Image ImageImage Image

GT - Bulls v Bucks - 4/30 7 PM CST

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,355

Re: GT - Bulls v Bucks - 4/30 7 PM CST 

Post#101 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sat May 1, 2021 3:12 am

CobyWhite0 wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:

This team has become a negative feedback loop. I thought the team was making strides towards being a winning team before the trade. But after the trade it seems like the team reset Thee sum of the players is lesser than the individuals.

Let's see if the culture can switch this off-season. PWill is like Lauri where he'll be a team player and is content on being in the background. Let's see if the team can organically push him next year to work towards being great.

That could be it. And I get that. He is 19. But he also willingly just is content to do nothing. He is making no imprint in the game.

Young players are usually - trigger happy. Or make alot of mistakes. Or fouls alot etc.

Pat does NONE of those things. He just makes no activity.

The fact that Aminu came in and he is active and chucking up shots just shows you how bad it is. Im just frustrated

Agreed with the bolded, but I'm not sure why anyone would be upset that Mr. Patrick Williams shows none of those negative qualities?

"Mr. Patrick Williams, can you please make more mistakes and commit more fouls" doesn't seem like something any GM would ever say.

IMO, he seems to be smart enough not to make stupid plays, and I'm happy with that.

Wait are you not seeing what people have been saying for weeks? What announcers and media have been saying about Pat, like the whole month of April? He has been extremely passive in games. Not even taking shots.

Since you big on stats, see for yourself. Im done talking about it.
The Cult of Personality
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,355

Post#102 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sat May 1, 2021 3:16 am

I think the most frustrating part about all of this, is in the offseason the nightmare will probably continue when we dont have our pick and we have Lauri and Theis go for nothing.

And honestly the frustrating part is, normally around this time, rookies and young players are actually improving around this time. Something to give you hope going into next year.

Last year it was Coby down the stretch.
Wendell was playing well before he got injured.
And we all know of Lauri's heroics in his rookie year.

Its very discouraging having Pat move backwards down the stretch.

Well Bears fans felt like this in the offseason and got sometihng to feel good about again. I hope it happens for us too.
The Cult of Personality
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,100

Post#103 » by cool007 » Sat May 1, 2021 3:18 am

If we were going to get Theis like this, we didn't actually need to trade for Vuc then. I would take Theis as a center instead any day.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,545

Post#104 » by Ice Man » Sat May 1, 2021 3:32 am

I had a hard time watching this game. Each team was missing its most exciting player, the Bucks were kinda meh from having flown back from Houston last night plus not being fired up to play against a team that they always beat, and we were worse than meh.

My main takeaway was that Bobby Portis played some very good two-way basketball. He never defended like that when in Chicago. So many players come into their own 6 or 7 years into the league, after they have left the team that drafted them.
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,694

Post#105 » by SfBull » Sat May 1, 2021 3:32 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:Im like off the Pat Williams bandwagon right now. At least for this year.

Back to reality.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#106 » by SfBull » Sat May 1, 2021 3:35 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:Im like off the Pat Williams bandwagon right now. At least for this year.

Almost every time I look at him he is standing in one place. Just standing there. Never cutting, never moving hard off the ball. He needs a fire lit under him. He just doesn't play with any fire at all. In fact, this whole team plays without fire. It's really sickening. I hate to keep bringing up the Knicks but it's like night and day watching the two teams. The Knicks just play inspired ball and they just get after it. You never see them standing around waiting for something to happen. They make it happen.

Bench him ,let he earn his minutes ,maybe he can play less passively.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#107 » by SfBull » Sat May 1, 2021 3:38 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:

This team has become a negative feedback loop. I thought the team was making strides towards being a winning team before the trade. But after the trade it seems like the team reset Thee sum of the players is lesser than the individuals.

Let's see if the culture can switch this off-season. PWill is like Lauri where he'll be a team player and is content on being in the background. Let's see if the team can organically push him next year to work towards being great.

That could be it. And I get that. He is 19. But he also willingly just is content to do nothing. He is making no imprint in the game.

Young players are usually - trigger happy. Or make alot of mistakes. Or fouls alot etc.

The fact that Aminu came in and he is active and chucking up shots just shows you how bad it is. Im just frustrated

Frustration occurs because we're expecting something he can't deliver, drafting him high could have been a wrong choice.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#108 » by WindyCityBorn » Sat May 1, 2021 3:42 am

MJPipRose wrote:We've got low offensive upside players and not enough urgency. Team doesn’t wanna make the play-in

The team is out of post-season already. We are not catching Washington.
dukeespn
Senior
And1: 506

Post#109 » by dukeespn » Sat May 1, 2021 3:42 am

PWill gives me more disappointment as season goes on. At least he should have commanded the ball more and attacked to the basket if he didn't want to shoot open 3s. Especially when both LaVine & Lauri were out. Instead of playing aggressively he got into "bystander" mode as usual while the Bulls desperately need buckets.

Another game Vuc showed no efforts on defensive end. He was what 0-6 or 0-7 before he made first buckets and even after he hitted some shots he really couldn't defend Lopez at all.

Nobody misses Wendell and yet some stupid fans who fall in love with the Vuc trade keep beating the scrarecrows lol.

Instead of Wendell I really miss our TWO future FRPs. Those picks were the only chance we can get future playmaker of the team. Now we have only 20-23M capspace and only one tradable picks in next 6-7 years. How do you get reliable PG with those little assets? What PG will come to this team that is trying to be the typical 10th-11th team in the Weak East?

Yet delusional AK rushed to get into win-now mode just to compete for the 10th-11th spot in the East while this team has no true PG or wings.  Seriously this team has 7-8 bigs on the roster if you think Aminu and PWill's natural positon is 4.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#110 » by WindyCityBorn » Sat May 1, 2021 3:43 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:

Almost every time I look at him he is standing in one place. Just standing there. Never cutting, never moving hard off the ball. He needs a fire lit under him. He just doesn't play with any fire at all. In fact, this whole team plays without fire. It's really sickening. I hate to keep bringing up the Knicks but it's like night and day watching the two teams. The Knicks just play inspired ball and they just get after it. You never see them standing around waiting for something to happen. They make it happen.

I thought LaVine being out was supposed to make everyone one better?
Bullflip
Assistant Coach
And1: 846

Post#111 » by Bullflip » Sat May 1, 2021 4:05 am

I think it’s pretty clear that our team as constructed is not going to go anywhere. I get why they did the Vic trade because they wanted to show Lavine that they are making an effort to put some pieces around him with him as the main guy. Lavine is not going to stick around for a couple more draft picks to wait and develop, so they shifted to a win now mode. They gambled and I don’t think it’s working. Maybe it will change after a full offseason to work. I personally don’t think a team led by Lavine will go anywhere. If I was AK, I would just blow up the team and start fresh with his own players and build the team.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#112 » by WindyCityBorn » Sat May 1, 2021 4:14 am

Bullflip wrote:I think it’s pretty clear that our team as constructed is not going to go anywhere. I get why they did the Vic trade because they wanted to show Lavine that they are making an effort to put some pieces around him with him as the main guy. Lavine is not going to stick around for a couple more draft picks to wait and develop, so they shifted to a win now mode. They gambled and I don’t think it’s working. Maybe it will change after a full offseason to work. I personally don’t think a team led by Lavine will go anywhere. If I was AK, I would just blow up the team and start fresh with his own players and build the team.

Haha he can’t do that 1 month after trading away two first round picks for a 30 year old center. He has to see this through. He says he wasn’t done so he needs a Hell of follow-up.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#113 » by johnnyvann840 » Sat May 1, 2021 4:17 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:

I have had my share of criticizing Zach but I never said that. What I have said is that he doesn't make anyone around him better and I stand by that. He doesn't make much of a difference and doesn't really move the needle and that is one of this team's problems. I think Vuc suffers from the same issue. I didn't know it and was very pro-trade but I'm not sure if a team with both Zach and Vuc as it's two all star's is ever going to be a team where the sum is greater than it's parts.

I'm seriously worried about the construct of this team right now going into the off season and likely not having a draft pick this year. Our two best players and all stars both are defensive liabilities neither of them seem to have the leadership qualities that this team really needs. I'm willing to give it a chance... at least more of a chance than we have seen to this point which hasn't been much. I just think what this team needs is a fiery two way player who inspires his teammates and makes everyone around him better. Like a J Randle does in NYC or Jimmy does for all his teams. Like Chris Paul is doing in PHX right now.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
CobyWhite0
Rookie
And1: 819

Post#114 » by CobyWhite0 » Sat May 1, 2021 4:18 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
CobyWhite0 wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:

Agreed with the bolded, but I'm not sure why anyone would be upset that Mr. Patrick Williams shows none of those negative qualities?

"Mr. Patrick Williams, can you please make more mistakes and commit more fouls" doesn't seem like something any GM would ever say.

IMO, he seems to be smart enough not to make stupid plays, and I'm happy with that.

Wait are you not seeing what people have been saying for weeks? What announcers and media have been saying about Pat, like the whole month of April? He has been extremely passive in games. Not even taking shots.

Since you big on stats, see for yourself. Im done talking about it.

Well hopefully, over the last 9 games, Mr. Patrick Williams will be more trigger-happy. Hopefully he'll make a lot of mistakes and commit a lot of fouls as well.
CobyWhite0
Rookie
And1: 819

Post#115 » by CobyWhite0 » Sat May 1, 2021 4:27 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:

I have had my share of criticizing Zach but I never said that. What I have said is that he doesn't make anyone around him better and I stand by that. He doesn't make much of a difference and doesn't really move the needle and that is one of this team's problems. I think Vuc suffers from the same issue. I didn't know it and was very pro-trade but I'm not sure if a team with both Zach and Vuc as it's two all star's is ever going to be a team where the sum is greater than it's parts.

I'm seriously worried about the construct of this team right now going into the off season and likely not having a draft pick this year. Our two best players and all stars both are defensive liabilities neither of them seem to have the leadership qualities that this team really needs. I'm willing to give it a chance... at least more of a chance than we have seen to this point which hasn't been much. I just think what this team needs is a fiery two way player who inspires his teammates and makes everyone around him better. Like a J Randle does in NYC or Jimmy does for all his teams. Like Chris Paul is doing in PHX right now.

I +1'd your post, but I have to ask - what, exactly, do you think a player has to do in order to "make anyone around him better"?
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,213

Post#116 » by Red8911 » Sat May 1, 2021 4:29 am

Another frustrating game to watch and yet another loss when they’ve been in “must win” territory for over 2 weeks now. Milwaukee was without Giannis, no excuses. They are now running out of time and you can tell by their body language that their ready to just give up on the season.

It’s a real shame, so much hope and excitement after the deadline for nothing. When AK made that trade the goal was clear to make the playoffs this season, doesn’t look like it’s happening unless a miracle happens at this point..

Also what the heck is going on with Lavine ? The guy is ready, he’s not sick, and he’s hanging around with the team so wtf can’t he play ? This is so ridiculous, has anyone missed more than 2 weeks of games in the NBA over Covid ? These “league protocols” fkd the bulls over, taking away the best player at the most critical time. Idc what you guys think of Lavine but if he was playing these games they would have more wins right now
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#117 » by johnnyvann840 » Sat May 1, 2021 4:36 am

CobyWhite0 wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

I +1'd your post, but I have to ask - what, exactly, do you think a player has to do in order to "make anyone around him better"?

There are just certain players who elevate their team and it is obvious. One important trait is having a high floor IQ and making the right play and the right reads every time. Another is inspiring teammates and making everyone want to play for each other. It's one of those things that is hard to put your finger on but you know it when you see it.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#118 » by WindyCityBorn » Sat May 1, 2021 4:37 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:

I think Zach and Vuc are both complimentary players. We desperately need a lead facilitator that can lead abs that they can play off of...that’s not Coby White. They are both deserving of their all-star nods this season, but they are not superstars and they are only two starting caliber players on the team. Instead of focusing on how they cannot make bad to average players better we need to figure out how to get actual NBA level starters at PG, SF and PF. Our overall roster is putrid.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#119 » by WindyCityBorn » Sat May 1, 2021 4:43 am

CobyWhite0 wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

I’m not sure. He mentioned Randle as an example, but he looks like a PF version of Zach on offense. Takes lots of shots that would be considered “bad” but he is making them. He doesn’t really rack up assists so he isn’t making them better that way. He shoots significantly worse than Zach, has a similar ast/to ratio, doesn’t get to the free throw line a ton. Apparently he is a strong defender, but it’s not like he is anchoring a defense like Gobert. He has a better coach and better roster around him.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,690

Post#120 » by GoBlue72391 » Sat May 1, 2021 4:44 am

I'm just going to go ahead and state the obvious here, but if we miss out on the playoffs and fail to retain our draft pick, both of which are looking extremely likely right now, then the Vuch trade was a colossal failure and it's honestly a fireable offense by AKME.

Obviously that won't happen, nor am I saying it should, because AKME have time on their side and doing anything of that nature would be far too early and a rash decision, but if circumstances were different, like say if we were 2 or 3 years into this new FO rather than just 1, then yeah, that's definitely a fireable offense.

Return to Chicago Bulls