ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 5

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 5 

Post#81 » by Illuminaire » Tue May 4, 2021 12:56 am

Ruzious wrote:NO would have the 11th pick now. Ingram hasn't been playing great lately. I'm thinking at best we could get Ingram, NAW and that 11th pick for Beal. NAW was doing really well for a stretch of games before getting injured. Say, our pick is 10 - Is there some maneuverablity there? I don't think 10 and 11 gets us into the top 4. It might end up being a frustrating situation.

If Beal was willing to do a sign and trade so NO had long term security, I think you can get another high pick since our first rounder is probably outside of the sweet spot.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#82 » by gambitx777 » Tue May 4, 2021 3:49 am

This times 100000000000
nate33 wrote:It's hysterical how all the 7th seeded teams hate the play-in tournament but all of the 9th and 10th seeded teams think it's a great idea. Cuban railed against the play-in tournament back when Dallas was looking like a 7 seed.

Don't worry, Lebron. The NBA will make sure the Lakers make it into the playoffs no matter what. If necessary, you will shoot 25 free throws in that play-in game.

I like the play-in. It definitely has put a stop to tanking by mediocre teams, and frankly, I don't think 7th and 8th seeded teams (particularly in the East) should be rewarded with a sure-thing playoff berth. Let them earn it in the play-in game or bust their butts to get to the 6th seed.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#83 » by FAH1223 » Fri May 14, 2021 2:30 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

:lol:
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#84 » by Ruzious » Fri May 14, 2021 9:22 pm

Udonis Haslem played a total of 2 minutes this season, and he earned his salary. Dude scored 2 baskets, drew an offensive foul, but what he really did was send the message - If you try to bully us in the playoffs, you're cutting off more than you can chew. And you can believe that message will fire up his teammates.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/udonis-haslem-should-be-suspended-for-the-rest-of-the-season/ar-BB1gJBJE?li=BBnbfcL

18 years in the NBA for 1 team... after being undrafted. Damn! Btw, he's still got a little something left in the tank.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#85 » by gambitx777 » Thu May 20, 2021 1:51 am

Is god mode Steph enough to take down LeBron , AD, and drummand alone? Imagine if obure and Klay were playing. Dear lord that be a game. Wiggins gonna have to play the best game of his life tonight.

payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#86 » by payitforward » Thu May 20, 2021 2:02 am

Ruzious wrote:Udonis Haslem played a total of 2 minutes this season, and he earned his salary. Dude scored 2 baskets, drew an offensive foul, but what he really did was send the message - If you try to bully us in the playoffs, you're cutting off more than you can chew. And you can believe that message will fire up his teammates.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/udonis-haslem-should-be-suspended-for-the-rest-of-the-season/ar-BB1gJBJE?li=BBnbfcL

18 years in the NBA for 1 team... after being undrafted. Damn! Btw, he's still got a little something left in the tank.

I don't know what he's got in the tank, but I bet he's got a lot left in the bank!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Illuminaire
Veteran

Post#87 » by Illuminaire » Thu May 20, 2021 2:18 am

gambitx777 wrote:Is god mode Steph enough to take down LeBron , AD, and drummand alone? Imagine if obure and Klay were playing. Dear lord that be a game. Wiggins gonna have to play the best game of his life tonight.

If he can just hit three in a row to trigger the fire trails, Steph's got this.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#88 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu May 20, 2021 3:00 am

The Lakers versus Warriors game is outstanding!
Bye bye Beal.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#89 » by FAH1223 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:04 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#90 » by Ruzious » Thu May 20, 2021 3:16 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:The Lakers versus Warriors game is outstanding!

I really like GS. With Draymond and Looney, they can really defend up front - forget Wiseman. And Curry has to be doubled all the time. They have others who can shoot 3's. I think the Lakers are going down.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#91 » by Ruzious » Thu May 20, 2021 3:35 am

Lebron's still great, but he no longer has that explosiveness when he's finishing near the rim.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#92 » by gambitx777 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:39 am

Could they be buyers at the dead line with some high picks and wiseman ???

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#93 » by Ruzious » Thu May 20, 2021 4:02 am

GS up by 2 to start the 4th quarter. This game is living up to all the hype, GS has to stop the turnovers. Lakers double-teams have bothered Curry, but he's made a few amazing shots. Green's defense has been all-world.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#94 » by Ruzious » Thu May 20, 2021 4:20 am

Jordan Poole of all people almost made one of the greatest plays ever, but Lebron hacked him and wasn't even called for it. LA up by 1 now with about 7 minutes left. This is awesome.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#95 » by gambitx777 » Thu May 20, 2021 4:40 am

Labron is such a floppy piece of ****.

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#96 » by Ruzious » Thu May 20, 2021 4:45 am

Lebron wins it with a miracle 30 foot fadeaway 3 as the shot-clock went off with 58 seconds left - while he complained that he couldn't see. Can't make this stuff up. The real star of the game was Caruso - who made so many smart plays and did a great defensive job on Curry. Curry scored at will against Shroeder but had a lot of trouble with Caruso. Poole missed an open 3 that would have tied it, but he's gonna be a very good player. If the Wiz somehow make a trade with GS, get Poole.
Illuminaire
Veteran

Post#97 » by Illuminaire » Thu May 20, 2021 4:49 am

I can't stand watching the end of important Lakers games. They get the most BS calls.

The charge that had to be overturned. The incredibly legal "illegal screen" on Draymond. Ignoring Kerr trying to call timeout. Allowing the Lakers to practically bear hug Curry on the final play.

It's all so predictable. You have to beat the Lakers by ten points more than the actual score, or the refs are gonna give it to them.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#98 » by Ruzious » Thu May 20, 2021 4:50 am

gambitx777 wrote:Labron is such a floppy piece of ****.

Lol, I can't see. What a drama queen. He was doing everything possible to try to get the officials to call a fragrant against Draymond. Btw, neither of them can jump.
RealGM

Post#99 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu May 20, 2021 6:09 am

Ruzious wrote:

I really like GS. With Draymond and Looney, they can really defend up front - forget Wiseman. And Curry has to be doubled all the time. They have others who can shoot 3's. I think the Lakers are going down.

I like Golden State, also. Unfortunately, the referee liked the Lakers tonight.

I NBA an TNT will be very happy with the games and the ratings to come Thursday and Friday night or Saturday. (whenever the Golden State Warriors play).
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#100 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu May 20, 2021 6:10 am

Illuminaire wrote:I can't stand watching the end of important Lakers games. They get the most BS calls.

The charge that had to be overturned. The incredibly legal "illegal screen" on Draymond. Ignoring Kerr trying to call timeout. Allowing the Lakers to practically bear hug Curry on the final play.

It's all so predictable. You have to beat the Lakers by ten points more than the actual score, or the refs are gonna give it to them.

The FBI should seriously be investigating them for point shaving and mob or racketeering activity. Officials are officially cheating as far as I am concerned.
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards