ImageImageImageImageImage

Playoff Push Thread

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Re: Playoff Push Thread 

Post#81 » by Warriors Analyst » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:51 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:Our depth is depleted due to injury. We can't withstand any losses to our front court. If we had Oubre or Paschall we beat the Wolves. Right now our front court rotation is 4 guys: Dray, Loon, Oubre and Paschall. All those guys are undersized to various degrees and Oubre is included only out of necessity.

If we have those 4 guys healthy we're capable of winning 1 or 2 games to get into the playoffs. If we're missing 1 or god forbid 2, we're getting outrebounded by 10-15 and going nowhere.

If I have to watch this team depend on Bazemore and Mulder to grab rebounds again I'm going to throw the TV out the window.

Paschall is one of the most negatively impactful players we had this year. I don't miss him at all.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#82 » by GQ Hot Dog » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:09 pm

cpower wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Our depth is depleted due to injury. We can't withstand any losses to our front court. If we had Oubre or Paschall we beat the Wolves. Right now our front court rotation is 4 guys: Dray, Loon, Oubre and Paschall. All those guys are undersized to various degrees and Oubre is included only out of necessity.

If we have those 4 guys healthy we're capable of winning 1 or 2 games to get into the playoffs. If we're missing 1 or god forbid 2, we're getting outrebounded by 10-15 and going nowhere.

If I have to watch this team depend on Bazemore and Mulder to grab rebounds again I'm going to throw the TV out the window.

Oubre or EP does not move the needle. We have been struggling all year..The only player who can help is Klay..but its not like he will take us from bottom to contender..

I'm not saying those two make us contenders. I'm saying they(Oubre in particular) allow us to compete on the boards which is our biggest shortcoming. If we compete on the boards, with our ability to defend, we can make the playoffs.

Our second biggest shortcoming is shotmaking and obviously Klay healthy goes a long way to addressing that. But even with better shotmaking if our front court is as battered next year as it is this year and we're getting killed on the boards every night, we're not going to be substantially better.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,170

Post#83 » by watch1958 » Sat May 1, 2021 7:48 am

Portland has turned it around. I don’t think we’re catching them.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
watch1958
General Manager

Post#84 » by watch1958 » Sat May 1, 2021 7:49 am

Also, we have 3 games against NOLA. Zion could cause trouble for the current roster.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
TwoStarz
Analyst
And1: 1,842

Post#85 » by TwoStarz » Sat May 1, 2021 8:07 am

watch1958 wrote:Also, we have 3 games against NOLA. Zion could cause trouble for the current roster.

Steph will have a field day against that perimeter defense
Sam Lowry Jr
Bench Warmer
And1: 281

Post#86 » by Sam Lowry Jr » Sat May 1, 2021 8:34 pm

After last night's loss to Sacramento, the Lakers are only ahead of Dallas by .5 games and Portland by 1 game.

Is there a possibility that the Lakers end up in 7th with a play-in game against the Warriors? Yikes.
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#87 » by Hopper15 » Sun May 2, 2021 5:39 am

Sam Lowry Jr wrote:After last night's loss to Sacramento, the Lakers are only ahead of Dallas by .5 games and Portland by 1 game.

Is there a possibility that the Lakers end up in 7th with a play-in game against the Warriors? Yikes.

That would be cool.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#88 » by ILOVEIT » Sun May 2, 2021 10:23 pm

Hopper15 wrote:
Sam Lowry Jr wrote:After last night's loss to Sacramento, the Lakers are only ahead of Dallas by .5 games and Portland by 1 game.

That would be cool.

Love it.

Spurs have a nightmare schedule....
Warriors host a final game against Memphis and they are .5 games back of them.

If the Warriors can't cash in on the remaining schedule to nail down the 8th spot then they shouldn't even be in the playin. :(
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,836

Post#89 » by whatisacenter » Sun May 2, 2021 10:33 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
Hopper15 wrote:

That would be cool.

Love it.

If the Warriors can't cash in on the remaining schedule to nail down the 8th spot then they shouldn't even be in the playin. :(

why do you say that? 7 and 8 still have to win play in games.

To me the only difference is playoffs or not in regards to in or out of the lottery.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#90 » by xdrta+ » Sun May 2, 2021 11:19 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:
Hopper15 wrote:That would be cool.

Love it.

To me the only difference is playoffs or not in regards to in or out of the lottery.

Yeah, but 7 or 8 only have to win one game. 9 or 10 have to win 2.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#91 » by ILOVEIT » Mon May 3, 2021 3:45 am

xdrta+ wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:
Love it.

Have to win two...instead of one....yep.

But that's not my point. My point is the Warriors were given a very easy stretch to close out the season and show everyone they are an above average team. They start off losing by 30 to Dallas, losing to the Kings...
If they lose 2 of 3 to Pels, for example, then who exactly are they better than?
Nothing at all suggests that we'd see decent hoops from a team that loses to a bunch of below average teams while trying to get into the playoffs :(
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Sam Lowry Jr
Bench Warmer

Post#92 » by Sam Lowry Jr » Mon May 3, 2021 4:43 am

Lakers are now in a 3 way tie with Portland and Dallas after tonight’s loss to the Raptors, but Lakers are in the 7th see because of tie breakers.

Going to be an interesting race with a lot of movement between 5-10 in the last 8 games.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,836

Post#93 » by whatisacenter » Mon May 3, 2021 6:39 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

But that's not my point. My point is the Warriors were given a very easy stretch to close out the season and show everyone they are an above average team. They start off losing by 30 to Dallas, losing to the Kings...
If they lose 2 of 3 to Pels, for example, then who exactly are they better than?
Nothing at all suggests that we'd see decent hoops from a team that loses to a bunch of below average teams while trying to get into the playoffs :(

not to quibble and it was ugly but the Warriors beat the Kings. This team is so beat up with injuries that I don't think any game is a gimme at this point even with the easier schedule. I think the Warriors would struggle to score against any decent playoff team.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,334

Post#94 » by SpreeS » Mon May 3, 2021 6:50 am

I look at injuries report. Oubre/Lee/Paschall will be available only in middle of May... We have only 8 players in rotation...Understand that Oubre/Paschall are net negative players, but we need bodies.
Sam Lowry Jr
Bench Warmer

Post#95 » by Sam Lowry Jr » Mon May 3, 2021 7:04 am

SpreeS wrote:I look at injuries report. Oubre/Lee/Paschall will be available only in middle of May... We have only 8 players in rotation...Understand that Oubre/Paschall are net negative players, but we need bodies.

According to Anthony Slater, Paschall should return towards the end of the road trip and Lee is scheduled to return sometime at the beginning of the home stand. Help is coming sooner rather than later.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,787

Post#96 » by floppymoose » Mon May 3, 2021 7:08 am

Getting Lee back will be huge. Finish strong, putSteph in the Rose Garden with one game between him and playing a full series against the 2 seed? Sounds like fun.
watch1958
General Manager

Post#97 » by watch1958 » Mon May 3, 2021 7:51 am

floppymoose wrote:Getting Lee back will be huge. Finish strong, putSteph in the Rose Garden with one game between him and playing a full series against the 2 seed? Sounds like fun.

Portland is suddenly playing well. Might be one game vs the Lakers.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#98 » by Crazy-Canuck » Mon May 3, 2021 10:56 am

No oubre and now possibly without wiggs. Smiley might be getting on the floor to foul zion 5 times in 5 minutes.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Post#99 » by WarriorGM » Mon May 3, 2021 11:25 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:No oubre and now possibly without wiggs. Smiley might be getting on the floor to foul zion 5 times in 5 minutes.

Time then for Smailagic to step up and show he's better than Zion.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#100 » by GQ Hot Dog » Mon May 3, 2021 1:17 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

not to quibble and it was ugly but the Warriors beat the Kings. This team is so beat up with injuries that I don't think any game is a gimme at this point even with the easier schedule. I think the Warriors would struggle to score against any decent playoff team.

Damn, Warriors fans so down on this team they reimagining wins as losses.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.

Return to Golden State Warriors