ImageImageImageImage

Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Re: Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15 

Post#1221 » by nicnac215 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:52 pm

thelead wrote:
Knightro wrote:Cole Anthony since the trades...

13.4 PPG, 4.9 RPG, 5.9 APG and just 1.8 TOV.

His 3PT shooting has been awful - just 7-32 (22%) - but even with that his TS% is actually up because he's finishing so much better than he was before. Overall he's 33-66 (50%) from inside the arc and he's combined that better finishing with tangible increases in his FT Rate and FT%.

I still don't think he's a natural passer or facilitator for others, but he can end up being a quality NBA rotation player if he can either develop his 3PT shooting or develop his finishing. There are some encouraging signs as a finisher if nothing else.

He's a young DJ caliber level player. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Sounds like a young Kemba to me
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,501

Post#1222 » by thelead » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:29 pm

nicnac215 wrote:
thelead wrote:
Knightro wrote:Cole Anthony since the trades...

13.4 PPG, 4.9 RPG, 5.9 APG and just 1.8 TOV.

His 3PT shooting has been awful - just 7-32 (22%) - but even with that his TS% is actually up because he's finishing so much better than he was before. Overall he's 33-66 (50%) from inside the arc and he's combined that better finishing with tangible increases in his FT Rate and FT%.

I still don't think he's a natural passer or facilitator for others, but he can end up being a quality NBA rotation player if he can either develop his 3PT shooting or develop his finishing. There are some encouraging signs as a finisher if nothing else.

He's a young DJ caliber level player. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Possibly but young Kemba was inefficient too. We'll see what Clifford can do with Cole moving forward.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#1223 » by pepe1991 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:00 pm

thelead wrote:
nicnac215 wrote:
thelead wrote:He's a young DJ caliber level player. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Possibly but young Kemba was inefficient too. We'll see what Clifford can do with Cole moving forward.

young Kemba played on statisticlly worst team that ever played nba season.
I'm not even sure he was THAT bad, 3 of their starters, Derrick Brown, Reggie Williams and Mullens were out of nba in one year. Additionally, their best player, Corey Maggette, retired after 18 games next year. It was easly least talented nba roster in last 40 years.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MaKiaVeLi7
Senior
And1: 417

Post#1224 » by MaKiaVeLi7 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:03 pm

I still don't understand how some people still don't appreciate and love what Cole brings to this team. He has that fire in him we all complained about not being present during the recent buddy-ball era and the previous Henny defender boys era.

[url]
Read on Twitter
[/url]

So far Cole has proved almost all of his critics wrong (including the straight haters).

He's proven he can score efficiently.
He's proven he can pass the ball.
He's proven he can be a disruptive force on defense (depending on matchups of course and keep in mind the fact that he's up against the best players/scorers/playmakers at his position in his rookie season without any kind of normal pre-season).
He's proven he can rebound against guys twice his size on both ends of the court.
He's proven he provides total effort 100% of the time he gets on the floor.
He's proven he can be clutch in crucial moments of a game.
He's proven he can develop and improve his skills during a crazy season like we had this year.
He's proven that he holds himself accountable for his mistakes or bad performance before he hears it from the coaching staff.
He's proven he is a team player that supports his teammates all the time, first to jump off the bench and cheer his guys.
etc.

And there's still room for improvement in his game, Cole's not a finished product yet and is still very young and raw in some aspects of his game.
When we ride on our bball enemieZ!
IllMagic04
Analyst
And1: 1,799

Post#1225 » by IllMagic04 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:24 pm

MaKiaVeLi7 wrote:I still don't understand how some people still don't appreciate and love what Cole brings to this team. He has that fire in him we all complained about not being present during the recent buddy-ball era and the previous Henny defender boys era.

[url]
Read on Twitter
[/url]

So far Cole has proved almost all of his critics (including the straight haters wrong).

He's proven he can score efficiently.
He's proven he can pass the ball.
He's proven he can be a disruptive force on defense (depending on matchups of course and keep in mind the fact that he's up against the best players/scorers/playmakers at his position in his rookie season without any kind of normal pre-season).
He's proven he can rebound against guys twice his size on both ends of the court.
He's proven he provides total effort 100% of the time he gets on the floor.
He's proven he can be clutch in crucial moments of a game.
He's proven he can develop and improve his skills during a crazy season like we had this year.
He's proven that he holds himself accountable for his mistakes or bad performance before he hears it from the coaching staff.
He's proven he is a team player that supports his teammates all the time, first to jump off the bench and cheer his guys.
etc.

And there's still room for improvement in his game, Cole's not a finished product yet and is still very young and raw in some aspects of his game.
I agree with all that. Scoring efficiently is debatable though he is improving. I was a supporter all along but even Im surprised with his passing. Did not know that was in his game. I always saw him a scoring punch off the bench. That may still end up being his ceiling but he has shown potential for more. Really instrested to see where he goes.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,510

Post#1226 » by Bergmaniac » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:54 pm

He's shooting 39% from the field for the season and his TS% is still below 50%, so let's not get carried away.

And "disruptive force on defense" is a massive exaggeration, the effort is there, but he's still a subpar defender due to his physical limitations and lack of experience.
JTG_92940618
Rookie
And1: 472

Post#1227 » by JTG_92940618 » Sat May 1, 2021 7:31 am

Cole's rate of improvement is encouraging to me. His passing, finishing at the rim, and shooting are all better than they were to start the season. There's a long way to go but at least he's trending in the right direction, at an okay pace.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#1228 » by MoMM » Sat May 1, 2021 8:32 am

He will improve his 3pt during the offseason for sure. He is a good FT shooter and willing to shoot 3s, it's just a matter of time.
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#1229 » by Horcy » Sun May 2, 2021 8:36 am

I still can’t believe we are actually giving decent minutes to a rookie that we have selected...
Maybe we will trade him as we did with Oladipo :/
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,510

Post#1230 » by Bergmaniac » Sun May 2, 2021 2:09 pm

He's the best, he'll keep shooting great the rest of the season.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,235

Post#1231 » by Blue_and_Whte » Sun May 2, 2021 5:05 pm

Cole is a top 10 rookie.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,154

Post#1232 » by Knightro » Sun May 2, 2021 6:27 pm

Since moving into the starting lineup 9 games ago...

17.1 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 5.6 APG on a .442/.415/.795 slash.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,790

Post#1233 » by RookieStar » Sun May 2, 2021 9:39 pm

How weird would it be if Cole, our 15th-picked rookie in a "Meh" draft is better than our CHI pick rookie who is probably a high-lotto rookie?

Or the ultimate brain-melting scenario, what if Coleis/becomes better than our pick of Green/Suggs/Cade LOL
nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#1234 » by nicnac215 » Sun May 2, 2021 10:16 pm

RookieStar wrote:How weird would it be if Cole, our 15th-picked rookie in a "Meh" draft is better than our CHI pick rookie who is probably a high-lotto rookie?

Or the ultimate brain-melting scenario, what if Coleis/becomes better than our pick of Green/Suggs/Cade LOL

I think Cole will be better than Suggs for sure.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#1235 » by Skin » Sun May 2, 2021 10:42 pm

When he yelled, "THIS IS MY CITY!" That turned me off.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,790

Post#1236 » by RookieStar » Sun May 2, 2021 11:26 pm

nicnac215 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:How weird would it be if Cole, our 15th-picked rookie in a "Meh" draft is better than our CHI pick rookie who is probably a high-lotto rookie?

I think Cole will be better than Suggs for sure.

Well... who knows what will happen but that is a tall mountain to overcome. First off, in their position Suggs is already 2 inches taller than him, built better ( as a football player he can absorb contact better to finish ), somewhat same athletically... BUT Suggs right now, even a year or two (???) younger than Cole, already has better court awareness as well as ball-handling.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,090

Post#1237 » by yoyojw17 » Sun May 2, 2021 11:36 pm

Skin wrote:When he yelled, "THIS IS MY CITY!" That turned me off.

Nah... I loved it. It's a sign of fire and confidence that many of our players do not have. He is showing signs of what I was expecting and hoping from him. Whether it turns into being a starter with a player like fultz... Or a super backup ... And primary fill in... His trajectory is on the up and up.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,395

Post#1238 » by SOUL » Mon May 3, 2021 12:10 am

Why? Weird reason to turn someone off..
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#1239 » by fendilim » Mon May 3, 2021 12:12 am

There’s something weird the way he acts that turns me off too. The way he speaks, idk man. His mannerism maybe
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,395

Post#1240 » by SOUL » Mon May 3, 2021 12:14 am

fendilim wrote:

There’s something weird the way he acts that turns me off too. The way he speaks, idk man. His mannerism maybe

We're used to soft non-alphas on the team apparently

Return to Orlando Magic