The Washington Football Team Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#701 » by BearlyBallin » Sat May 1, 2021 2:25 am

WR, TE or FS all available at our pick.
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#702 » by BearlyBallin » Sat May 1, 2021 2:27 am

Damn there goes the TE !
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#703 » by BearlyBallin » Sat May 1, 2021 2:32 am

Dyami Brown !! Yes !

Read on Twitter
?s=20

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#704 » by BearlyBallin » Sat May 1, 2021 2:35 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,865

Post#705 » by Wizardspride » Sat May 1, 2021 2:37 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#706 » by Illuminaire » Sat May 1, 2021 2:38 am

NICE. I don't think Brown is ready for NFL routes yet, but he can be a bench player for a season and learn some of the fine details of his craft without the pressure of being an offensive focal point.
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#707 » by Halcyon » Sat May 1, 2021 2:39 am

Loving this draft so far. Filling positions of need with some talented dudes
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#708 » by Wizardspride » Sat May 1, 2021 2:52 am

Illuminaire wrote:NICE. I don't think Brown is ready for NFL routes yet, but he can be a bench player for a season and learn some of the fine details of his craft without the pressure of being an offensive focal point.

With McLaurin and Samuels occupying so much attention, Brown just needs to be able to run a fly pattern for now. :D
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,729

Post#709 » by gambitx777 » Sat May 1, 2021 3:54 am

I like our day two picks we have 4 picks tomorrow I think nothing crazy but I wanna see a good running back.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#710 » by TGW » Sat May 1, 2021 4:01 am

Solid draft so far. I think the St. Juste pick is super-underated. They are going to move him to free safety, where he's better suited IMO.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#711 » by Wizardspride » Sat May 1, 2021 4:01 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#712 » by BearlyBallin » Sat May 1, 2021 4:30 am

gambitx777 wrote:I like our day two picks we have 4 picks tomorrow I think nothing crazy but I wanna see a good running back.

There are a hand full of good RB left, I feel good about grabbing one @124 (4th RD)

5th & 7th RD gamble on Jamie Newman, QB, Georgia or Kenny Yeboah, TE, Ole Miss or Caden Sterns, FS Texas. And if in doubt just go BPA.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,729

Post#713 » by gambitx777 » Sat May 1, 2021 4:47 am

Yeah we picked up a OT who could potentially start in round 2 and they guys we got in round three have good numbers and are really good depth at potions where the starters are clear.

Honestly I don't think we are going to get a QB better than the ones we have now And there is always next year. Other than fitzy we have some younger guys heinicke is 28 , allen is 25 and both played pretty well last year. Montez is still on the team and is 24 so unless you really think a dude is better than him. Just keep him and add a position of need. We have 4qb on the team and while none are super stars. 1 is the for sure starter day one and the other two have proven they can start and play well enough. So again, unless someone speaks to you or you can say this guy is definitely better than Montez or even the other two, I would just not draft one this year bring another undrafted rookie into camp and see how Montez does.

I think we definitely need another RB. IMO if there are still some good down hill big boy starters left on the board that's who I would go after. I think some special teams speed would be good too. Maybe another safty. I think RB is your next best bet to get someone of impact. Other than that best play available if that's a QB then **** it.
BearlyBallin wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:I like our day two picks we have 4 picks tomorrow I think nothing crazy but I wanna see a good running back.

There are a hand full of good RB left, I feel good about grabbing one @124 (4th RD)

5th & 7th RD gamble on Jamie Newman, QB, Georgia or Kenny Yeboah, TE, Ole Miss or Caden Sterns, FS Texas. And if in doubt just go BPA.

long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,463

Post#714 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sat May 1, 2021 12:35 pm

I’d really like to see them snag Tony Poljan, a very big TE from UVA.
In Rizzo we trust
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#715 » by Wizardspride » Sat May 1, 2021 2:00 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#716 » by Ruzious » Sat May 1, 2021 2:06 pm

I'd go for Jabril Cox, the LSU LBer - another good coverage LBer and seems like a leader type with a lot of confidence.

I like the Oklahoma RB, Rhamondre Stevenson. He's a boom or bust type, because he plays a bit reckless and maybe overly physical - so he could be prone to fumbling, but at a bruising 230 lbs, he's a load to tackle. Michael Carter and Kenneth Gainwell are safer RB choices who will probably go before him and be very solid role players. I like that both of them are good at picking up blitzers - though they're both on the small side. If we're going RB by committee, they can't lose with either Carter or Gainwell.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#717 » by Ruzious » Sat May 1, 2021 2:16 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:Dyami Brown !! Yes !

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I liked this pick. From watching his highlights, he has that uncanny knack for tracking balls downfield and maneuvering to catch them - a lot like McLaurin has - and good length and measurables. And that's the kind of WR that fits real well with Fitzpatrick - who loves to throw downfield. He's not going to get a lot of RAC, but he'll catch a lot of 20 plus yard passes.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#718 » by Ruzious » Sat May 1, 2021 2:23 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:Benjamin St-Juste, CB. I LIKE IT !

This is the guy that I don't know what to make of - for better or worse. Did they get him to jam the bigger WR's at the line - because we had trouble with big WR's - particularly on 3rd down plays getting 1st downs at will against us. Also, I read that he was the highest rated tackler among college CB's. Supposedly he's not a real smooth athlete with his hips, so as was suggested - maybe he's better suited to safety? Is he a guy you can move around depending on matchups?
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,463

Post#719 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sat May 1, 2021 2:34 pm

Ruzious wrote:

This is the guy that I don't know what to make of - for better or worse. Did they get him to jam the bigger WR's at the line - because we had trouble with big WR's - particularly on 3rd down plays getting 1st downs at will against us. Also, I read that he was the highest rated tackler among college CB's. Supposedly he's not a real smooth athlete with his hips, so as was suggested - maybe he's better suited to safety? Is he a guy you can move around depending on matchups?

I wonder about his ball skills. One pass defended total last year. No interceptions in his career I believe. At FS you kind of need a ball hawk, right?

Also, wholeheartedly agree with your earlier post. Didn’t realize Jabril Cox was still on the board. If he’s there in the fourth, we should absolutely grab him.

I also would really like Charles Snowden as a Ryan Kerrigan replacement.
In Rizzo we trust
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#720 » by Wizardspride » Sat May 1, 2021 2:38 pm

Ruzious wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Return to Washington Wizards