ImageImageImageImage

Crying about wins thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,627

Crying about wins thread 

Post#1 » by Skybox » Sun May 2, 2021 11:31 am

I just thought it might be efficient to have a thread where all of the people who feel compelled to point out how this org isn’t properly tanking after every basket by a rookie or veteran castoff. This way, we all won’t have to fill EVERY other thread with the same comments after each decent game. So, this could be a safe therapeutic place to proclaim the winning ways of our superstars without turning all Magic threads into “we should have Luka but we beat DAL that time”. I know, I know, winning pointless games down the stretch is bad ...now we can all commiserate in one spot...if I don’t get banned, this will no doubt be the most active thread :lol:

What’d you guys think of the MEM game...rooks pulled out a big win?
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,960

Re: Crying about wins thread 

Post#2 » by Xatticus » Sun May 2, 2021 1:54 pm

I mean... there is a reason why George Santayana is my avatar.

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”

-George Santayana

I get why some are so bothered. We've been through this before. Even when we decide to tank, we somehow manage to **** it up. If our front office thought that it was mission accomplished when they traded Vucevic, Fournier, and Gordon, they were very much mistaken. Those were not our best players this year.

This one doesn't bother me as much as the last one, but win no. 20 with nine games left couldn't mean much less to me and there is a definite cost attached to it. This game is probably won because we signed Wagner. Was it worth it?

We are only one win behind CLE and OKC now. We are in the same slot we were in at the deadline, but we could easily end up 6th when it's all said and done. If the goal was to tank for the remainder of the season, then we are kind of botching it aren't we?

Oh... and this is a really dumb thread. If you want to insult people for complaining in a game thread, do so in that game thread instead of making a new one.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,773

Re: Crying about wins thread 

Post#3 » by ChosenSavior » Sun May 2, 2021 2:26 pm

This thread is 100% unnecessary. People on this forum should be able to express themselves as they please. The amount of despair coming from people whenever the Magic actually win does get grating a bit but I can see it from the tanking perspective. Shunning people who feel this way though isn't the wave.

Return to Orlando Magic