Image ImageImage Image

PG: 8 more games to go

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,374

Re: PG: 8 more games to go 

Post#21 » by DuckIII » Sun May 2, 2021 5:15 am

SfBull wrote:
Red8911 wrote:No Vucevic or Lavine, are they now officially tanking ? What a joke this has become, Orlando is going to end up with a better pick, not top 4 but a pretty high pick. Sick of this team and their losing.

They're developing PWill.

And Zach got COVID. It’s not a conspiracy. We aren’t good.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#22 » by DuckIII » Sun May 2, 2021 5:18 am

CobyWhite0 wrote:
MJPipRose wrote:Trae Young gets the most fouls that are just not fouls. What was that quote from someone saying what he does is not basketball? Man it looked suspect tonight. Anyways Bulls with yet another loss, cant put together a 48 minute game.

Young is taking over for James Harden as the "superstar" nobody wants to see play because of the crap fouls the officials call in their favor.

I fully expect him to disappear in the playoffs, just like Harden always does because they aren't being given 6-8 points per game on bogus foul calls.

They are the two most unwatchable players in the NBA.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,205

Post#23 » by fleet » Sun May 2, 2021 5:22 am

HOTCARL_o wrote:As long as PWill wakes up and does something the remaining games that would be great. Then off to the lottery and hope we get rewarded for not tanking.

Wakes up. More like is suddenly in a more prominent role where he feels his individual play is needed by the team.

Him getting minutes no matter his stat lines probably means the coach feels he is following instructions regardless of his performance numbers in terms of doing his role. Days like this suggest as he rises in the pecking order in years to come, so might his fan-pleasing numbers.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
FranchisePlayer
Sixth Man
And1: 598

Post#24 » by FranchisePlayer » Sun May 2, 2021 5:40 am

Coby White, good lord... Trade him asap.
MrSparkle wrote:I don't see a scenario here or there where Lauri becomes the "7-pick we thought he could be." If you remove his 3P ability, he's worse than Felicio by a mile.

12/2/2022
I like the quote- it makes me chuckle. And it was/is pretty much true.
JimmyButler21
Starter
And1: 1,558

Post#25 » by JimmyButler21 » Sun May 2, 2021 5:51 am

Run the team through Pat the last 8 games and let's see what we have and give him momentum into 2021-22
FranchisePlayer
Sixth Man
And1: 598

Post#26 » by FranchisePlayer » Sun May 2, 2021 6:03 am

beeshma wrote:I watched most of the game. The one thing I won't do is make any conclusions about any players, coach, plays, or system.

We are in the dog days of the season without our 2 best players. Clearly none of what we see on the court matters.

Yeah, irrelevant.
MrSparkle wrote:I don't see a scenario here or there where Lauri becomes the "7-pick we thought he could be." If you remove his 3P ability, he's worse than Felicio by a mile.

12/2/2022
I like the quote- it makes me chuckle. And it was/is pretty much true.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,762

Post#27 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun May 2, 2021 7:04 am

Lonzo Ball just had a Hell of game. Better than anything a point guard has done for us all season.

33 points, 11 rebs, 8 assists, 3 stls, 8 threes made
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,205

Post#28 » by fleet » Sun May 2, 2021 8:47 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:Lonzo Ball just had a Hell of game. Better than anything a point guard has done for us all season.

The only remaining question on him is health. His game keeps improving as long as his body is right.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
nekorajo
Bench Warmer
And1: 572

Post#29 » by nekorajo » Sun May 2, 2021 12:10 pm

At this point, my main take away is a nagging concern that I hoped that Donovan would disprove before the season ended. Billy is not a good tactician on offense or defense. He's has had plenty of opportunities to prove otherwise.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,871

Post#30 » by Wingy » Sun May 2, 2021 2:15 pm

Hello, PLW...so very nice to see you.

Can’t stand the way Trae Young is officiated. Disgusting. Joke. No wonder the players don’t respect him (all star voting) despite his obvious skills. Not that I blame him...if they’re gonna blow the whistle in your favor all the time, why wouldn’t you do that stuff?
Hugi Mancura
Sixth Man
And1: 1,096

Post#31 » by Hugi Mancura » Sun May 2, 2021 2:21 pm

HOTCARL_o wrote:As long as PWill wakes up and does something the remaining games that would be great. Then off to the lottery and hope we get rewarded for not tanking.

Well, Bulls are tanking now. Odds of landing in top 4 with seventh worst record is 11% higher (31% vs 20%) with 7:th worst record than 9:th. So they are going to do everything in their power to end up behind Toronto and Sacramento.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by DuckIII » Sun May 2, 2021 2:30 pm

Hugi Mancura wrote:

Well, Bulls are tanking now. Odds of landing in top 4 with seventh worst record is 11% higher (31% vs 20%) with 7:th worst record than 9:th. So they are going to do everything in their power to end up behind Toronto and Sacramento.

We’ll see but I doubt it very much. Zach will clear protocols and when he does he’s going to play. I don’t really know why Vuc did not play but I expect him back very soon.

The Bulls have shown no signs that they will make intentional decisions to lose on purpose.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#33 » by Am2626 » Sun May 2, 2021 2:46 pm

fleet wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:Lonzo Ball just had a Hell of game. Better than anything a point guard has done for us all season.

The only remaining question on him is health. His game keeps improving as long as his body is right.

It’s too bad the Bulls weren’t able to swing a trade for him at the trade deadline. Their offer was Sato and 2 second round picks. Should have just offered Lauri straight up for Lonzo.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#34 » by Am2626 » Sun May 2, 2021 2:51 pm

DuckIII wrote:
Hugi Mancura wrote:

We’ll see but I doubt it very much. Zach will clear protocols and when he does he’s going to play. I don’t really know why Vuc did not play but I expect him back very soon.

The Bulls have shown no signs that they will make intentional decisions to lose on purpose.

Vuc’s last minute scratch seems a little suspicious but we will see. There are plenty of things the Bulls can do without blatantly making it obvious that they are not doing everything possible to win that game. Even Donovan can with his lineup decisions during the game. At this point the only favorable outcome is for the Bulls to lose all of these games.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,622

Post#35 » by dougthonus » Sun May 2, 2021 5:19 pm

Neonblazer wrote:But the offense in team sense was better.

Probably why we had a low assist rate and 97 points against one of the worst defenses in the league.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,622

Post#36 » by dougthonus » Sun May 2, 2021 5:30 pm

DuckIII wrote:
Hugi Mancura wrote:

May not matter whether they try to intentionally lose. If they're playing against healthy rosters, the only team they'll be clearly favored against the rest of the year is Detroit. Doesn't mean they'll lose all of them of course, nor that we won't end up getting a couple games against teams resting either.

At the same time, wouldn't surprise me if Zach just misses the rest of the season either. He may come out of the protocols but may not be physically ready given that there are only two weeks left of the season.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,504

PG: 8 more games to go 

Post#37 » by Andi Obst » Sun May 2, 2021 6:55 pm

I’d really like to know what Dotson and Green have done to deserve being behind Arci and Aminu in the rotation, especially at this point of the season.

Arci is giving you nothing on either end, you won’t pick up his option for next season and you know there’s no point in bringing him back at this point. So why not at least try Dotson? I’m not saying he’ll be good, he might just suck, but what to we have to lose? Generally, just not having players on two-ways would probably be smarter for this team because we don’t use them anyway. Adam Mokoka has taken one of those spots for two years in a row and I still don’t know why. Hell, he probably doesn’t know why. Might as well save the money.

And there’s just no way Aminu should be seeing minutes. He was a salary dump in the Vuc trade and we’ll be looking to dump him again as soon as the offseason begins. The Hawks announcers almost felt bad for him, that’s how helpless he looked on offense. There’s no possible way Green can be worse than that.

I know those are minor issues in the grand scheme of things, but it’s still annoying to me. This kind of stuff kept happening under GarPax and I hoped we could leave that behind.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,193

Post#38 » by Red8911 » Sun May 2, 2021 8:11 pm

DuckIII wrote:
SfBull wrote:
Red8911 wrote:No Vucevic or Lavine, are they now officially tanking ? What a joke this has become, Orlando is going to end up with a better pick, not top 4 but a pretty high pick. Sick of this team and their losing.

They're developing PWill.

And Zach got COVID. It’s not a conspiracy. We aren’t good.

No one said he didn’t have Covid but he’s been fine and with the team since Friday. Why isn’t he playing ?
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,193

Post#39 » by Red8911 » Sun May 2, 2021 8:15 pm

Am2626 wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
Hugi Mancura wrote:

Vuc’s last minute scratch seems a little suspicious but we will see. There are plenty of things the Bulls can do without blatantly making it obvious that they are not doing everything possible to win that game. Even Donovan can with his lineup decisions during the game. At this point the only favorable outcome is for the Bulls to lose all of these games.
The Bulls got lucky last year with the 4th pick. What are the odds of that happening again? I just don’t see it. The trade was made to win now but that backfired into missing the playoffs and losing the pick. Just a failed season for Donovan and AK.
Pentele
Sophomore
And1: 176

Post#40 » by Pentele » Sun May 2, 2021 8:29 pm

Red8911 wrote:
Am2626 wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

The Bulls got lucky last year with the 4th pick. What are the odds of that happening again? I just don’t see it. The trade was made to win now but that backfired into missing the playoffs and losing the pick. Just a failed season for Donovan and AK.

What are the odds? The odds are unaffected by last year's luck.

Return to Chicago Bulls