ImageImageImage

Welcome to Boston, Aaron Nesmith!

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Re: Welcome to Boston, Aaron Nesmith! 

Post#721 » by cloverleaf » Mon May 3, 2021 6:51 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:Are you guys serious? A week ago he was shooting 32 pct from 3 and he's barely played organized basketball in 18 months. Energy is great but when you're running around like a chicken with its head cut off and not doing anything on offense, why should the coach be playing you more? Now he's showing he can do something useful with that energy, the shot is falling. So he plays.

Nesmith's two biggest months for minutes so far are February and April, when he shot .421 and .409 from 3 (and .671 and .611 TS%), respectively. He's at 1.000 from 3 so far for May (and 1.143 TS%.)

PS He's second on the team in on/off +/- for C's playing at least 500 minutes (or 200 minutes, for that matter), behind just JT. He is also just .002 behind JT in TS% on the year.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,211

Post#722 » by Homerclease » Mon May 3, 2021 6:56 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:I genuinely don't get who Nesmith should have been playing over up until a few weeks ago. He's going to be pushing 1000 minutes by the end of the playoffs, maybe more if the Celtics get their **** together. For a young player who is coming off an injured college season where he played 14 games, and with all this past year has thrown at sports teams and how they are able to practice, it's kind of insane to really be as upset as some posters here are. There are no practices and **** so teams play players who are more acclimated if they wish to win.

Is he a bust yet? The only one who seems upset is you.

Is he a bust yet? He's 500 minutes into his NBA career. No.

Were you not the one that said he had to shoot 50% from 3 or else he’s a bust?
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 9,990

Post#723 » by Dogen » Mon May 3, 2021 7:03 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:Are you guys serious? A week ago he was shooting 32 pct from 3 and he's barely played organized basketball in 18 months. Energy is great but when you're running around like a chicken with its head cut off and not doing anything on offense, why should the coach be playing you more? Now he's showing he can do something useful with that energy, the shot is falling. So he plays.

Nesmith's two biggest months for minutes so far are February and April, when he shot .421 and .409 from 3 (and .671 and .611 TS%), respectively. He's at 1.000 from 3 so far for May (and 1.143 TS%.)

He’s settling in and his shot is falling, that’s great news. Yet, what Bleeding Green says about not playing for 18 months, plus the foot injury and no training camp — this is all good news to see what he is doing now that he’s had a few months with the team and to adjust to the NBA game.
Hey you! Can we come together?
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#724 » by Bleeding Green » Mon May 3, 2021 7:07 pm

Homerclease wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:
Homerclease wrote:Is he a bust yet? The only one who seems upset is you.

Is he a bust yet? He's 500 minutes into his NBA career. No.

Were you not the one that said he had to shoot 50% from 3 or else he’s a bust?

I don't recall that, but I definitely was not a fan of the pick relative to who was still on the board.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,689

Post#725 » by ParticleMan » Mon May 3, 2021 7:07 pm

playa-hater wrote:
ParticleMan wrote:
playa-hater wrote:I am still so sick of Stevens NOT giving Nesmith a LEGIT chance all year long. All year long no one understood the value of playing time = (experience + in game reps) = confidence = better PRODUCTION.

This disaster of a coach gave minutes to players like Edwards-Semi-J Green -blah blah blah, when it was so obvious that they weren't anything more than end of bench/G-league level talents.

And no one can say Nesmith developed due to the many practices and game minutes. He only played due to a ton of losing with non productive scrubs and injuries. Damn if it were not for injuries and missed time Nesmith would not even had this chance.

The more quality games I see Nesmith play, the more I despise Brad Stevens.

he SUCKED earlier in the year when he got minutes. people were openly wondering whether he was a bust. that wasn't brad's fault. he was a 3 and D guy who couldn't hit the 3 and couldn't defend.

it wasn't brad stevens who suddenly wised up. it was nesmith who actually got better. shockingly, that happens with young players. giving guys undeserved minutes is not only a terrible way to develop players, it is terrible for team morale. now that nesmith is playing well, he's getting minutes. funny how that works.

And how do you suppose he got better? his non practices?? his watching from the sidelines? It really amazes me that you would rather believe everything Stevens does is Right, even when the evidence is insurmountable in my opinion.

not sure if you realize this, but nba players aren't sitting around playing xbox until 30 minutes before a game, suit up, play, and go home. that's not actually how it works, this isn't semi-pro. during the day they are working on their game, watching film, shooting, working with coaches, working out, etc etc. this is their job. getting better doesn't only happen when you're watching them on tv. in fact, it mostly doesn't happen then, it happens behind the scenes, especially for younger guys.

for player development, the record shows that stevens does quite well. he brings guys along, and they get better. it happens with top guys like tatum and brown, it happens with late-round projects like timelord. stevens is pretty good at getting players to maximize their talent, but it takes patience. the evidence for this is that when players leave, they don't suddenly "blossom" elsewhere. stevens has a very solid track record of developing young guys. the picks who have failed haven't failed because of stevens, it's not like they've done better anywhere else.

i get that nesmith is your binky. that's great, we all have them. but at least be self-aware about this. realize that when nesmith is getting minutes while sucking, this could be minutes that could be going for instance to romeo. why doesn't romeo get a chance to develop too? why should romeo be benched when he's playing better than nesmith? that was the situation not even that long ago. now it's not. and even semi. if semi is playing better than nesmith, why shouldn't he play? we're not some lottery team (well, at least that wasn't our aspiration this year), we are trying to win games and compete. playing binkies when they're sucking isn't a good strategy if you want to win games. even giving them 10 minutes can turn a game, the margin between winning and losing on any given night is slim. you play the guys who will help you win. brad isn't the GM, it's not his job to think about two years from now.

lastly, i have criticized stevens plenty, if you've read my posts you'd know that. i think he has lost touch with this team, frankly. he is on the hot seat in my book, if not this year (if only for covid/injuries) then certainly next year. while i think he's generally a good coach, he's good at some things but not so good at others. i'm not a brad worshipper. don't strawman me on this.
soxfan2003
RealGM
And1: 4,178

Post#726 » by soxfan2003 » Mon May 3, 2021 7:08 pm

cloverleaf wrote:

Nesmith is clearly a very good shooter. 82.5% from the line in your first two years of college ball is nothing to sneeze at. Even if his college 3 point shooting percentage last year was a relatively small sample size and not a full season against the better competition, still somewhat tough for an ordinary shooter to ever shoot over 50% from 3 over around 115 attempts.

And if the media leaks and my memory is correct, Nesmith really did shoot 3's extremely well for the Celtics and/or in other workouts near the time of the draft.

It really was just a question of exactly how well he ends up shooting 3's against NBA competition and obviously exactly where the other elements of his game ends up. Time will tell but I did think the Celtics could really benefit from a high level 3 and D player added to the roster.
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#727 » by Spin Move » Mon May 3, 2021 7:41 pm

ParticleMan wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
ParticleMan wrote:
he SUCKED earlier in the year when he got minutes. people were openly wondering whether he was a bust. that wasn't brad's fault. he was a 3 and D guy who couldn't hit the 3 and couldn't defend.

it wasn't brad stevens who suddenly wised up. it was nesmith who actually got better. shockingly, that happens with young players. giving guys undeserved minutes is not only a terrible way to develop players, it is terrible for team morale. now that nesmith is playing well, he's getting minutes. funny how that works.

And how do you suppose he got better? his non practices?? his watching from the sidelines? It really amazes me that you would rather believe everything Stevens does is Right, even when the evidence is insurmountable in my opinion.

not sure if you realize this, but nba players aren't sitting around playing xbox until 30 minutes before a game, suit up, play, and go home. that's not actually how it works, this isn't semi-pro. during the day they are working on their game, watching film, shooting, working with coaches, working out, etc etc. this is their job. getting better doesn't only happen when you're watching them on tv. in fact, it mostly doesn't happen then, it happens behind the scenes, especially for younger guys.

for player development, the record shows that stevens does quite well. he brings guys along, and they get better. it happens with top guys like tatum and brown, it happens with late-round projects like timelord. stevens is pretty good at getting players to maximize their talent, but it takes patience. the evidence for this is that when players leave, they don't suddenly "blossom" elsewhere. stevens has a very solid track record of developing young guys. the picks who have failed haven't failed because of stevens, it's not like they've done better anywhere else.

i get that nesmith is your binky. that's great, we all have them. but at least be self-aware about this. realize that when nesmith is getting minutes while sucking, this could be minutes that could be going for instance to romeo. why doesn't romeo get a chance to develop too? why should romeo be benched when he's playing better than nesmith? that was the situation not even that long ago. now it's not. and even semi. if semi is playing better than nesmith, why shouldn't he play? we're not some lottery team (well, at least that wasn't our aspiration this year), we are trying to win games and compete. playing binkies when they're sucking isn't a good strategy if you want to win games. even giving them 10 minutes can turn a game, the margin between winning and losing on any given night is slim. you play the guys who will help you win. brad isn't the GM, it's not his job to think about two years from now.

lastly, i have criticized stevens plenty, if you've read my posts you'd know that. i think he has lost touch with this team, frankly. he is on the hot seat in my book, if not this year (if only for covid/injuries) then certainly next year. while i think he's generally a good coach, he's good at some things but not so good at others. i'm not a brad worshipper. don't strawman me on this.

So I think this is more nuanced and you are over simplifying a bit. At the very start of the season, I agree Nesmith was completely lost and overtaken by the speed of the game, however that did not last very long . January 24th and 25th he was given over 15 minutes and he put together 2 good games back to back, he did not get 15 minutes again till Febrauray 14th. He then had a stretch of 5 games where he had good D and hustle but inconsistent offensive output (not bad, in fact his shooting numbers for the month overall were quite good, but there was one game he played 20 minutes and didn't take a shot). At this point he was clearly performing more better then some of the players who were getting minutes over him like Grant and Semi. He then again stopped getting minutes.

From February 23rd until April 28th he didn't get 20 minutes in any game. By this point he had showed he could contribute but for the most part was getting 2 or 4 minutes a game not allowing him to get any kind of rhythm. '

I think we could have been reaping the benfit of his current play 2 months ago had Brad Given him the minutes to do so. He is a shooter and shooters need shots to get going. Now that he is getting minutes of course his shot wil wall more, there will be good and bad days as variance is part of a shooters life but many of the concerns about his game from before the season have been proven unfounded.

His handle is good enough for straight line drives and some variation, his defense is a strength not a weakness. The one major flaw that I do see persisting has to do with his passing, he makes sloppy passes and ill advised passes at time but thankfully that is a very fixable problem. A few weeks ago many were calling him a bust, he clearly has skill and I think the more minutes we give him (within reason) the more of that skill he will show.

I am happy with the pick, its not clear what his long term upside is yet, but he has shown the potential to be a good 3 and D guy at a bare minimum which is a win at 14. I think with his effort and tenacity he will continue to get better and better. I do wish Brad had played him more in March and April but at least he is playing him now.

I think due to his size and shooting skill Nesmith is a better prospect then Romeo, that does not mean I don't think we should also be trying to get Romeo minutes, Brad has to let go of his fear of playing too many young players at once. I don't think Semi. or Carson Edwards or Tremont waters should be seeing any minutes, I think there is time for both of you make Pritchard your primary backup PG and cut some of Grant Williams Minutes (not eliminate but cut). I think Romeo is more a 1/2 and Nesmith is more a 2/3. Pritchard vs Romeo for certain minutes is as much as a conversation as Nesmith vs Pritchard all 3 are competing for minutes at the backup 2 spot. I for 1 would prefer Pritchard to primarily play the point.

I was all for him before the draft, and have stayed all for this entire time. With his hustle and skill he is a great fit next to the J's
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#728 » by cloverleaf » Mon May 3, 2021 7:44 pm

soxfan2003 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

Nesmith is clearly a very good shooter. 82.5% from the line in your first two years of college ball is nothing to sneeze at. Even if his college 3 point shooting percentage last year was a relatively small sample size and not a full season against the better competition, still somewhat tough for an ordinary shooter to ever shoot over 50% from 3 over around 115 attempts.

And if the media leaks and my memory is correct, Nesmith really did shoot 3's extremely well for the Celtics and/or in other workouts near the time of the draft.

It really was just a question of exactly how well he ends up shooting 3's against NBA competition and obviously exactly where the other elements of his game ends up. Time will tell but I did think the Celtics could really benefit from a high level 3 and D player added to the roster.

I don't think he's just a 3&D. So far in his rookie year he is at .706 from 0-3', .391 from 3-10', .667 from 10-16', .500 from 16'-3P (and .382 from 3). That is pretty darned good given no preseason or training camp to speak of, etc.
soxfan2003
RealGM
And1: 4,178

Post#729 » by soxfan2003 » Mon May 3, 2021 9:02 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
soxfan2003 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

I don't think he's just a 3&D. So far in his rookie year he is at .706 from 0-3', .391 from 3-10', .667 from 10-16', .500 from 16'-3P (and .382 from 3). That is pretty darned good given no preseason or training camp to speak of, etc.

I like 3 and D players a lot and have for a very long time so I never wrote that to disparage Nesmith. Many NBA fans ridicule Danny Green while I appreciate his game that he can stretch the floor fairly well even when his shot isn't falling. Teams know he can get hot.

But I stand corrected since I do think Nesmith was drafted and has already showed signs that he can be a little more than a very good spot up shooter plus defense. He may never be a very good dribbler but he does have some basic dribbling ability that some spot up shooters don't really have and he has some scoring instincts/ability near the basket.

He was a safer pick than Romeo Langford given the way the NBA game has changed. Langford probably ends up better player if he reaches the potential/upside that Ainge envisioned when selecting him but a player like Nesmith as long as he takes his profession seriously and he did based upon the interview of him I saw before or right after the draft should have a higher floor.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#730 » by cloverleaf » Mon May 3, 2021 9:21 pm

soxfan2003 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
soxfan2003 wrote:

I like 3 and D players a lot and have for a very long time so I never wrote that to disparage Nesmith. Many NBA fans ridicule Danny Green while I appreciate his game that he can stretch the floor fairly well even when his shot isn't falling. Teams know he can get hot.

But I stand corrected since I do think Nesmith was drafted and has already showed signs that he can be a little more than a very good spot up shooter plus defense. He may never be a very good dribbler but he does have some basic dribbling ability that some spot up shooters don't really have and he has some scoring instincts/ability near the basket.

He was a safer pick than Romeo Langford given the way the NBA game has changed. Langford probably ends up better player if he reaches the potential/upside that Ainge envisioned when selecting him but a player like Nesmith as long as he takes his profession seriously and he did based upon the interview of him I saw before or right after the draft should have a higher floor.

Just as with JB and JT, though of course as lower-tier picks, I don't see RL and AN as competition in comparison. Sure, Nesmith may not have be as good dribbling with the ball in his hands, but that makes him complementary to the dribble, dribble, dribble-style creators the C's have now--as well as potentially, Langford. From the sound of it, Nesmith is very mature and disciplined (like Pritchard), whereas Langford got some serious dings on that front, at least in his rookie year. My hope of course is that they both work out and have good careers here (or until put into a trade or whatever).
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,788

Post#731 » by 31to6 » Mon May 3, 2021 9:22 pm

He’s given us reason to be optimistic about his selection.

Anyone up for comparing to how Precious and S. Bey’s rookie seasons are developing?
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
KingofTheClay
Junior
And1: 200

Welcome to Boston, Aaron Nesmith! 

Post#732 » by KingofTheClay » Mon May 3, 2021 9:39 pm

He’s gonna end up second fiddle to Tatum, with Langford as the secondary shot creator/defensive glue guy and Pritchard as the elite level 6th man. Rob as our Clint Capela.

Brown has no place on this team. If he wants to chuck 3s, not pass, and play abhorrent level defense, we should mail him to Sacramento. He’d fit perfectly with Buddy Hield. I’d be happy to drive him to Sacramento and back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#733 » by Spin Move » Mon May 3, 2021 10:56 pm

31to6 wrote:He’s given us reason to be optimistic about his selection.

Anyone up for comparing to how Precious and S. Bey’s rookie seasons are developing?

Here are Precious stats for the last 10 games

Splits GP MIN FG% 3P% FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
L10 5 9.6 28.6 0.0 50.0 3.0 0.2 0.0 0.2 1.4 0.6 1.8

nothing to get excited about....Bey had a great last game and is putting up decent numbers, but he is getting a ton of shots and PT so its comparing apples to oranges, He has had basically triple the minutes Nesmith has, He is averaging 11 and 4 on a bad team it is not like he is lighting the world on fire, he is shooting 38% from three for the season (about the same as nesmith)
His last 10
L10 10 31.9 37.1 37.3 77.4 6.2 1.6 0.6 1.0 1.0 1.0 13.8

Solid rotation player numbers, don't love the 37% overall from the field, but he looks like he will be a decent NBA player, I think Nesmith has more upside. Bey is a good NBA player though. Detriot has given him tons of PT and shots to develop.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#734 » by cloverleaf » Mon May 3, 2021 11:45 pm

Here's a new interview with Aaron. He actually sounds like Grant when talking about his approach to the game:

;ab_channel=CLNSMedia

(They also post another interview video almost the same length, but I haven't had a chance to check to see if it is a continuation of this interview or just the same thing.)

Update: Sounds like this one clip is the whole interview. He's also pitching his shoes from his new shoe deal a bit.

But really sounds like a smart and mature guy. Says that the throwing himself all over the court hyper energy is indeed (as a scout had reported to the CLNS guys) something new to his game since college, since that was what this team needed. Also says his body is feeling great, and that part of it is knowing the art of how to fall so you don't hurt yourself.
GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,975

Post#735 » by GregB » Tue May 4, 2021 12:33 am

Nesmith seems like the real deal. Interesting that Khris Middleton is his mentor. See a lot of similarities in their game.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,790

Post#736 » by bucknersrevenge » Tue May 4, 2021 1:24 am

GregB wrote:Nesmith seems like the real deal. Interesting that Khris Middleton is his mentor. See a lot of similarities in their game.

Maybe when we play Milwaukee he'll light it up.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,141

Post#737 » by playa-hater » Tue May 4, 2021 2:37 am

Spin Move wrote:
ParticleMan wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

So I think this is more nuanced and you are over simplifying a bit. At the very start of the season, I agree Nesmith was completely lost and overtaken by the speed of the game, however that did not last very long . January 24th and 25th he was given over 15 minutes and he put together 2 good games back to back, he did not get 15 minutes again till Febrauray 14th. He then had a stretch of 5 games where he had good D and hustle but inconsistent offensive output (not bad, in fact his shooting numbers for the month overall were quite good, but there was one game he played 20 minutes and didn't take a shot). At this point he was clearly performing more better then some of the players who were getting minutes over him like Grant and Semi. He then again stopped getting minutes.

From February 23rd until April 28th he didn't get 20 minutes in any game. By this point he had showed he could contribute but for the most part was getting 2 or 4 minutes a game not allowing him to get any kind of rhythm. '

I think we could have been reaping the benfit of his current play 2 months ago had Brad Given him the minutes to do so. He is a shooter and shooters need shots to get going. Now that he is getting minutes of course his shot wil wall more, there will be good and bad days as variance is part of a shooters life but many of the concerns about his game from before the season have been proven unfounded.

His handle is good enough for straight line drives and some variation, his defense is a strength not a weakness. The one major flaw that I do see persisting has to do with his passing, he makes sloppy passes and ill advised passes at time but thankfully that is a very fixable problem. A few weeks ago many were calling him a bust, he clearly has skill and I think the more minutes we give him (within reason) the more of that skill he will show.

I am happy with the pick, its not clear what his long term upside is yet, but he has shown the potential to be a good 3 and D guy at a bare minimum which is a win at 14. I think with his effort and tenacity he will continue to get better and better. I do wish Brad had played him more in March and April but at least he is playing him now.

I think due to his size and shooting skill Nesmith is a better prospect then Romeo, that does not mean I don't think we should also be trying to get Romeo minutes, Brad has to let go of his fear of playing too many young players at once. I don't think Semi. or Carson Edwards or Tremont waters should be seeing any minutes, I think there is time for both of you make Pritchard your primary backup PG and cut some of Grant Williams Minutes (not eliminate but cut). I think Romeo is more a 1/2 and Nesmith is more a 2/3. Pritchard vs Romeo for certain minutes is as much as a conversation as Nesmith vs Pritchard all 3 are competing for minutes at the backup 2 spot. I for 1 would prefer Pritchard to primarily play the point.

I was all for him before the draft, and have stayed all for this entire time. With his hustle and skill he is a great fit next to the J's

Just got home and saw Particleman's reply, there was a lot to digest. thank god I scrolled down before replying because you saved me a ton of time. Most/all of what you said is dead on and I thank you for that. Would like to add that I am not some mere "poster" who just "sits and watches TV" I have a good and long history with BB and have been involved at the college level for years. That alone has given me insight to many things basketball based particularly when it comes to things like the good and bad effects with phycology that coaches unknowingly have with their methods and players.

I would really like to go into more personal detail with my experiences but it would be hard to do and keep my identity a secret. I am not anyone special, but my eldest son is/was pretty well known during his college days. Trying to protect him online. But between my college experiences and then my son's I have seen a ton and there are many of the same principles, positive and negative effects whether it the college ranks or Pros that coaches can have on players productions and developments.

It may be too late for the short version, other to say that I believe in my heart and mind that Stevens really messed this up. I am sure nothing I say can/will change anyone's mind when they are locked into a belief. Fine. But the same applies to me as well.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
JediMasterRevan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,047

Post#738 » by JediMasterRevan » Tue May 4, 2021 10:30 am

KingofTheClay wrote:
Brown has no place on this team. If he wants to chuck 3s, not pass, and play abhorrent level defense, we should mail him to Sacramento. He’d fit perfectly with Buddy Hield. I’d be happy to drive him to Sacramento and back.

No one in the world agrees with that.
Crash2k18
Ballboy
And1: 27

Post#739 » by Crash2k18 » Tue May 4, 2021 11:55 am

JediMasterRevan wrote:
KingofTheClay wrote:

No one in the world agrees with that.

It really is comical to suggest trading Brown or Tatum (and I have seen some C’s fans suggest both at different times this year). Those two are our building blocks for the future. Also both have played parts of this season at less than 100%. That should always be remembered.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#740 » by cloverleaf » Tue May 4, 2021 12:22 pm

Spin Move wrote:
31to6 wrote:He’s given us reason to be optimistic about his selection.

Here are Precious stats for the last 10 games

L10 5 9.6 28.6 0.0 50.0 3.0 0.2 0.0 0.2 1.4 0.6 1.8

nothing to get excited about....Bey had a great last game and is putting up decent numbers, but he is getting a ton of shots and PT so its comparing apples to oranges, He has had basically triple the minutes Nesmith has, He is averaging 11 and 4 on a bad team it is not like he is lighting the world on fire, he is shooting 38% from three for the season (about the same as nesmith)
His last 10
L10 10 31.9 37.1 37.3 77.4 6.2 1.6 0.6 1.0 1.0 1.0 13.8

Solid rotation player numbers, don't love the 37% overall from the field, but he looks like he will be a decent NBA player, I think Nesmith has more upside. Bey is a good NBA player though. Detriot has given him tons of PT and shots to develop.

I think you're underselling Bey a bit. His FG% on the year is .408 (taking more than 2/3rds of his shots from 3 and hitting .459 from 2) and his FT% is .858, netting him out to a .575 TS%. Pretty good for a rookie. I don't really get the point of focusing on just 10 games out of a nearly done 72-game season. And you're right, he may well be passed in production and development by others in his draft class who haven't got as much opportunity this year. I too think Nesmith has more upside.

Return to Boston Celtics