ImageImageImageImageImage

Non scorer OG has scored 20+ in 6 straight games

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Re: Non scorer OG has scored 20+ in 6 straight games 

Post#61 » by HeadtopChunes » Sun May 2, 2021 10:52 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:
Indeed wrote:
He was gassed.
I really like to see another lock down defender with 3 point shooting to be his backup, so that he can finish game strong. We need an upgrade over Stanley Johnson and RHJ for that role.

not a lockdown defender but Otto Porter would be a solid target imo

Wait to see if Winslow doesn't get his option picked up and what happens in Memphis.

Id prefer someone more dependable offensively tbh
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,345

Post#62 » by Johnny Bball » Sun May 2, 2021 11:02 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:
not a lockdown defender but Otto Porter would be a solid target imo

Wait to see if Winslow doesn't get his option picked up and what happens in Memphis.

He was until he was injured. I assume as a cheap rehab project he can be again. The only question I see about dependability is his health. Defensively there's no question he's good.
pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,244

Post#63 » by pingpongrac » Mon May 3, 2021 12:35 am

Johnny Bball wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

He was until he was injured. I assume as a cheap rehab project he can be again. The only question I see about dependability is his health. Defensively there's no question he's good.
Yeah, I'd definitely be interested in Winslow if he became available. I like him more as a secondary playmaker off the bench than Stanley and they bring a lot of the same things defensively. While they're similarly inconsistent on with their scoring, I'd give the slight edge to Winslow. Winslow probably has a lot more untapped potential too. He had a pretty good season in 2018/19 (13/5/4 while being the most impactful player for Miami) then got hit pretty hard with injuries the last two seasons.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using RealGM mobile app
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#64 » by Indeed » Mon May 3, 2021 1:23 am

pingpongrac wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:Id prefer someone more dependable offensively tbh

Yeah, I'd definitely be interested in Winslow if he became available. I like him more as a secondary playmaker off the bench than Stanley and they bring a lot of the same things defensively. While they're similarly inconsistent on with their scoring, I'd give the slight edge to Winslow. Winslow probably has a lot more untapped potential too. He had a pretty good season in 2018/19 (13/5/4 while being the most impactful player for Miami) then got hit pretty hard with injuries the last two seasons.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using RealGM mobile app

I think it also depends if we have a starting SG who can playmake. Currently having Lowry (or who ever starting at SG being the 1st option) and Siakam (2nd option), that goes half of our possessions. Even we scale back VanVleet possession, we are also adding OG, so there is not a lot of possession left.

What I feel has been working:
Birch-Lowry PnR
Boucher-VanVleet PnP
So I think if we get a replacement for Lowry and re-sign Birch, we got 2 scoring options. Adding:
Siakam Isolation/Postup (assume he improves his mid-range pull up)
OG Isolation/Postup/PnR (assume he continues to tighten his handle and practice his mid-range pull up)

Those are the 4 scoring options already. If we add another PnR off the bench, that is good, but his usage rate maybe same as Powell. We may also need to deal with Trent, as I am unsure he has the vision for the PnR. Therefore, I would focus on a 3&D, maybe having a mis-match or capable of playing the dunker spot like RHJ did.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#65 » by HeadtopChunes » Mon May 3, 2021 1:52 am

Johnny Bball wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

yeah I get that just not really interested in the rehab project, been mostly bad on both ends with Memphis so far. Im taking the vet who can make shots and do whats asked of him on defense
MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Post#66 » by MixxSRC » Mon May 3, 2021 1:03 pm

:o forget everything that i said! Big Harden. (not serious but still)
scirocco53
Senior
And1: 164

Post#67 » by scirocco53 » Mon May 3, 2021 3:37 pm

"Release the hounds"
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,527

Post#68 » by DreamTeam09 » Mon May 3, 2021 4:24 pm

MixxSRC wrote:

I made a post in this thread that I hopes he works with this guy over the summer as he's one of the best trainers in the game. A day after I made my post @handlelife posted this and said he worked with him last summer.

Good ish all around, hope he continues the process this summer, I should in the front office somewhere too

In Raptor Ball I Trust
LiSTWithLani
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,151

Post#69 » by LiSTWithLani » Mon May 3, 2021 11:29 pm

I actually really like the makeup of our team. Masai and Co are doing well.

FVV, GTJr, OG, Spicy & Birch is a nice starting lineup for years to come!

Does anyone else think that OG and Gary can be a really good big wing tandem? Sort of like Joe Johnson and Ron Artest?
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#70 » by Young_Buc » Mon May 3, 2021 11:56 pm

MixxSRC wrote:

OmG! This video made me ridiculously happy. If he makes a similar leap next season....
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,714

Post#71 » by slicedbread2 » Wed May 5, 2021 3:27 am

lstern wrote:I actually really like the makeup of our team. Masai and Co are doing well.

Does anyone else think that OG and Gary can be a really good big wing tandem? Sort of like Joe Johnson and Ron Artest?

Gary I'm not so sure. He's got the knock down game on lock and is a pretty good defender, but I'd give it time as this past year was his first time getting major minutes as he was behind Lillard+C.J. in Portland. It'll be interesting to see how he flourishes. I think maybe in 1-2 years he'll get it figured out but he's gonna get paid. Joe was pretty big for his size at 6'7 240 whereas Trent Jr is 6'5 209.

OG on the other hand I've said it before is a Ron Artest lite minus the effed up life of growing up in subsidized housing with no heat in the winter and being mentally unstable. OG is 6'7 230 and can move. Artest prior to the malice at the palace was really putting it together and emerging as a 2-way star that could drop buckets on people while locking them up at 6'6 260.

I see them as lighter versions of them, but hopefully they can be more consistent and if you can get 16-18ppg out of both while being solid 2 way players you gotta be happy for that. I just hope they can find a gem in this draft and nail it so that they can grow with the core. Hopefully they can find a good C as Birch is a stopgap for the time being as he's 29 and will be 30 next year.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,293

Post#72 » by WaltFrazier » Wed May 5, 2021 3:09 pm

Missed OG vs Clippers, a head to head with Kawhi would have been fun. Is his calf really that bad/ He was playing so great in his most recent stretch.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Drygon
Veteran
And1: 4,723

Post#73 » by Drygon » Thu May 6, 2021 9:02 pm

Ackshun wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:Giving players a bigger role than they are capable of doesn’t mean they learn anything. It can skew their growth.

Growth is neither linear or equal, and talent is what determines how big a role a player should be given.

Raptors have been good with letting OG be OG and not trying to make him do more than he is capable of. When we had Kawhi, Pascal as a secondary option and his efficiency was all NBA, and since he left the increase role as the alpha and the efficiency has plummeted including an all time worst playoff performance.

This could be Og if you expect him to be your star. Just let him keep doing what he’s doing and not fit a square peg in a circular hole.

It's a good point but does it kinda assume that all players are equal? Like how do we know OG wouldn't break out as an MVP candidate just because Pascal isn't the answer? Look back to McGrady. He left as a second option to Vince and clearly proved his worth as a #1.

Tough to call. I agree that we should let nature run its course though. When and if OG is ready to be a number one, it will be apparent rather than just forcing it. Which is what we did with Pascal.

I always love people ignoring T-Mac joined Magic because of max contract + oppourtunity playing with Grant Hill & Tim Duncan.

T-Macc would've been a #3 if everything worked out.
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,486

Post#74 » by dTox » Thu May 6, 2021 11:12 pm

Drygon wrote:
Ackshun wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:Giving players a bigger role than they are capable of doesn’t mean they learn anything. It can skew their growth.

Growth is neither linear or equal, and talent is what determines how big a role a player should be given.

Raptors have been good with letting OG be OG and not trying to make him do more than he is capable of. When we had Kawhi, Pascal as a secondary option and his efficiency was all NBA, and since he left the increase role as the alpha and the efficiency has plummeted including an all time worst playoff performance.

This could be Og if you expect him to be your star. Just let him keep doing what he’s doing and not fit a square peg in a circular hole.

It's a good point but does it kinda assume that all players are equal? Like how do we know OG wouldn't break out as an MVP candidate just because Pascal isn't the answer? Look back to McGrady. He left as a second option to Vince and clearly proved his worth as a #1.

Tough to call. I agree that we should let nature run its course though. When and if OG is ready to be a number one, it will be apparent rather than just forcing it. Which is what we did with Pascal.

I always love people ignoring T-Mac joined Magic because of max contract + oppourtunity playing with Grant Hill & Tim Duncan.

T-Macc would've been a #3 if everything worked out.

Depends on what we are talking about as #3, if by putting points on the board, Tmac would be the go-to scoring option, Duncan is my fave player of all time but no way is he a more talented scorer than Tmac, and neither was Hill. Both were overall better players than McGrady though

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
TBZ for the win
LiSTWithLani
Lead Assistant

Post#75 » by LiSTWithLani » Fri May 7, 2021 4:29 am

slicedbread2 wrote:
lstern wrote:I actually really like the makeup of our team. Masai and Co are doing well.

Gary I'm not so sure. He's got the knock down game on lock and is a pretty good defender, but I'd give it time as this past year was his first time getting major minutes as he was behind Lillard+C.J. in Portland. It'll be interesting to see how he flourishes. I think maybe in 1-2 years he'll get it figured out but he's gonna get paid. Joe was pretty big for his size at 6'7 240 whereas Trent Jr is 6'5 209.

OG on the other hand I've said it before is a Ron Artest lite minus the effed up life of growing up in subsidized housing with no heat in the winter and being mentally unstable. OG is 6'7 230 and can move. Artest prior to the malice at the palace was really putting it together and emerging as a 2-way star that could drop buckets on people while locking them up at 6'6 260.

I see them as lighter versions of them, but hopefully they can be more consistent and if you can get 16-18ppg out of both while being solid 2 way players you gotta be happy for that. I just hope they can find a gem in this draft and nail it so that they can grow with the core. Hopefully they can find a good C as Birch is a stopgap for the time being as he's 29 and will be 30 next year.

Yeah, I mean, they seem to fit the player molds, but today's league is far more fluid. We don't have any big lumbering dudes anymore, whereas half-court defense used to be about packing the paint. I actually had a Ron Artest jersey and have always been drawn to the guys with a mean attitude.

Hard to dislike those guys that are all effort, all the time, all defense: KG, Artest, Smart, Tony Allen, Rasheed Wallace, Bonzi Wells, Travis Outlaw, Ben Wallace, Westbrook, etc. I actually think that Stanley Johnson has some of that rough, ruggedness in him, but both OG, GTJr and Fred don't seem soft to me at all!
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,714

Post#76 » by slicedbread2 » Fri May 7, 2021 4:43 am

lstern wrote:
slicedbread2 wrote:

Yeah, I mean, they seem to fit the player molds, but today's league is far more fluid. We don't have any big lumbering dudes anymore, whereas half-court defense used to be about packing the paint. I actually had a Ron Artest jersey and have always been drawn to the guys with a mean attitude.

Hard to dislike those guys that are all effort, all the time, all defense: KG, Artest, Smart, Tony Allen, Rasheed Wallace, Bonzi Wells, Travis Outlaw, Ben Wallace, Westbrook, etc. I actually think that Stanley Johnson has some of that rough, ruggedness in him, but both OG, GTJr and Fred don't seem soft to me at all!

Oh yes these dude's won't back down from anybody.

I'll never forget the Jail Blazers era where Zach Randolph got into trouble for sucker punching Ruben Patterson and breaking his eye socket then running to Dale Davis's house to hide.

https://homeofplaymakers.com/zach-randolph-went-into-hiding-after-busting-teammates-eye-socket/

Dale Davis was like Elden Campbell in that you didn't mess with him, but it's crazy that Ruben Patterson AKA Kobe stopper is a registered sex offender due to him attempting to rape his kids' nanny who was underage.

The game has grown to the point where you gotta know where your at and be able to comprehend the multiple schemes that come with the game and the cutthroat nature of the business. To me, OG, Trent Jr. and Fred are perfect and I'll give Siakam a pass as hopefully this team is back in Toronto next year if possible.

A little crazy side bit: Apparently Shareef Abdur-Rahim and Jaylen Brown were both born and raised in Marietta GA, attended the same HS there and attended Cal, Berkeley for 1 year and got drafted 3rd overall respectively in their drafts that was 20 years apart.
Jaylen Brown got a 4/103 and I wish Masai hadn't jumped the gun with Pascal as thanks to the All-NBA award his deal is now 4/136.9M. Oh well I would've tried 4/110M.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 18,780

Post#77 » by DelAbbot » Fri May 7, 2021 5:07 am

Yeah Masai has overpaid DD and KL and now PS. Got some good deals on JV and TR due to cap inflation. FVV deals looks ok and OG deal looking good.
slicedbread2 wrote:
lstern wrote:
slicedbread2 wrote:

I'll never forget the Jail Blazers era where Zach Randolph got into trouble for sucker punching Ruben Patterson and breaking his eye socket then running to Dale Davis's house to hide.

https://homeofplaymakers.com/zach-randolph-went-into-hiding-after-busting-teammates-eye-socket/

Dale Davis was like Elden Campbell in that you didn't mess with him, but it's crazy that Ruben Patterson AKA Kobe stopper is a registered sex offender due to him attempting to rape his kids' nanny who was underage.

The game has grown to the point where you gotta know where your at and be able to comprehend the multiple schemes that come with the game and the cutthroat nature of the business. To me, OG, Trent Jr. and Fred are perfect and I'll give Siakam a pass as hopefully this team is back in Toronto next year if possible.

A little crazy side bit: Apparently Shareef Abdur-Rahim and Jaylen Brown were both born and raised in Marietta GA, attended the same HS there and attended Cal, Berkeley for 1 year and got drafted 3rd overall respectively in their drafts that was 20 years apart.
Jaylen Brown got a 4/103 and I wish Masai hadn't jumped the gun with Pascal as thanks to the All-NBA award his deal is now 4/136.9M. Oh well I would've tried 4/110M.
LiSTWithLani
Lead Assistant

Post#78 » by LiSTWithLani » Sat May 8, 2021 3:34 am

slicedbread2 wrote:
lstern wrote:
slicedbread2 wrote:

As much as I enjoyed the game of old, I'm glad that the current version of those antics is DeAndre Jordan hiding out with Blake and CP3 instead of signing with Dallas.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,293

Post#79 » by WaltFrazier » Sat May 8, 2021 5:41 pm

I wish OG would play tonight, make the game worth watching
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.

Return to Toronto Raptors