The Washington Football Team Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 594

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#761 » by BearlyBallin » Sat May 1, 2021 9:56 pm

@240 I’d take a chance on Bryan Mills, CB
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#762 » by verbal8 » Sat May 1, 2021 10:05 pm

gambitx777 wrote:Traded 22 5th for a 6 and a 7 hmmmmmmm well we have 4 picks left lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app

Would have liked to see them trade for next year's draft if they didn't like the value with their current pick, but I guess late picks in the NFL still have a decent shot at being productive players - vs. the end of the second round in the NBA.
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#763 » by BearlyBallin » Sat May 1, 2021 10:06 pm

Pick @240 ...

William Bradley-King, OLB

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#764 » by BearlyBallin » Sat May 1, 2021 10:20 pm

@246 pick is...

Shaka Toney, Edge

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#765 » by BearlyBallin » Sat May 1, 2021 10:25 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#766 » by BearlyBallin » Sat May 1, 2021 10:48 pm

@258 the pick is...

Dax Milne, WR

~ Confucius about 500 BC
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#767 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sat May 1, 2021 10:51 pm

Ok. Now go grab Wahoos Poljan and Snowden as UDFAs
In Rizzo we trust
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#768 » by BearlyBallin » Sat May 1, 2021 11:33 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

UDFA RB Jaret Patterson

Read on Twitter
?s=20

~ Confucius about 500 BC
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#769 » by tontoz » Sat May 1, 2021 11:40 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Maybe they will convert him to linebacker. Pretty small for DE but fast enough to play LB.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#770 » by Ruzious » Sun May 2, 2021 9:05 am

BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Sounds like Toney could be a steal. https://www.si.com/college/pennstate/football/penn-state-nfl-draft-profile-shaka-toney
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#771 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sun May 2, 2021 12:33 pm

Ruzious wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Sounds like Toney could be a steal. https://www.si.com/college/pennstate/football/penn-state-nfl-draft-profile-shaka-toney

He’s the one late rounder I’m pretty high on. But if you watch his highlights it’s pretty clear he’s not an end, he’s a linebacker.
In Rizzo we trust
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,925

Post#772 » by tontoz » Sun May 2, 2021 1:07 pm

Micah Parsons thinks Washington got a steal with their 7th round pick

To some, that pick not seem like much of a big deal. However, according to fellow Penn State defender Micah Parsons -- who just went No. 12 overall to the Cowboys two days earlier -- Washington may have found a hidden gem in the late rounds once again.

https://sports.yahoo.com/micah-parsons-thinks-washington-got-224415307.html
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#773 » by Ruzious » Sun May 2, 2021 1:18 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

He’s the one late rounder I’m pretty high on. But if you watch his highlights it’s pretty clear he’s not an end, he’s a linebacker.

Especially in a 43 defense. I guess his role would be as a situational blitzing LBer until he learns the nuances of the position. If he can play special teams, he'll make the team.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#774 » by Ruzious » Sun May 2, 2021 1:32 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

UDFA RB Jaret Patterson

Read on Twitter
?s=20

If you get 1 or 2 UDFA's make the team, you've done well, and I think he'll do that. I think he'll blend well with Gibson, because he's a completely different style runner. He's like Warrick Dunn used to be - a small RB who runs up the middle and is able to instantly see the little creases - runs like a power back with no wasted motion on quick breaking plays, while Gibson is more of an outside runner on slower developing plays. And Patterson can also catch the ball well -according to scouting reports. Along with McKissic, I think that's our RB by committee.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,349

Post#775 » by doclinkin » Sun May 2, 2021 1:42 pm

I think our special teams just got a potential upgrade with all these fast fierce playmakers. Players who are raw but athletic and motivated will be scrapping for jobs, seems to me this is an opportunity for guys like St Juste, Darrick Forrest, Toney, to show competitive fire. I wonder if that is part of the RR methodology. Get athletes, speed in particular, if they aren't ready they can still add savagery to your special teams squads while they develop.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#776 » by Wizardspride » Mon May 3, 2021 3:33 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#777 » by gambitx777 » Mon May 3, 2021 4:00 am

Over all here is what we added in the off-season

Free agency :
William jackson CB
Curtis samuel WR
Ryan fitzpatrick QB
Darryl roberts CB
Adam humphries WR
Tyler larsen C
David mayo ILB
Dendrae carter WR

Trade:
Ereck flowers OT

Draft/undrafted:
Jamin davis LB
Samuel cosmi T
Benjamin ST juste CB
Dyami brown WR
John bates TE
Darrick Forest S
Cameron cheeseman LS
Will bradley-king DE
Shaka toney DE
Dax mine WR
Sammis Reyes TE
Jerett patterson RB

I don't think I missed anyone. As for who we lost I don't think there is a quick reference for that. So, I'm not doing all that work lol!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#778 » by Ruzious » Mon May 3, 2021 10:03 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

And Toney's not just a guy who did well in workouts; he was a producer for 4 years at Penn State - BT first team all-rookie as a redshirt frosh, 2nd team all-BT as a soph and junior, 1st team all-BT as a senior. I expect he's going to play with a chip on his shoulder - and more importantly, he's a football player. He'll learn to play LBer in the NFL. Bleacher Report gave him a 2nd round grade.
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#779 » by BearlyBallin » Mon May 3, 2021 1:58 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

With the drafting of Cosmi, T & Bates, TE and now this UDFA RB Patterson, I’d love to see a big goal line package like the Jumbo one from the Gibbs era. I’m tired of seeing this team struggle inside the 5 yard line. It’s why I wanted Trey Smith from Tennessee in the 6th round but I understand why they took the Cheeseman Long Snapper after Carolina took the Alabama LS 2 picks earlier. There’s a drop off in LS after these two.

I’ve seen him described as a wrecking ball short yardage RB that can break tackles and make sharp cuts. They also say he can pass protect. Let’s us leak out Bates, who I’m hopeful can be that Don Warren type of TE this team needs.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#780 » by BearlyBallin » Mon May 3, 2021 2:22 pm

doclinkin wrote:I think our special teams just got a potential upgrade with all these fast fierce playmakers. Players who are raw but athletic and motivated will be scrapping for jobs, seems to me this is an opportunity for guys like St Juste, Darrick Forrest, Toney, to show competitive fire. I wonder if that is part of the RR methodology. Get athletes, speed in particular, if they aren't ready they can still add savagery to your special teams squads while they develop.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Looks that way, I remember Dexter Manley lined up wide on special teams flying down field on punts with little CBs trying to block him. Then Charles Mann doing the same a few years later. It’ll be fun to have a DE on ST in the gunner role again. I mean why have a wide receiver do it when we have a DE that can run like Toney & Bradley-King.

~ Confucius about 500 BC

Return to Washington Wizards