Image ImageImage Image

GT - Bulls v Bucks - 4/30 7 PM CST

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,549

Re: GT - Bulls v Bucks - 4/30 7 PM CST 

Post#141 » by Dominator83 » Sat May 1, 2021 10:15 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:I think the most frustrating part about all of this, is in the offseason the nightmare will probably continue when we dont have our pick and we have Lauri and Theis go for nothing.

And honestly the frustrating part is, normally around this time, rookies and young players are actually improving around this time. Something to give you hope going into next year.

Last year it was Coby down the stretch.
Wendell was playing well before he got injured.
And we all know of Lauri's heroics in his rookie year.

Its very discouraging having Pat move backwards down the stretch.

Well Bears fans felt like this in the offseason and got sometihng to feel good about again. I hope it happens for us too.

Couldn't agree more. Even early years Eddy Curry and Tyson Chandler would turn in good outings post ASB. Hell, even Tyrus Thomas would look good down the stretch. Pat hasn't improved at all.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#142 » by Andi Obst » Sat May 1, 2021 10:43 am

Just at least give Dotson a fair chance, Billy. It’s not like it matters at this point. I just don’t get how this hasn’t happened yet.

Otherwise I’d very much like a "skip to the end of the season"-button to press. Season is over.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,549

Post#143 » by Dominator83 » Sat May 1, 2021 11:04 am

GoBlue72391 wrote:
CobyWhite0 wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:

I think you were the one who mentioned how big of a factor TOs were playing in damping our offense pre trade. If that was improved we would have had a better Orating then than we do now.

100% agreed, the main thing keeping our offense down pre-trade was turnovers. No doubt about it.

I was only pointing out that our offense has been exactly as efficient post-trade as it was pre-trade, even though it was claimed that our offense is less efficient post-trade. So saying our offense is less efficient post-trade is a 100% falsehood, plain and simple.

Holy cow, man. You rely wayyy too much on individual stats to make a conclusion for you. I don't give a rat's ass what the offensive rating says, anyone with two eyes and a basic understanding of basketball can see that our offense is noticeably worse after the trade deadline. Actually, our offensive rating pre and post trade deadline is NOT "exactly the same." Pre-trade deadline it was 110.6 and post-trade deadline it's 109.9. Sure, that's not a big difference, but it's also not "exactly the same" as you've claimed multiple times. This is almost as ridiculous as you saying Theis is a better scorer than Lauri because they have the same TS% while completely ignoring the different types of shots they take and the different roles they play.

Stats are very helpful and serve a purpose, but they're not the be-all, end-all. There's more to the game than just stats. Hell, it ain't even that. In my previous discussions with you, you simply cherry picked the stats that are important to you while completely brushing off all stats I brought up in my retort. This is the same thing. You can't just pick and choose certain stats just because they support your viewpoint while discounting the eye test and all other stats that go against your view point.

If you insist on keeping it 100% all about stats, then take a look at this:

PPG pre-trade deadline: 113 on 88.9 FGA per game
PPG post-trade deadline: 106.9 on 87.4 FGA per game

FG% pre: 47.9%
FG% post: 47.7%

3FG% pre: 37.6%
3FG% post: 34.5%

FTA pre: 18.8
FTA post: 15.6

FT% pre: 80.4%
FT% post: 78.1%

APG pre: 26.1
APG post: 28.6

TOPG pre: 16
TOPG post: 14.3

Point differential pre: -0.6
Point differential post: -3.3

Offensive rating pre: 110.6
Offensive rating post: 109.9

Defensive rating pre: 111.6
Defensive rating post: 113.3

Net rating pre: -1.0
Net rating post: -3.5

TS% pre: 58.2%
TS% post: 56.7%

PACE pre: 101
Pace post: 97.2

Despite your claims, our offense was better before the trade deadline. It is less efficient now than it was before. Actually, let me rephrase that: Our team was better before the trade deadline. In almost every category. Both the stats and they eye test back that up. If you don't like that, well, I'm sure you'll find some stat to negate all the other stats.

Well one big problem is, pre ASG we had superstar Zach. Post ASG we've had either no Zach or meh Zach. Prior to the ASG Zach was looking very much like a legit superstar. Everybody here was screaming to get him help! Well, they got him help. And at the time, it was about 80% or more positive around here. Now it's swinging to negative. We are yet to see Vuc paired up with superstar Zach.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#144 » by johnnyvann840 » Sat May 1, 2021 12:16 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
......... Maybe Randle is the next Lebron?

Nobody is saying this. The point is that he makes his teammates better and elevates the play of his team. Period.

How many players in the NBA are leading their team in Points, Rebounds and Assists?

Answer: TWO. Jokic and Randle.

and Randle almost leads the Knicks in steals too. Robinson has him by .1 per game.

Lebron has done this most of his career... not this year. Almost, but Davis has him by .1 RPG.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,322

Post#145 » by Stratmaster » Sat May 1, 2021 2:45 pm

Glad I had a gig last night so my Friday night wasn't ruined. I can recover from an early Saturday cluster.

Bucks are obviously better without Giannis taking all the shots away from Portis and Lopez. If they can get a first round pick for the freak they should trade him.

At least with Zach out Aminu and Coby get to play and shoot more. Otherwise the Bulls likely lose by more. Did you see that ball movement?

Watching the Bucks without Giannis and the Bulls without Lavine is like watching the A team play the B team at the gym. Neither one look good but the A team has all the shooters... so...

How much longer are they going to make Zach sit?

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#146 » by Grodoboldo » Sat May 1, 2021 3:09 pm

Wow, we're not even PG threads anymore?
Low point indeed.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#147 » by johnnyvann840 » Sat May 1, 2021 4:46 pm

Stratmaster wrote:Glad I had a gig last night so my Friday night wasn't ruined. I can recover from an early Saturday cluster.

Bucks are obviously better without Giannis taking all the shots away from Portis and Lopez. If they can get a first round pick for the freak they should trade him.

At least with Zach out Aminu and Coby get to play and shoot more. Otherwise the Bulls likely lose by more. Did you see that ball movement?

Watching the Bucks without Giannis and the Bulls without Lavine is like watching the A team play the B team at the gym. Neither one look good but the A team has all the shooters... so...

Why would any team want to trade Giannis, a player who makes his team a LOT better when he's on the floor. Bucks are over 7 pts per 100 better with Giannis.

I think Zach should sit the rest of the season. Why risk him getting hurt, Whether you want to deal him, or not, in the offseason? Bulls suck with or without him.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#148 » by WindyCityBorn » Sat May 1, 2021 4:47 pm

Grodoboldo wrote:Wow, we're not even PG threads anymore?
Low point indeed.

The end of season has been a disaster. All the enthusiasm is gone.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#149 » by WindyCityBorn » Sat May 1, 2021 5:01 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:Glad I had a gig last night so my Friday night wasn't ruined. I can recover from an early Saturday cluster.

Why would any team want to trade Giannis, a player who makes his team a LOT better when he's on the floor. Bucks are over 7 pts per 100 better with Giannis.

I think Zach should sit the rest of the season. Why risk him getting hurt, Whether you want to deal him, or not, in the offseason? Bulls suck with or without him.

I think him playing more with Vuc now would be a good thing. His ankle is probably fine after missing all these games so I’m glad he did sit, but I’d like him back out there for final 5 games or so. No reason to completely shut him down. Anyone can be injured at any time. Even in practice and pick up games over the off-season.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,322

Post#150 » by Stratmaster » Sat May 1, 2021 5:37 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:

Your sarcasm detector needs repair

FranchisePlayer
Sixth Man
And1: 598

Post#151 » by FranchisePlayer » Sat May 1, 2021 6:25 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:
Almost every time I look at him he is standing in one place. Just standing there. Never cutting, never moving hard off the ball. He needs a fire lit under him. He just doesn't play with any fire at all. In fact, this whole team plays without fire. It's really sickening. I hate to keep bringing up the Knicks but it's like night and day watching the two teams. The Knicks just play inspired ball and they just get after it. You never see them standing around waiting for something to happen. They make it happen.

I thought LaVine being out was supposed to make everyone one better?

I have had my share of criticizing Zach but I never said that. What I have said is that he doesn't make anyone around him better and I stand by that. He doesn't make much of a difference and doesn't really move the needle and that is one of this team's problems. I think Vuc suffers from the same issue. I didn't know it and was very pro-trade but I'm not sure if a team with both Zach and Vuc as it's two all star's is ever going to be a team where the sum is greater than it's parts.

I'm seriously worried about the construct of this team right now going into the off season and likely not having a draft pick this year. Our two best players and all stars both are defensive liabilities neither of them seem to have the leadership qualities that this team really needs. I'm willing to give it a chance... at least more of a chance than we have seen to this point which hasn't been much. I just think what this team needs is a fiery two way player who inspires his teammates and makes everyone around him better. Like a J Randle does in NYC or Jimmy does for all his teams. Like Chris Paul is doing in PHX right now.

Word.

"All-Stars". What an inflated definition, based on pure scoring prowess. And when Vuc's shot is off, in this game embarrassingly off, he has really nothing else to offer. That's like Lavine's game in a nutshell, too.

I agree, what you see on the court is so badly constructed that you really do need to be worried going ahead. Williams looks completely overwhelmed out there, yet he keeps getting free pass. Markkanen is being smoked out of the team, WTF... The key position in every team, PG, has been tried but yet to be filled by anyone. Um, IS there a plan to fill that void? We have couple of good vets who seem to be misused by the coach.

But the two core pieces, WineCola, are something to build around some think. When in fact, both of those guys should be viewed as complementary pieces in any team that wants to win.

Hate that kind of chuck fests that Vucevic produced. Frightening that we have two similar players viewed as keepers and once every problem around them is fixed we're competitive again.
MrSparkle wrote:I don't see a scenario here or there where Lauri becomes the "7-pick we thought he could be." If you remove his 3P ability, he's worse than Felicio by a mile.

12/2/2022
I like the quote- it makes me chuckle. And it was/is pretty much true.
FranchisePlayer
Sixth Man
And1: 598

Post#152 » by FranchisePlayer » Sat May 1, 2021 6:47 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:

Your sarcasm detector needs repair

His BB analysis gadget is working fine, though. Many good posts from him in this thread, previous one included.
MrSparkle wrote:I don't see a scenario here or there where Lauri becomes the "7-pick we thought he could be." If you remove his 3P ability, he's worse than Felicio by a mile.

12/2/2022
I like the quote- it makes me chuckle. And it was/is pretty much true.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#153 » by WindyCityBorn » Sat May 1, 2021 6:48 pm

FranchisePlayer wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
I thought LaVine being out was supposed to make everyone one better?

I have had my share of criticizing Zach but I never said that. What I have said is that he doesn't make anyone around him better and I stand by that. He doesn't make much of a difference and doesn't really move the needle and that is one of this team's problems. I think Vuc suffers from the same issue. I didn't know it and was very pro-trade but I'm not sure if a team with both Zach and Vuc as it's two all star's is ever going to be a team where the sum is greater than it's parts.

I'm seriously worried about the construct of this team right now going into the off season and likely not having a draft pick this year. Our two best players and all stars both are defensive liabilities neither of them seem to have the leadership qualities that this team really needs. I'm willing to give it a chance... at least more of a chance than we have seen to this point which hasn't been much. I just think what this team needs is a fiery two way player who inspires his teammates and makes everyone around him better. Like a J Randle does in NYC or Jimmy does for all his teams. Like Chris Paul is doing in PHX right now.

Word.

"All-Stars". What an inflated definition, based on pure scoring prowess. And when Vuc's shot is off, in this game embarrassingly off, he has really nothing else to offer. That's like Lavine's game in a nutshell, too.

I agree, what you see on the court is so badly constructed that you really do need to be worried going ahead. Williams looks completely overwhelmed out there, yet he keeps getting free pass. Markkanen is being smoked out of the team, WTF... The key position in every team, PG, has been tried but yet to be filled by anyone. Um, IS there a plan to fill that void? We have couple of good vets who seem to be misused by the coach.

But the two core pieces, WineCola, are something to build around some think. When in fact, both of those guys should be viewed as complementary pieces in any team that wants to win.

Hate that kind of chuck fests that Vucevic produced. Frightening that we have two similar players viewed as keepers and once every problem around them is fixed we're competitive again.

Yet you are a huge Lauri fan. Or were.
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 580

Post#154 » by Almost Retired » Sat May 1, 2021 7:53 pm

Portis didn't look half bad. 16 points in 28 minutes. 14 reb. Not bad for a two time cast off. For all his faults he certainly added an element of toughness when he was on the court for us. And he certainly ain't afraid to shoot the basketball. PAW could use a few aggressiveness lessons from Bobby.
Almost Retired
Rookie

Post#155 » by Almost Retired » Sat May 1, 2021 7:56 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Grodoboldo wrote:Wow, we're not even PG threads anymore?
Low point indeed.

The end of season has been a disaster. All the enthusiasm is gone.

At this point I would not risk having Zach go down in a late season injury for no reason. I'd shut him down at this point. We might as well play the kids and see who is worth keeping. Play Mokoka, Green, Dotson, Arci, and Valentine major minutes. Hope to lose out the remainder of this miserable season and PRAY for some lottery ball love.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#156 » by weneeda2guard » Sat May 1, 2021 7:58 pm

Little Nathan wrote:Just at least give Dotson a fair chance, Billy. It’s not like it matters at this point. I just don’t get how this hasn’t happened yet.

Otherwise I’d very much like a "skip to the end of the season"-button to press. Season is over.

It's clear at this point Dotson was a place holder and they don't want to play Dotson because they don't want to pay Dotson.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,586

Post#157 » by Ice Man » Sat May 1, 2021 11:19 pm

Almost Retired wrote:Portis didn't look half bad. 16 points in 28 minutes. 14 reb. Not bad for a two time cast off. For all his faults he certainly added an element of toughness when he was on the court for us. And he certainly ain't afraid to shoot the basketball. PAW could use a few aggressiveness lessons from Bobby.

Bobby was great. He defended well too. I'm convinced that our rookies are consistently worse than most Bulls fans believe and our 3rd year players are generally better than they believe. I would cite Bobby, Doug, Tony, and Wendell as evidence for that statement.
Almost Retired
Rookie

Post#158 » by Almost Retired » Sun May 2, 2021 2:07 am

Ice Man wrote:
Almost Retired wrote:Portis didn't look half bad. 16 points in 28 minutes. 14 reb. Not bad for a two time cast off. For all his faults he certainly added an element of toughness when he was on the court for us. And he certainly ain't afraid to shoot the basketball. PAW could use a few aggressiveness lessons from Bobby.

Bobby was great. He defended well too. I'm convinced that our rookies are consistently worse than most Bulls fans believe and our 3rd year players are generally better than they believe. I would cite Bobby, Doug, Tony, and Wendell as evidence for that statement.

And what did we get for Dinwiddie and E'Twan Moore....they proved to be productive players for somebody else.

Return to Chicago Bulls