ImageImageImageImageImage

Paschall's future with the team

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Re: Paschall's future with the team 

Post#21 » by and1GS » Tue May 4, 2021 12:27 am

floppymoose wrote:
GSWFan1994 wrote:Who could realistically be trade targets in an eventual trade for Paschall?

To me he's a trade piece, like Poole. He's not the entire trade. He adds some amount of value to a trade package, likely has a lot less than Poole does now.

What does Paschall/Poole even net us though? He's probably not available, but that wouldn't get us Bogdan. Or Utah Bogdan.

Buddy Hield would be near the ceiling I'd imagine, but what's the point of getting him? Maybe Josh Hart? idk...
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,769

Post#22 » by floppymoose » Tue May 4, 2021 12:45 am

Poole/EP/Minny pick for Micheal Porter Jr? Probably not enough, but I would definitely do something like that.
and1GS
RealGM
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#23 » by and1GS » Tue May 4, 2021 12:59 am

Switch probably to definitely. He's gone nuts since Murray went down. I wouldn't be surprised if they make Murray the #3 option next year.

Jearami Grant might be the peak of what you'd get for Warriors owned pick, Poole, Paschall. IMO we should only trade that Minny pick if we're also dealing Wiseman, as it signals a '**** the future' move.

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,160

Post#24 » by Impuniti » Tue May 4, 2021 5:49 am

floppymoose wrote:Poole/EP/Minny pick for Micheal Porter Jr? Probably not enough, but I would definitely do something like that.

No way they make that deal, MPJ is going to be option #2 after Murray is back.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,329

Post#25 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue May 4, 2021 3:30 pm

MPJ is a traffic cone
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,273

Post#26 » by GSWFan1994 » Tue May 4, 2021 4:23 pm

MPJ is on his way to a max/near max contract. No way Denver is going to let him go, mainly now that they got rid of their lone bad contract on the roster (Gary Harris).
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 360

Post#27 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Tue May 4, 2021 5:08 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:and to think people were saying he could mold into draymond.. give me a freakin' break.

literally no one said that

Apparently, you've forgotten. Even Paschall acknowledged there was a comparison last year. Whether that's having similar skillset (Far from it) or just being selected as a 2nd round sleeper pick, I'm going with the latter:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/07/15/what-warriors-rookie-eric-paschall-thinks-of-the-draymond-green-comparisons/
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/why-eric-paschall-doesnt-need-be-warriors-next-draymond-green
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#28 » by SAKURABA216 » Tue May 4, 2021 5:31 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:Who could realistically be trade targets in an eventual trade for Paschall?

I bet the Pistons would trade us Sekou, but I think Paschall might be better than him.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,180

Post#29 » by clyde21 » Tue May 4, 2021 7:43 pm

i'd trade Paschall for Sekou in a heartbeat
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,387

Post#30 » by ILOVEIT » Tue May 4, 2021 9:59 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:Paschall for some reason reminds me of Marreese Speights. Not for their skill set but their potential level of usefulness. Paschall does have more upside. I think it would be incorrect to say Paschall cannot be an asset but it seems he needs to be employed judiciously.

Good comp. Total rhythm players that can change the outcome of a game but complete liabilities if they're not on.

Hmmm....Speights was never undersized and what he did (score!) he did very well.
I could live having EP on the team if he FIT a position that didn't put the team at a disadvantage on the other end defensively.
When EP is on he's fun to watch...no doubt. Again I compared him to Mitch Richmond. But Mitch had the range....and was big and strong for his position. EP is smallish for either PF or Center....so...:(
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,387

Post#31 » by ILOVEIT » Tue May 4, 2021 10:00 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:and to think people were saying he could mold into draymond.. give me a freakin' break.

Apparently, you've forgotten. Even Paschall acknowledged there was a comparison last year. Whether that's having similar skillset (Far from it) or just being selected as a 2nd round sleeper pick, I'm going with the latter:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/07/15/what-warriors-rookie-eric-paschall-thinks-of-the-draymond-green-comparisons/
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/why-eric-paschall-doesnt-need-be-warriors-next-draymond-green

I think it's fair to say that some imagined him playing Draymond's spot in small ball. But I don't think ANYONE though he would play like Draymond.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 360

Post#32 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Wed May 5, 2021 1:44 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:

I think it's fair to say that some imagined him playing Draymond's spot in small ball. But I don't think ANYONE though he would play like Draymond.

Playing Draymond's spot in smallball (undersized 4 or 5?)? On the defensive or offensive end? I get things don't pan out the way NBA scouts had envision or are overly ambitious/confident that their pick will mesh well with the gameplan, but how does Paschall fit into that specific role exactly from the get-go? His production in college games doesn't even suggest that or was nowhere near what Green was able to do. And he's disappointed as a stretch 4 / undersized 5, thus far.

2 years into his pro career, he's shown more to be like a poor man's Marreese Speights when he should try to play more like Paul Milsap.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#33 » by Kuya » Wed May 5, 2021 2:58 am

Why did we go away from playing Paschall as a bench center?

It was effective early in the season
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#34 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed May 5, 2021 3:01 am

Kuya wrote:Why did we go away from playing Paschall as a bench center?

It was effective early in the season

Kerr hasn't, he still plays as a small ball 5. He's been hurt for weeks though.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 204

Post#35 » by B-King » Thu May 6, 2021 5:52 am

Paschall, Smiley, Wiseman and Non Minny FRP to Houston for Woods. Still high on Wiseman in the long run, but the clock is ticking on Curry.
and1GS
RealGM

Post#36 » by and1GS » Tue May 11, 2021 1:03 am

Are you sure you're ready to move on from Smiley?

azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#37 » by azwfan » Tue May 11, 2021 1:28 am

B-King wrote:Paschall, Smiley, Wiseman and Non Minny FRP to Houston for Woods. Still high on Wiseman in the long run, but the clock is ticking on Curry.

Having seen us play against Woods a few games, I give a big “eh” to this trade. Woods is better than Wiseman but he didnt look special at all. Wiseman for Woods is enough... i mean Wiseman and Smiley for Woods is enough.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.

Return to Golden State Warriors