ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: I'm surprised no one set one up!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

TheRealDeal
RealGM
And1: 11,821

Re: PG: I'm surprised no one set one up! 

Post#61 » by TheRealDeal » Sun May 2, 2021 3:42 pm

All our fans do now is hate on Pascal. Y’all sounds miserable
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Post#62 » by Dennis 37 » Sun May 2, 2021 3:43 pm

Ref_from_hell wrote:Hot take?

Raptors make the finals and potentially beat the Lakers if not for Pascal laying a dump against Boston

Why are you here?

It took me 15 years to block someone, and I anticipate the second will be happening soon.

It's not Pascal's fault the Raptors dumped a pile of money in his lap. He's on our team and we should support him through good and bad.

As for people wanting to trade him. Trade him for what? Every other team sees the inconsistency in effort and decision making that we do. So are we going to get equal value back for him? If so, what is the point? You have to trade from a position of strength.

As I have said many times. We lost against the Celtics because Nurse stayed 5 minutes too long with Marc. When you have strength on your bench you need to use it. Even with Pascal having bubbleitis, we could have won that series with 5 more minutes of Ibaka.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Post#63 » by Vlade Divac » Sun May 2, 2021 4:47 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:
It's not Pascal's fault the Raptors dumped a pile of money in his lap. He's on our team and we should support him through good and bad.

As for people wanting to trade him. Trade him for what? Every other team sees the inconsistency in effort and decision making that we do. So are we going to get equal value back for him? If so, what is the point? You have to trade from a position of strength.

So it’s not his fault? There is something called responsibility to yourself first and than to your employers. Our fan base is the most forgiving and he needs to show effort and improvement over stretch of games and all will be forgotten. Not to be the worst player on the court not only offensively but defensively too.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,760

Post#64 » by Basketball_Jones » Sun May 2, 2021 5:20 pm

Siakam seems to have been pretty bad against this stretch of good teams. Not a good sign, but I’m willing to give him and pretty much the entire team a pass on this covid season. Let’s tank it and regroup next year where they’ll probably be a playoff team playing in their normal city with fans
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,098

Post#65 » by tecumseh18 » Sun May 2, 2021 5:28 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:Siakam seems to have been pretty bad against this stretch of good teams. Not a good sign, but I’m willing to give him and pretty much the entire team a pass on this covid season. Let’s tank it and regroup next year where they’ll probably be a playoff team playing in their normal city with fans

He's just completely out of gas lately. The end of the season can't come soon enough (although I enjoy savouring the losses, and will miss not having the Raps for five months.

Nobody was questioning Pascal's contract last year when he earned second team all-NBA. Pascal represents a huge part of the future upside of the Raptors. There's no-one we could trade him for that would represent the same upside. We can't sign good free agents, so having the extra money is of no use. In any case, the combined salaries next year of Fred, OG, Pascal and (I assume) Birch will represent good value going forward. Not worried.
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,167

Post#66 » by HiJiNX » Sun May 2, 2021 7:03 pm

Multiple things can be true at the same time. Our bench is ass, our coach doesn’t stagger lineups well enough, FVV carried us offensively but also played too much hero ball down the stretch, COVID has had a huge impact on the team and Siakam had a putrid defensive effort. Utah was just targeting him all game, especially in the first half and Bogdonavic and Ingles (and even Forrest, whoever that is) gave him that work. It was probably is worst effort since the game that got him benched. It was a really bad night from him. Dude is an enigma. When he’s on he looks like a top 10 player and when he’s not on he’s a liability. It would be fine for him to play like ass sometimes if his attitude was better. Failing isn’t the issue I think fans have with him, but the attitude that comes with it. I get that he’s burnt out physically but at least go down fighting. The team has intentionally hid him from the media all season and is doing everything they can to support now with the pro-Siakam narratives coming from the team’s announcing team every night, but he also needs to step up and mature. His game is one thing but his mindset is another. He’s being quite petulant out there not realizing he isn’t owed anything. The NBA is a man’s league and he needs to earn his stripes. Fans are quick to forget about whatever he did in the last two years prior to the bubble. In sports you have to prove it every game and if you’re supposed to be a leader you can’t consistently display the body language he does as it brings down the team. He needs a mentor in the worst way because mentally he just hasn’t gotten there yet.
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,603

Post#67 » by Ackshun » Sun May 2, 2021 7:20 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:

Raptors make the finals and potentially beat the Lakers if not for Pascal laying a dump against Boston

As I have said many times. We lost against the Celtics because Nurse stayed 5 minutes too long with Marc. When you have strength on your bench you need to use it. Even with Pascal having bubbleitis, we could have won that series with 5 more minutes of Ibaka.

There is always gonna be two sides to the coin. Some could argue that we could have wrapped the series up sooner if Pascal didn't shoot 9% on five 3pt per game, or 39% overall. He shot 61% at the free throw line. In a 7 game series, he scored over 20 points only once, with 13 points in a game 7 matchup. I think it's pretty unacceptable that he shrank to that level. Even more frustrating with his stupid "didn't pick up a ball" comment prior. Like, check your ego Pascal.

I get the defensive schemes were very very tough on Pascal. And it's not his fault he got the money bag. But Gasol playing an extra 5 minutes was a very very very small factor in the grand, 30 million dollar contract scheme of things.
Dennis 37
RealGM

Post#68 » by Dennis 37 » Sun May 2, 2021 8:04 pm

Vlade Divac wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:

So it’s not his fault? There is something called responsibility to yourself first and than to your employers. Our fan base is the most forgiving and he needs to show effort and improvement over stretch of games and all will be forgotten. Not to be the worst player on the court not only offensively but defensively too.

It is the coach's job to keep him accountable not ours. If you have a complaint about how he is used, or if he needs less minutes, or whatever consequence for his inconsistent play, that is on the coach.

Why are we a forgiving fanbase? We are a forgiving fanbase because we are not a tier 1 FA destination, and I don't believe we will ever be. We have what we have, and the number of times we have been able to trade flawed player for superior player was once and he turned out to be a rental.

There is no upside to hating on our players.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,190

Post#69 » by Tofubeque » Sun May 2, 2021 9:01 pm

ratul wrote:Trade pascal and end this nightmare. He is a good stats, bad team guy like Kevin Love, Zach Levine and Antoine Walker

Ah yes those classic bad Raptors teams he broke out on, the 2018-19 NBA champion Raptors and the 2019-20 Raptors that had the 2nd best record in the league. A real empty stats guy. You're right, his time in Toronto has been a nightmare.
props Turbozone
revvolutions
Starter
And1: 1,270

Post#70 » by revvolutions » Mon May 3, 2021 3:24 am

Is it safe to say that Pascal can't afford another season like this, three **** seasons in a row can't fly.
[img]http://i57.tinypic.com/bfj4f4.png[/im2g]
Dennis 37
RealGM

Post#71 » by Dennis 37 » Mon May 3, 2021 3:29 am

Ackshun wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:

There is always gonna be two sides to the coin. Some could argue that we could have wrapped the series up sooner if Pascal didn't shoot 9% on five 3pt per game, or 39% overall. He shot 61% at the free throw line. In a 7 game series, he scored over 20 points only once, with 13 points in a game 7 matchup. I think it's pretty unacceptable that he shrank to that level. Even more frustrating with his stupid "didn't pick up a ball" comment prior. Like, check your ego Pascal.

I get the defensive schemes were very very tough on Pascal. And it's not his fault he got the money bag. But Gasol playing an extra 5 minutes was a very very very small factor in the grand, 30 million dollar contract scheme of things.

The point is we had Serge on the bench. Who was coming off the bench to play PF, who we knew for certain would have made a difference?
Maxpainmedia:
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,603

Post#72 » by Ackshun » Mon May 3, 2021 3:31 am

Dennis 37 wrote:
Ackshun wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:

The point is we had Serge on the bench. Who was coming off the bench to play PF, who we knew for certain would have made a difference?

I just I think we can't really say for certain. He was -27 in the series but was having a better game in the finale.
Dennis 37
RealGM

Post#73 » by Dennis 37 » Mon May 3, 2021 3:35 am

Tofubeque wrote:
ratul wrote:Trade pascal and end this nightmare. He is a good stats, bad team guy like Kevin Love, Zach Levine and Antoine Walker

Ah yes those classic bad Raptors teams he broke out on, the 2018-19 NBA champion Raptors and the 2019-20 Raptors that had the 2nd best record in the league. A real empty stats guy. You're right, his time in Toronto has been a nightmare.

I'm watching him get 20 in the first half against LeBron and AD, yet he is clearly washed.
Maxpainmedia:
ratul
General Manager
And1: 4,402

Post#74 » by ratul » Mon May 3, 2021 7:07 am

Dennis 37 wrote:
Tofubeque wrote:

I'm watching him get 20 in the first half against LeBron and AD, yet he is clearly washed.

Yeah, I guess Kyle has nothing to do with our PFs becoming beasts. When kyle is gone, siakam will be trash.
Dennis 37
RealGM

Post#75 » by Dennis 37 » Mon May 3, 2021 2:43 pm

ratul wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:
Tofubeque wrote:

Yeah, I guess Kyle has nothing to do with our PFs becoming beasts. When kyle is gone, siakam will be trash.

At 1:42 where Pascal schools AD, what did that have to do with Kyle?
[youtube]
[/youtube]
Maxpainmedia:
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,572

Post#76 » by DreamTeam09 » Mon May 3, 2021 2:48 pm

lol i'm noteven going to comment on ppl actually lying to themselves while watching the same thing everyone is watching, lol this is crazy. S/o to Pascal n the entire Raps team

In Raptor Ball I Trust
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,621

Post#77 » by WaltFrazier » Mon May 3, 2021 6:38 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
Ref_from_hell wrote:Pascal is slowly becoming our Rudy Gay.

I get that he competes defensively, but I've seen so many lazy plays on defense. His guy gets by him easy or he makes a stupid decision.

Yeah he underperforms on D considering the skills he has.
Kind of like on offense

Well he turned that around last night. Now to just do that every game
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#78 » by will » Tue May 4, 2021 5:56 pm

How many more games remain this season?
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#79 » by Indeed » Tue May 4, 2021 6:27 pm

will wrote:How many more games remain this season?

7 games left
Clippers x 2 = 2
Playin (Grizzles, Pacers) = 2
Playoff (Mavericks) = 1

Important game
Wizzards = 1
Bulls = 1 (they don't have their pick, assume we will get the win)
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,880

Post#80 » by agkagk » Tue May 4, 2021 6:30 pm

Most impressively disappointing win in some time.

Things I wish to see rest of year:

1) siakam hitting at least 35% of his threes.

2) The raptors losing all their games.

Return to Toronto Raptors