Image ImageImage Image

Bulls @ Hawks 7PM

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Mk0
RealGM
And1: 14,835

Re: Bulls @ Hawks 7PM 

Post#41 » by Mk0 » Sun May 2, 2021 12:50 am

Patrick just trucked Gallo. Straight wrecked.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
chefo
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,386

Post#42 » by chefo » Sun May 2, 2021 12:53 am

Mk0 wrote:Patrick just trucked Gallo. Straight wrecked.

Which tells you he can probably truck 90% of wings in the NBA. Gallo is a big, strong guy. He needs to get in his head that he needs to play better. Every minute of every game.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,025

Post#43 » by coldfish » Sun May 2, 2021 12:57 am

I was a huge fan of the Vucevic trade and begged for him well before hand. I thought he would come in and take over the Thad role and be an offensive hub at the top of the key.

That hasn't happened at all. I was just telling someone that Vucevic may have been one of my worst player calls in my life. He functionally broke the motion offense and pounds the ball too much. Add in a bunch of low percentage shots and you got a real team killer. His rebounds are nice but for the most part, Vuc is the emptiest of empty stats.

Hopefully this feeling is wrong because if this read is accurate, the Bulls are in trouble for a very long time.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,843

Post#44 » by meekrab » Sun May 2, 2021 12:59 am

chefo wrote:
Mk0 wrote:Patrick just trucked Gallo. Straight wrecked.

Which tells you he can probably truck 90% of wings in the NBA. Gallo is a big, strong guy. He needs to get in his head that he needs to play better. Every minute of every game.

You can just tell looking at him Pat is buff, he's not one of those typical noodle-armed rookies. He looks huge compared to John Collins, for instance.
Neonblazer
Sophomore
And1: 88

Post#45 » by Neonblazer » Sun May 2, 2021 12:59 am

14 assists already.

I'm just going to say it out loud. We dont have Vuc or Lavine ruining this for us.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,348

Post#46 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sun May 2, 2021 12:59 am

I have never seen Patrick Williams this active in a game. Keep it up sir and maybe I will be back at shotgun.
The Cult of Personality
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,124

Post#47 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Sun May 2, 2021 1:04 am

coldfish wrote:I was a huge fan of the Vucevic trade and begged for him well before hand. I thought he would come in and take over the Thad role and be an offensive hub at the top of the key.

That hasn't happened at all. I was just telling someone that Vucevic may have been one of my worst player calls in my life. He functionally broke the motion offense and pounds the ball too much. Add in a bunch of low percentage shots and you got a real team killer. His rebounds are nice but for the most part, Vuc is the emptiest of empty stats.

Hopefully this feeling is wrong because if this read is accurate, the Bulls are in trouble for a very long time.

worth considering that he hasn't had much of an opportunity to be integrated into the system.
meekrab
RealGM

Post#48 » by meekrab » Sun May 2, 2021 1:05 am

Neonblazer wrote:14 assists already.

I'm just going to say it out loud. We dont have Vuc or Lavine ruining this for us.

Zach only leads the team in assists but sure he ruins the offense. :crazy:
chefo
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,386

Post#49 » by chefo » Sun May 2, 2021 1:08 am

Holy carry Batman (Trae). Dude, they call that a travel on the playground. How do they let him get away with that?
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#50 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sun May 2, 2021 1:09 am

That was Patrick Williams best half of his career. Perfect timing sir. Give me hope.
The Cult of Personality
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,704

Post#51 » by BullChit » Sun May 2, 2021 1:10 am

Neonblazer wrote:14 assists already.

Yeah your right, this is clearly the roster that will lead us to glory

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,536

Post#52 » by PaKii94 » Sun May 2, 2021 1:11 am

SalmonsSuperfan wrote:
coldfish wrote:I was a huge fan of the Vucevic trade and begged for him well before hand. I thought he would come in and take over the Thad role and be an offensive hub at the top of the key.

worth considering that he hasn't had much of an opportunity to be integrated into the system.

The system was pretty basic for Thad. Pnr to the short roll, find the open man.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,676

Post#53 » by GoBlue72391 » Sun May 2, 2021 1:12 am

That last 3 PWill shot his release was much quicker and all in one motion compared to the slow release he usually has.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,536

Post#54 » by PaKii94 » Sun May 2, 2021 1:13 am

I was happy for the trade too. Thing is he could still be that but for some reason they decided to completely abandon a well functioning system. Then you add in the defensive seive he is on the other end and we are left with blah
HOTCARL_o
Sixth Man
And1: 155

Post#55 » by HOTCARL_o » Sun May 2, 2021 1:13 am

Vuc was one of the targets I really wanted to trade and loved the trade but agree. His presence killed the motion and would’ve been nice if they focused on getting Lonzo while still adding Theis and TBJ during the deadline. I’m hoping they’ll be able to fix this next season with a full offseason and practices to get it together.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#56 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sun May 2, 2021 1:16 am

I cant put my finger on it but in theory it should have worked out as you said.

I think the difference is alot of times Vooch will just launch it with no ball moment. While Thad actually waits for things to happen, then makes a decision. It could be because Thad has played with the team for nearly 2 seasons and Vooch is new. We will know for sure next season though.

But at the moment, the chemistry just isnt there yet with Vooch and Zach or Vooch and anyone else. We need Zach and Vooch to be far better than Zach and Thad.
The Cult of Personality
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,124

Post#57 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Sun May 2, 2021 1:17 am

PaKii94 wrote:
SalmonsSuperfan wrote:

The system was pretty basic for Thad. Pnr to the short roll, find the open man.

Sure but you may recall the bulls weren’t running the offense particularly well out the gate this season even with a training camp.
meekrab
RealGM

Post#58 » by meekrab » Sun May 2, 2021 1:20 am

Thad has 12pts 4 rebounds and 5 assists right now, that elusive first career triple double is possible tonight.
Clocian
RealGM
And1: 2,574

Post#59 » by Clocian » Sun May 2, 2021 1:22 am

Man it's only been half a game at the end of our season and already people saying we better without vuc (and zach) lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
Damn I love Hip Hop!
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#60 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sun May 2, 2021 1:24 am

Clocian wrote:Man it's only been half a game at the end of our season and already people saying we better without vuc (and zach) lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app

Nah we know better. You also have to factor in the other team playing down to competition.
The Cult of Personality

Return to Chicago Bulls