Game 63: Washington Wizards (28-34) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (21-41) - 7:30PM 

Post#1 » by ducler » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:17 pm

Read on Twitter
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Game 63: Washington Wizards (28-34) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (21-41) - 7:30PM 

Post#2 » by Stillwater » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:03 pm

I wonder what bitch move Koby has lined up next...maybe he trades Allen for a typewriter this summer or Sexton for a 2" taller sg that cant score but sure can look bigger
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,370

Post#3 » by JonFromVA » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:28 pm

Stillwater wrote:I wonder what bitch move Koby has lined up next...maybe he trades Allen for a typewriter this summer or Sexton for a 2" taller sg that cant score but sure can look bigger

Garland and our 1st round pick for Porter Jr should make you happy.
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,793

Post#4 » by yoyoboy » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:59 pm

Losing the game but a good performance from Garland is what I’m hoping for tonight.

Who are you guys hoping we draft this year? It seems like we have a lot of question marks with the team that can really affect our strategy in the draft.

Can Garland and Sexton play together long term and if not, which guy do we prefer?
Is Okoro even worth considering when thinking about what position we draft?
Is Jarrett Allen the long term solution to center?

For me personally, I prefer Garland and think he’s our PG of the future, while Sexton should either take a super scorer bench role or be traded at some point. I think Allen is a good enough center where we probably shouldn’t look to draft a center. And I don’t think Okoro is a building block for the future.

So I’m looking at:

1. Mobley (think he’s a PF in the NBA)
2. Cunningham (SG in the NBA)
3. Barnes
4. Kuminga
5. Green
6. Moody

In that order. Barnes and Kuminga are definitely works in progress when it comes to scoring the ball and so the offense which already sucks could be really tough to watch, but it’s hard to ignore their potential. Green to me just seems to present a lot of the same issues we already have with the Sexton-Garland pairing. He’s also a natural three-level efficient scorer but the defense and playmaking leave a lot to be desired.

Cunningham’s size, shooting, and playmaking from the SG position would be a breath of fresh air on this team. And Mobley to me is just by far the best prospect in the draft and his defense, size, and playmaking would instantly help. The only potential problem is how he fits next to Allen, and to me it all depends on his his shooting progresses.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#5 » by JonFromVA » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:39 pm

yoyoboy wrote:Losing the game but a good performance from Garland is what I’m hoping for tonight.

Who are you guys hoping we draft this year? It seems like we have a lot of question marks with the team that can really affect our strategy in the draft.

Can Garland and Sexton play together long term and if not, which guy do we prefer?

For me personally, I prefer Garland and think he’s our PG of the future, while Sexton should either take a super scorer bench role or be traded at some point. I think Allen is a good enough center where we probably shouldn’t look to draft a center. And I don’t think Okoro is a building block for the future.

So I’m looking at:

3. Barnes
4. Kuminga
5. Green
6. Moody

In that order. Barnes and Kuminga are definitely works in progress when it comes to scoring the ball and so the offense which already sucks could be really tough to watch, but it’s hard to ignore their potential. Green to me just seems to present a lot of the same issues we already have with the Sexton-Garland pairing. He’s also a natural three-level efficient scorer but the defense and playmaking leave a lot to be desired.

Cunningham’s size, shooting, and playmaking from the SG position would be a breath of fresh air on this team. And Mobley to me is just by far the best prospect in the draft and his defense, size, and playmaking would instantly help. The only potential problem is how he fits next to Allen, and to me it all depends on his his shooting progresses.

I'll start to care more when we know where we're drafting, but at the moment, I'm favoring Cunningham over Mobley.

Green seems to be about Okoro's size? Or is that being questioned?

If Isaac somehow adds 20lbs of muscle this Summer, he might be able to play PF ...
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#6 » by Stillwater » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:11 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:I wonder what bitch move Koby has lined up next...maybe he trades Allen for a typewriter this summer or Sexton for a 2" taller sg that cant score but sure can look bigger

nothing this org does would make me happy at this point but clearly you are happy with whatever bs they feed you
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
yoyoboy
RealGM

Post#7 » by yoyoboy » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:36 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:Losing the game but a good performance from Garland is what I’m hoping for tonight.

So I’m looking at:

3. Barnes
4. Kuminga
5. Green
6. Moody

I'll start to care more when we know where we're drafting, but at the moment, I'm favoring Cunningham over Mobley.

If Isaac somehow adds 20lbs of muscle this Summer, he might be able to play PF ...

Isaac is way too small. The issue isn’t strength with him. It’s his lack of height/length, which makes it difficult for him to defend all the long wings in this league. The guy is really about 6’4. And 3.3 rebounds per 36 minutes is just terrible for a SF so we would get obliterated on the boards if he played PF.

Realistically he’s a SG on defense. But he doesn’t have the on-ball skills or shooting ability to be a guard. He just wasn’t a very good pick in my opinion. When drafting a project on offense, you expect him to be some 6’9 uber athletic guy who can defend multiple positions, not an undersized wing who can only defend one position. If he can manage to turn into a solid bench role player, I’ll be happy.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#8 » by JonFromVA » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:06 pm

yoyoboy wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

So I’m looking at:

3. Barnes
4. Kuminga
5. Green
6. Moody

Isaac is way too small. The issue isn’t strength with him. It’s his lack of height/length, which makes it difficult for him to defend all the long wings in this league. The guy is really about 6’4. And 3.3 rebounds per 36 minutes is just terrible for a SF so we would get obliterated on the boards if he played PF.

Realistically he’s a SG on defense. But he doesn’t have the on-ball skills or shooting ability to be a guard. He just wasn’t a very good pick in my opinion. When drafting a project on offense, you expect him to be some 6’9 uber athletic guy who can defend multiple positions, not an undersized wing who can only defend one position. If he can manage to turn into a solid bench role player, I’ll be happy.

Why do you not believe his official measurement 6'5" / 6'6" in shoes?

Admittedly his wingspan and reach are more average than exceptional ... whereas PJ Tucker who actually is the height you believe Okoro is, has an exceptional 7ft wingspan in addition to being 20lbs heavier.

Anyway, too much talent is a problem I'd be happy to entertain.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#9 » by JonFromVA » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:14 pm

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

nothing this org does would make me happy at this point but clearly you are happy with whatever bs they feed you

How would you know? You don't deal in truths.
yoyoboy
RealGM

Post#10 » by yoyoboy » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:20 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

Admittedly his wingspan and reach are more average than exceptional ... whereas PJ Tucker who actually is the height you believe Okoro is, has an exceptional 7ft wingspan in addition to being 20lbs heavier.

Just watching him on the court this season, I don’t believe the 6’6 measurement one bit and most Cavs fans seem to agree his height is inflated.

Sexton measured 6’1.5 in shoes at the combine. Are you telling me Okoro is 4.5 inches taller? It’s nonsense.

Every time Okoro has to guard a wing who’s measured at 6’6-6’8 he’s absolutely dwarfed by them. If he had a 6’11-7 ft wingspan it wouldn’t be as big of a deal but with a 6’8.5 wingspan and an 8’4.5 standing reach, he’s smaller than John Wall in wingspan/standing reach despite being a SF instead of a PG.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,081

Post#11 » by jbk1234 » Sat May 1, 2021 2:11 am

So I’m looking at:

3. Barnes
4. Kuminga
5. Green
6. Moody

I'm Mobley, Cade, or trade back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,081

Post#12 » by jbk1234 » Sat May 1, 2021 2:12 am

yoyoboy wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:Isaac is way too small. The issue isn’t strength with him. It’s his lack of height/length, which makes it difficult for him to defend all the long wings in this league. The guy is really about 6’4. And 3.3 rebounds per 36 minutes is just terrible for a SF so we would get obliterated on the boards if he played PF.

Just watching him on the court this season, I don’t believe the 6’6 measurement one bit and most Cavs fans seem to agree his height is inflated.

Sexton measured 6’1.5 in shoes at the combine. Are you telling me Okoro is 4.5 inches taller? It’s nonsense.

Every time Okoro has to guard a wing who’s measured at 6’6-6’8 he’s absolutely dwarfed by them. If he had a 6’11-7 ft wingspan it wouldn’t be as big of a deal but with a 6’8.5 wingspan and an 8’4.5 standing reach, he’s smaller than John Wall in wingspan/standing reach despite being a SF instead of a PG.
I mean you're including 4 inches of Sexton's hair in this photo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#13 » by JonFromVA » Sat May 1, 2021 5:22 pm

yoyoboy wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:Isaac is way too small. The issue isn’t strength with him. It’s his lack of height/length, which makes it difficult for him to defend all the long wings in this league. The guy is really about 6’4. And 3.3 rebounds per 36 minutes is just terrible for a SF so we would get obliterated on the boards if he played PF.

Even though you found a great picture showing Isaac and Collin standing upright with their feet on the floor, photos can still be deceptive. For instance, if we're going to believe that Isaac is maybe only 1" taller than Collin from that photo, we'd also have to believe that Collin's head is about twice as large.

There's a fairly long record backing up the 6'6" (in shoes) measurement I won't easily dismiss.

But I expect Isaac to improve a great deal guarding the better SF's next season and that he'll start doing more than just bothering them. Perimeter defense doesn't revolve around going for blocks, but other stuff like denying them the ball, making them work for their shot, standing ground, knowing and keeping them away from their sweet spots, and getting a hand in their face when the shoot.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers