5-3-21 NBA Monday GT (8 games)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,237

Re: 5-3-21 NBA Monday GT (8 games) 

Post#421 » by John Murdoch » Tue May 4, 2021 5:16 am

We are the nuggets kryptonight tbh , 3 7fters we can throw at Joker and make donks like MPJ take terrible shots . Clippers and Utah are only 2 im worried about in terms of matchups
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#422 » by Ballerhogger » Tue May 4, 2021 5:19 am

levon wrote:the reporters consistently trying to bait Gasol into drama and he's putting team first every time. so annoying

That’s the media for ya .. gasol is great role player to have
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,830

Post#423 » by Sedale Threatt » Tue May 4, 2021 5:25 am

infinite11285 wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

lol, those shots were so ridiculous
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach
And1: 5,725

Post#424 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Tue May 4, 2021 5:28 am

John Murdoch wrote:We are the nuggets kryptonight tbh , 3 7fters we can throw at Joker and make donks like MPJ take terrible shots . Clippers and Utah are only 2 im worried about in terms of matchups

If the Lakers are healthy (big asterisks there) in the playoffs...I’m not worried about Utah.
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,246

Post#425 » by Infinite Llamas » Tue May 4, 2021 5:41 am

GSP wrote:
yoyoboy wrote:Damn. How many players in the league can make that block besides Davis?

Prolly only Giannis and maybe Isaac and Turner

Rob Williams 100%
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,191

Post#426 » by Catchall » Tue May 4, 2021 5:47 am

I understand that Lakers fans are giddy that they didn't just drop their 4th game in a row (though they were close). See if the Lakers don't lose their next 3 games against the Clippers, Blazers and Suns. That would probably put them back in the 7th seed.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Infinite Llamas
General Manager

Post#427 » by Infinite Llamas » Tue May 4, 2021 5:48 am

hoosierdaddy34 wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
hoosierdaddy34 wrote:
First let’s at least allow AD 10 games to get the rust out and back into playing shape. Because AD absolutely outplayed Jokic just 6 months ago.

Secondly...we are going to crow after a game it took 28 shots for Jokic to score 32? Lol

You're comparing Jokic as the franchise player vs AD who is a Robin behind Lebron. We all saw how AD does being Batman. AD on the Nuggets would make them remarkably worse.

And I wasn't going off just this game. It's been that way all season. Probably why Jokic is being seen as the MVP of the league.

Jokic had 13 points the first time these teams met when AD played. Took him 28 shots to score 32 tonight. You can have MVP all you want, let’s see what happens in the playoffs where it really matters. Jokic hasn’t had much success against the Lakers.

It’s funny how quick Jokic defenders are to eliminating and ignoring the defensive side of the ball. It’s almost as if the game is only played on one end of the floor to them.

The playoffs where AD gets to lean on Lebron and Jokic leans on...Porter Jr...?

So glad Davis bitched his way out of NO to be a sidekick. The only thing AD has proven is that he can’t hack it as a top option. Give Jokic Lebron and maybe he wins too?
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,008

Post#428 » by levon » Tue May 4, 2021 5:55 am

Catchall wrote:I understand that Lakers fans are giddy that they didn't just drop their 4th game in a row (though they were close). See if the Lakers don't lose their next 3 games against the Clippers, Blazers and Suns. That would probably put them back in the 7th seed.

If Lebron plays, they win at least 1. That Blazers one is decisive, and the Lakers guard defense can blitz Portland's perimeter players.
levon
RealGM

Post#429 » by levon » Tue May 4, 2021 5:57 am

Infinite Llamas wrote:
hoosierdaddy34 wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
You're comparing Jokic as the franchise player vs AD who is a Robin behind Lebron. We all saw how AD does being Batman. AD on the Nuggets would make them remarkably worse.

And I wasn't going off just this game. It's been that way all season. Probably why Jokic is being seen as the MVP of the league.

Jokic had 13 points the first time these teams met when AD played. Took him 28 shots to score 32 tonight. You can have MVP all you want, let’s see what happens in the playoffs where it really matters. Jokic hasn’t had much success against the Lakers.

It’s funny how quick Jokic defenders are to eliminating and ignoring the defensive side of the ball. It’s almost as if the game is only played on one end of the floor to them.

So glad Davis bitched his way out of NO to be a sidekick. The only thing AD has proven is that he can’t hack it as a top option. Give Jokic Lebron and maybe he wins too?

Sorry, would Jokic not be Lebron's sidekick? lol

"Give Jokic Lebron" :lol: give me a break man
Infinite Llamas
General Manager

Post#430 » by Infinite Llamas » Tue May 4, 2021 6:05 am

levon wrote:
Infinite Llamas wrote:
hoosierdaddy34 wrote:

Alls I’m saying is that you can’t compare the success of Jokic and AD in the playoffs in a vacuum. One plays with a top 3 player of all time and one plays with a guy not even a hundred games into his career. AD is asked to defend and hit jumpers. Jokic is asked to be everything to his team on the offensive end. Their paths to success can’t possibly be held to the same standard. Just like no one would condemn Dirk if he lost to Miami in 2011.
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,146

Post#431 » by donnieme » Tue May 4, 2021 6:07 am

Catchall wrote:I understand that Lakers fans are giddy that they didn't just drop their 4th game in a row (though they were close). See if the Lakers don't lose their next 3 games against the Clippers, Blazers and Suns. That would probably put them back in the 7th seed.

If AD and Gasol play like that the top teams of the west should also be giddy they dont have to face them in the first round
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,191

Post#432 » by Catchall » Tue May 4, 2021 6:10 am

donnieme wrote:

If AD and Gasol play like that the top teams of the west should also be giddy they dont have to face them in the first round

You mean Marc Gasol who played 17 mins and scored 10 points? Okay.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
levon
RealGM

Post#433 » by levon » Tue May 4, 2021 6:16 am

Infinite Llamas wrote:
levon wrote:
Infinite Llamas wrote:

Alls I’m saying is that you can’t compare the success of Jokic and AD in the playoffs in a vacuum. One plays with a top 3 player of all time and one plays with a guy not even a hundred games into his career. AD is asked to defend and hit jumpers. Jokic is asked to be everything to his team on the offensive end. Their paths to success can’t possibly be held to the same standard. Just like no one would condemn Dirk if he lost to Miami in 2011.

You're not affording AD the same nuance though. When AD was head and shoulders the best on his team, they swept the Blazers and ran into the god mode Warriors. Yet he's consistently trashed for lack of playoff success.

Nobody is comparing AD and Jokic's playoff success in a vacuum. When you contextualize the defensive end, you find Jokic has trouble effective against players who put pressure on the rim and can change directions. And that's a really important quality for a center to be good at. It's like if your PG is a below average shooter but terrific at everything else. I'm sorry that it matters. But then you have the other dude also score 10 straight points and score the game winner in Game 2, dagger in Game 4 of the Finals, shoot half of his shots unassisted and equal attempts by distance at ridiculous efficiency, destroy any smallball lineup, and was FMVP the first two games before he got hobbled. Conversely, Jokic had Bubble Murray putting up 50 pieces to get that 3-1 comeback. I don't get what this year's MPJ has to do with both players' playoff success.
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,146

Post#434 » by donnieme » Tue May 4, 2021 6:18 am

Catchall wrote:
donnieme wrote:

You mean Marc Gasol who played 17 mins and scored 10 points? Okay.

Underestimate that frontcourt at your own peril
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,413

Post#435 » by infinite11285 » Tue May 4, 2021 6:54 am

Given what the Raps reportedly wanted in return, no.
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach

Post#436 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Tue May 4, 2021 7:55 am

Infinite Llamas wrote:
hoosierdaddy34 wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

Holy crap a great player plays with another great player? Stop the presses...we better discredit every player ever in that situation. You’ve convinced me...Charles Barkley is the greatest player ever because he never had a equal counterpart.

Let’s just ignore AD and Jokic went practically head to head last year and just say “but but LeBron” because we want to distract from Jokic’s crappy defense.
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach

Post#437 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Tue May 4, 2021 8:00 am

levon wrote:
Infinite Llamas wrote:
levon wrote:Sorry, would Jokic not be Lebron's sidekick? lol

You're not affording AD the same nuance though. When AD was head and shoulders the best on his team, they swept the Blazers and ran into the god mode Warriors. Yet he's consistently trashed for lack of playoff success.

Nobody is comparing AD and Jokic's playoff success in a vacuum. When you contextualize the defensive end, you find Jokic has trouble effective against players who put pressure on the rim and can change directions. And that's a really important quality for a center to be good at. It's like if your PG is a below average shooter but terrific at everything else. I'm sorry that it matters. But then you have the other dude also score 10 straight points and score the game winner in Game 2, dagger in Game 4 of the Finals, shoot half of his shots unassisted and equal attempts by distance at ridiculous efficiency, destroy any smallball lineup, and was FMVP the first two games before he got hobbled. Conversely, Jokic had Bubble Murray putting up 50 pieces to get that 3-1 comeback. I don't get what this year's MPJ has to do with both players' playoff success.

Great point on Jokic needing Murray to go crazy round one just for Denver to get into the Lakers series. Because apparently Jokic just does everything single handedly all the time in their eyes.
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,098

Post#438 » by Statlanta » Tue May 4, 2021 9:43 am

No way the Nuggets score under 90 points with Murray.

I just can't root for an injured team, even if they have the MVP and a former player from my team.
East #1 Draft Picks: Fultz, Banchero, Wiggins, Cuninigham
West #1 Draft Picks: Edwards, WIlliamson, Ayton, Towns
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#439 » by Buzzard » Tue May 4, 2021 10:24 am

Young Stapler wrote:General Board going nuts tonight :lol:

I had the Lakers possibly losing 4 in a row after the Kings fiasco; plus LeBron re-aggravating his ankle. They already made me a bad handicapper :lol:
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,118

Post#440 » by God Squad » Tue May 4, 2021 10:27 am

Realgm would go up in flames. Also Bron Bron would likely get in front of the criticism with a tweet or interview.

Return to The General Board