Randle vs. Porzingis

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: Randle vs. Porzingis 

Post#461 » by LloydFree » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:41 pm

Edrees wrote:At this point not much of a debate. Randle is better at everything and he's durable.

Pretty much sums it up.

... But it's not hard to be better at everything, when Porzingis is really only good at two things.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
JimmyPlopper
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,546

Post#462 » by JimmyPlopper » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:47 pm

So happy for Randle. I remember when people acted like Noah Vonleh was going to be a better pro
Faked our deaths, lit a match
Closed the door, waited for the flash
Greyhound Station, we paid in cash
Miss Lazarus, we’re coming back
Ckay
Head Coach
And1: 8,298

Post#463 » by Ckay » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:52 pm

JimmyPlopper wrote:So happy for Randle. I remember when people acted like Noah Vonleh was going to be a better pro

Read on Twitter
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 40,634

Post#464 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:53 pm

Randle being a better three point shooter than Kristaps is comedy at it's finest.

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,605

Post#465 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:27 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:Randle being a better three point shooter than Kristaps is comedy at it's finest.

Sad :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,605

Post#466 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:30 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:Randle being a better three point shooter than Kristaps is comedy at it's finest.

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#467 » by blueNorange » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:35 pm

luka's relationshiop with randle is 100x's better than his relationship with kp, and they don't even know each other.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
HollowEarth
Starter
And1: 2,071

Post#468 » by HollowEarth » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:44 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:I love KP, but this isnt a debate this year. I do need to see Randle do this 2 years, or like 1.5 years, in a row to believe this is truly the caliber of player he is though.

KP isnt a great 2nd option as someone above said. He is an elite 3rd option. Dallas needs to find that #2 and with KP being paid like a #1 its going to be hard. But if he can accept a 3rd option role (Debatable with his personality), and Dallas can find a true #2, that team can win a chip sooner than later.
Randle did a lot of this 2 years ago in New Orleans. The big jump he's made this year is in his shooting. In New Orleans (and I'd assume in LA) he really did not have a mid range game. He could spot up, but he didn't have the fluid shot he has this year. It makes a huge difference in how guard the guy. He's not on their level but it's what makes Harden, Luka, Dame, etc so deadly. Teams can't just fall back if Randle drives now, and it makes his other positives on offense (spin moves, drop steps, etc) much more effective. Also, it doesn't hurt to have a solid team that fits his game.

I don't see his shooting being a fluke year.

I think he now is who he is now.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#469 » by DaGawd » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:55 am

Read on Twitter

Damn b
BaF
Washington Wizards
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,486

Post#470 » by cgf » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:09 am

HollowEarth wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:I love KP, but this isnt a debate this year. I do need to see Randle do this 2 years, or like 1.5 years, in a row to believe this is truly the caliber of player he is though.

KP isnt a great 2nd option as someone above said. He is an elite 3rd option. Dallas needs to find that #2 and with KP being paid like a #1 its going to be hard. But if he can accept a 3rd option role (Debatable with his personality), and Dallas can find a true #2, that team can win a chip sooner than later.
Randle did a lot of this 2 years ago in New Orleans. The big jump he's made this year is in his shooting. In New Orleans (and I'd assume in LA) he really did not have a mid range game. He could spot up, but he didn't have the fluid shot he has this year. It makes a huge difference in how guard the guy. He's not on their level but it's what makes Harden, Luka, Dame, etc so deadly. Teams can't just fall back if Randle drives now, and it makes his other positives on offense (spin moves, drop steps, etc) much more effective. Also, it doesn't hurt to have a solid team that fits his game.

I don't see his shooting being a fluke year.

I think he now is who he is now.

Julius' assist rate is 26.7% this season on 28.8% usage. He hasn't topped 16% the past 3 years, despite his usage being 27.6%, 27.8% & 25.3% those seasons. His shooting has unquestionably helped open things up...especially as the season has gone on & he's gotten more confident in his stroke...but his decision-making is on an entirely new level as well. It is now surprising when Julius makes a bad decision with the ball, even though he's seeing regular double-teams.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Pablo Escobar
Head Coach
And1: 4,335

Post#471 » by Pablo Escobar » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:52 am

His strength has always surprised me. He'd bounce anyone off of him even if they were centers.
Plata o Plomo?
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,847

Post#472 » by robillionaire » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:00 am

DaGawd wrote:
Read on Twitter

Damn b

prayers sent up
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,385

Post#473 » by NYKat » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:54 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:The 6 game win streak New York is on consists of Ja Morant blowing a game winning bunny at the buzzer, Pascal Siakim traveling on a 3 on 1 fast break with the game tied, and Lonzo Ball and Eric Bledsoe being dumbasses.

I'll say it right here right now.. this Knicks team is garbage benefitting from a garbage regular season and they won't win a round in the playoffs.

Bump this ladies.

Nothing I despise more than Uncle Tom fan... kick rocks dude
Senior
And1: 404

Post#474 » by 1999 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:11 pm

NYKat wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:The 6 game win streak New York is on consists of Ja Morant blowing a game winning bunny at the buzzer, Pascal Siakim traveling on a 3 on 1 fast break with the game tied, and Lonzo Ball and Eric Bledsoe being dumbasses.

I'll say it right here right now.. this Knicks team is garbage benefitting from a garbage regular season and they won't win a round in the playoffs.

Bump this ladies.

How is there a garbage winning streak? As if winning teams don’t benefit off the misfortune of other teams all the time... I’m disappointed. From lurking for a long time he was a great poster way back in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BugginOut
Head Coach
And1: 7,829

Post#475 » by BugginOut » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:16 pm

Read on Twitter

Randle weighs in on the debate
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#476 » by Scalabrine » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:36 pm

LloydFree wrote:
Edrees wrote:At this point not much of a debate. Randle is better at everything and he's durable.

Pretty much sums it up.

... But it's not hard to be better at everything, when Porzingis is really only good at two things.

What are those two things?

Randle shoots a better 3 point percentage and KP has been below average at that this season.
Id guess the other good thing is his shot blocking? I remember earlier on in the season a lot of Mavs fans were saying he was often lost defensively and to me shotblocking is the most overrated stat in the league. Randle isn't a shotblocker, but he's one of the best defensive players on one of the best defensive teams in the league, so that has to mean something.
Go Knicks!
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,385

Post#477 » by NYKat » Sat May 1, 2021 2:38 pm

1999 wrote:
NYKat wrote:

Bump this ladies.

How is there a garbage winning streak? As if winning teams don’t benefit off the misfortune of other teams all the time... I’m disappointed. From lurking for a long time he was a great poster way back in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He actually was never a great poster, he’s a troll and a dumb one at that
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,757

Post#478 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Sat May 1, 2021 3:04 pm

NYKat wrote:

Bump this ladies.

His post doesn’t even really make sense either. Like of course you win games when your opponents miss shots, turn the ball over, and play poorly.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 40,634

Post#479 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue May 4, 2021 9:05 pm

Apse4 wrote:Easy. Porzingis.

Read on Twitter
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990