2022 NBA Draft

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,126

Re: 2022 NBA Draft 

Post#21 » by clyde21 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:34 pm

yea, was gonna say that, looks like a very front court loaded class, not a lot of good guards at all at this point, maybe Sallis can impress I have some faith there but other than that, meh. if you need a combo f or big tho this is the class for you.
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#22 » by nolang1 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:00 am

UCLA is going to be pretty loaded if Juzang comes back, but either way I could see Peyton Watson having the type of season people were expecting BJ Boston to have.

As far as guards I think Kennedy Chandler's jumper has come around to the point that he doesn't have any weaknesses besides his size. He's a better athlete and defender than Sharife Cooper and probably a better shooter too. If he were 6'4 he'd be in the mix for #1 but he could still be a lotto pick with a big freshman year. Surely the overall weakness of the incoming guards class factored in to someone like Mathurin already deciding to return though.
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,907

Post#23 » by tundraknight » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:35 am

I remember when they were calling this the “Super Draft”

But I guess the rule change won’t be happening by then?

So we’ll have to wait for the 2023 Draft for Emoni Bates etc.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#24 » by clyde21 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:53 pm

Gonzaga gets Rasir Bolton via portal

Nembhard / Bolton
Sallis / Harris
Strawther / Arlauskas
Chet / Watson
Timme / Perry / Gregg

stupid strong group again, should be easy F4 team
clyde21
RealGM

Post#25 » by clyde21 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:55 pm

Read on Twitter
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#26 » by nolang1 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:34 pm

tundraknight wrote:I remember when they were calling this the “Super Draft”

But I guess the rule change won’t be happening by then?

So we’ll have to wait for the 2023 Draft for Emoni Bates etc.

Annual reminder that prospects have the option of reclassifying right up until the next season begins, so just because someone is listed in a particular high school class or even happens to be playing AAU at the moment doesn't mean they're going to be playing their senior season of high school next fall *coughEmoniBatescough*
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,142

Post#27 » by Mickey8 » Sun May 2, 2021 5:28 pm

Fischella wrote:I'd have

Banchero

Holmgren
Nzosa

Griffin
Baldwin
Jovic
Smith
Dieng
Houstan

Ahead of the rest, all front-court players by the way

I expect him to be the high lottery pick too, he will have all the freedom in the game the next season, handling the ball, creating and scoring. Also his hype has just began, he will play at Euroleague junior final tournament and u19 World championship this year , there will be lots of exposure for him against the top level of the competition.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#28 » by clyde21 » Sun May 2, 2021 10:55 pm

not really sure how Brown is ranked 15th or w/e, should be top5 easy, wouldn't be surprised he ends up top 3 in the draft, he's so **** good, might bump him to #4 ahead of Baldwin in my prelim top5.
Almond2Oak
Junior
And1: 317

Post#29 » by Almond2Oak » Mon May 3, 2021 1:19 pm

Fischella wrote:I'd have

Banchero

Holmgren
Nzosa

Griffin
Baldwin
Jovic
Smith
Dieng
Houstan

Ahead of the rest, all front-court players by the way

No Hardy in any tier?
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#30 » by Marcus » Tue May 4, 2021 4:49 pm

clyde21 wrote:very prelim top5 for me

Chet
Jabari
Banchero
Baldwin
Brown

no Jaden Hardy love?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
clyde21
RealGM

Post#31 » by clyde21 » Tue May 4, 2021 7:36 pm

Marcus wrote:

Chet
Jabari
Banchero
Baldwin
Brown

no Jaden Hardy love?

i'm meh on Hardy, he's kinda a less athletic version of Antman to me more or less, which is fine, but I don't think he belong in the top5 at this point, probably closer to 10.

who in this top5 would you take out for Hardy?
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#32 » by Marcus » Wed May 5, 2021 3:30 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Chet
Jabari
Banchero
Baldwin
Brown

no Jaden Hardy love?

i'm meh on Hardy, he's kinda a less athletic version of Antman to me more or less, which is fine, but I don't think he belong in the top5 at this point, probably closer to 10.

personally still iffy on Chet, not so much in terms of skill cause that's not a question but his size and playing style IMO means you'd have to draft him with the intent to use him like Jokic. I need to see the translation at the college level.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
clyde21
RealGM

Post#33 » by clyde21 » Wed May 5, 2021 5:08 pm

Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
no Jaden Hardy love?

personally still iffy on Chet, not so much in terms of skill cause that's not a question but his size and playing style IMO means you'd have to draft him with the intent to use him like Jokic. I need to see the translation at the college level.

that makes sense but i think there's a lot more to his game than him having to be an on-ball guy, he has some off-ball chops as a legitimate 3 level scorer, sophisticated for his age in that area, also the rim protection/help defense is already at a pretty high level.

who do you think has an argument over Chet at #1 at this point?
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#34 » by Marcus » Wed May 5, 2021 5:24 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

that makes sense but i think there's a lot more to his game than him having to be an on-ball guy, he has some off-ball chops as a legitimate 3 level scorer, sophisticated for his age in that area, also the rim protection/help defense is already at a pretty high level.

yeah with Chet there's a lot to love. the things you mentioned are very good sellers i just worry about wear and tear. as far as off ball if we're going PnP with some rim protection and nothing physical, can we say number 1 in terms of functionality and usefulness? I also think being under Few is going to hide a lot of questions i would have for him especially with Timme going back.

I might be in the minority in this but I really like Banchero and think he's scratching the surface on what he could be. Size, athleticism, dog, promising shot, needs to tighten up on defense in some aspects but it's more than workable.
Watch More Basketball

clyde21
RealGM

Post#35 » by clyde21 » Wed May 5, 2021 5:41 pm

Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

yeah with Chet there's a lot to love. the things you mentioned are very good sellers i just worry about wear and tear. as far as off ball if we're going PnP with some rim protection and nothing physical, can we say number 1 in terms of functionality and usefulness? I also think being under Few is going to hide a lot of questions i would have for him especially with Timme going back.

I might be in the minority in this but I really like Banchero and think he's scratching the surface on what he could be. Size, athleticism, dog, promising shot, needs to tighten up on defense in some aspects but it's more than workable.

i def get the love for Banchero, especially if the size is real and the playmaking is functional.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#36 » by Marcus » Wed May 5, 2021 5:57 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

i def get the love for Banchero, especially if the size is real and the playmaking is functional.

i expect both Chet and Banch to have very strong years. I think Banch is one of those advanced talents for the college level that will need to adjust in the league ala what Jah was with coach K. Banch has a broader skillset though so i don't see it as being as large of a transition.

Chet is just playing a phenomenal game of chess RN with the Zags signing. Coming off a dominant HS run and going to Few who is a fantastic coach with a highlight system where everything Chet does well can be on full display and anything he might be deficient at can be hidden. coupled with this new idea of "we now see what Mark Few can do with 5 star talent", Chet is in position to absolutely shine this year. I honestly don't see him giving anyone a reason to move him from the top spot based on play. Kind of similar to Cade last year.
Watch More Basketball

clyde21
RealGM

Post#37 » by clyde21 » Wed May 5, 2021 6:18 pm

Marcus wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Marcus wrote:

i expect both Chet and Banch to have very strong years. I think Banch is one of those advanced talents for the college level that will need to adjust in the league ala what Jah was with coach K. Banch has a broader skillset though so i don't see it as being as large of a transition.

Chet is just playing a phenomenal game of chess RN with the Zags signing. Coming off a dominant HS run and going to Few who is a fantastic coach with a highlight system where everything Chet does well can be on full display and anything he might be deficient at can be hidden. coupled with this new idea of "we now see what Mark Few can do with 5 star talent", Chet is in position to absolutely shine this year. I honestly don't see him giving anyone a reason to move him from the top spot based on play. Kind of similar to Cade last year.

yea you nailed it, he's a perfect fit for that Gonzaga offense and team, and I think playing the 4 next to Timme will actually highlight his versatility even more as a guy that can potentially play both 4/5 at a high level on both sides of the court...but yea, hard to see anyone knocking Chet off the top spot right now tbh.

if I had to go with a sleeper to do it it would be Brown, but that's just because I absolutely love this cat. still a stretch tho.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#38 » by clyde21 » Thu May 6, 2021 4:48 am

looks like Kentucky just got CJ Fredick to play PG after Hickman reneged

Fredrick / Mintz
Grady / Brooks
Allen / Toppin
Collins / Ware
Tshiebwe / Hopkins
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,307

Post#39 » by DirtyDez » Thu May 6, 2021 5:11 am

clyde21 wrote:looks like Kentucky just got CJ Fredick to play PG after Hickman reneged

Fredrick / Mintz
Grady / Brooks
Allen / Toppin
Collins / Ware
Tshiebwe / Hopkins

Tyty is deciding between UK/AZ on the 15th.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,762

Post#40 » by Upperclass » Thu May 6, 2021 12:51 pm

Chet is going to be great but this draft is going to be really bad imo

Return to NBA Draft