Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#741 » by BearlyBallin » Sat May 1, 2021 6:51 pm

On the clock ...

@163 WFT select: S Darrick Forrest, Cinn
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#742 » by Wizardspride » Sat May 1, 2021 7:21 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#743 » by tontoz » Sat May 1, 2021 7:28 pm

I think maybe Rivera likes fast guys.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#744 » by Illuminaire » Sat May 1, 2021 7:33 pm

tontoz wrote:I think maybe Rivera likes fast guys.

He seems extremely confident in his staff's ability to drill the basics into any young player. There is a clear organizational strategy centered around taking extraordinary athletes and project players, built around the belief that they can train their skills and IQ up enough to make them excellent overall players.

There will be misses, but I respect the strategic approached tailored to the team's coaching strengths. There is a big picture design to this we haven't seen in a long time.
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#745 » by WallToWall » Sat May 1, 2021 7:59 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Lol one profile says he’s not athletic & the next says his athletic ability as a HS track, football & basketball star shows in his play. Some say he has ability to make plays down field & the next says he’s a close to the line of scrimmage safety valve. One says he can block & the next says he struggles in the blocking game. WTF ?

But all agreed he’s got sure hands.
When you get this far in the draft, all the write-ups on players vary between "sucks" and "steal of the draft". Nobody really knows. But you kinda hope that this is where scouts, coaches, and talent evaluators earn their keep. They should know how to evaluate better than the sports journalists, one would hope.
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#746 » by BearlyBallin » Sat May 1, 2021 8:01 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#747 » by Wizardspride » Sat May 1, 2021 8:09 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,356

Post#748 » by doclinkin » Sat May 1, 2021 8:15 pm

Illuminaire wrote:

He seems extremely confident in his staff's ability to drill the basics into any young player. There is a clear organizational strategy centered around taking extraordinary athletes and project players, built around the belief that they can train their skills and IQ up enough to make them excellent overall players.

There will be misses, but I respect the strategic approached tailored to the team's coaching strengths. There is a big picture design to this we haven't seen in a long time.

Yeah this is a hopeful sign. That he feels like he can shape or mentor any raw talent. He picks best ATHLETE available, more than best player. I tend to like smart gamers and grinders, the sort of player that Belichick always finds following an opposite philosophy looking for production even if the measurables fall short, but still if you pit a number of hypertalents against each other in gladiator school practice you are bound to shape a few into stand-outs and super stars. High upside. I also like the idea that they are not in a hurry. Some of the raw talents are not 'win now' players, and may take a minute to shape. I think RR is willing to take a loss here and there to put players on the learning curve with an upward track. With developmental prospects you expect a few to flame out, but each year a handful may stick, and their upside may be higher than those who are ready earlier but without stardom in their future.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#749 » by gambitx777 » Sat May 1, 2021 8:16 pm

Did we make a trade lol

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#750 » by Wizardspride » Sat May 1, 2021 8:16 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#751 » by BearlyBallin » Sat May 1, 2021 8:18 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#752 » by BearlyBallin » Sat May 1, 2021 8:28 pm

Rats Evans goes to the Bengals...

~ Confucius about 500 BC
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#753 » by tontoz » Sat May 1, 2021 8:39 pm

doclinkin wrote:
Illuminaire wrote:

Yeah this is a hopeful sign. That he feels like he can shape or mentor any raw talent. He picks best ATHLETE available, more than best player. I tend to like smart gamers and grinders, the sort of player that Belichick always finds following an opposite philosophy looking for production even if the measurables fall short, but still if you pit a number of hypertalents against each other in gladiator school practice you are bound to shape a few into stand-outs and super stars. High upside. I also like the idea that they are not in a hurry. Some of the raw talents are not 'win now' players, and may take a minute to shape. I think RR is willing to take a loss here and there to put players on the learning curve with an upward track. With developmental prospects you expect a few to flame out, but each year a handful may stick, and their upside may be higher than those who are ready earlier but without stardom in their future.

Belichicks draft record is actually pretty lame. He is good at finding undervalued NFL players who fit his system.

In the draft he seems to rely a lot on his college coach buddies which hasn't worked well. That is probably the main reason Brady left. Not enough talent around him.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#754 » by gambitx777 » Sat May 1, 2021 8:43 pm

Traded 22 5th for a 6 and a 7 hmmmmmmm well we have 4 picks left lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#755 » by Wizardspride » Sat May 1, 2021 8:44 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#756 » by BearlyBallin » Sat May 1, 2021 9:13 pm

Bears get Herbert...

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#757 » by BearlyBallin » Sat May 1, 2021 9:24 pm

Hope the pick @225 is worth our 2022 5th RD Pick

Wonder if they have any interest in Trey Smith G Tennessee...

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#758 » by BearlyBallin » Sat May 1, 2021 9:35 pm

Pick is in ...

LS Cheeseman

I had hoped we’d get him in the 7th, but the pick @222 changed that.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,353

Post#759 » by Kanyewest » Sat May 1, 2021 9:41 pm

Read on Twitter
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#760 » by BearlyBallin » Sat May 1, 2021 9:52 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:Hope the pick @225 is worth our 2022 5th RD Pick

Wonder if they have any interest in Trey Smith G Tennessee...

KC takes him with the pick @226 lol

~ Confucius about 500 BC

Return to Washington Wizards