Will the Lakers/Sixers/Heat regret not trading for Lowry?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

bon
General Manager
And1: 13,395

Will the Lakers/Sixers/Heat regret not trading for Lowry? 

Post#1 » by bon » Mon May 3, 2021 5:05 am

37 points and 11 assists on 60% shooting against the #1 defense in the league tonight.

He may be 35 and undersized but he's still capable of putting points on the board either as an on-ball shot creator, facilitator or as a spot up shooter.

During the trade deadline, Masai Ujiri was reportedly asking for Talen Horton-Tucker, Matisse Thybulle, or Tyler Herro as centrepieces in a potential deal from the Lakers/Sixers/Heat respectively. Each team declined.

Now I ask you RealGMers. Will any of these teams regret not trading for Kyle Lowry?

If you believe the asking price was too much from the Raptors side, what do you think he's worth right now?
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,550

Re: Will the Lakers/Sixers/Heat regret not trading for Lowry? 

Post#2 » by Dominator83 » Mon May 3, 2021 5:11 am

The raptors will regret not getting something for him instead of just letting him walk for nothing
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
RRR3
Veteran
And1: 3,457

Post#3 » by RRR3 » Mon May 3, 2021 5:13 am

If the Lakers aren’t regretting it right now they should be.
Caped Crusader
Veteran
And1: 3,863

Post#4 » by Caped Crusader » Mon May 3, 2021 5:26 am

Dominater wrote:The raptors will regret not getting something for him instead of just letting him walk for nothing
Nah. If he walks it's better than taking on the trash that was offered and handicapping us into negative assets.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
socal74
Rookie
And1: 1,155

Post#5 » by socal74 » Mon May 3, 2021 5:33 am

Cmon Raps fan nobody in LA gives a **** about Lowry. Move on. Sounds more like yall regret not getting anything for him.
Kreamy
RealGM
And1: 2,097

Post#6 » by Kreamy » Mon May 3, 2021 5:41 am

socal74 wrote:Cmon Raps fan nobody in LA gives a **** about Lowry. Move on. Sounds more like yall regret not getting anything for him.

Good luck in the play-in.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#7 » by Buzzard » Mon May 3, 2021 5:41 am

They might. I think it could depend just as much on where Lowry ends up next season. Imagine him going to another team and knocking you out of next seasons playoffs.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
Eagle4
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,950

Post#8 » by Eagle4 » Mon May 3, 2021 5:44 am

Will the heat regret not trading their 20 yr old prospect that showed signs of promise for a 35 year old vet that wouldn't put them over the top? I doubt it.

Some of you Raps fans are insufferable. Lowry "the greatest raptor ever, legend" blah blah but instead of wanting him to retire in a Raps jersey you get butthurt and some how feel so entitled to other teams trading their assets for guy who has <3 years left in the league(which aren't guaranteed to be as productive due to age and wear/tear). Truly delusional.

User has been warned. Baiting/attacking a fanbase. Everyone else who wants to turn this thread into a fanbase flame war, go find another board.
-js21
bon
General Manager
And1: 13,395

Post#9 » by bon » Mon May 3, 2021 5:49 am

socal74 wrote:Cmon Raps fan nobody in LA gives a **** about Lowry. Move on. Sounds more like yall regret not getting anything for him.

Eagle4 wrote:Will the heat regret not trading their 20 yr old prospect that showed signs of promise for a 35 year old vet that wouldn't put them over the top? I doubt it.

Some of you Raps fans are insufferable. Lowry "the greatest raptor ever, legend" blah blah but instead of wanting him to retire in a Raps jersey you get butthurt and some how feel so entitled to other teams trading their assets for guy who has <3 years left in the league. Truly delusional.

The butthurt negativity makes me believe you do regret it. Not sure why you're both coming in hostile to a genuine question. There were 3 teams mentioned in the title and you both zeroed in to your own. If not the 2 others, what about Philly? It's discussion. People with social skills do that sort of thing.
Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,962

Post#10 » by Phreak50 » Mon May 3, 2021 5:50 am

If the rumours were true and the Lakers declined sending THT, they will regret it.

Firstly, he is not very good. Secondly, when your team has an ageing LeBron and an often-injured AD, you do whatever you can to be in win now mode.
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,175

Post#11 » by donnieme » Mon May 3, 2021 5:50 am

It may be a tough question for the Lakers but for the Sixers and Heat he wasn't putting them over Brooklyn. They are better off losing and keeping their best assets than losing and having no great trade assets. At least the former retains multiple possibilities for improvement in the future.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 6,697

Post#12 » by durden_tyler » Mon May 3, 2021 5:50 am

The Raptors are regretting not trading Kyle Lowry.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,626

Post#13 » by Bruin » Mon May 3, 2021 5:51 am

Eagle4 wrote:Will the heat regret not trading their 20 yr old prospect that showed signs of promise for a 35 year old vet that wouldn't put them over the top? I doubt it.

Some of you Raps fans are insufferable. Lowry "the greatest raptor ever, legend" blah blah but instead of wanting him to retire in a Raps jersey you get butthurt and some how feel so entitled to other teams trading their assets for guy who has <3 years left in the league(which aren't guaranteed to be as productive due to age and wear/tear). Truly delusional.

Heat probably were the most logical in not wanting to make the deal. Philly and Lakers on the other hand could have really benefitted from the deal. THT and Maxey aren’t going to be as significant in a title run as Lowry could’ve been this postseason

Personally I’m glad we didn’t make any deal cause I’d love to see Lowry remain a Raptor but I wouldn’t have minded seeing him win another ring to further cement his hall of fame status
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,021

Post#14 » by SerialChiller » Mon May 3, 2021 5:53 am

I think the Heat did the right thing. They kept their young assets and took a flyer on Oladipo. His injury (kinda predictable now adays) was unfortunate, but they know he's not someone to give a big contract too in the offseason now and have his birdrights if they want to make a deal. Plus can still sign Lowry outright in the offseason, he's Butler's daughter's godfather so good chance he'd look at the Heat if he doesn't stay in Toronto.
Eagle4
Bench Warmer

Post#15 » by Eagle4 » Mon May 3, 2021 5:53 am

bon wrote:

Some of you Raps fans are insufferable. Lowry "the greatest raptor ever, legend" blah blah but instead of wanting him to retire in a Raps jersey you get butthurt and some how feel so entitled to other teams trading their assets for guy who has <3 years left in the league. Truly delusional.

The butthurt negativity makes me believe you do regret it. Not sure why you're both coming in hostile to a genuine question. There were 3 teams mentioned in the title and you both zeroed in to your own.

If not the 2 others, what about Philly? It's discussion.
Stop projecting, no one is butthurt that they didn't trade their assets for a pricey 35 yr old guard on his way out. Simple.
Trade deadline was eons ago and you're making a thread to somehow ease or comfort your ego that teams regretted or didn't want to trade for you guy.

Obviously you're not the only one with this sentiment, your fellow fans have been spouting the same bs since March. Don't like hostility then get off the internet snowflake.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,570

Post#16 » by DreamTeam09 » Mon May 3, 2021 5:53 am

It says heat Philly n miami and u only focused on miami ?? Miami is the only one of the 3 that should be looking at the future while trying to contend now. Philly and definitely the Lakers should be trying to maximize their windows.

If THT and a pick was the holdup for a potential repeat for the Lakers then that could be looked as foolish

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Eagle4
Bench Warmer

Post#17 » by Eagle4 » Mon May 3, 2021 5:55 am

DreamTeam09 wrote:

It says heat Philly n miami and u only focused on miami ?? Miami is the only one of the 3 that should be looking at the future while trying to contend now. Philly and definitely the Lakers should be trying to maximize their windows.

If THT and a pick was the holdup for a potential repeat for the Lakers then that could be looked as foolish

Idgaf about those other teams, heat are my team (the same way you're solely invested in the Raps) and I spoke about the reasoning on them not wanting him. Period.
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,021

Post#18 » by SerialChiller » Mon May 3, 2021 5:56 am

I think the Lakers could of really used him for this playoff run that's for sure
The Warrior
Head Coach
And1: 10,106

Post#19 » by The Warrior » Mon May 3, 2021 5:59 am

What a mature response. Here we see the specimen known as the Lakers bros fan.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
RoundMoundOfRebound
RealGM
And1: 13,403

Post#20 » by RoundMoundOfRebound » Mon May 3, 2021 6:02 am

The Warrior wrote:

What a mature response. Here we see the specimen known as the Lakers bros fan.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to The General Board