ImageImageImage

Post-Game Notes: POR 129, BOS 119 (34-31)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,961

Re: Post-Game Notes: POR 129, BOS 119 (34-31) 

Post#81 » by Shak_Celts » Mon May 3, 2021 2:37 am

brown shooting so terrible i almost went blind these last 2. defense was piss poor too. if ur hurt sit out and give someone else a chance to step up, they have been recently.
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,025

Post#82 » by Ben-N1ce » Mon May 3, 2021 2:37 am

Neismith is the only guy I see D'ing up guards. He actually tries to stay in front of them and get over screens.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#83 » by BostonCouchGM » Mon May 3, 2021 2:38 am

I will say as Nesmith and Pritchard get minutes and Fournier gets comfortable, we're rounding into shape as we head to the playoffs. All the different rotations and Jaylen in particular being awful on defense are imho the main reasons why we've struggled defensively as a team all season. If Brad can just settle into the proper rotation for the last handful of games so everyone knows their roles, we have a chance to beat anyone. That rotation, as I've said all along, should be:

Pritchard-Kemba
Nesmith-Smart
Brown-Fournier
Tatum-Langford
Williams-TT

Substitute the whole team with 4 min left in the 1st and 3rd quarters, brining the starters back in with 7 min left in the 2nd and 4th. The starting unit has incredible shooting, length, and good enough defense if everyone is putting in their best effort. Then our second unit plays against scrubs and Kemba and Fournier provide the offense with Smart and TT a PnR combo plus defense and Langford a glue guy. They don't need to win games, just don't lose them. And being all veterans except RL, they'd do that. This would leave us very rested and everyone playing with high energy. Brad won't do it because he has no balls though. But if he did, we'd be golden with our best chance to win. Hopefully this is how it'll be next season at least.
KingofTheClay
Junior
And1: 200

Post#84 » by KingofTheClay » Mon May 3, 2021 2:39 am

JHTruth wrote:
KingofTheClay wrote:
1st banana wrote:That’s an awful thing to say maybe the board would be way better without you. Addition by subtraction.

Cool I don’t care. Maybe that’s true.

Atleast I’m not delusional.

Browns absolutely HORRIBLE defensively. He’s also a black hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We get it dude. You don't like Brown. No one cares. Can you just chill?

Yes let’s chill when Jaylen Brown is the crux of the teams problem and everyone is too blinded by their green tinted glasses to see.

Hope Brown is OK but the team is in a MUCH better shape now that he’s injured.

31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,954

Post#85 » by 31to6 » Mon May 3, 2021 2:41 am

we really did draft two really good shooters this year

and I love Semi being swole to the bench

Brad will probably be ready to start Robert at center again soon

these are a few of my favorite things
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,954

Post#86 » by 31to6 » Mon May 3, 2021 2:42 am

KingoftheClay do you happen to be posting from a Couch?
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#87 » by return2glory » Mon May 3, 2021 2:43 am

Portland shot lights out.

Ballhog Brown didn’t do us any favors. 6-22 shooting. He cost us the game. He almost cost us the game against the Spurs going 5-24.

Ballhog Brown is now 11-46 in his last 2 games.

I’m sure everyone will point to him averaging 25 a game: that’s great and all but he is a selfish player and doesn’t make his teammates better. And he has stopped playing defense. Not to mention he takes awful shots with no one under the rim and still makes careless TOS.

Nice games by Tatum, Fournier, Pritchard and Nesmith.

TT sucked tonight after having a strong game against the Spurs.
AKFO
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,734

Post#88 » by AKFO » Mon May 3, 2021 2:44 am

Jobbing tonight by the refs was like something I've never seen. The two terrible goaltending calls as we were gaining momentum, the Smart ejection, Tatum got clobbered 4 or 5 times going to the rim and the refs had no problem giving the Blazers calls on the successive possessions. Props to the Blazers though; they made like every shot they managed to put up. Will be tough to potentially be in the 7 spot for the forseeable future though.

Even with the struggles in the standings, things seem to be rounding into form if both Jaylen and Jayson are okay (though Jaylen looks like he just might have a high ankle sprain).

Brad not really giving minutes to Semi or Grant since Rob came back has been huge. I do think we need Rob in the starting lineup as he opens so much space for all our best players and gets guys great looks with and without the ball. Maybe we don't observe how much having Thompson to hold position on Nurkic instead of Rob may have helped, but we need to keep Rob with the starters.

Nesmith playing the way he has the last few games, Pritchard breaking through his rookie wall, and Fournier playing like he was before covid are big for this team.

Langford, Parker, Grant, and Semi are actually great as situational end-of-bench type guys if we don't have to play them all heavy minutes together.

If we can't get the 4 or 5 seed it'll probably all be moot, but I really like the way this team can fit together right now.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,429

Post#89 » by playa-hater » Mon May 3, 2021 2:45 am

Parliament10 wrote:I never heard about getting Ejected, on 1 Tech.
Am I missing something?

I think that the League is going to Overturn the Ejection.

and an offensive foul on the other player
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,344

Post#90 » by Red2 » Mon May 3, 2021 2:45 am

Marcus and jaylens poor shooting
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#91 » by Spin Move » Mon May 3, 2021 2:47 am

KingofTheClay wrote:
JHTruth wrote:
KingofTheClay wrote:Cool I don’t care. Maybe that’s true.

Atleast I’m not delusional.

Browns absolutely HORRIBLE defensively. He’s also a black hole.

We get it dude. You don't like Brown. No one cares. Can you just chill?

Yes let’s chill when Jaylen Brown is the crux of the teams problem and everyone is too blinded by their green tinted glasses to see.

Hope Brown is OK but the team is in a MUCH better shape now that he’s injured.

What an awful take, Brown is our 2nd best player and its not close, yet he had a bad game tonight but he is essential to any long term success.
Celticfan_N_FL
Analyst
And1: 1,023

Post#92 » by Celticfan_N_FL » Mon May 3, 2021 2:49 am

KingofTheClay wrote:Ideally we start the following:

Kemba Nesmith Fournier Tatum Rob

Get rid of Smart. He’s terrible

Get rid of Brown. He’s abominable.

You need to up your troll game. Its not good.

Sent from my LM-V600 using RealGM mobile app
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,626

Post#93 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon May 3, 2021 2:50 am

Kalela wrote:Brad should have played Nesmith to finish the game. The defense was not great, to begin with, but was even worse when he and Romeo went out. Blazers had back-to-back wide-open 3 pointers as soon as he went out. I could be wrong but it feels like Brad is really bad at in-game adjustments.

5 fouls in 20 minutes.

Nesmith IS still a rookie, an excellent stretch of 3 games notwithstanding.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#94 » by Spin Move » Mon May 3, 2021 2:51 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:
threrf23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oops, looking at this video in slower motion shows that he did indeed hit him good where it hurts. The ejection was well deserved.

Eh, don't think smart saw him coming, smart was rouding the corner chasing a defender and Nurcic moved in, did not look intentional, I get a common foul but I don't see that being worthy of an ejection.
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#95 » by Spin Move » Mon May 3, 2021 2:52 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:
Kalela wrote:Brad should have played Nesmith to finish the game. The defense was not great, to begin with, but was even worse when he and Romeo went out. Blazers had back-to-back wide-open 3 pointers as soon as he went out. I could be wrong but it feels like Brad is really bad at in-game adjustments.

5 fouls in 20 minutes.

Nesmith IS still a rookie, an excellent stretch of 3 games notwithstanding.

The 5th foul was intentional but still your point is taken had he not picked up his 3rd foul in the 2nd quarter he might have gotten more minutes.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#96 » by Feed Your Head » Mon May 3, 2021 2:53 am

KingofTheClay wrote:Bad:

1) Brown
2) Brown
3) Smart
4) Brown
5) Brown

Relax.
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#97 » by JHTruth » Mon May 3, 2021 2:55 am

return2glory wrote:Portland shot lights out.

Ballhog Brown didn’t do us any favors. 6-22 shooting. He cost us the game. He almost cost us the game against the Spurs going 5-24.

I’m sure everyone will point to him averaging 25 a game: that’s great and all but he is a selfish player and doesn’t make his teammates better. And he has stopped playing defense. Not to mention he takes awful shots with no one under the rim and still makes careless TOS.

Guys he's the No 2 option on the team and Kemba was out. He HAS to shoot. Yes his shooting has been stank the last couple games but you ride the ups and downs of the season. If anything Kemba constantly being unavailable has really really hurt this season
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#98 » by return2glory » Mon May 3, 2021 3:00 am

JHTruth wrote:

Guys he's the No 2 option on the team and Kemba was out. He HAS to shoot. Yes his shooting has been stank the last couple games but you ride the ups and downs of the season. If anything Kemba constantly being unavailable has really really hurt this season

He doesn’t have to shot that much. Especially when his shot is off and guys like Fournier, Nesmith and Pritchard were hot all game.

Tatum is coming off a 60 point game and Brown manages to take more shots that Tatum.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,961

Post#99 » by Shak_Celts » Mon May 3, 2021 3:00 am

JHTruth wrote:

needed to take at least 5 less shots. needed at least 2 assists out of those shots going to someone else.
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
1st banana
Starter
And1: 3,002

Post#100 » by 1st banana » Mon May 3, 2021 3:06 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:I will say as Nesmith and Pritchard get minutes and Fournier gets comfortable, we're rounding into shape as we head to the playoffs. All the different rotations and Jaylen in particular being awful on defense are imho the main reasons why we've struggled defensively as a team all season. If Brad can just settle into the proper rotation for the last handful of games so everyone knows their roles, we have a chance to beat anyone. That rotation, as I've said all along, should be:

Pritchard-Kemba
Nesmith-Smart
Brown-Fournier
Tatum-Langford
Williams-TT

Substitute the whole team with 4 min left in the 1st and 3rd quarters, brining the starters back in with 7 min left in the 2nd and 4th. The starting unit has incredible shooting, length, and good enough defense if everyone is putting in their best effort. Then our second unit plays against scrubs and Kemba and Fournier provide the offense with Smart and TT a PnR combo plus defense and Langford a glue guy. They don't need to win games, just don't lose them. And being all veterans except RL, they'd do that. This would leave us very rested and everyone playing with high energy. Brad won't do it because he has no balls though. But if he did, we'd be golden with our best chance to win. Hopefully this is how it'll be next season at least.

Love both of those fives but how will semi and grant get their customary 40 minutes between them?

Return to Boston Celtics