ImageImageImage

Furkan Should be Starting Over Seth.

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,382

Re: Furkan Should be Starting Over Seth. 

Post#81 » by Hussien Fatal » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:36 pm

Furkan once again performs well with the starters. He plays excellent with Ben and Joel, they have bee n playing together for almost 5 years now so their chemistry is unmatched.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,421

Post#82 » by 76ciology » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:31 pm

Read on Twitter

Its the 5 man unit i was pushing in the offseason. I believe GHill instead of Seth in that 5 man unit will be better. Hopefully we get the best version of GHill
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Post#83 » by Kobblehead » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:40 pm

Hill is not in basketball shape and has no on-court chemistry with the group. I don't think we can grant him a huge role this year. 15-20 minutes off the bench, max.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,745

Post#84 » by Negrodamus » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:07 pm

76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

Its the 5 man unit i was pushing in the offseason. I believe GHill instead of Seth in that 5 man unit will be better. Hopefully we get the best version of GHill

Yea this was the grouping I referenced earlier in this thread. If we’re going off small sample size lineups to push the Furk starting narrative, then it’d make more sense for Shake to start
9th Wonder
Assistant Coach
And1: 167

Post#85 » by 9th Wonder » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:56 pm

What's the status on the Funkman's Bird Rights? I've read in different places that Philly has no rights, full rights and partial rights. Anyone know the answer?
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#86 » by mithrandir17 » Sat May 1, 2021 2:31 am

9th Wonder wrote:What's the status on the Funkman's Bird Rights? I've read in different places that Philly has no rights, full rights and partial rights. Anyone know the answer?

Furkan is an unrestricted FA this offseason because we declined his 4th yr and signed him as a minimum contract.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,742

Post#87 » by Sixersftw » Sat May 1, 2021 2:39 am

9th Wonder wrote:What's the status on the Funkman's Bird Rights? I've read in different places that Philly has no rights, full rights and partial rights. Anyone know the answer?

According to the Larry Coon FAQ we have full bird rights.

If the player does not sign with any team (his prior team or any other team) for the entire season, then his renouncement continues. In other words, the team is not permitted to renounce a player, let him sit idle for the year, and then re-sign him the following summer using Bird rights. However, if the player is renounced and then re-signs with his prior team, his renouncement is no longer in effect when his contract ends. For example, if a team renounces their Larry Bird rights to a player, then re-signs that player to a one-year contract using cap room, the player will be a Larry Bird free agent once again the following summer.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#88 » by sixers4real » Sat May 1, 2021 4:50 am

I expect Furkan to be traded in a sign and trade deal
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,043

Post#89 » by Sixerscan » Sat May 1, 2021 1:17 pm

Sixersftw wrote:

According to the Larry Coon FAQ we have full bird rights.

If the player does not sign with any team (his prior team or any other team) for the entire season, then his renouncement continues. In other words, the team is not permitted to renounce a player, let him sit idle for the year, and then re-sign him the following summer using Bird rights. However, if the player is renounced and then re-signs with his prior team, his renouncement is no longer in effect when his contract ends. For example, if a team renounces their Larry Bird rights to a player, then re-signs that player to a one-year contract using cap room, the player will be a Larry Bird free agent once again the following summer.

Yep unrestricted and full bird rights.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#90 » by LloydFree » Sun May 23, 2021 8:30 pm

Hussien Fatal wrote:I get it we are 1st in the east so you could easily say if it ain’t broke don’t fix it but it’s gotta be said.

Furkan is a better defensive player, he’s like 5 inches taller, and he’s got a much faster release.

Seth could come in with shake on the 2nd unit, we also have George Hill coming back soon too so We won’t be losing much from the bench.

I personally think this move would make the starting unit more dynamic. What are your thoughts?

When in the lineup with both Ben and Joel, Furkan shoots 54% from the Field and 43% from 3. When he is able to play with leverage he is a lethal shooter.

LOL
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
syntax
Sixth Man
And1: 651

Post#91 » by syntax » Sun May 23, 2021 9:47 pm

I don't know what condition Hill is in, but he (was) the superior player on both ends to Seth.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Post#92 » by zaz102 » Sun May 23, 2021 10:32 pm

syntax wrote:I don't know what condition Hill is in, but he (was) the superior player on both ends to Seth.
We'll see. I do think that Hill will average more and more minutes as the playoffs continue, but not sure if he'll start.

Curry is a good offensive option that can spread the floor and is pretty consistent on offense. Also, he's still one of the team's best six players, so he's definitely getting burn anyway.

I would guess Hill will eventually get some of the crunch time minutes regardless of who starts.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#93 » by LloydFree » Sun May 23, 2021 10:39 pm

zaz102 wrote:
syntax wrote:I don't know what condition Hill is in, but he (was) the superior player on both ends to Seth.
We'll see. I do think that Hill will average more and more minutes as the playoffs continue, but not sure if he'll start.

Curry is a good offensive option that can spread the floor and is pretty consistent on offense. Also, he's still one of the team's best six players, so he's definitely getting burn anyway.

I would guess Hill will eventually get some of the crunch time minutes regardless of who starts.

Seth Curry has no business getting 30+ minutes on anybody's playoff team. Hill should be getting at least 24-28 minutes, if he's up to it. Hill should also be on the floor at the end of games, when we have the lead, so we can avoid the hack-a Ben defense.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Post#94 » by zaz102 » Sun May 23, 2021 10:53 pm

LloydFree wrote:
zaz102 wrote:

Seth Curry has no business getting 30+ minutes on anybody's playoff team. Hill should be getting at least 24-28 minutes, if he's up to it. Hill should also be on the floor at the end of games, when we have the lead, so we can avoid the hack-a Ben defense.
I'm sure that will be the case soon, but I'm guessing that they're Hill is getting accustomed to the team or still not 100%. He's been getting better and better.

At least Curry can space the floor and score consistently. If we didn't trade for Hill , we wouldn't have a choice lol.
Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,382

Post#95 » by Hussien Fatal » Mon May 24, 2021 11:17 am

LloydFree wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:I get it we are 1st in the east so you could easily say if it ain’t broke don’t fix it but it’s gotta be said.

Furkan is a better defensive player, he’s like 5 inches taller, and he’s got a much faster release.

Seth could come in with shake on the 2nd unit, we also have George Hill coming back soon too so We won’t be losing much from the bench.

I personally think this move would make the starting unit more dynamic. What are your thoughts?

When in the lineup with both Ben and Joel, Furkan shoots 54% from the Field and 43% from 3. When he is able to play with leverage he is a lethal shooter.

LOL

Furkan played terrible yes, but he was the only bench player with a positive plus minus in game 1
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 535

Post#96 » by PhillyNj » Mon May 24, 2021 3:13 pm

Hussien Fatal wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

LOL

Furkan played terrible yes, but he was the only bench player with a positive plus minus in game 1

Furk was awful. Thybulle, Maxey and Hill where all significantly better.
If he continues to play like that he’s gonna have one very disappointing free agency.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,745

Post#97 » by Negrodamus » Mon May 24, 2021 3:46 pm

The only way to look at Furk's +/- is that we were positive in spite of his presence on the court.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,419

Post#98 » by Eyeamok » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:09 pm

Bump
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo

Return to Philadelphia 76ers