ImageImageImage

New rotations going forward!?!?

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,141

New rotations going forward!?!? 

Post#1 » by playa-hater » Sat May 1, 2021 4:26 am

playoffs playoffs playoffs. Every game is a playoff level must win.

The Js start of course, but what about the rest?

Fournier is not looking/playing well. But is a proven shooter/scorer.

Nesmith is an all out energizer who has shown major flashes as a complete player, but still is a Rookie with no (almost no) Big game experience.

RW, who is a beast when healthy, but may not be completely healthy.

TT - is a limited but battle tested veteran who is playing his best. albeit limited ball right now.

Then we have Kemba Smart PP for the guard spots.

we have in No order Romeo, Parker, Grant - Semi - Kornet

So who would you play and how much going forward?

Want to hear your opinions? Playoffs are in the house!
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 2,506

Re: New rotations going forward!?!? 

Post#2 » by snowman » Sat May 1, 2021 4:40 am

Starters:
Kemba, Smart, Brown, Tatum, Timelord

Bench:
Pritchard, Fournier, Nesmith, Thompson.

Blowouts:
Langford, Parker, G. Will, Kornet.

I don't care if Semi and Edwards ever play for the Celtics again. Well, I guess Semi can play against the Greek Freak if we face the Bucks.
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#3 » by jmr07019 » Sat May 1, 2021 5:01 am

snowman wrote:Starters:
Kemba, Smart, Brown, Tatum, Timelord

Bench:
Pritchard, Fournier, Nesmith, Thompson.

Blowouts:
Langford, Parker, G. Will, Kornet.

I don't care if Semi and Edwards ever play for the Celtics again. Well, I guess Semi can play against the Greek Freak if we face the Bucks.

This but the guys in the blowout category have a chance to move up to the bench group pending matchups and recent play. At least we have 2 proven shooters (Pritch and Fournier) and 1 guy who can occasionally hit 3's with a chance of doing more (Nesmith). That seems a lot better than last year when we had Wannamaker and then no one else.
Show Love Spread Love
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,528

Post#4 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat May 1, 2021 5:33 am

Time Lord and Thompson split the center duties.

Walker, Smart, Brown, Tatum are the main guys at the other 4 positions.

Also in the core rotation are at least two of Pritchard, Nesmith and Fournier. Each would be a lock without issues stemming from health or youth. Pritchard is a near-lock anyway, and so is Fournier unless his COVID recovery is very slow.

The "if-needed" list starts with frontcourt guys: Kornet, Grant, Semi. Brad probably has little hesitation going to those guys if it situationally makes sense.

He's probably more nervous about trotting out Langford, Parker or Waters, but injury or desparation could of course drive him to do so.

Tacko and Carsen are probably at the bottom of the emergency-use list.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 10,926

Post#5 » by exculpatory » Sat May 1, 2021 6:35 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:Time Lord and Thompson split the center duties.

Walker, Smart, Brown, Tatum are the main guys at the other 4 positions.

Also in the core rotation are at least two of Pritchard, Nesmith and Fournier. Each would be a lock without issues stemming from health or youth. Pritchard is a near-lock anyway, and so is Fournier unless his COVID recovery is very slow.

The "if-needed" list starts with frontcourt guys: Kornet, Grant, Semi. Brad probably has little hesitation going to those guys if it situationally makes sense.

He's probably more nervous about trotting out Langford, Parker or Waters, but injury or
desparation (DESPERATION)
could of course drive him to do so.

Tacko and Carsen are probably at the bottom of the emergency-use list.

Agree with the top 9.
Kemba needs to not shoot excessively.
Marcus needs to play exactly like he did tonight in the second half - assists w minimal TO, limited shots & all pro D.
JT needs to continue to be Paul Pierce game in game out.
Jaylen needs to be his Robin & stop the bull rush TOs.
I love the contrasting skill sets of Tristan & Rob at the 5.
Fournier will be back in a groove by PO time - and will prove to invaluable.
Pritch is a solid back up point.
Nesmith is exploding upwards at precisely the right time!

Waters will be the emergency use only PG.
Brad will not hesitate to use Romeo, Semi & Grant for limited minutes special defensive assignments.
Parker & Luke will be used very little.
Tacko & Edwards are irrelevant.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#6 » by playa-hater » Sat May 1, 2021 6:41 am

Fournier will come around, sooner hopefully than later, but the way Nesmith is playing defense alone is making me think Nesmith should get more min that EF. Seeing Smart + Nesmith on defense with Tatum Brown and RW makes me actually think they can be a legit title contending defense.

I'd have a lot more confidence with Boston going forward if their defense (not offense) stepped up bigtime.
MambaForever
Ballboy
And1: 51

Post#7 » by MambaForever » Sat May 1, 2021 7:16 am

Starters: Kemba, Smart, Brown, Tatum, Williams...
If teams are picking on Kemba’s size right off the jump come playoff time, then counter by subbing in Nesmith.

Kemba(30), Prichard/Nesmith(18)
Smart(30), Fournier(18)
Brown(36), Fournier(12)
Tatum(36), Parker/Williams(12)
Williams III(24), Thompson(24)

Point; Kemba, Smart, Prichard.
Wings; Tatum, Brown, Fournier, Nesmith
Bigs; Williams III, Thompson
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,689

Post#8 » by ParticleMan » Sat May 1, 2021 12:42 pm

I don't know that it's really new, except perhaps if Nesmith can continue his strong play that puts him in the solid 9-man rotation.

Kemba/Smart/Brown/Tatum/Williams
Pritchard/Fournier/Nesmith/Thompson

Guys who get in situationally are Grant/Parker/Semi
Break glass guys are Kornet/Carsen/Tremont
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,528

Post#9 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon May 3, 2021 4:01 am

ParticleMan wrote:I don't know that it's really new, except perhaps if Nesmith can continue his strong play that puts him in the solid 9-man rotation.

You forgot, perhaps happily, the existence of Romeo.

Otherwise, your views match a fairly clear consensus, which the Portland game -- Nesmith's third consecutive strong outing and Fournier's first in quite a while -- did nothing to dispel.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#10 » by playa-hater » Mon May 3, 2021 4:09 am

I don't now if Nesmith could stay out of Foul trouble for long, but I would Love Nesmith to play 30+ min per game. His energy and production are unreal since Stevens finally gave him a chance 3 games ago. that and his FIT with everyone is near flawless.
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#11 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Mon May 3, 2021 4:37 am

playa-hater wrote:I don't now if Nesmith could stay out of Foul trouble for long, but I would Love Nesmith to play 30+ min per game. His energy and production are unreal since Stevens finally gave him a chance 3 games ago. that and his FIT with everyone is near flawless.

Yep I am totally eating crow on him, was not expecting him to click
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#12 » by cloverleaf » Mon May 3, 2021 10:35 am

I really want to see what a new coach can do with this team next season.
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,689

Post#13 » by ParticleMan » Mon May 3, 2021 10:45 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:
ParticleMan wrote:I don't know that it's really new, except perhaps if Nesmith can continue his strong play that puts him in the solid 9-man rotation.

You forgot, perhaps happily, the existence of Romeo.

Otherwise, your views match a fairly clear consensus, which the Portland game -- Nesmith's third consecutive strong outing and Fournier's first in quite a while -- did nothing to dispel.

ha! so i did. i'm not sure whether to put him in situational or break glass. but shakespeare knows: what light through yonder window breaks? it is the glass.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#14 » by cloverleaf » Mon May 3, 2021 12:08 pm

playa-hater wrote:I don't now if Nesmith could stay out of Foul trouble for long, but I would Love Nesmith to play 30+ min per game. His energy and production are unreal since Stevens finally gave him a chance 3 games ago. that and his FIT with everyone is near flawless.

As a rook he's averaging 4.4 PFs per 36, so he should mostly be okay.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#15 » by playa-hater » Mon May 3, 2021 4:12 pm

LarryBirdsFingr wrote:

Yep I am totally eating crow on him, was not expecting him to click

1 down 30 to go 8-)
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,008

Post#16 » by Hal14 » Mon May 3, 2021 7:46 pm

Move Langford into the situational group and we're in agreement.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
1st banana
Starter
And1: 3,002

Post#17 » by 1st banana » Tue May 4, 2021 7:31 am

Low key I’m very excited for the 9-10 man playoff rotation

Kemba-smart-Jaylen-Tatum-Timelord
Paypay-ze Frenchman-nesmith(could flip flop him with Evan)-Tristan
Rome-Jabari-grant-kornet-semi I can see playing them in a matchup based or foul trouble situation.

Although luke Rome and Jabari I think can be of help in more matchups. Semi used exclusively as the Giannis stopper and Grant as the Bam stopper.
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#18 » by Ernest » Tue May 4, 2021 9:30 am

Brad is trying to figure a few things out before the playoffs:

1. Can we count on Nesmith in a playoff rotation?

2. Same for Romeo.

Romeo and Nesmith clearly have a higher ceiling than Grant and Semi but they are just not tested yet. Hopefully they keep playing well and beat out Grant and Semi who despite all the hate they get on here are fine at the roles they play. Hopefully Nesmith and Romeo can just push them down the bench 2 spots.

3. Will Fournier get it together before the playoffs? 2 bad games, 2 good games, COVID, a bunch of bad games, but last game he looked good. My guess is that his resume alone gives him a chance in the playoffs.

Thats really about it. TT vs RWill comes down to matchups and everything else comes down to health.

It is interesting that Waters has got some minutes as of late. He may have overtaken Edwards as the break in case of emergency point guard.

For minutes I think you'd play Brown Tatum and Smart as close to the whole game as you could without losing production to fatigue. one of TT or Rwill in for most of the game unless the other team goes small. PP spells Walker. So the only questions are how many minutes Fournier Romeo and Nesmith get.
ballup
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,526

Post#19 » by ballup » Tue May 4, 2021 1:47 pm

You know that's mathematically impossible unless there's an injury or you're cutting major minutes from Fournier/Pritchard

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,008

Post#20 » by Hal14 » Tue May 4, 2021 2:24 pm

Ernest wrote:It is interesting that Waters has got some minutes as of late. He may have overtaken Edwards as the break in case of emergency point guard.

Waters has been the emergency PG all year, getting the PG mins behind Kemba/Smart/Pritchard/Teague when he was here. Edwards can't play PG, he's a SG. Edwards has gotten the emergency SG mins all year..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)

Return to Boston Celtics