going to probably shuffle their decks.

I would love to keep Temple on a vet min deal. An alternate approach to consider is to essentially get rid of the PG role, let Zach do the playmaking and add a 3&D guy to the starting line-up. If we can't find one, maybe start Brown. Zach, Brown, PWill, Theis, Vuc will hurt our scoring, but do WONDERS for our defense. It would also quasi-force PWill into a bigger role on offense, which, let's face it, is the only way we are likely to get our 3rd star.
:clap:
CobyWhite0
Rookie
And1: 819

Post#102 » by CobyWhite0 » Sat May 1, 2021 12:54 am

I'm bumping this because I am still reading posts that insist "the Bulls can't have max cap space this summer".

It's been 100% proven beyond any shadow of a doubt that the Bulls CAN have max cap space this summer, but apparently some people missed this thread.

If you want to do the work yourself, go to the Capulator and see for yourself.

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?id=15588734986069ed1d37630681412514
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#103 » by Leslie Forman » Sat May 1, 2021 1:24 am

CobyWhite0 wrote:I'm bumping this because I am still reading posts that insist "the Bulls can't have max cap space this summer".

It's been 100% proven beyond any shadow of a doubt that the Bulls CAN have max cap space this summer, but apparently some people missed this thread.

If you want to do the work yourself, go to the Capulator and see for yourself.

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?id=15588734986069ed1d37630681412514

If Kawhi Leonard, the only free agent actually worth giving a max, actually comes to Chicago, I will literally change my legal name to Leslie Forman.
Brybeck01
Junior
And1: 39

Post#104 » by Brybeck01 » Sat May 1, 2021 1:58 am

We' have to trade assets to clear Sato, Young, and Aminu. And renounce some talent while letting Theiss walk.

Thats too much risk for only one superstar who isn't coming to Chicago.

More likely a trade or sign and trade for a playmaker
CobyWhite0
Rookie
And1: 819

Post#105 » by CobyWhite0 » Sat May 1, 2021 3:41 am

Brybeck01 wrote:We' have to trade assets to clear Sato, Young, and Aminu. And renounce some talent while letting Theiss walk.

Thats too much risk for only one superstar who isn't coming to Chicago.

More likely a trade or sign and trade for a playmaker

No, we wouldn't. That is a 100% LIE. False. Not true.

I thought I explained that in very, very simple terms, but apparently I was 100% wrong.

I'm 100% finished posting the same FACTS over and over and over and over and over and over and over, when people just keep on ignoring what is basic, simple CBA and basic, simple math.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#106 » by Am2626 » Sat May 1, 2021 4:51 am

rozzman wrote:Bulls might better work a S&T.

IMO they could send two of either Lauri, Coby, Sato, Aminu, Young or PW in exchange for a very good PG.

That probably makes the most sense. Now the question is who is that PG?
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#107 » by ChettheJet » Sat May 1, 2021 3:17 pm

They could clear space to sign one big FA but who is out there that helps them?

It will take some wheeling and dealing to get players that will really help, most of the current roster is already going out the door and several more might as well. I’d like to get down to Lavine, Vucevic, Williams, Brown, Temple, Theis and maybe Aminu. See what White, Markkanen, Young, Satoransky, Valentine could bring and go from there.

You have to look at what some teams have, what they could draft and who they might want to get rid of to find some additional space.

From seeing who played against the Bulls and who always seem to be on the block, wondering if teams have soured on guys they drafted I'd look at PJ Washington, Marvin Bagley, I wonder if a Lavine/Huerter backourt couldn't handle the ball, Bogdanovic, Hunter, Redish, Culver, Layman, Clarke, Winslow, Bertans, Norman Powell, just to start the list. I just think that once teams draft kids they might be ready to move on from guys before they get to where they have to extend them for big money

Return to Chicago Bulls