ImageImageImage

76ers will not make it ECF if Tobias Harris does not score 30 pts per game

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

BB_Fan
Junior
And1: 52

76ers will not make it ECF if Tobias Harris does not score 30 pts per game 

Post#1 » by BB_Fan » Mon May 3, 2021 8:58 pm

Tobias Harris complains he was not selected for all star but he has not played like an all star. He has never scored 30 ~ 35 pts per game and becoming a second offensive threat from the perimeter to complement Joel. If Embiid is in foul trouble or has a bad night
76ers will lose the game.

76ers need a second ISO offensive option from perimeter who can score 30 pts per game if they hope to reach ECF as second seed.
The current roster cannot defeat bucks or nets in a 7 game series.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: 76ers will not make it ECF if Tobias Harris does not score 30 pts per game 

Post#2 » by LloydFree » Mon May 3, 2021 9:41 pm

BB_Fan wrote:Tobias Harris complains he was not selected for all star but he has not played like an all star. He has never scored 30 ~ 35 pts per game and becoming a second offensive threat from the perimeter to complement Joel. If Embiid is in foul trouble or has a bad night

76ers need a second ISO offensive option from perimeter who can score 30 pts per game if they hope to reach ECF as second seed.

This is dumb. Embiid doesn't even average 30ppg.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
BB_Fan
Junior

Post#3 » by BB_Fan » Mon May 3, 2021 10:13 pm

Embiid will be double teamed and Ben will be neutralized in half court. How can the team score 100+ points every game in playoff without Tobias stepping in with a bigger offensive contribution.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 803

Post#4 » by zaz102 » Mon May 3, 2021 10:19 pm

BB_Fan wrote:Embiid will be double teamed and Ben will be neutralized in half court. How can the team score 100+ points every game in playoff without Tobias stepping in with a bigger offensive contribution.
You can't envision Sixers having a chance against a team like the 4th seed Knicks or worse to get to the ECF if Harris doesn't become the third top scorer in the league?
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,748

Post#5 » by Stanford » Mon May 3, 2021 10:30 pm

I think he means finals
zaz102
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by zaz102 » Mon May 3, 2021 10:37 pm

Stanford wrote:I think he means finals
Gotcha. If he's expecting Harris (or anyone outside of Embiid) to up his PPG to 30 PPG, he is going to be disappointed. If Sixers are to have a chance, that's not going to be the route they'll take.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,784

Post#7 » by Murray_17 » Mon May 3, 2021 10:42 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BB_Fan
Junior

Post#8 » by BB_Fan » Mon May 3, 2021 10:48 pm

There is no way 76ers are going to defeat Nets or Bucks 4 times by depending on Embiid alone. You need a perimeter scorer in the fourth quarter and Joel will be double teamed. Tobias as the highest paid player has to step up his game.

It will be his chance to redeem the value of his contract.
zaz102
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by zaz102 » Mon May 3, 2021 10:51 pm

BB_Fan wrote:There is no way 76ers are going to defeat Nets or Bucks 4 times by depending on Embiid alone. You need a perimeter scorer in the fourth quarter and Joel will be double teamed. Tobias as the highest paid player has to step up his game.

Sure that would be ideal. I think if you're banking on that, you're probably going to be disappointed... There's a reason why they were trying to add Harden and Lowry this year.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,748

Post#10 » by Stanford » Mon May 3, 2021 10:56 pm

zaz102 wrote:Sure that would be ideal. I think if you're banking on that, you're probably going to be disappointed...

Sure, but you'll also be disappointed if you think they'll make the finals this year. In a way, I think that's what he's saying.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,673

Post#11 » by the_process » Mon May 3, 2021 10:58 pm

BB_Fan wrote:Tobias Harris complains he was not selected for all star but he has not played like an all star. He has never scored 30 ~ 35 pts per game and becoming a second offensive threat from the perimeter to complement Joel. If Embiid is in foul trouble or has a bad night

Are you trying to say this team is going out in the 2nd round again?

I think most of us realize that is very possible. But if they manage to get the #1 seed, it’s also possible they get two cupcakes and waltz to the ECF’s. And once they get there, puncher’s chance and all that.

If you’re just trying to say Tobias isn’t good enough to justify that contract, I would propose this one word retort to your long-belated epiphany.

Duh.
zaz102
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by zaz102 » Mon May 3, 2021 10:58 pm

Stanford wrote:
zaz102 wrote:Sure that would be ideal. I think if you're banking on that, you're probably going to be disappointed...

Sure, but you'll also be disappointed if you think they'll make the finals this year. In a way, I think that's what he's saying.
Just seems like a long way to say they're the underdog to the Bucks and the Nets lol
syntax
Sixth Man
And1: 651

Post#13 » by syntax » Tue May 4, 2021 3:15 am

Have you seen how Philly play? With the 2nd best defense in the NBA?
syntax
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by syntax » Tue May 4, 2021 3:16 am

BB_Fan wrote:There is no way 76ers are going to defeat Nets or Bucks 4 times by depending on Embiid alone. You need a perimeter scorer in the fourth quarter and Joel will be double teamed. Tobias as the highest paid player has to step up his game.

Embiid gets doubled every game NOW.
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#15 » by Rastas » Tue May 4, 2021 3:24 am

Tobi has had a decent season, anything over 20per in the playoffs will be great for both the 6ers chances in those games and Tobi's trade value this off season.

Sent from my SM-G998B using RealGM mobile app
syntax
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by syntax » Tue May 4, 2021 3:28 am

A big success factor of the Sixers is being 2nd in defense and 10th in pace. Great offensive rebounders too.
BB_Fan
Junior

Post#17 » by BB_Fan » Tue May 4, 2021 3:34 am

the_process wrote:

I think most of us realize that is very possible. But if they manage to get the #1 seed, it’s also possible they get two cupcakes and waltz to the ECF’s. And once they get there, puncher’s chance and all that.

If you’re just trying to say Tobias isn’t good enough to justify that contract, I would propose this one word retort to your long-belated epiphany.

Duh.

Yes if we get the second seed and have to play Bucks we are out. Tobi has to elevate his offensive game as you cannot rely on your center for 35+ pts every game. You need a perimeter iso scorer.

Tobias earns 35M per year and needs to be the go to scorer. You cannot rely on Shake Milton, Furkan or Danny Green to be that proven ISO scorer who will get you the buckets in 4th Quarter.
the_process
RealGM

Post#18 » by the_process » Tue May 4, 2021 4:02 am

Rastas wrote:Tobi has had a decent season, anything over 20per in the playoffs will be great for both the 6ers chances in those games and Tobi's trade value this off season.

Sent from my SM-G998B using RealGM mobile app

If Tobi can avg 20 in the playoffs. that would be ideal.
the_process
RealGM

Post#19 » by the_process » Tue May 4, 2021 4:03 am

BB_Fan wrote:
the_process wrote:

Duh.

Yes if we get the second seed and have to play Bucks we are out. Tobi has to elevate his offensive game as you cannot rely on your center for 35+ pts every game. You need a perimeter iso scorer.

Tobias earns 35M per year and needs to be the go to scorer. You cannot rely on Shake Milton, Furkan or Danny Green to be that proven ISO scorer who will get you the buckets in 4th Quarter.

Ahem.

Preaching to the choir.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers