Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,649

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1761 » by stormi » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:55 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2075165

I'd be all over this if one became expendable due to Okoro + potential 2021 draft lottery results.
ProcessDoctor
General Manager
And1: 5,153

Post#1762 » by ProcessDoctor » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:38 pm

DCasey91 wrote:Thing is I’m not buying on Lavine atm (Ingram is the more enticing one if it’s for a younger player) CJ I like because of experience. I may come around to Lavine in the future.

That's the catch with LaVine. His value is only going to rise each season he improves. He kicked it up a notch this season and will only get better IMO. His playoff experience is unknown, but his upside as a 3rd banana alongside Jo and Ben is tremendous.

Send Harris to either Golden State or Sacramento, assets to Chicago, and LaVine + Thad here. IMO, with that trio, we'd be legit title contenders annually until Embiid starts to dwindle. Having that trio at 25-27-years old heading into their prime together would be fantastic, and maybe the best possible 'process' salvage we can hope for.

CHI out: LaVine, Thad
CHI in: Wiggins, Milton, 2021 PHI FRP, 2021 MIN SRP, 2022 GSW FRP, 2023 PHI FRP

GSW out: Wiggins, 2021 MIN SRP, 2022 FRP
GSW in: Harris

PHI out: Harris, Milton, 2021 & 2023 FRPs
PHI in: LaVine, Thad

Simmons(14)/Hill(24)/Curry(14)
LaVine(34)/Curry(10)/Thybulle(4)
Green(28)/Thybulle(20)
Thad(28)/Simmons(20)
Embiid(32)/Howard(16)

Simmons/Hill/Maxey
LaVine/Curry/Joe
Green/Thybulle/NYK 2nd
Thad/Reed/FA
Embiid/Howard/FA
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,261

Post#1763 » by DCasey91 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:54 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:Thing is I’m not buying on Lavine atm (Ingram is the more enticing one if it’s for a younger player) CJ I like because of experience. I may come around to Lavine in the future.

That's the catch with LaVine. His value is only going to rise each season he improves. He kicked it up a notch this season and will only get better IMO. His playoff experience is unknown, but his upside as a 3rd banana alongside Jo and Ben is tremendous.

Send Harris to either Golden State or Sacramento, assets to Chicago, and LaVine + Thad here. IMO, with that trio, we'd be legit title contenders annually until Embiid starts to dwindle. Having that trio at 25-27-years old heading into their prime together would be fantastic, and maybe the best possible 'process' salvage we can hope for.

CHI out: LaVine, Thad
CHI in: Wiggins, Milton, 2021 PHI FRP, 2021 MIN SRP, 2022 GSW FRP, 2023 PHI FRP

GSW out: Wiggins, 2021 MIN SRP, 2022 FRP
GSW in: Harris

PHI out: Harris, Milton, 2021 & 2023 FRPs
PHI in: LaVine, Thad

Simmons(14)/Hill(24)/Curry(14)
LaVine(34)/Curry(10)/Thybulle(4)
Green(28)/Thybulle(20)
Thad(28)/Simmons(20)
Embiid(32)/Howard(16)

Simmons/Hill/Maxey
LaVine/Curry/Joe
Green/Thybulle/NYK 2nd
Thad/Reed/FA
Embiid/Howard/FA

I like both the Blazers/Bulls option just wished I could see him in the playoffs. His stats are impressive of course but metrics don’t paint him in the best light. Watching him closely he’s a really really bad defender still and his shot selection can be very questionable sometimes. He does fit the timelines very well. It’s like damn I need to see the player play in games that matter before I jump on. But it’s a fair play here to go for Lavine.

Our teams sake we need a person on the outside that will take 20+ shots per game in a playoff environment, both can do that no worries. I’m very interested to see how Booker goes (I think his game is tailor made for playoff ball, if Murray/Mitchell can go off then who knows with Booker which I do rate higher then both
before the bubble.)

We all like Thybulle but he may be collateral in a trade package because he has great perceived value when team’s were very interested in him at the trade deadline this year.

Looking now I don’t think Brown/Ingram is a chance without Ben. Is Beal priority number one for Morey?
I’m not trading Ben unless the number two is legit and a tier above.

Embiid/Lavine/Ben
Embiid/CJ/Ben
Embiid/Beal/Thybulle?

Are all possibilities. The team structure may look different but it’s only going to take 2 moves to maneuver into a true championship caliber side.

Just thinking for the Bulls if it’s a fair trade package
I know the Blazers one is super balanced for both sides. I think they are keeping Wiggins for now and possible putting Wiseman/Wiggins together plus a pick for something big. Who knows but a starting unit of:

Curry
Thompson
Wiggins
Green
Looney

Is a seriously good threat if Klay comes back at his best (Wiggins plays the Barnes role). I mean his contract doesn’t look that bad the further into you go.

Playoffs/Off-Season I’m watching closely (just wished everyone was healthy on all teams and the Playoffs started today the RS game are a drag now lol).
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,673

Post#1764 » by the_process » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:14 pm

Rastas wrote:Portland will want Ben not Tobi , I'm sure they would add an asset or 2 with CJ to tempt the Sixers.

Portland doesn’t have enough assets to get that done.
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#1765 » by cool93 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:34 am

Rastas wrote:Portland will want Ben not Tobi , I'm sure they would add an asset or 2 with CJ to tempt the Sixers.

I mean even with all picks and pick swaps Portland won't have enough to add to CJ in that deal.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,261

Post#1766 » by DCasey91 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:37 am

How come no one but the Nets picked up Mike James? Dude would be our best backup PG since god knows lol
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#1767 » by Rastas » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:58 am

Aahh sorry for not keeping up with you guys , I forgot Ben went from being the offence and space killer to the guy the Sixers can't win without.
Maybe I try post this trade another time when the majority of you guys have your pitch forks back out for him.
the_process wrote:

Sent from my SM-G998B using RealGM mobile app
the_process
RealGM

Post#1768 » by the_process » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:20 am

stormi wrote:viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2075165

I'd be all over this if one became expendable due to Okoro + potential 2021 draft lottery results.

CLE is definitely where Morey needs to go shopping.
davesilver
Junior
And1: 204

Post#1769 » by davesilver » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:40 am

the_process wrote:

I just am not convinced Sexton or Garland would bring us over the edge ? There’s kind of a confusing vision and timeline in acquiring one of them
the_process
RealGM

Post#1770 » by the_process » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:46 am

Rastas wrote:Aahh sorry for not keeping up with you guys , I forgot Ben went from being the offence and space killer to the guy the Sixers can't win without.
Maybe I try post this trade another time when the majority of you guys have your pitch forks back out for him.
the_process wrote:

Sent from my SM-G998B using RealGM mobile app

Ben being a non-progressing pain in the ass doesn’t mean his value has disappeared. Do you remember last season we had people saying Harris was the worst contract in the league? He’s now more valuable than CJ. So CJ is not some prize, he’s simply better than what the Sixers currently have because they have refused to acquire self-creating guards for so long.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1771 » by the_process » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:50 am

davesilver wrote:
the_process wrote:

I just am not convinced Sexton or Garland would bring us over the edge ? There’s kind of a confusing vision and timeline in acquiring one of them

Acquiring guys on Embiid’s exact timeline is going to be very difficult. And speaking just for me, I’m not interested in the Kyle Lowry types. Means you get two or maybe if you’re really lucky three looks at it and then window closed back to processing.

Rather play the long game while putting the correct skill sets around Embiid to maximize him.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#1772 » by youngcrev » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:09 am

the_process wrote:
davesilver wrote:
the_process wrote:

Acquiring guys on Embiid’s exact timeline is going to be very difficult. And speaking just for me, I’m not interested in the Kyle Lowry types. Means you get two or maybe if you’re really lucky three looks at it and then window closed back to processing.

Rather play the long game while putting the correct skill sets around Embiid to maximize him.

I don't really get the logic there. It gives you that long with Lowry, but you'd still have Embiid and Simmons when all is said and done.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1773 » by the_process » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:31 am

youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:
davesilver wrote:

I don't really get the logic there. It gives you that long with Lowry, but you'd still have Embiid and Simmons when all is said and done.

Embiid and Simmons is not enough, they are almost out of assets, and trading what they have left for an old guy who used to be good means that if they don’t cash out immediately there no way to hop back up on the horse. It would leave them at Jo is 30 so either try a quick retool on the fly by trading Ben, or trade Jo and build around a flawed player in Ben. I feel both of those scenarios are complete failures. You acquire younger guys to try and keep this thing rolling along.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#1774 » by sixers4real » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:52 am

If that’s true about Lowry, I bet they want to keep Simmons Embiid Harris and add Lowry for 37-40 M for 2 years.

But I don’t believe that. I bet Morey will look to add star to help Simmons Embiid or trade Simmons. Or we win the title and make no significant changes lol
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#1775 » by youngcrev » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:43 am

the_process wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
the_process wrote:

Embiid and Simmons is not enough, they are almost out of assets, and trading what they have left for an old guy who used to be good means that if they don’t cash out immediately there no way to hop back up on the horse. It would leave them at Jo is 30 so either try a quick retool on the fly by trading Ben, or trade Jo and build around a flawed player in Ben. I feel both of those scenarios are complete failures. You acquire younger guys to try and keep this thing rolling along.

S&Ts don't tend to yield huge asset returns. You're probably looking at Curry, Hill, and something, at least IMO.

I'm not sure they have the assets as is to make a big splash if they aren't moving Simmons, so I wouldn't let a hypothetical stop from adding a very good player to an already very good team.

You can look at like it's a short term band aid, but I see it as a guy that improves your championship odds, while buying you some time to develop other guys to build up your assets.
MoeGreene
Junior
And1: 135

Post#1776 » by MoeGreene » Mon May 3, 2021 5:53 pm

Can we agree that Ben and or Tobias need to be on a different team next year? Going against the lowly Spurs and they combine for 11 points. That's not acceptable.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,339

Post#1777 » by 76ciology » Mon May 3, 2021 6:44 pm

MoeGreene wrote:Can we agree that Ben and or Tobias need to be on a different team next year? Going against the lowly Spurs and they combine for 11 points. That's not acceptable.

Sure. But you dont trade them just for the sake of getting rid of them. If you can’t get a good return then you might as well hold unto them.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
MoeGreene
Junior
And1: 135

Post#1778 » by MoeGreene » Mon May 3, 2021 8:13 pm

That's fine. But happy we agree that its entering time to move on.

76ciology wrote:
MoeGreene wrote:Can we agree that Ben and or Tobias need to be on a different team next year? Going against the lowly Spurs and they combine for 11 points. That's not acceptable.

Sure. But you dont trade them just for the sake of getting rid of them. If you can’t get a good return then you might as well hold unto them.
LeonJordanJr24
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#1779 » by LeonJordanJr24 » Tue May 4, 2021 3:15 pm

Tobias, Shake (unrestricted expiring ) and picks for an alpha scoring guard this offseason.

Korkmaz can walk unless for a reasonable price. Scott adios.
Try to resign Dwight and Green.
Still got Curry and Hill as vets next year.

Joe , maxey, thybulle, reed , simmons are the future.

All star level Scoring Guard/ Hill
curry /Maxey / joe
Thybulle/ ------
Simmons/ bball paul
Embiid/ ------------
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,339

Post#1780 » by 76ciology » Tue May 4, 2021 5:43 pm

MoeGreene wrote:That's fine. But happy we agree that its entering time to move on.

76ciology wrote:

Ive already decided to moved on a long time ago.
It’s just that it’s tough to get a good return.

And as time passes by that window gets smaller.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers