ImageImageImageImage

Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow!

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Re: Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#1181 » by OrlChamps2030 » Sat May 1, 2021 11:41 am

zaymon wrote:
OrlChamps2030 wrote:
zaymon wrote:I wonder how good we can be next year, even without taking draft into consideration. Lets say we resigned both Ennis and Porter.

Anthony/Harris/Porter/Isaac/Carter
Fultz/Ross/Ennis/Okeke/Bamba

Maybe i am the biggest of homers but that looks like a playoff team to me..... We add our frp, maybe trade bulls frp and Ross for some upgrade.....

Definitely homer talk because that team is bad

Propably not, but in the east ?
Harris was a starter on fringe contender and if healthy should enter his prime. Last year his return transformed Nuggets against Jazz.
Porter was starter on home court advantage playoff team as 23 y.o. His prime so far was destroyed by injuries and awful Bulls team.
Isaac was starter on fringe playoff team even before his massive jump in development last year.
Carter started on fringe playoff team in the east despite his young age, bad coaching and injuries.

Yes i know all of them were 3rd options on their teams but they were also so young. We need first option to contend thats for sure, but i would not be suprised if we at least make the play in next year. Health is major concern but if we get lucky for once ? Look what Memphis is doing. I am very interested in our matchup.

Just like when you called Aminu a solid starter not even that long ago.. This team is literally constructed to be bad IMO

Gary Harris and OPJ aren’t “third options” in the year 2021 ..maybe third options on a bench unit

There are 29 other teams in the league, the bar for a quality starter is a bit higher than you’re making it out to be IMO
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Re: Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#1182 » by zaymon » Sat May 1, 2021 2:00 pm

OrlChamps2030 wrote:
zaymon wrote:
OrlChamps2030 wrote:

Harris was a starter on fringe contender and if healthy should enter his prime. Last year his return transformed Nuggets against Jazz.
Porter was starter on home court advantage playoff team as 23 y.o. His prime so far was destroyed by injuries and awful Bulls team.
Isaac was starter on fringe playoff team even before his massive jump in development last year.
Carter started on fringe playoff team in the east despite his young age, bad coaching and injuries.

Yes i know all of them were 3rd options on their teams but they were also so young. We need first option to contend thats for sure, but i would not be suprised if we at least make the play in next year. Health is major concern but if we get lucky for once ? Look what Memphis is doing. I am very interested in our matchup.

Just like when you called Aminu a solid starter not even that long ago.. This team is literally constructed to be bad IMO

Gary Harris and OPJ aren’t “third options” in the year 2021 ..maybe third options on a bench unit

There are 29 other teams in the league, the bar for a quality starter is a bit higher than you’re making it out to be IMO

Aminu was solid defensive forward before injury there is nothing to discuss there. Portland defense fell of a cliff without him. Its obvious he wont be good coming of year long injury.

Harris and Porter were third options even before their primes. They are not right now only becouse of injuries not becouse of their talent level. I am not even saying they are contender level starters ( although you can argue Harris was in Denver). I am saying they can be solid starters on eastern team.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,386

Post#1183 » by JRoy » Sat May 1, 2021 2:02 pm

OrlChamps2030 wrote:
zaymon wrote:
OrlChamps2030 wrote:

That’s not a playoff team.

That’s a terrific bench.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,906

Post#1184 » by drsd » Sat May 1, 2021 5:21 pm

Not that we have been discussing the magic number for the Magic, but with Orlando's loss, this team is officially eliminated from the playoffs. The two-year playoff streak is thus over.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,917

Post#1185 » by MagicMatic » Sat May 1, 2021 7:15 pm

drsd wrote:Not that we have been discussing the magic number for the Magic, but with Orlando's loss, this team is officially eliminated from the playoffs. The two-year playoff streak is thus over.

It was never a real accomplishment anyway. Let’s be real.
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#1186 » by Horcy » Sun May 2, 2021 8:44 am

MagicMatic wrote:
drsd wrote:Not that we have been discussing the magic number for the Magic, but with Orlando's loss, this team is officially eliminated from the playoffs. The two-year playoff streak is thus over.

Absolutely, if I’m going to loss on first round I prefer rather to be a complete disaster and get a top draft pick.
Never understood what’s the point of getting to the playoffs when everybody knows that your are goin’ to get blown by any decent team.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Post#1187 » by KillMonger » Mon May 3, 2021 7:59 am

Horcy wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

Absolutely, if I’m going to loss on first round I prefer rather to be a complete disaster and get a top draft pick.
Never understood what’s the point of getting to the playoffs when everybody knows that your are goin’ to get blown by any decent team.

You can sell playoffs to fans and season ticket holders

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#1188 » by fendilim » Mon May 3, 2021 8:31 am

KillMonger wrote:
Horcy wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

You can sell playoffs to fans and season ticket holders

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

And endorsements
dsg2003mach1
Senior
And1: 462

Post#1189 » by dsg2003mach1 » Mon May 3, 2021 2:41 pm

Horcy wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

Don't teams get some kind of extra money from the league based on making the playoffs and how far they get or something along those lines? It's also at least 2 more home games to profit from.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#1190 » by basketballRob » Mon May 3, 2021 3:16 pm

Cliff back tonight.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#1191 » by RookieStar » Mon May 3, 2021 9:48 pm

basketballRob wrote:Cliff back tonight.

*sigh* we know he is gonna run our players to the ground trying to win this..
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,310

Post#1192 » by Knightro » Mon May 3, 2021 10:10 pm

RookieStar wrote:

He's cleared, but he isn't coaching until Wednesday in Orlando.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#1193 » by RookieStar » Mon May 3, 2021 10:21 pm

Knightro wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

He's cleared, but he isn't coaching until Wednesday in Orlando.

There is still hope then
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 406

Post#1194 » by MagicTownBaller » Tue May 4, 2021 1:19 am

This is just terrible.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,521

Post#1195 » by shadrock » Tue May 4, 2021 2:56 am

This is seriously some 50IQ front office work... honestly kind of hope we suck forever and the franchise gets sold at this point. We deserve it. Let me move on from this embarrassment of a team. Move us to Seattle or Vegas for the love of god.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,184

Post#1196 » by cedric76 » Tue May 4, 2021 5:15 am

shadrock wrote:This is seriously some 50IQ front office work... honestly kind of hope we suck forever and the franchise gets sold at this point. We deserve it. Let me move on from this embarrassment of a team. Move us to Seattle or Vegas for the love of god.

LOL, what else can they do?

They are playing G leaguer and guys they signed up few days ago

Players dont tank

What is so hard to understand?

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,906

Post#1197 » by drsd » Tue May 4, 2021 6:56 am

cedric76 wrote:LOL, what else can they do?

Players dont tank

And-1

Brazdeikis was signed on 2 May, and in game 1 he goes +18 in his plus/minus (he looked like cotton-white Flame)
Orlando started a rookie PG and had a G-leaguer play 30 minutes in backup.
A "project" two-year guard backed up the starting SG.
Bacon started.

Ross, Okeke, Carter-Williams, and Ennis were benched for injuries they could all play with.
There is nothing else management can do to Tank.

Coach and he players play to win. Now and always.

MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#1198 » by MoMM » Tue May 4, 2021 7:34 am

drsd wrote:
cedric76 wrote:LOL, what else can they do?

Players dont tank

And-1

Brazdeikis was signed on 2 May, and in game 1 he goes +18 in his plus/minus (he looked like cotton-white Flame)
Orlando started a rookie PG and had a G-leaguer play 30 minutes in backup.
A "project" two-year guard backed up the starting SG.
Bacon started.

Ross, Okeke, Carter-Williams, and Ennis were benched for injuries they could all play with.
There is nothing else management can do to Tank.

Coach and he players play to win. Now and always.

Especially when their next contracts depends on it.
D12VCMagic
Sixth Man
And1: 441

Post#1199 » by D12VCMagic » Tue May 4, 2021 12:41 pm

Back to winning worthless games again. We will literally never get out of this hole we are in.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#1200 » by tiderulz » Tue May 4, 2021 1:10 pm

cedric76 wrote:
shadrock wrote:This is seriously some 50IQ front office work... honestly kind of hope we suck forever and the franchise gets sold at this point. We deserve it. Let me move on from this embarrassment of a team. Move us to Seattle or Vegas for the love of god.

LOL, what else can they do?

Players dont tank

yep, players dont tank. And coaches dont really tank either, because those losses go on their permanent record.

Return to Orlando Magic