ImageImageImageImageImage

Race for 7th Worst Record!! - We Did It!!!!!

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

6ixpessant
Junior
And1: 430

Re: Play In Race!! - 7 Games Remaining 

Post#101 » by 6ixpessant » Mon May 3, 2021 1:52 pm

I'm looking forward to the final stretch and I hope we get that 10 slot.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,547

Post#102 » by Psubs » Mon May 3, 2021 2:23 pm

ruckus wrote:Whichever side of the tank divide you're on, the last 7 games of the season will be exciting. You can't completely count them out but I think Chicago has accepted their fate. So, it's between Toronto and Washington for the play-in spot. Other than the WAS/CLE game, the remaining games of both teams have standings implications for teams either fighting for home court, to maintain their position or to even stay within the top 8 of their conferences.

Dis gunna b gud!

Lavine is out with Covid protocol.
MainEvent
Veteran
And1: 2,300

Re: Play In Race!! 

Post#103 » by MainEvent » Mon May 3, 2021 11:06 pm

SuppaSlick wrote:
MainEvent wrote:I hate this play in thing, a bunch of teams way under .500 battling lol it's depressing every time I see it on sports shows or hear the announcers mention it

You would rather league wide tanking for picks instead of more competitive games?

I would rather not hear all this play-in talk with a team that's 11 games under .500
TorontoRapsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,367

Post#104 » by TorontoRapsFan » Mon May 3, 2021 11:14 pm

So if Raps get the 8th spot, is it really impossible for them to beat the sixers in the first round, and then beat who, Miami? Bucks? in the second, and then make another eastern finals appearance?
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 9,973

Post#105 » by tecumseh18 » Mon May 3, 2021 11:30 pm

TorontoRapsFan wrote:So if Raps get the 8th spot, is it really impossible for them to beat the sixers in the first round, and then beat who, Miami? Bucks? in the second, and then make another eastern finals appearance?

Not impossible. But if Fred and Lowry are both healthy, then they both have to start. And we'll lose to the much bigger Sixers.
RapsFanInOhio
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,965

Post#106 » by RapsFanInOhio » Mon May 3, 2021 11:36 pm

Washington plays Indiana twice in the next week - we may be competing with Indiana for that last spot instead of Washington.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig
Ranger One
Analyst
And1: 3,266

Post#107 » by Ranger One » Tue May 4, 2021 12:15 am

MainEvent wrote:
SuppaSlick wrote:
MainEvent wrote:I hate this play in thing, a bunch of teams way under .500 battling lol it's depressing every time I see it on sports shows or hear the announcers mention it

You would rather league wide tanking for picks instead of more competitive games?

I would rather not hear all this play-in talk with a team that's 11 games under .500

Totally agreed. If your record sucks, you dont deserve to be in the playoffs. That's akin to giving little kids "participation" prizes in sports so they dont feel bad for being left out.
"We are Rangers.
We walk in the dark places no others will enter.
We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.
We live for the One, we die for the One."
pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,244

Post#108 » by pingpongrac » Tue May 4, 2021 12:17 am

RapsFanInOhio wrote:Washington plays Indiana twice in the next week - we may be competing with Indiana for that last spot instead of Washington.
That's also a possibility. Pacers have a tough schedule (8 games in 12 days to finish the season with only 2 games against teams out of the playoff picture) and their last 5 wins have come against the worst teams in the league. If they lose tonight (which looks like a real possibility already down 16 at halftime), they probably don't win more than 2 or 3 games the rest of the way and we play them again on the last day of the season.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using RealGM mobile app
ImaBeatDatAzz
Analyst
And1: 4,097

Post#109 » by ImaBeatDatAzz » Tue May 4, 2021 12:36 am

bulls no zack lavine or vucevic... lmao they are actually not going to make the play in... sad. looks like we are stuck with 8th pick most likely
114-110... "Curry lets it fly...CANADA THE NBA TITLE IS YOURS."
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,691

Post#110 » by Basketball_Jones » Tue May 4, 2021 12:48 am

Gotta win every game lets gooooo! Playoffs or bust!
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,450

Post#111 » by Ramed Nazored » Tue May 4, 2021 1:49 am

Westbrook with 21 assists and 24 rebounds tonight. That’s incredible.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#112 » by Inevitable » Tue May 4, 2021 1:55 am

Basketball_Jones wrote:Gotta win every game lets gooooo! Playoffs or bust!

BC established our winning culture more than a decade ago, it would be a shame if we squandered it.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,691

Post#113 » by Basketball_Jones » Tue May 4, 2021 1:55 am

Christ, Westbrook is in MVP form again and Beal is basically Westbrick.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
SuppaSlick
Junior
And1: 346

Post#114 » by SuppaSlick » Tue May 4, 2021 2:01 am

MainEvent wrote:
SuppaSlick wrote:

I noticed you never answered my question lol

I gotta assume you would rather teams resting their entire starting lineup to maximize draft odds which would have been happening to Washington, Toronto, Chicago, spurs and pelicans....

That's the point of the play in... To actually create an incentive to keep playing down the stretch...
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,582

Post#115 » by Zeno » Tue May 4, 2021 3:11 am

OG doubtful, Trent doubtful, Boucher out for Clippers game. Sad to see Watson out and missing all these opportunities. National game or this is also probably a Lowry rest game too.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,299

Post#116 » by WaltFrazier » Tue May 4, 2021 3:22 am

Ranger One wrote:
MainEvent wrote:
SuppaSlick wrote:You would rather league wide tanking for picks instead of more competitive games?

Totally agreed. If your record sucks, you dont deserve to be in the playoffs. That's akin to giving little kids "participation" prizes in sports so they dont feel bad for being left out.

Houston got to the 1981 Finals with a 40-42 season record.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
milkii
Rookie
And1: 835

Post#117 » by milkii » Tue May 4, 2021 4:22 am

no way we gonna get 10th spot. Wizard too sexy and strong for us to catch up.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,547

Post#118 » by Psubs » Tue May 4, 2021 5:28 am

Play-in is so good. If a team has a brutal injury and drop from like 6-8 and would get swept normally they would get replaced by maybe a hot team playing well late in the year that might actually give the #1 seed a scare! Maybe get more GS beating Dallas or Denver beating Seattle's! :D
bon
General Manager
And1: 13,395

Post#119 » by bon » Tue May 4, 2021 6:04 am

SuppaSlick wrote:
MainEvent wrote:
SuppaSlick wrote:You would rather league wide tanking for picks instead of more competitive games?

I noticed you never answered my question lol

I gotta assume you would rather teams resting their entire starting lineup to maximize draft odds which would have been happening to Washington, Toronto, Chicago, spurs and pelicans....

That's the point of the play in... To actually create an incentive to keep playing down the stretch...

The Raptors front office is STILL resting players though to avoid the play in. What incentive has been created? You could say the Wizards but they're already close to being legitimately in 8th before the season ends. And at that point they would probably hate the play-in idea too.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,831

Post#120 » by OAKLEY_2 » Tue May 4, 2021 6:29 am

Ranger One wrote:
MainEvent wrote:

Plus it is already too easy to make the playoffs with sub 500 records in the NBA. They lowered the bar because of the compressed Covid Ball schedule. Boo. Hiss. Lebron is right Lakers should be asterisk eliminated on fate or merit. Media meltdown. Stephen A. to rehab. Jalen can still nut hug Celtics or 76ers with his percentages. Shaq can grumble things you sre not sure what he said. Kenny voice of reason me your Covid ball breakdown.

Return to Toronto Raptors