ImageImageImage

It's a Tragedy to see the Deadline's Over Post Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Re: It's a Tragedy to see the Deadline's Over Post Trade Thread 

Post#1921 » by Darth Celtic » Sun May 2, 2021 8:25 pm

djFan71 wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:
I wasn't thinking of that kind of thing.

Rather, the quasi-BYC issue (technically it's not called BYC any more) is that a team can't take as much money in as the other team needs to send out. A third team who takes salary into cap room could solve that problem.

none of it will work as unless we renounce all our players including Fournier, we will be over the apron enough that we can't accept a sign and trade. And again, unless he takes his QO and ok's the trade to us knowing he can't get a raise with us the next season.... (0 chance) he can't come here.

Pretty much would have to trade Kemba to the Knicks first for minimal salary return and use the TPE to absorb Lonzo in an S&T. Even then we'd be hard-capped again. So, yeah, super likely...

so basically 0 chance for any free agents on first big contract from rookie scale deal into a sign and trade for more than the rookie scale. We've kind of said that all year. WE can use the rest of the TPE for a player that fits in it as long as it's not a sign and trade.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,790

Post#1922 » by bucknersrevenge » Mon May 3, 2021 12:47 am

Curmudgeon wrote:If Nesmith keeps it up, there is absolutely no reason to draft or trade for another wing player. They need another good rebounder and if they can't trade for one (once again I would point out that Richaun Holmes fits exactly into the Kanter trade exception) they should be looking at Kai Jones, Ousmane Garuba or one of the big international players in the second round.

There's enough young inexpensive talent on this team that we can/should begin looking for veterans and just continuity with the group we got overall.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,009

Post#1923 » by Hal14 » Mon May 3, 2021 3:09 am

Curmudgeon wrote:If Nesmith keeps it up, there is absolutely no reason to draft or trade for another wing player. They need another good rebounder and if they can't trade for one (once again I would point out that Richaun Holmes fits exactly into the Kanter trade exception) they should be looking at Kai Jones, Ousmane Garuba or one of the big international players in the second round.

1) So we trade for Holmes and then we are back to having a logjam at center with 3 guys (Time Lord, Thompson, Holmes), 3 is a crowd, as we saw earlier in the season it just doesn't make sense to have 3 quality centers in the modern NBA (didn't work out with Theis, Time Lord, Thompson)...what's the point in getting Holmes, when we already have Time Lord and Thompson? I mean, Holmes is better than Thompson (and younger and on a cheaper contract) but because of all those reasons there's no way in hell SAC would trade holmes for thompson straight up.,.

2) Who do you suggest we trade in order to get Holmes? He has been one of the Kings best and most consistent players all season and an absolute bargain at only $4.8 mil per year. They'd be idiots to trade him...so if they do trade him, they would only do it if they were really getting some serious talent in return..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,047

Post#1924 » by JediMasterRevan » Mon May 3, 2021 2:05 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:none of it will work as unless we renounce all our players including Fournier, we will be over the apron enough that we can't accept a sign and trade. And again, unless he takes his QO and ok's the trade to us knowing he can't get a raise with us the next season.... (0 chance) he can't come here.

Pretty much would have to trade Kemba to the Knicks first for minimal salary return and use the TPE to absorb Lonzo in an S&T. Even then we'd be hard-capped again. So, yeah, super likely...

so basically 0 chance for any free agents on first big contract from rookie scale deal into a sign and trade for more than the rookie scale. We've kind of said that all year. WE can use the rest of the TPE for a player that fits in it as long as it's not a sign and trade.

This is why I was against using the tpe for anyone that didnt fit the timeline, or would not be bringing future assets back.

On Paper Fournier added to the team looked good.

however.

We added a soon to be free agent that might not stick around at all (wouldnt be surprised he leaves and either ring chases or goes to a starting role somewhere else)
Adding Evan wasnt getting us a championship this season
Nesmith projected as a fournier type of player with defense.

And now, the one asset we had that could have gotten us someone like Ball, is only worth 11 million.

Perhaps Pelicans really want Kemba on their roster as the "take over" guy at end of games. Their own Broolyn Lite squad
Kemba - - Irving
Ingram - - Harden
zion - -Durant

lol
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man

Post#1925 » by JediMasterRevan » Mon May 3, 2021 2:09 pm

????? / Pritchard / ???
Smart / Fournier ideally / Romeo
Brown / Nesmith / ???
Tatum / ????? / Parker
Timelord / Thompson /

Top Priorities
Starting, playmaking defensive PG (ball, Rubio, Lowry, Simmons :)
Backup Pf (someone who can defend and pass)

Secondary Priorities
3rd string PG - Ideally a vet guy who can be a stabilizing force if called on (george hill type)
3rd string SF - Ideally a sf/pf hybrid who can defend and shoot a bit (Snell, Aminu type)
3rd string Center - Ideally a young one who can eventually take over should Timelord not pan out
bucknersrevenge
RealGM

Post#1926 » by bucknersrevenge » Mon May 3, 2021 2:47 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:

There's enough young inexpensive talent on this team that we can/should begin looking for veterans and just continuity with the group we got overall.

Actually I change my mind. If Beal becomes available, you go get him and you move Brown. The more and more I think of it, the best way to upgrade the top end talent on this team is to move Jaylen. You do that and you have the makings of a really nice young core around them in PP, Rob and Nesmith. Add in Fournier if you can keep him. Maybe parker if he shows something. Kornet as a 3rd big. The rest are cheap veteran role players and you got yourself a team.

ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#1927 » by ddb » Mon May 3, 2021 3:30 pm

Kemba/Nesmith/4 1sts/2swaps to Washington for Beal

Smart/Beal/Brown/Tatum/Williams
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,167

Post#1928 » by playa-hater » Mon May 3, 2021 4:22 pm

ddb wrote:Kemba/Nesmith/4 1sts/2swaps to Washington for Beal

sub Romeo for Nesmith deal :D
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Hal14
RealGM

Post#1929 » by Hal14 » Mon May 3, 2021 4:51 pm

JediMasterRevan wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:
djFan71 wrote:Pretty much would have to trade Kemba to the Knicks first for minimal salary return and use the TPE to absorb Lonzo in an S&T. Even then we'd be hard-capped again. So, yeah, super likely...

This is why I was against using the tpe for anyone that didnt fit the timeline, or would not be bringing future assets back.

however.

We added a soon to be free agent that might not stick around at all (wouldnt be surprised he leaves and either ring chases or goes to a starting role somewhere else)

And now, the one asset we had that could have gotten us someone like Ball, is only worth 11 million.

Perhaps Pelicans really want Kemba on their roster as the "take over" guy at end of games. Their own Broolyn Lite squad
Kemba - - Irving
Ingram - - Harden
zion - -Durant

lol

1) The reason why there's all of these rumors about Ball going to another team is because the Pelicans have literally zero cap space to resign him this offseason, because of all the $ they're paying other guys (Adams, Bledsoe, Ingram) so there's no way in hell they'd be able to take on Kemba's salary

2) Why would Kemba be the Pelicans "take over guy" at the end of games if they have Zion and Ingram? Both Zion and Ingram are better iso players than Kemba, by a lot.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
bucknersrevenge
RealGM

Post#1930 » by bucknersrevenge » Mon May 3, 2021 4:53 pm

Make Kemba make sense for Washington though. Brown makes sense. Westbrook/Brown/Hachimura/Bertans/Bryant. That's at least an interesting group.

I'd do JB/Romeo/Edwards and 2021 FRP and 2022 SRP

Then I'm moving Kemba hopefully to the Knicks and taking back Knox and Ntilikina.That should give us enough wiggle room to re-sign Evan if we can. I want to keep him.

CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#1931 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon May 3, 2021 5:03 pm

JediMasterRevan wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:
djFan71 wrote:Pretty much would have to trade Kemba to the Knicks first for minimal salary return and use the TPE to absorb Lonzo in an S&T. Even then we'd be hard-capped again. So, yeah, super likely...

however.

Kemba - - Irving
Ingram - - Harden
zion - -Durant

lol

For the 1 billionth time - the Pels do not want Kemba, because if they did, then Jrue Holiday would be wearing a Celtics uniform right now. Pels are trying to clear up the PG position to get minutes for Kira Lewis
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man

Post#1932 » by JediMasterRevan » Mon May 3, 2021 5:09 pm

Hal14 wrote:
JediMasterRevan wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:so basically 0 chance for any free agents on first big contract from rookie scale deal into a sign and trade for more than the rookie scale. We've kind of said that all year. WE can use the rest of the TPE for a player that fits in it as long as it's not a sign and trade.

however.

Kemba - - Irving
Ingram - - Harden
zion - -Durant

lol

1) The reason why there's all of these rumors about Ball going to another team is because the Pelicans have literally zero cap space to resign him this offseason, because of all the $ they're paying other guys (Adams, Bledsoe, Ingram) so there's no way in hell they'd be able to take on Kemba's salary

2) Why would Kemba be the Pelicans "take over guy" at the end of games if they have Zion and Ingram? Both Zion and Ingram are better iso players than Kemba, by a lot.

1) if, IF, a deal was to be made between 2 team involving Kemba/Ball the deal would 100% include Adams and or Bledsoe as well.

2) Kemba has proven to be an end of game closer, and although I do not have clutch numbers in front of me, I would be shocked if Zion or Ingram has better clutch numbers over their career

3) I stated Lol
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man

Post#1933 » by JediMasterRevan » Mon May 3, 2021 5:10 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
JediMasterRevan wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:so basically 0 chance for any free agents on first big contract from rookie scale deal into a sign and trade for more than the rookie scale. We've kind of said that all year. WE can use the rest of the TPE for a player that fits in it as long as it's not a sign and trade.

however.

Kemba - - Irving
Ingram - - Harden
zion - -Durant

lol

For the 1 billionth time - the Pels do not want Kemba, because if they did, then Jrue Holiday would be wearing a Celtics uniform right now. Pels are trying to clear up the PG position to get minutes for Kira Lewis

If Bucks didnt offer 4 firsts for Jrue he would be a celtic. Kemba, immediately after an offseason procedure where it was know he would miss time is not as good as 2 first, 2 first swaps, Steven Adams AND Eric Bledsoe.

Clear space for Kira? Kira is at least another year away from being a legit starter.
Hal14
RealGM

Post#1934 » by Hal14 » Mon May 3, 2021 5:11 pm

playa-hater wrote:

sub Romeo for Nesmith deal :D

You probably already know this since you put a smiley face, but WAS is more likely to actually accept the deal if Nesmith is coming to them instead of Langford..
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man

Post#1935 » by JediMasterRevan » Mon May 3, 2021 5:30 pm

Kemba and Grant WIlliams to Minny

Ricky Rubio and Romeo Langford to Chicago

Russell, Markannen (s&t) and something from Chicago to Boston

Smart/Pritchard
Fournier/Russell
Brown/Nesmith
Tatum/Markannen
RobWill/Thompson

Obviously look to shop Russell elsewhere
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,638

Post#1936 » by BK_2020 » Mon May 3, 2021 5:37 pm

JediMasterRevan wrote:Kemba and Grant WIlliams to Minny

Ricky Rubio and Romeo Langford to Chicago

Russell, Markannen (s&t) and something from Chicago to Boston

Smart/Pritchard
Fournier/Russell
Brown/Nesmith
Tatum/Markannen
RobWill/Thompson

Obviously look to shop Russell elsewhere

You are looking at ~$130 mil. before accounting for Fournier and Markannen's salary.
Luxury tax is ~$136. Tax apron is going to be ~$144.
Please stop having trade ideas.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#1937 » by Darth Celtic » Mon May 3, 2021 5:57 pm

I too like it when we only post trades that are legal under the CBA. If a trade is illegal, no point in sharing it.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
ddb
RealGM

Post#1938 » by ddb » Tue May 4, 2021 11:57 am

Darth Celtic wrote:I too like it when we only post trades that are legal under the CBA. If a trade is illegal, no point in sharing it.

well the trade idea I mentioned with Washington I was only including the core pieces. Let me make it CBA legal for you.

Kemba/Nesmith/Thompson/4 1sts for Beal/Bertans

Smart-Beal-Brown-Tatum-Williams
Pritchard-Romeo-FA-Bertans-FA
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,689

Post#1939 » by ParticleMan » Tue May 4, 2021 12:12 pm

ddb wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:I too like it when we only post trades that are legal under the CBA. If a trade is illegal, no point in sharing it.

well the trade idea I mentioned with Washington I was only including the core pieces. Let me make it CBA legal for you.

i'd love that but what would WAS do with kemba and russ? two inefficient chucking primary ballhandlers... unless they just absolutely want to tank next year...

personally i think no brown, no beal. so that's our choice. in which case dumping kemba would have to be in another deal.
ddb
RealGM

Post#1940 » by ddb » Tue May 4, 2021 12:34 pm

ParticleMan wrote:
ddb wrote:

i'd love that but what would WAS do with kemba and russ? two inefficient chucking primary ballhandlers... unless they just absolutely want to tank next year...

personally i think no brown, no beal. so that's our choice. in which case dumping kemba would have to be in another deal.

they could probably flip Russ in a separate deal. Russ has been really good lately and his contract is getting shorter and shorter with each passing season. I'd imagine there's some sort of market for him out there. Knicks? Pels? Lakers? Heat?

Return to Boston Celtics