Make Your Best Offer: Steven Adams

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,596

Make Your Best Offer: Steven Adams 

Post#1 » by NYG » Mon May 3, 2021 7:35 pm

If New Orleans misses the play-in tournament outright and decides to retool around Zion, what would they be looking for in return for Adams? What’s your best offer that fills their needs?
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,794

Re: Make Your Best Offer: Steven Adams 

Post#2 » by Colbinii » Mon May 3, 2021 7:40 pm

Adams is a negative value player.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#3 » by loserX » Mon May 3, 2021 7:41 pm

There are still a couple of teams out there for whom Adams represents an upgrade (Charlotte, Toronto)...but not many that would also be willing to pay him his new expensive extension. (There is no offer from Utah for obvious reasons.)

Best I can think of is: if Lonzo leaves New Orleans, maybe the Pels and Rockets decide there's something to a Wall for Bledsoe/Adams deal. Pelicans take a chance that Wall is still the best player and fits better than the outgoing guys do (he can at least push the pace!) while Houston breaks Wall's megadeal up into smaller pieces that may be easier to move.
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,313

Post#4 » by hugepatsfan » Mon May 3, 2021 8:26 pm

Current draft order is NO at #11 and BOS at #18.

IDK, if BOS really liked someone and needed to move up, I'd do the framework of a deal as Tristain Thompson (1 year, $9.7M) for Adams (2 years, $35.0M) for that pick swap. BOS adding in Grant Williams is just enough for a salary match. Pelicans shed the full $17.9M in year 2 and save about $5M in 2021.

Obviously draft order can change and the value of a pick swap is dependent on the specific value of the players. Not sure if this would interest NO.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,076

Post#5 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Mon May 3, 2021 9:14 pm

Zero reason for the Pels to pay to move Adams, so you can probably just keep those offers to yourself.

OKC will take him for free, so you at least need to beat that offer.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,486

Post#6 » by Wolveswin » Mon May 3, 2021 10:46 pm

Adams + Bledsoe for Wiggins + Looney

Warriors bring back Oubre and keep their draft picks.

Adams
Green
Oubre
Thompson
Curry
Bledsoe (6th)
Plus Wiseman, 2021 1st, and maybe 2021 Wolves 1st. One of those draft picks, if not both, wing depth.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,258

Post#7 » by mademan » Mon May 3, 2021 10:52 pm

If Lowry leaves, i could see the Raps taking him on for assets. He's not great, but he fills a need. Whats 2 years of contract worth? A medium pick or 2 late picks?
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,258

Post#8 » by mademan » Mon May 3, 2021 10:54 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Zero reason for the Pels to pay to move Adams, so you can probably just keep those offers to yourself.

i dunno about that. If they plan on keeping Lonzo, this'll be the last year they actually have cap space if they can clear Adams before guys start getting paid left and right. Getting a complimentary piece or 2 for a guy who probably shouldnt even be playing for them but taking near 20 mill/year is not nothing.

And ya, i'd be shocked if anyone took him for free, let alone OKC, who's been charging people to take on decent-great players on bad contracts for a couple seasons now (and Adams would be by far the worst)
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,126

Post#9 » by jbk1234 » Tue May 4, 2021 12:32 am

mademan wrote:If Lowry leaves, i could see the Raps taking him on for assets. He's not great, but he fills a need. Whats 2 years of contract worth? A medium pick or 2 late picks?
I think they can move him for a late 1st, but I think they'd be better of spending it moving Bledsoe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,714

Post#10 » by Ell Curry » Tue May 4, 2021 1:31 am

jbk1234 wrote:
mademan wrote:If Lowry leaves, i could see the Raps taking him on for assets. He's not great, but he fills a need. Whats 2 years of contract worth? A medium pick or 2 late picks?
I think they can move him for a late 1st, but I think they'd be better of spending it moving Bledsoe.

If Lowry left, the Raptors could do Adams + Bledsoe + #11 + future lotto protected 1st for Hood and Boucher I guess, and Boucher/Zion would be an interesting fit together so they could keep him and they do save like 18M or so this year, but giving up 2 picks is a lot. Raps would have an Adams/Siakam/OG/Trent/VanVleet lineup with Birch, the 2 draft picks (or they move up to go after a target) Bledsoe and Flynn to have another meh season but get another shot at drafting a starting quality player.
Where's the D?
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,714

Post#11 » by Ell Curry » Tue May 4, 2021 1:32 am

jbk1234 wrote:

If Lowry left, the Raptors could do Adams + Bledsoe + #11 + future lotto protected 1st for Hood and Boucher I guess, and Boucher/Zion would be an interesting fit together so they could keep him and they do save like 18M or so this year, but giving up 2 picks is a lot. Raps would have an Adams/Siakam/OG/Trent/VanVleet lineup with Birch, the 2 draft picks (or they move up to go after a target) Bledsoe and Flynn to have another meh season but get another shot at drafting a starting quality player.
Where's the D?
NYG
RealGM

Post#12 » by NYG » Tue May 4, 2021 1:46 am

Ell Curry wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Toronto couldn't do it cap wise when you include the cap hold for the #10/11.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,970

Post#13 » by zimpy27 » Tue May 4, 2021 1:48 am

Adams would be ideal on GSW, they'd love his screening.

GSW give Wiggins+Wiseman and get Adams+Bledsoe+NAW

NOP give Adams+Bledsoe+NAW and get Wiggins+Wiseman
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,113

Post#14 » by Dadouv47 » Tue May 4, 2021 1:54 am

I love Adams but can't believe we got a FRP/George Hill/Kenrich Williams and two 2nds for an expiring $25 millions big man.

That being said, Adams is still an above average center and his new contract isn't that terrible so if he really doesn't fit in NOLA system, they should be able to get some neutral value for him.
NYG
RealGM

Post#15 » by NYG » Tue May 4, 2021 1:57 am

zimpy27 wrote:Adams would be ideal on GSW, they'd love his screening.

I kind of like what both teams get out of it.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,113

Post#16 » by Dadouv47 » Tue May 4, 2021 2:01 am

Pretty good offer. Maybe NOLA wants to get better faster so they could be looking at a third team to take Wiseman in exchange of a more ready player but value wise I like it. Also think a Adams/Draymond duo would be crazy good.
NYG
RealGM

Post#17 » by NYG » Tue May 4, 2021 2:08 am

Dadouv47 wrote:

Pretty good offer. Maybe NOLA wants to get better faster so they could be looking at a third team to take Wiseman in exchange of a more ready player but value wise I like it. Also think a Adams/Draymond duo would be crazy good.

And Bledsoe while overpaid has a bench role there too.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,553

Post#18 » by BarbaGrizz » Tue May 4, 2021 2:34 am

Valanciunas for Steven Adams + future lottery protected 1st
Memphis gets a 1st while downgrading on offense but upgrading on defence. Pels gets 10M of cap space and upgrade overall production.

Valanciunas + Dillon Brooks for Steven Adams + 2 2nds
Same as before, but Memphis sends Dillon Brooks, who´ll be a bit overpaid and Pels send 2 2nds instead of a 1st pick
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,886

Post#19 » by Klomp » Tue May 4, 2021 3:14 am

I would love to see him in the Minnesota system
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 367

Post#20 » by Xman » Tue May 4, 2021 3:38 am

EGordon, a twelve pack of Schlitz and a future 2nd.

Return to Trades and Transactions