ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Tank rest day, Vintage Lowry

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,888

Re: PG: Tank rest day, Vintage Lowry 

Post#121 » by Kingsway_fan » Mon May 3, 2021 4:40 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
Childs wrote:Image

The Lakers commentators talked about how the hemlines of shorts are starting to creep back up. But they noted Lowry was having none of that. :lol:

BTW, the Lakers crew were totally excellent tonight, calling the action in a detailed way, no stupid stories, keeping us informed as to the foul situation, and being completely objective with the fouls called and uncalled. They noted several times when Raptors got the short end of the stick from the refs.

That's why I don't mind these late night games. I just watch the opposing team's feed the next morning on LP. No commercials, done in an hour, and I learn a LOT more about the game.

Yep watched the game here from Wes coast... said it many times, raptors have the worst broadcasters in the NBA... devlin and clowns need to all be replaced, asap.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,591

Post#122 » by Son Goku 25 » Mon May 3, 2021 4:41 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:We had Tony Brothers and Michael Smith for the Denver and Utah games and Pascal got shut out at the free throw line, and the board spends half their energy ****ing about how he's a waste of money. New ref crew and 7FTA, whole new Pascal.

Good on Kyle for not letting Jason Goldenberg get away with nonsense early. He was yelling at him for about 10 minutes straight, and that changed the game in the 2nd quarter. The Lakers just faded.

One of the many things I'll miss about Kyle.

We can't just replace how smart of a basketball player he is and thst includes working the refs or just knowing what's going on and being aware of it, exploiting what other team is trying to draw up. I can't think of one player on this team other than him that can do that.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,235

Post#123 » by PhilBlackson » Mon May 3, 2021 4:43 pm

Raps cause another Team Meeting for their shambled opponents?!?
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Slade3
Sixth Man
And1: 805

Post#124 » by Slade3 » Mon May 3, 2021 4:44 pm

Mikistan wrote:
Slade3 wrote:
Tofubeque wrote:Lakers won an asterisk championship last year.

We, Raptors fans should be the last ones to complain about asterisk championships.

Why is that? Because we beat the gsw warriors franchise who hires racist security, let's owners push players, and rushes players back from injury to re-injure them?

Right, because KD not playing and Klay Thompson out for multiple games made no difference. Check your homerism at the door.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#125 » by Mikistan » Mon May 3, 2021 4:49 pm

Slade3 wrote:
Mikistan wrote:
Slade3 wrote:
We, Raptors fans should be the last ones to complain about asterisk championships.

Why is that? Because we beat the gsw warriors franchise who hires racist security, let's owners push players, and rushes players back from injury to re-injure them?

Right, because KD not playing and Klay Thompson out for multiple games made no difference. Check your homerism at the door.

And kawhi was limping, and Kyle got surgery after the playoffs ended, and OG didn't even play...

We were a team of destiny and there will be no apologizing or asterixes thanks
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,235

Post#126 » by PhilBlackson » Mon May 3, 2021 5:01 pm

Now Schroeder is out....

LOL can't believe Lakers are likely looking at a play in smh. While some of you might still be bitter about LeBronto, personally I do wanna see another Bron/KD showdown n would actually rather see LBJ win it the Supersnake team win. He's about the leagues only hope.

I just actually wish Murray was still healthy n the Nuggets were going through, too damn bad *sigh
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 18,986

Post#127 » by DelAbbot » Mon May 3, 2021 5:02 pm

Slade3 wrote:
Mikistan wrote:
Slade3 wrote:

Who cares about KD not playing. Adding KD to an already-champion lineup of Curry+Klay+Draymond is "cheating" anyway. There is no asterisk on our 2019 championship - we beat the 2015 championship lineup.
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,279

Post#128 » by ruckus » Mon May 3, 2021 5:05 pm

Slade3 wrote:
Mikistan wrote:
Slade3 wrote:

How is that homerism? Injuries are part of the game. The ability to have your key players available when you absolutely need them is the reason we have a guy like Alex McKechnie.

Theres no more an asterisk on our ship than there should be an asterisk on the Rockets 2 ships cause Jordan was shagging fly balls.
ChromeKid
Veteran
And1: 2,380

Post#129 » by ChromeKid » Mon May 3, 2021 5:23 pm

This win got better as LeBrons tears started to flow
TheProfessor
Starter
And1: 1,012

Post#130 » by TheProfessor » Mon May 3, 2021 5:24 pm

So this is how it feels when Dad lets you down...Damn it Lebron.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,067

Post#131 » by tecumseh18 » Mon May 3, 2021 5:25 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
Slade3 wrote:
Mikistan wrote:

Who cares about KD not playing. Adding KD to an already-champion lineup of Curry+Klay+Draymond is "cheating" anyway. There is no asterisk on our 2019 championship - we beat the 2015 championship lineup.

Any one series can be decided by injury, but a championship is won by winning four series. Raptors had the toughest road to the Finals, having to beat the hottest team going into the playoffs (Orlando), the most talented starting five in the league (Sixers with Butler and JJ), the dominant team in the league that season by wins and ridiculous point differential (Bucks), and the Warriors who had just swept Portland in the WCF even without KD. The talk going into the Finals was that the Warriors were better without KD. The ball moved better.

At least Klay played three quarters of Game 6 healthy. He racked up the points, but when he went down, Iggy clicked into Ray Allen mode to keep GSW in the game. Cousins was a factor in the fourth quarter. No guarantee that the Dubs would have scored more points if Klay continued to play. Basketball doesn't work like that. We're seeing that with the Nuggets after Murray went down.

Meanwhile, Kyle started Game 6 strong, but if you were watching closely he tweaked his back in the second quarter, and wasn't a factor for the rest of the game. The one shot he made after that was a rim bouncing fluke.

And clearly Kawhi wasn't healthy for Games 5 and 6. He had that spurt toward the end of Game 5, but that was it for the series. And why was Kawhi hurting? Why did he have to play so many minutes? Because OG missed the entire playoffs.

Raps swept the Dubs that regular season, with KD and Klay playing both games. There was nothing more the Raps could do to EARN that championship. See my sig.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,542

Post#132 » by mdenny » Mon May 3, 2021 5:26 pm

I should know better than to doubt lebron...but I'm wondering if this is finally that moment.

Leo was right....he was getting no lift when he drove the lane. Still executing but that wont work come playoff time against good rim protectors. Those high ankle sprains can take years to fully heal.

Not only that....this was the first time I have seen so many of his patented passes get deflected or intercepted or miss the mark. That, to me, is an even bigger warning sign than lift on his lane drives.

To top it all off...AD has never proven he can carry a team imo.

Of course...this might just be another misguided lebron doubting instance.
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#133 » by Pooh_Jeter » Mon May 3, 2021 5:52 pm

Yeah, if this health thing with LeBron and AD lingers then it's a problem, but as of now I think they are still the heavy favourites. I can't imagine they want to be in the play in games, but I bet they would salivate at playing Phoenix or Utah in the first round.

This whole stretch feels like a patented LeBron motivation tactic. "Nobody believes in us" even though they are the defending champs. Keep in mind they also played extremely poorly in the bubble last year prior to the start of the playoffs.
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,067

Post#134 » by tecumseh18 » Mon May 3, 2021 5:54 pm

mdenny wrote:I should know better than to doubt lebron...but I'm wondering if this is finally that moment.

Leo was right....he was getting no lift when he drove the lane. Still executing but that wont work come playoff time against good rim protectors. Those high ankle sprains can take years to fully heal.

Not only that....this was the first time I have seen so many of his patented passes get deflected or intercepted or miss the mark. That, to me, is an even bigger warning sign than lift on his lane drives.

Yeah, I remember being at the ACC when the Lakers came in with Steve Nash as PG. Jose totally clowned Nash. You could see it was the end of an era. Last night gave me the same vibe. But ... this is Lebron, the most injury resistant player ever. If Wolverine was an NBA player, he'd be Lebron.

Honestly, I'd worry more about AD. He definitely doesn't look right (although tbf he never looks good against the Raps). And he's a player who has ALWAYS had injury issues.
Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,450

Post#135 » by Ramed Nazored » Mon May 3, 2021 6:01 pm

mdenny wrote:I should know better than to doubt lebron...but I'm wondering if this is finally that moment.

It's that moment. An athlete that's played the game as long as him, at his age, whose incurred the bumps and bruises that come with his kind of mileage, isn't going to bounce back from the kind of ankle injury he sustained. He admitted as much himself. He'll never be 100% again.

He's a phenom. A once in a lifetime athlete, but father-time is undefeated. LBJ's decline starts now.
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#136 » by Young_Buc » Mon May 3, 2021 6:02 pm

Well if that 9th pick shoots up into the top 4 this is fine. If the 7th pick does it....
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,888

Post#137 » by Kingsway_fan » Mon May 3, 2021 6:06 pm

Pooh_Jeter wrote:Yeah, if this health thing with LeBron and AD lingers then it's a problem, but as of now I think they are still the heavy favourites. I can't imagine they want to be in the play in games, but I bet they would salivate at playing Phoenix or Utah in the first round.

This whole stretch feels like a patented LeBron motivation tactic. "Nobody believes in us" even though they are the defending champs. Keep in mind they also played extremely poorly in the bubble last year prior to the start of the playoffs.

Heavy favorites? Lol... yeah, heavy favorites for first round exit....
Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,450

Post#138 » by Ramed Nazored » Mon May 3, 2021 6:22 pm

‘Bron hasn’t won a single game vs the raps since joining LAL. You love to see it.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,167

Post#139 » by mademan » Mon May 3, 2021 6:26 pm

Kingsway_fan wrote:
Pooh_Jeter wrote:Yeah, if this health thing with LeBron and AD lingers then it's a problem, but as of now I think they are still the heavy favourites. I can't imagine they want to be in the play in games, but I bet they would salivate at playing Phoenix or Utah in the first round.

Heavy favorites? Lol... yeah, heavy favorites for first round exit....

We're a year removed from them limping into the playoffs, losing game 1 and everyone screaming how they were gonna falter, only for them win the title in fairly easy fashion. Lebron+defense in the playoffs is still a very scary sight, especially if AD stops playing charmin soft
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#140 » by Danny1616 » Mon May 3, 2021 6:27 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:Now Schroeder is out....

LOL can't believe Lakers are likely looking at a play in smh. While some of you might still be bitter about LeBronto, personally I do wanna see another Bron/KD showdown n would actually rather see LBJ win it the Supersnake team win. He's about the leagues only hope.

I just actually wish Murray was still healthy n the Nuggets were going through, too damn bad *sigh

I'd like to see a Clippers-Lakers, Lebron vs. Kawhi showdown.

Clippers and Lakers, when healthy, are the two most talented teams in the West. Kawhi and Lebron are 1-1 in the NBA finals. Would be interesting to see that match-up.

Return to Toronto Raptors