ImageImageImage

Post-Game Notes: POR 129, BOS 119 (34-31)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Re: Post-Game Notes: POR 129, BOS 119 (34-31) 

Post#61 » by greenroom31 » Mon May 3, 2021 2:24 am

In the last 5 games we have allowed the following point totals:

125 (L), 119 (L), 111(W), 140 (W/OT), 129 (L)

Pretty awful stretch defensively.
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,395

Post#62 » by threrf23 » Mon May 3, 2021 2:24 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
1st banana
Starter
And1: 3,013

Post#63 » by 1st banana » Mon May 3, 2021 2:24 am

KingofTheClay wrote:Browns a pathetic defender and a Andrew Wiggins/Rudy Gay type black hole on offense. His passing is worse than my Grandad’s.

This team got way better with Brown likely done for the season. Addiction by subtraction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s an awful thing to say maybe the board would be way better without you. Addition by subtraction.
CeltsFlow
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,716

Post#64 » by CeltsFlow » Mon May 3, 2021 2:25 am

Playing on Sunday sucks
Froob wrote:SVG is like JVG from an alternate reality where JVG is interested in talking about the game

Kabookalu wrote:[Dillon] Brooks has a mediocre driving game, but insists that he's prime Manu Ginobili.

It's time to win basketball games
KingofTheClay
Junior
And1: 200

Post#65 » by KingofTheClay » Mon May 3, 2021 2:26 am

Ideally we start the following:

Kemba Nesmith Fournier Tatum Rob

Get rid of Smart. He’s terrible

Get rid of Brown. He’s abominable.

SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,904

Post#66 » by SuperDeluxe » Mon May 3, 2021 2:26 am

threrf23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oops, looking at this video in slower motion shows that he did indeed hit him good where it hurts. The ejection was well deserved.
1st banana
Starter

Post#67 » by 1st banana » Mon May 3, 2021 2:26 am

Shak_Celts wrote:
1st banana wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:I never heard about getting Ejected, on 1 Tech.
Am I missing something?

I think that the League is going to Overturn the Ejection.

Gee thanks nba helps a whole lot now lol did he get like a delay of game tech or something like everyone just glazed over that he was thrown out. I thought flag 2 or two Ts was the only way to get ejected.

think they are saying he tried to hit him in the area... he did do it b4 but i didnt think this was the same as that.

Wouldn’t they just give him the flag 2 in that case? Like if they deem it an intention non basketball act or whatever it wouldn’t have been a T.
KingofTheClay
Junior

Post#68 » by KingofTheClay » Mon May 3, 2021 2:27 am

1st banana wrote:
KingofTheClay wrote:Browns a pathetic defender and a Andrew Wiggins/Rudy Gay type black hole on offense. His passing is worse than my Grandad’s.

This team got way better with Brown likely done for the season. Addiction by subtraction.

That’s an awful thing to say maybe the board would be way better without you. Addition by subtraction.

Cool I don’t care. Maybe that’s true.

Atleast I’m not delusional.

Browns absolutely HORRIBLE defensively. He’s also a black hole.

SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#69 » by SuperDeluxe » Mon May 3, 2021 2:28 am

1st banana wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:
1st banana wrote:Gee thanks nba helps a whole lot now lol did he get like a delay of game tech or something like everyone just glazed over that he was thrown out. I thought flag 2 or two Ts was the only way to get ejected.

think they are saying he tried to hit him in the area... he did do it b4 but i didnt think this was the same as that.

Wouldn’t they just give him the flag 2 in that case? Like if they deem it an intention non basketball act or whatever it wouldn’t have been a T.

Scal said during the broadcast that the league is very tough when it comes to hits to the groin. As it should be.
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,395

Post#70 » by threrf23 » Mon May 3, 2021 2:28 am

Ed Pinkney wrote:I really didn't like the way Brown played in the Spurs game and this was not just the poor shooting numbers. His game awareness/tunnel vision has been an issue recently, the box score indicates it might have been more of the same?

I missed both games, but he sort of played like that late last season, too, after Tatum got going. It was like he saw what Tatum was doing and was anxious to get his as well, every time he touched the ball his first instinct was to shoot, or otherwise consider shooting.

He was great in the playoffs though.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#71 » by BostonCouchGM » Mon May 3, 2021 2:29 am

Bar Fight wrote:I was watching the Blazers broadcast and they were talking like Portland over came bad officiating to win the game.

:lol: Blind homerism is a serious affliction

they absolutely did though. It was on of the more one-sided officiated games in our favor of the year. I love how it's homerism when they do it but not us.
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,042

Post#72 » by Ben-N1ce » Mon May 3, 2021 2:29 am

greenroom31 wrote:In the last 5 games we have allowed the following point totals:

125 (L), 119 (L), 111(W), 140 (W/OT), 129 (L)

Pretty awful stretch defensively.

That's what the are.Can't take them serious because of it. Guards obliterate them. Id love to see opposing back court starter stats against them . I mean they litetally gave up 30+ to a player over 10 games in row at one point.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,832

Post#73 » by bucknersrevenge » Mon May 3, 2021 2:29 am

The good:

Thought we passed the ball and shot it really well. 29 assists on 43 FGs is a solid percentage. Loved the ball movement and shotmaking in the 1st half. Even in the 2nd half it was still good. Great game by Tatum who poured in another 33 after Friday's virtuoso performance. Evan Fournier arose from his post-Covid slumber to pour in 21 on some hyper-efficient 8-10 shooting including 5 3's. It was great to see him off the schnide. Along with him firing away, our 2 rookies are growing right before our very eyes into the shooting complements we had all envisioned back on draft day. PP and Nesmith combined to go 10-13 with 7 3's and 29 combined points off the bench. They have been outstanding of late and after such a trying year it really has been great to see them begin to be who we thought they were.

All that said, we lost again. Why?

The bad:

First off, I'm starting with the refs first because the officiating in this game was that horrible. They continually missed calls time and time again when we were on offense while flagging us for every ticky-tack call at the other. The hold on Tatum, the hit on Smart that should've been flagrant, the ejection, the 2 bad goaltending calls. One swung the game because it could've tied the score I think. I'm sure I missing stuff but that was an embarrassment. Then when we weren't getting jobbed, we were turning the ball over. 6 more turnovers for Tatum, often trying his heart out and doing too much. Sometimes it was just simple careless stuff. JB too who turned in 2nd atrocious shooting game in a row. JB doesn't turn the ball over as much but his tunnel vision continues to hurt the team. But then when he does pass it, his passes are terrible and get picked off. Half our 18 turnovers came from our two best players. And then there were the mental lapses on defense losing their man, the missed rotations and that was the coup de grace. Love Brown. His man on man defense is tremendous. But off ball, he loses his man 2-3 times a game and it always costs us dearly. You can set your watch to it. Portland's good team obviously. They shot the lights out too and we just could not cool them off. Defending the 3 continues to stab us in the heart as it has all the season. They went 19-38. 50%. And all that is how you lose a game. I hope they go back to Rob starting if he can get healthy enough. I don't like the ball movement and player movement when Tristan is on the floor. This was not a good game for him either. He needs to be back on the bench where he belongs.

Two days off. Rest up and let's get back at it I guess.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#74 » by SuperDeluxe » Mon May 3, 2021 2:30 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:
Bar Fight wrote:I was watching the Blazers broadcast and they were talking like Portland over came bad officiating to win the game.

:lol: Blind homerism is a serious affliction

they absolutely did though. It was on of the more one-sided officiated games in our favor of the year. I love how it's homerism when they do it but not us.

We can always count on you to not show homerism when it comes to the Celtics. You're super consistent in that regard.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,484

Post#75 » by playa-hater » Mon May 3, 2021 2:32 am

I just want to take a moment to thank Brad Stevens for the wonderful job he has done all year. His substitution patterns where beyond excellent. His starting TT over RW was a tactical genius move. No one would have suspected it on Por. Even better when TT was going for a negative NET all night long, don't give up, Brad, keep playing him. Brilliant strategy! He is due to get it going any time now. Sorry you can't play 2 BIGS of Theis and TT together anymore.

Thank you Brad for sitting Nesmith almost all year long. I mean he hasn't practiced right? It wouldn't be fair to play him over hard workers like Semi-Grant-J Green-Edwards-Teague-Waters who have been there so long. His turn will be next year or the year after. So what we lost to teams under .500 all year long and they are coming back to bit us BIG TIME. I love a coach with Principles Brad and they way you stick to them.

I am sorry that Ainge traded away your binky in Theis. But you got the last laugh, you just started TT in a near must win game. That should teach Ainge.

Also want to acknowledge your undying loyalty To Brown and Smart. "no shot is a bad shot" keep shooting no matter what the cost !!

Who cares if Boston plays with no intensity for the start of every game?? Not me. I am positive your halftime adjustments and speeches will right the ship. And when it doesn't happen, it's the players fault not yours.

Thank for for teaching flawless executions in the 4th quarter. Your offense is poetry in motion. Sucks that it doesn't work out sometime. what's wrong with those players F ing up your system!

And your challenges that keep failing are not your fault, it is a NBA wide conspiracy no doubt.

You have made it to the EC finals 3 of 4 years, how dare fans question you all year long for the teams .500 win pct?? what do they know??

It doesn't matter if we are the 6th, 7th or 8th seed! what matters is what you do when you get there!!

So sick of all the negative NON believers out there. So glad you didn't sign with Indiana.

Thank you Brad, thank you Brad, thank you Brad. This season will be the most memorable in years!!!
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,688

Post#76 » by GoCeltics123 » Mon May 3, 2021 2:34 am

Read on Twitter
KingofTheClay
Junior

Post#77 » by KingofTheClay » Mon May 3, 2021 2:34 am

bucknersrevenge wrote:The good:

Thought we passed the ball and shot it really well. 29 assists on 43 FGs is a solid percentage. Loved the ball movement and shotmaking in the 1st half. Even in the 2nd half it was still good. Great game by Tatum who poured in another 33 after Friday's virtuoso performance. Evan Fournier arose from his post-Covid slumber to pour in 21 on some hyper-efficient 8-10 shooting including 5 3's. It was great to see him off the schnide. Along with him firing away, our 2 rookies are growing right before our very eyes into the shooting complements we had all envisioned back on draft day. PP and Nesmith combined to go 10-13 with 7 3's and 29 combined points off the bench. They have been outstanding of late and after such a trying year it really has been great to see them begin to be who we thought they were.

All that said, we lost again. Why?

The bad:

First off, I'm starting with the refs first because the officiating in this game was that horrible. They continually missed calls time and time again when we were on offense while flagging us for every ticky-tack call at the other. The hold on Tatum, the hit on Smart that should've been flagrant, the ejection, the 2 bad goaltending calls. One swung the game because it could've tied the score I think. I'm sure I missing stuff but that was an embarrassment. Then when we weren't getting jobbed, we were turning the ball over. 6 more turnovers for Tatum, often trying his heart out and doing too much. Sometimes it was just simple careless stuff. JB too who turned in 2nd atrocious shooting game in a row. JB doesn't turn the ball over as much but his tunnel vision continues to hurt the team. But then when he does pass it, his passes are terrible and get picked off. Half our 18 turnovers came from our two best players. And then there were the mental lapses on defense losing their man, the missed rotations and that was the coup de grace. Love Brown. His man on man defense is tremendous. But off ball, he loses his man 2-3 times a game and it always costs us dearly. You can set your watch to it. Portland's good team obviously. They shot the lights out too and we just could not cool them off. Defending the 3 continues to stab us in the heart as it has all the season. They went 19-38. 50%. And all that is how you lose a game. I hope they go back to Rob starting if he can get healthy enough. I don't like the ball movement and player movement when Tristan is on the floor. This was not a good game for him either. He needs to be back on the bench where he belongs.

Two days off. Rest up and let's get back at it I guess.

The good: pretty much mostly everyone

Bad:

1) Brown
2) Brown
3) Smart
4) Brown
5) Brown

1st banana
Starter

Post#78 » by 1st banana » Mon May 3, 2021 2:35 am

KingofTheClay wrote:
1st banana wrote:

Dude is an ever improving 24 year old who has gotten better every year shoots damn near 50% and 40% from 3 and has improved his vision and passing this year.

There’s more to defense than team defense stop acting like Jaylen is Trae young or some ****. Browns defense is the least of our worries.
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#79 » by JHTruth » Mon May 3, 2021 2:35 am

KingofTheClay wrote:
1st banana wrote:

We get it dude. You don't like Brown. No one cares. Can you just chill?
GotDaSauce
RealGM
And1: 9,681

Post#80 » by GotDaSauce » Mon May 3, 2021 2:36 am

CeltsFlow wrote:Playing on Sunday sucks

For real!!!! Have to pray for a Saturday-Monday start to the playoffs schedule or we might get swept! :banghead:

Return to Boston Celtics